Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > the photo a day thread > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 7561 | Total Posts: 64 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 04-23-06 05:27:00 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

gallery thread!!

This is a thread where you can post pictures that you took that you particularly like. I don't take a lot of pictures, so probably I won't be updating this one that often, but I encourage everyone post pictures that they are proud of. This thread is also for comments and criticism about the photos posted in it, so that we can become, as a group, better photographers. Feel free to recrop pictures in more flattering arrangements, add warm filters, etc, in order to communicate your ideas more completely.

That said:
Hoff
Lightnin' Hopkins

Helping a brother out.

Ballkicks: (+192 / -38)
Reg. Date: Jan 2006
Reply 1 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-23-06 05:40:42 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I Love you too.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 2 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-23-06 06:03:57 PM)

http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Mr%20Excitable/Picture%20317.jpg

A fire I was at a few weeks back. An old elementary school got lit up.

http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Mr%20Excitable/Picture%20409.jpg

left overs
Blogroll The Party Live
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 3 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-23-06 06:43:47 PM)

Is it frowned upon for firefighters to bring their cameras to calls? Anyway, that first photo is amazing.
the winged cock
they don't! thank god

Ballkicks: (+82 / -54)
Reply 4 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-23-06 11:08:58 PM)

http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/the%20winged%20cock/IMGP0099.JPG
I hate penis .gifs.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 5 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-24-06 02:03:54 AM)

bradism.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 6 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-24-06 06:24:39 AM)

My little website i'm a serial-killer :)
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member

Reply 7 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-24-06 06:45:54 AM)

Quoted from ice:
Is it frowned upon for firefighters to bring their cameras to calls? Anyway, that first photo is amazing.

We take a digital camera in the truck for evidence collecting and random shots. As for the fire, the school was left to burn out because it was already abandoned and too old and unstable for anyone to go inside and try to put out the fire. So we all stood around and watched it go up.
Blogroll The Party Live
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 8 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-24-06 08:08:15 PM)

Quoted from Mr Excitable:
Quoted from ice:

We take a digital camera in the truck for evidence collecting and random shots. As for the fire, the school was left to burn out because it was already abandoned and too old and unstable for anyone to go inside and try to put out the fire. So we all stood around and watched it go up.

I think a better picture would have been if someone took a picture of a bunch of fire-fighters watching and taking pictures of a building burning down.

But that is a sweet shot, though. Both of them.
"They could have grown up to become Hitler....collectively." - Ztolk's creepy Flash man
Nazgul4591
OLD SK00L KREW 4 LIFE

I'm sorry if you're crying.

Ballkicks: (+22 / -38)
Reply 9 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-24-06 08:18:33 PM)

http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Nazgul4591/HPIM0229.JPG
I don't know why I like this picture... but I do. it's my AP History teacher of whom I curse so much.
No one dies a virgin life screws us all.
STFU, biatch
not bobby

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FUCKING!

Ballkicks: (+460 / -108)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 10 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-24-06 08:23:12 PM)

Quoted from Nazgul4591:
http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Nazgul4591/HPIM0229.JPG
I don't know why I like this picture... but I do. it's my AP History teacher of whom I curse so much.

i bet you get clothes for christmas

zippo-chan is my new samurai graduate......if anyone objects, speak now and forever rest in peace
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member

Reply 11 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-25-06 08:54:21 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Quoted from Mr Excitable:
Quoted from ice:

I think a better picture would have been if someone took a picture of a bunch of fire-fighters watching and taking pictures of a building burning down.

