Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > I love Snowy > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] [ Thread Views: 15327 | Total Posts: 163 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
(Originally posted on: 01-22-06 11:43:44 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I just noticed that Snowy is banned. Is there any particular reason why? I looked in the Hall of Rejects, but there is no mention of it. Her listing in the Current Bans reads:

Snowy - permanently - I know that's terrible but eh..the net, something about it makes my fingers turn into devils
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy[/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
mmac
INTL Premium Member
it's INTL, not the fucking UN - Amphy

3ms will rise again

Ballkicks: (+254 / -35)
Reg. Date: Feb 2005
Reply 1 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-22-06 01:33:39 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Yeah, I heard about that on IRC. She is annoying, but her arrogant boat rocking isn't THAT bad. I could understand a week of silence, but permanent seems to be going overboard.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

nevermind, this is permanent
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 2 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-22-06 02:15:21 PM)

I am also puzzled as to what she could have done that has pissed off the powers that be enough to permaban her.

My best guess is that some of the admins might have gotten personally insulted and thrown reason out of the window. But that's just a guess, obviously.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-22-06 10:45:26 PM)

I am equally curious. Haven't noticed anything lately particularly worth any such wrath - unless, this is due to the drama thread in RS, that being the last thread she posted in.
This reply was last edited on 01-22-06 11:34:36 PM by Sunn O))).
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 4 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-22-06 11:31:00 PM)

equally clueless in california

edit: not really upset about it though
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reply 5 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 01:13:03 AM)

I'm assuming she asked to be banned, no worries here
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 6 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 01:59:13 AM)

Even if it was, it should be posted about in the Hall of Rejects.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 7 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 02:20:00 AM)

well i warned her and shit, but didn't ban her. And from what she said to me in PM before her ban, she didnt seem to be thinking about ASKING to be banned.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
www.uselessstatic.com
Mingan
INTL Alumni

Reply 8 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 03:25:36 AM)

Quoted from Sunny:
Even if it was, it should be posted about in the Hall of Rejects.
is that so? does that always happen when someone asks to be banned?
Quoted from wheezy:
well i warned her and shit, but didn't ban her. And from what she said to me in PM before her ban, she didnt seem to be thinking about ASKING to be banned.
'd you think her above having an emotional reaction to something, throwing a hissyfit behind her computer, and deciding having herself banned will show us?
mmac
INTL Premium Member

3ms will rise again

Reply 9 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 08:18:27 AM)

Mingan, aren't you her friend? I thought you'd have talked to her by now.
This signature is only a temporary replacement for something that is actually funny.

Mingan
INTL Alumni

Reply 10 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 09:06:54 AM)

I haven't talked to her in forever, the broad's got issues

edit; weren't you her friend too? I figured you'd have talked to her by now
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reply 11 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 01:56:03 PM)

I don't think that Snowy is the type to ask to be banned. I'm 98% sure that she didn't.
animatedcardigan: your nose is sexy[/w]

[w]Apprenticed under Kage-STFU the art of bujutsu
"It is in Men that we must place our hope." - Gandalf the Grey
mmac
INTL Premium Member

3ms will rise again

Reply 12 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 02:12:21 PM)

I put the blame on either Jeff or Vervet. Both of which had every right to, but it would be nice if they owned up to it.

Mingan
INTL Alumni

Reply 13 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 06:51:45 PM)

I'm 98% sure she did!

trust me, I know crazy bitches

edit; disclaimer; if she didnt, she was thinking about doing it!
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 14 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 09:36:55 PM)

I'll put 10% of the blame on myself for sheer flattery, although I personally didn't think she was that bad.
"I went in the Haunted House, and around the corner, Frankenstein was patiently waiting for me."
"Last night I fell asleep, and when I woke up, my room was a black and white movie."

Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 15 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 11:07:12 PM)

Quote:
Vervet /ban.php?un=Snowqueene&fid=0 2006-01-20 11:43:17 PM CST
Vervet /ban.php?fid=0&un=Snowqueene 2006-01-20 11:43:14 PM CST
Vervet /ban.php?fid=0&un=Snowqueene 2006-01-20 11:42:52 PM CST
Vervet /ban.php?un=Snowqueene 2006-01-20 11:41:00 PM CST
Vervet /ban.php?un=Snowqueene 2006-01-20 11:37:57 PM CST

I'd be curious to know why too.
bradism.
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 16 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-23-06 11:51:50 PM)

That's a lot of banning going on all at once.

I personally know that she did not ask to be banned. Not in so many words, at least.
You think I like you.
But I don't like you.
I hate your guts, I hate your guts.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 17 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-24-06 10:23:08 AM)

I, for one, think this is hilarious.

