Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > Back to School > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3726 | Total Posts: 63 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
EscalatorToHell

elusive and illustrious

Ballkicks: (+177 / -80)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
(Originally posted on: 08-31-04 06:43:28 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

We're hours away from September, and for most people school has already started. I know some colleges start sort of late, but I'm sure most people have moved in at least.

So share the story of your first day or first class or first drunken party of the '04/'05 school year here. Talk about your classes, your roomate, etc. Or, do as I shall, and rant about the workload.

I've started taking classes at BGSU in coordination with my high school courses. The academic advisor for the PSEOP (post secondary education options and/or kids who want to get out of high school early) program put me into honors english 112, which means that I'm now in TWO honors english courses and I've got TWO papers due tomorrow. So, instead of writing and revising, I'm soaking up internet goodness. They'll get done.

My first day at university was really scary. I'm not even a freshman there. I'm lower than that. The campus is huge and scary and I feel really weird wandering around because I don't know anyone.

The worst part so far is parking. The lot for me (and other commuters) is a 10 minute walk from the main part of campus, and 15 minutes from the building that my last class is. With my schedule, this leaves me NO time to eat lunch between BGSU and my high school. Fun times.

I'm looking forward to another 175 days of high school and slightly smaller number of days of college courses.
You're skin and bones; I'm a nervous wreck.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 06:45:41 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I started weeks ago. It's dull.
"Beyond the ridge on the left, you asked me what I want. Between the trees and chirpin' by the shaded pond, I spent an hour with you, should I want anything else?

She rose and winked, like the owner of a candy store. We were sixteen, maybe less, maybe a little more. I walked home smiling, I finally had a story to tell."
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 2 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 06:46:30 PM)

to any potential UofM students: stay the fuck out of my target.
I hate yankees and this is one reason why. Just because you can't pay for 3 hot dogs doesn't mean that the economy is bad and ya'll think that bush is an idiot because he's from Texas. Well f you because he saved your ass from people like Sadam Houssein and don't go thinking i'm just a minupulated trailor trash illiterate for taking up for him because I'm smarter than 90% of the world.

"There's not a lot of cursing, swearing, personal cuts, there's not a lot of put downs, it's not you know screen-fulls of you know "go to hell", it's just surprising."

--- John Allen about "Internet"
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 3 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 07:05:59 PM)

Well, since I've been back to college, I've been swamped with club obligations, class obligations, and trying to get my room together. I have a single this year, and I'm grateful for it, but I have to re-adjust to dorm life and trying to piece together a working schedule.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 4 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 07:11:09 PM)

My first day of school...eh. Move-in was horrible, we took the horse trailer and everyone stared most of the time but I was too hot to care. Classes started last Monday(the 23rd). My roommate(yes, she's hot; no, I won't post her pics) rides too, so we were really excited to start. At this point I'm planning to try out for the riding team, because I'm one of the three top riders in the intermediate class. I feel like I have a reasonable shot at the advanced WTC or novice jumping spot.
My favourite class so far, aside from riding, is Great Masterworks, a class about the history of music. All my teachers are pretty cool, and the only thing I'm not looking forward to is getting up for a 9.00a Geology lab tomorrow.
I have very few friends and yeah, I'd like to have more but I'm pretty sure I come off as very cool and anti-social. It takes time, I guess. I've been scoping out guys(I'm a chick, it's what I do best) and I've seen a couple promising subjects, but they're probably all gay(Dimi please come to my school).
I like getting mail but I never get any. My dad actually sent me a postcard with Robert E. Lee on it(Tyr shoutout), and I got my last paycheck a couple days ago. Mom's trying to figure out how to forward Time and Horse Illustrated directly to the school, because I'm the only one who reads either one.
So please send me mail. I'll send mail to you if you send mail to me.
The end.
He was killed by a cellular phone explosion. They scattered his ashes across the ocean. The water was used to make baby lotion. The wheels of commotion were set into motion. But the sun still shines in the summertime. I'll be yours if you'll be mine. I tried to change but I changed my mind. Think I'll have another glass of Mexican wine.

Asthetik's musictalk bitch, serving the world of progressive house 24/7.

Proud recipient of the Crown of Coronets of the Southern Hemisphere.
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 5 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 07:14:38 PM)

That and your roommate has pretty reasonable music taste. Anyone who likes Paul van Dyk is reasonable in my book.
asthetik - year 04/05

the only difference between a caprice and a life-long passion is that the caprice lasts a little longer
Captain James T. Kirk
Sweaty men? Yes please!

ˇSpanish!

