Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > favorite console? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 2842 | Total Posts: 23 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
favorite next gen game console?
This poll has expired.
PS2 9 votes, 50%
Gamecube 6 votes, 33.333%
Xbox 3 votes, 16.667%
Totals: 18 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
freekshoow9w

Ballkicks: (+2 / -3)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
(Originally posted on: 06-26-03 10:41:13 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

just wondering whats the favorite among everyone. my personal favorite is PS2.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 23 (Originally posted on: 06-27-03 04:41:35 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

http://forums.interestingnonetheless.com/uploaded/GlobeThrasher/XboxComic.gif

I'm neutral between Xbox and Gamecube. I don't like PS2 because everything on it is shitty, and if it's not, it's ported. All with the exception of the Final Fantasy series. But that's all about to change. i'm a serial-killer :)

PC will always be supreme, for the simple fact that it has 5000x more capability.
This reply was last edited on 06-28-03 08:37:57 AM by flaming arrow.
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 2 of 23 (Originally posted on: 06-27-03 04:44:10 PM)

I have the PS2, but I <3 the gamecube, even though I don't have it. Nintendo4ever.
$2
Pascal
The Alpha Nerd

I love you, but why must you love the law?

Ballkicks: (+419 / -41)
Reply 3 of 23 (Originally posted on: 06-27-03 06:02:48 PM)

If I was getting a console, it would be X-Box.
PopRocks

I can buck my hips and suck neck while pinned under 250 lbs of man; I had him do me doggy style so we could both watch "When Harry Met Sally"

Ballkicks: (+233 / -15)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 4 of 23 (Originally posted on: 06-27-03 06:44:05 PM)

i have a ps2, and i enjoy it thouroughly. i can play ff7 and 10 and tekkan and gta. as much as i hate using a system other than nintendo, the only game i like for gamecube is smash bros. besides, i can just use the gba for mario and zelda.
"if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit"
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 5 of 23 (Originally posted on: 06-27-03 10:15:54 PM)

All three systems have their strong-points and low-points.

The PS2 has the most games, many of which are good. But it's got the worst graphics of the three. It's oddly fragile too.

GC has Metroid Prime. 'nuff said.

Xbox has the coolest controlers (love the big ones). They have Halo. The system seems pretty big, but it's really not that bad. If company comes over, I just cover it with the mainsail of our sailboat.
~British Agent
"Espionage would probably be the second job to exist... and it's just as honorable as the first."
-<Blue Blood>-
Widukind
MARCHINTOCH SI 4 DA FAGZZZZ

M/F? No one knows

Ballkicks: (+126 / -166)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 6 of 23 (Originally posted on: 06-27-03 11:00:26 PM)

Go NES&SNES!!!
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 23 (Originally posted on: 06-28-03 08:39:16 AM)

I haven't played much of either, but the Gamecube is pretty damn cool. My vote goes to the Gamecube.
"What are your opinions on Sandamnit?"
Zippo279: I want to make INTL babies with him.
Calagorm: Ive never realy spoken with him, but he seems to overreact quite a bit. i think intl for him is kindof a power trip sometimes.
SmarterChild: Won't you please make a donation to the robot survival fund? :-/ All I'm asking for is \$9.99, and you get to be my friend for a whole year!
mirthalac: h
Ishmaelkun: i dont think he likes me
BaggyBrad8: IM IN FLAMING ARROWS SIG! ITS STILL FUNNY THE SECOND TIME! HAHAHA
FlamingArrow55: He's a huge prick.
TheShadowDawn
Cautiously optimistic

Draggy

Ballkicks: (+82 / -11)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 8 of 23 (Originally posted on: 06-28-03 08:44:37 AM)

I haven't used a Gamecube extensibly, so I can't fairly judge on that. But I prefer the PS2 over the Xbox.
Everything is funny as long as itís happening to someone else.
Nemesis
Zuri's Cat
They're ALL scientologists damn you! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Ballkicks: (+87 / -19)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 9 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-03-03 12:26:44 AM)

well I have a Ps2...other than Dark Cloud I'd have to say it was a wasted 200 dollars, I don't like Gamecube much for anything but the new zelda game, and Xbox only has HALO going for it. The new systems are sucking. I'd take Chrono Trigger and FF3 over any of the new games myself.
"A Real Friend Bails U Outta Jail...A Best Friend Is Next To You Sayin That Shit Was Off The Hook Lets Do It Again!"
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 10 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-03-03 08:01:37 AM)

Quoted from freekshoow9w:
just wondering whats the favorite among everyone. my personal favorite is PS2.

i particularly like how you offered a stunning depth of reasoning to justify your choice.
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

And I tip my hat to YOU, Swiss.