Especially because even those with problems with Snowy are giving her exactly what she would have wanted: a drawn-out drama involving her.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Fuck you, your dog, and manifest destiny!
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 18 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-24-06 08:58:48 PM)

Where is the drama? Did I miss some big important thread?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 19 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-24-06 09:07:05 PM)

it is a mystery of our time
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 20 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 05:55:48 AM)

Well, there's your typical IRC "omg where's Snowy", and then you've got that BB thread. It's about as much drama as you'd expect, give that it's only Snowy. You've got her minions on the prowl, etc.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Fuck you, your dog, and manifest destiny!
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 21 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:52:16 AM)

I'm surprised I have to spell this out, but I suppose banning people has grown rather formulaic.

Sandamnit and I were talking Friday night, got to the topic of INTL, and I told him that the next time Snowy did something bitchily out of line I would ban her. He asked me why I coudln't/shouldn't/wouldn't ban her right then, and I had no answer (which is not to say that she was banned because I couldn't "prove" her innocence). I asked him if I could, and he said yes. I asked him if he was sure, and he said yes. And then I thought about it for ten minutes.

Snowy wasn't banned for any specific breach of TOS. Intsead of bandwidth leeching or using a banme tag, she continuously disrupted forum goings-on: she took debate personally and attacked other people's moral and intellectual value, she overreacted to small, neutral remarks with large, continuous gestures of contention, she flamed unnecessarily (read: Kayte and "shoe bookcase," Kayte and "weight," peach and "weight," almost any female forumer and "weight,"...do I have to spell this out?..). I'm aware that INTL thrives off of drama and contention, and that other people take things too personally, too seriously, flame, fight, bite, and point their fingers at other people. Those people aren't banned because it's not a part of their "regularly scheduled bullshit."

What did it for me was the recent incident with Mr. Excitable and Ms. PT (see IRC thread). I think it's a perfect example of how Snowy operates: she attacks drunkenly both on and off the forums, and sort of makes a fool out of herself. I'm tired of watching it happen, and to people who have done nothing to provoke a slew of "your girlfriend is a fatty fat fat." Her hypersensitivity and habitual overreactions don't make for very entertaining drama. They don't necessarily offend forumers, but they disrupt forum activity and make people uncomfortable. Using a neutral forumer's stance on her, "i just dont fight with her...i tried being nice over IM a few times, we had some good small talk chats...[but] she turns around in the forums like it's a game." No one wants to play those games.

I've spoken with her a few times off of the forums about her general misbehavior on INTL; sometimes casually (while she's discussing INTL), sometimes just to try and give her another chance. The sorts of things she's told me point only to her inability to accept responsibility for any of her actions. If her verbal assault isn't an emotional motherlode dumped on various forumers or groups of forumers on INTL, then she's "joking" or being one of the gang and a "rebel badass nonconformist" with an opininion on everything from Amphytrite's arm to how Hugo Chavez is an angel and you're wrong (and fat (and she'll make you know)). Even if half the excuses she spews in her defense are true (I'm not disbelieving her), it really only shows she's unable to handle herself in an appropriate social manner. I know some people on INTL who've gone through some pretty awful shit, and they don't take it out on other people. She's got a pretty rabid temper, and a highly skewed sense of how this forum works. She demands justice and fair treatment, and throws that out of the window when handling different people because "she's having a bad day" or was "drunk" or simply doesn't like them. Mingan summed it up nicely: the broad's got issues, and those issues don't belong here. She wasn't banned for being a crazy bitch, but she was for not being able to keep that out of a number of forumer's faces, regardless of whether they were hurt from her arbitrary belligerence. Think of it as a cummulative ban, a self-fulfilled prophecy.

There's obviously the issue of her positive contributions, and I personally am not too concerned with INTL missing out on much while she's gone (nor do I know when she'll be back, but we all know the misfortune of the impermanent permanent ban). What she doesn't contribute, other people will; and things no one else would say, like "fwoggy" and "troubadour," won't be missed by anyone other than STFU or Buddha.
Who you know ever
Seen God?
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 22 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:55:35 AM)

So are you going to post all that in the Hall of Rejects or just paraphrase a bit?
bradism.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 23 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 08:57:39 AM)

I can later today (probably late evening). I have a quiz I need to review for until class.
Who you know ever
Seen God?
Mingan
INTL Alumni

Reply 24 of 163 (Originally posted on: 01-25-06 09:03:13 AM)

I don't think you have to post all that in the hall.

Just say;

Snowy - permabanned

Preemptive Issue Management

or something
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 15327 | Total Posts: 163 ]