But that is a sweet shot, though. Both of them.

http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Mr%20Excitable/Picture%20185.jpg

You mean like a group shot
Blogroll The Party Live
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 12 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-25-06 09:29:19 PM)

That's hilarious and my new desktop.
"One time I spilled ice cream on my pants and we had to throw them out."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
The Hunger Site
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 13 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-25-06 09:50:53 PM)

Who you know ever
Seen God?
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 14 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-25-06 10:32:02 PM)

the winged cock
they don't! thank god

Ballkicks: (+82 / -54)
Reply 15 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-25-06 11:59:37 PM)

I hate penis .gifs.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 16 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-26-06 02:51:02 AM)

I had a really hard time with the framing on this one. I have another one like this but with a vertical orientation. The problem with this one is that the buildings don't appear to line up -- the line of the roof on the first building isn't parallel to the line of the roof on the one farther back.
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 17 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-26-06 05:29:30 AM)

Quoted from ice:
I had a really hard time with the framing on this one. I have another one like this but with a vertical orientation. The problem with this one is that the buildings don't appear to line up -- the line of the roof on the first building isn't parallel to the line of the roof on the one farther back.

Personally, I like the color of the glowing cylinders, but I would have cropped less on the right side, leaving more space between the cylinder and the frame -- similar to how you cropped on the right side with the pillar.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 18 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-26-06 06:17:03 AM)

Having the focal point of the photograph at the bottom right side wasnt the best idea, ice. It draws attention away from the entire peice and makes one end up staring at a pole. I personally don't like the shot for that reason alone. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I'd suggest (I assume you're shooting digital) taking many, many varying shots of the same frame. Or even try and get some different lenses and really go nuts. Thats the beuty of digital - it doesn't cost a damn thing to go nuts.
My little website i'm a serial-killer :)
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 19 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-26-06 06:24:32 AM)

Quoted from Aaron:
Having the focal point of the photograph at the bottom right side wasnt the best idea, ice. It draws attention away from the entire peice and makes one end up staring at a pole. I personally don't like the shot for that reason alone. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I'd suggest (I assume you're shooting digital) taking many, many varying shots of the same frame. Or even try and get some different lenses and really go nuts. Thats the beuty of digital - it doesn't cost a damn thing to go nuts.

I disagree. I think the poles are the most interesting part of the shot, due especially to the warm, neon color they are emitting. The poles even draw a leading line to the other colored light in the shot, tying the shot together and giving it unity. However, for the reason you mentioned, I think there should be more negative space to the right of the pole, because the eye is drawn to it, and it's irritating to have the frame right there as well.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reply 20 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-26-06 07:16:01 PM)

when i have the time, i'm going to edit some of these and make comments (because obviously i am Art God :eyeroll: ) and also add some of my own to be critiqued. i havn't been doing anything artistic lately, and i'm trying to get back into the habit doing something every day, since i'm not in school anymore.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 21 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-26-06 11:28:49 PM)

I actually did take several shots of this. This is another.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 22 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-27-06 02:28:28 PM)

I helped take this bitch. I'm not going to credit it entirely to myself, since the TA did all of the work to prepare the slides, and practically ran the Electron Micrograph. The quality isn't as great as my physical copy because I had to scan it into my computer. Click for englarged version.

No one gives a fuck about anything interesting here, but the LGN is a central structure for the visual system. I'm not sure from which layer (there are six) this was taken. Ferrets are small furry animals that are kind of useless.
Who you know ever
Seen God?
Ms PT
INTL Premium Member

:)

Ballkicks: (+123 / -10)
Reg. Date: Mar 2005
Reply 23 of 64 (Originally posted on: 04-27-06 03:40:24 PM)

I'm proud of a lot of photos that i took on my trip to Scotland....but these I like the best!

http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Ms%20PT/edinburgh%20041.jpg

http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Ms%20PT/sweethart%20-%20caerlaverock%20016.jpg

http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/Ms%20PT/mckenzie%20castle%204.JPG
I've learned one thing and that's to quit worrying about stupid things. You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember the time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out with your friends on a Tuesday when you have a paper due on Wednesday. Drink till sunrise. Spend money you don't have. The work never ends, but college does..."
~ Tom Petty
superstar satisfaction

pseudO Buddha

Ballkicks: (+21 / -12)
Reg. Date: Sep 2005
Reply 24 of 64 (Originally posted on: 05-09-06 01:58:26 PM)

http://uploaded.interestingnonetheless.net/satisfaction/00007.jpeg
hoo ha
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 7561 | Total Posts: 64 ]