Ballkicks: (+205 / -13)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 11 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-05-03 06:47:39 AM)

PS2. Games like GTA:Vice City, and it's DVD playing capabilities, racks of games such as the aforementioned, enormous game producing rights, and the ability to still play PS1 games puts it well ahead of the competition.

It does appear to be oddly fragile though.
"I feel that if a person can't communicate, the very least he can do is to shut up." - Tom Lehrer
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 12 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-06-03 09:41:11 PM)

Quoted from swiss:
PS2. Games like GTA:Vice City, and it's DVD playing capabilities.

That's exactly why I own a PC instead of a PS2.

And if you want to play PS1 games that much, just buy one for under 50 bucks. Or, again, get an emulator on your PC. i'm a serial-killer :)
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reply 13 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-06-03 09:59:21 PM)

..or just buy a PS2.
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Reply 14 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-06-03 10:31:45 PM)

Yet another way to waste $150.
Tubby_D

Ballkicks: (+1 / -7)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 15 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-11-03 11:33:23 PM)

I had a gamecube but It was to kiddy for me so I traded It for a PS2.
Burnt_Corn

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+48 / -41)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 16 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-11-03 11:42:52 PM)

Xbox.
I Object to Pirates as Son-in-Laws!
We Object to Major Generals as fathers-in-laws.
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reply 17 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-12-03 12:07:24 AM)

Here's a novel idea. Figure out what games you want, then buy the console that has those games.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
FMP writes erotic stories better than anyone else I know. - Socrateius
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 18 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-12-03 01:11:30 PM)

I play my PS2 the most. I used to have an X-box, but after a few weeks of some hardcore halo action, I realized that that was the only thing the system has going for it, so I sold it and got a Gamecube.

I like the Gamecube the most, it just needs some more games. All I really play on it now is Smash Bros, Zelda, and Metroid Prime (which should have had multiplayer, but thats another thread entirely).

Some of the games that are coming out for GC really get me excited, such as Final Fantasty Crystal Chronicles. Gamecube gets my vote.
The true meaning of Alvistime is drinkin'. Drinkin' and revenge. Now drink with me deeply of the burbon scotch and rye until which time as we are fighting drunk. Then we shall find and beat the asses of the non-believers.

Why can't we not be sober? Just want to start this over. Why can't we drink forever? I just want to start this over.
Mr Bounce

Ballkicks: (+95 / -37)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 19 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-13-03 12:38:23 AM)

Xbox. The GC has bad games in my opinion. You'll probably hate me for this, but I don't like the supposed great games.
izzy: fuck you
Soccy: after my nap
"SHUT UP YOU NIGGER TERRORIST!!" - Flaming Arrow
"Department store computers are like mcdonalds hamburgers, squished up really small and full of shit" - Baggy_Brad
"I suppose I could forgive you, but that would probably involve giving a damn, and I'm just not prepared to do that." - uselessinformation
antpocas
"Sex is not dating."
"If it were, Santana and I would be dating.

GLEEK

Ballkicks: (+414 / -233)
Reply 20 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-13-03 05:45:15 AM)

Quoted from Tubby_D:
I had a gamecube but It was to kiddy for me so I traded It for a PS2.

What the fuck do you mean by "too kiddy", and why the fuck did you trade it for a PS2?
$2
Magus

Benze and I should have a sad-off

Ballkicks: (+77 / -47)
Reply 21 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-13-03 02:23:21 PM)

I like both the PS2 and the GC, but my vote goes to PS2. It has a greater selection of good games (Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, etc.).
I'm busy with nothing all the time now.

FINALLY, I am a high school senior!
PeachyKeen
Alcoholics Anonymous

Ballkicks: (+16 / -5)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 22 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-13-03 02:45:02 PM)

I would have to say PS2, even though I don't have one yet, but I hope to be getting one soon. I like Tekken Tag, Gauntlet, and some others. We have the Gamecube becaue my brother got it for Christmas, and I have only played Mario Party on it, so I can't really say if I like it that much.
"I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozed dead from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself." D.H. Lawrence
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 23 of 23 (Originally posted on: 07-13-03 09:17:47 PM)

I'd rather play SNES then any of those 'new-age' consoles.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2842 | Total Posts: 23 ]