Ballkicks: (+184 / -62)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 6 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 07:42:24 PM)

I started last wednesday. The highlight is that i'm class president.
<Byc> kita, give troz a rim job
<Trfzt> if youlike the flavor
<Trfzt> rim?
<Byc> he knows what i'm talking about
<kita> urgh.
<Trfzt> give it to me, oh yeah
<kita> no.
<Trfzt> why?
<Trfzt> is it something like eat ass?
bother

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+108 / -25)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 7 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 07:43:07 PM)

i don't go back to college until october 3rd. and classes don't start for a week after that. humph! meanwhile i sit at home and eat yoghurt.

Quote:
Anyone who likes Paul van Dyk is reasonable in my book.
you wouldn't say that if you knew some of the people i know who do. or... maybe you would. obviously i have nothing against trance in general (obviously! actually i do), but... um, in my town it's rather more popular with the less--how do you say--salubrious citizenry.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 8 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 07:45:58 PM)

My first day was last Wednesday, and things have been pretty uneventful. I've been keeping busy going to my classes and trying to stay alert for most of them instead of doodling or daydreaming like I usually do. All of my profs are men and most of them are old and creepy, but maybe that will make it easier for me to get a good grade (rawr). I also managed to take a shitload of writing classes without even knowing it -- that's what I get for putting together my schedule minutes before my registration appointment.

Otherwise I've been at work or at the gym.
God of Rock, thank you for this chance to kick ass. We are your humble servants. Please give us the power to blow people's minds with our high voltage rock. In your name we pray, Amen.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 9 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 07:51:13 PM)

8 days left.

The depression is already setting in.

Timmy died of malaria last night and we moruned him after brunch.

Killed 490 pounds of meat but could only take 120 pounds with us.

Is looking forward to seeing the Pacific.
~British[/whisper] Agent
[whisper]"Plan B. Still breathing? Now we gotta make the best of it, improvise, adapt to the environment, Darwin, shit happens, I Ching, whatever man, we gotta roll with it."
- Vincent
Links: 0 A.D., Heaven Games, Something Awful.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 10 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 07:51:16 PM)

My move in was awesome and everything about this place is awesome.

Long live the party town of California.
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 11 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 07:51:35 PM)

I start school tomorrow, my junior year, but this different as i am in some 'outdoor school' program with students from all over. it's kinda cool because we go on lots of trips and go camping and such. the downside is that i have a 70 minute commute via my bike, so this means getting up at 6.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 12 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 08:47:18 PM)

Fisher, where are you going to school?

I don't go down to UC San Diego for another two weeks or so. All of my friends are in gone to college already or still in high school and I have literally nothing to do. You guys will be seeing a lot of me in the next two weeks.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reply 13 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 08:48:37 PM)

I'm a senior in High School this year, thank God. I've got the best schedule in the world this semester:

-Studio Photography
-AP American History (With my favourite teacher, which means I don't have to do shit in the class.)
-Honors Studio Practice
-Honors Studio Practice

What this means is that I sit around and do nothing for three hours, and then I go to another school and sit around and play with clay for another three hours.
This reply was last edited on 08-31-04 09:11:23 PM by Lyle.
kayte
INTL Premium Member

How long until this becomes my new title let's count the seconds

Ballkicks: (+1019 / -241)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 14 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 09:05:12 PM)

I don't start until the 8th. I'm somewhere between nervous as fuck and psyched as hell, but that happens to me every year. Mostly I'm excited for all my friends to come back from their summer vacations and party with me again.

This year I'm taking:

First semester

Academic Support (A learn-to-user-your-time-wisely type class)
HIST 2273 Sports, Culture & History (in which we learn how the popular sports of nations reflect their culture)
HIST 1106 Introduction to Western Civilization (whee, Mess o' potamia)
COMP 1813 Computers in General Applications (AKA Chips for Dips, this is my bird course to boost my GPA)
HIST 2443 Women in History Since 1867 (a course looking at Canadian women and their place in history)

Second semester

Academic Support (continued)
HIST 1106 Western Civ (continued)
HIST 2103 Renaissance Europe 1350-1520 (yay old folks)
HIST 1323 Canada Since 1867 (the nation since Confederation)
IDST 3503 History of Ideas about Women (go go feminist power)
SOCI 2723 Canadian Criminal Justice (damn the man, save the empire)

It should be a good year, I'm looking forward to it.

I live in an apartment off campus, so I don't have to worry about moving into residence at the same time at 300 other people or anything crazy like that. It's excellent.
Lucifer Beowulf Helidon
The Reel RS Krew
MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT IS LUCIFER@ROKBOM.COM

LBH was here... All thats left are the shattered remains of a broken man.

Ballkicks: (+457 / -89)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 15 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 09:07:22 PM)

7 weeks into this semester.

I'm doing:

BIOL1014- Molecular and Microbial Biology
BIOL1015- Human Biology
BIOL1016- Ecology and Environment
CHEM1013- Chemistry 1B
Public Service Announcement: OLD PEOPLE HAVE SEX
~ RokBom ~
kham
you're a cigarette!

Bedwetter

Ballkicks: (+259 / -51)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 16 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 09:09:40 PM)

I go back to UCLA on the 21st of September and I envision the first week there (welcome week - no classes, ton of drinking) I will be drunk AT LEAST 1/4 of the time (this is an ACTUAL goal of a few friends of mine and I).

Then classes start and fun goes downhill.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 17 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 09:12:39 PM)

I'm not that sad to be going back to school... four of my classes are on the stage.

1st Semester:
Religion (with a teacher who has fallen asleep in class several times in the past)
Comm. Tech (mostly working with video cameras and sound)
Drama (whoo stage)
Lunch
Dance (opa! stage)

2nd Semester:
Math (??? it's math...)
English (teacher's a funny lady, but a lot of grammar, or so I hear)
Stage Tech (hot diggety - on stage!)
Lunch
Musical Theatre (holy toledo - on stage)

So as long as the people in the classes don't suck, then I've got it made.
"There's nothing more stupid than white guys trying to dance to black music."-My mom, while watching "Hardball" on television.
Theatre on the Edge
My Musical Compositions
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 18 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 09:56:12 PM)

Quote:
you wouldn't say that if you knew some of the people i know who do. or... maybe you would. obviously i have nothing against trance in general (obviously! actually i do), but... um, in my town it's rather more popular with the less--how do you say--salubrious citizenry.

Well, his music is definitely really poppy. However, its pretty underground here, whereas in the UK PvD plays massive crowds around the country. I've got a soft spot for him because of some of his classics.. Politics of Dancing was one of the best trance mix cd's of its time and the remixing/remastering of every track in the studio by the mixing Dj was a pioneering concept recently perfected by Sasha in his last Global Underground release.. He was more of a ground breaker back then, lately hes been pretty much sticking to pop formulas.
asthetik - year 04/05

the only difference between a caprice and a life-long passion is that the caprice lasts a little longer
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 19 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 09:59:50 PM)

es my last year at MCC, the local community college. and for the fall im takin :

-Drawing 1
-Painting 1
-Ceramics
-Intro to Film.
...and the dreaded...
-College Algebra.
(a grand total of 14 credit hours)
I know none of that sounded all techincal and collegey, i just dont care to remember what its book name is.

So far, its easy. Im able to skip at will and not be too far behind. My favorite class has to be painting, its so relaxing.
ExtraKryspi
I WHINE ABOUT ASININE SHIT
i like your style kryspi

Ballkicks: (+117 / -63)
Reply 20 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 10:13:41 PM)

I go back September 7th or something. Classes start September 9th. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends and whatnot, but not looking forward to classes.

I have a friend who's going to Stanford. Apparently she doesn't go until September 25th or something ridiculous like that. That bitch.
e io etterna duro
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 21 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 10:15:06 PM)

Quoted from ice:
Fisher, where are you going to school?

I'm at Chico. Come visit me on your way down (I think). That would be cool.
lizardbreath

WARNING: Using acid (LSD) during pregnancy will result in mental giants such as myself!

Ballkicks: (+146 / -15)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 22 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 10:23:42 PM)

I go back on the 7th. I hope I got into the classes I chose, but I don't find out until then.
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reply 23 of 63 (Originally posted on: 08-31-04 10:29:29 PM)

Quoted from goatstack:
es my last year at MCC, the local community college. and for the fall im takin :

-Drawing 1
-Painting 1
-Ceramics
-Intro to Film.

I'm majoring in ceramics when I get to college. What do you think of it? I lot of people find it to be frustrating or boring, but for me it's a really great creative outlet and working on the pottery wheel never gets boring, as you have to keep on top of it at all times.
Marcher
Background Forummers

I'm jealous of Jesus.

Ballkicks: (+344 / -47)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 24 of 63 (Originally posted on: 09-01-04 12:15:42 AM)

I went back yesterday.

-Calculus
-Band
-Economics
-Cisco
-Physics
-English

Ugh. I thought senior year was supposed to be full of free periods and fun.

Being back at school really blows. The first day back is cool, since you get to see people you haven't seen in three months, but overall I'm already dreaming about next summer.Waking up at 6:30 isn't good for me, and homework is already severely cutting into my time to hang out with friends.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3726 | Total Posts: 63 ]