Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Canada VS USA > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3372 | Total Posts: 65 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Which is a better country to live in?
This poll has expired.
Canada 15 votes, 53.571%
USA 12 votes, 42.857%
Neither Are Good To Live In 1 vote, 3.571%
Totals: 28 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
windex

Ballkicks: (+21 / -9)
Reg. Date: May 2003
(Originally posted on: 05-13-03 08:13:41 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Canada and USA are very similar countries, however there are a few key differences between them. In this thread, I am curious to see which people view as a better country to live in.
If you are Canadian, don't just vote Canada because you live there, and vice versa. Take the time to think about the pros and cons of each country, and feel free to elaborate.

Myself, I find Canada to be a better country to live in for various reasons including:
- Free Health Care
- The Soon To Be Legalization of Marijuana
- The Fact That The Majority Of Other Counties Hate Americans.

I see no distinctive benefits to living in the USA.
Feel free to explain some.
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 1 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 08:26:02 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

the us is better than canada because:

- Less damned dirty canadians.
- More gun murder
- A religious right that is the moral compass for the world omg yah rite fag lol
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW
kham
you're a cigarette!

Bedwetter

Ballkicks: (+259 / -51)
Reply 2 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 08:36:38 PM)

It matters where in the US. California is better than Canada, while Kentucky is not.
blacksun

dooooooooood I'm like soooooo high

Ballkicks: (+74 / -90)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 3 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 08:38:32 PM)

I've never been outside of the US, I haven't got anything to compare it to.
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reply 4 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 08:39:37 PM)

Quoted from Drunk Khan:
It matters where in the US. California is better than Canada, while Kentucky is not.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 5 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 08:40:52 PM)

I enjoy being an United Statienne sometimes. Canada does have free health care, though...that's kind of cool.
When I look into your eyes, you help me realign, and show me just how to be myself inside...I'm in control of everything; it's taking time--but that's okay. I can bring you to my side...you're my blessing in disguise--you're mine; you're mine. You're my blessing in disguise; you help me realize just how and where I want to be years from now...
Alyantis
FEMALE

Ballkicks: (+89 / -25)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 6 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 08:48:42 PM)

I personally like it here in U.S. I have no problem with paying for a service.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 7 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 08:50:31 PM)

I heard that Canada has lowered the penalty for possession of marijuana to a simple fine if it is a small quantity. And are debating lowering it further.

However, I doubt we will take it to full legalization, since US doesn't want us to, and for the most part, US government has their yankee hand wrapped around Canada's testicles.

But who knows. We already stood up and decided not to go to war, so maybe we won't give in this time.
"If stupidity was a bannable offense there would be no forum populace." -PR
"Some bitch told me that video games were violent. So then I pressed 3, got out my shotgun, and blew her fucking head off." -Ztolk
"Experience has taught me that if she's a woman, she needs a beating." -Baggy_Brad
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 8 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 08:51:37 PM)

Quoted from mirthalac:
Quoted from Drunk Khan:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's probably true. I'd never live in canada, I've been there enough to know it's not my scene. There are more states in the US, like California, that are better then the whole of Canada to me.

Who cares if marijuana is almost legal? Really, grow up. If you are too much of a pothead to avoid getting caught in this fucked up country you dont deserve to live here anyway.

oops, there goes half the population.
"most deffently" - Spazz
"Skye should date someone who digs lesbian nigger bitches." - Blacksun
This reply was last edited on 05-14-03 10:50:49 PM by Smokey.
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Ballkicks: (+735 / -175)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 9 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 08:56:50 PM)

Having lived in both... I find that the US has way more pro america propaganda. It seems like every book of matches, every quaint bungalo, every moist towelette package has an american flag on it.

Also, there are MacDonalds' fucking EVERYWHERE. Within two blocks of each other.

I personally like Canada better because it's more vast, and you can drive somewhere and forget yourself for awhile. In the US I'm pretty sure there are very few places that you can drive for more than a half an hour without getting more than five "Next Exit MacDonalds!" or any signs like that, just the regular signs telling you how far the next few towns are. You can appreciate the scenery.

The United States has too many accents. In Canada at least we have an excuse for the accents, because our country is huge. Canadians can tell people who are from the East Coast, from Quebec, and the rest pretty much sound the same.

I hate the US currency. Seriously, everytime I buy something with a 10 or 20 dollar bill (nevermind the annoying same color shit) and lets say it's four dollars in change, I have to have four dollar bills. How annoying is that? I could have two coins instead of that in Canada. Plus my changepurse is so less useful now.
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Reply 10 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 08:59:56 PM)

And Fuck you anyone who said anything about dirty Canadians. I'm surprised Mirthalac said that. You can expect a hearty blow from my Canada box.

Quote:
I personally like it here in U.S. I have no problem with paying for a service.

Y'know, you still have to have a job to get that. It's not like anyone who skips into Canada can just say "Oh! I broke my leg, fix me and I won't pay you because Canada's cool like that!" No. You have to have a job that specifically has healthcare on it. Then you get reimbursed.
Sonofvendettazchild
OLD SK00L KREW 4 LIFE

Ballkicks: (+19 / -34)
Reply 11 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 09:00:37 PM)

No offense to all you Canadians out there but Canada's Government is the US governments bitch
"Gratitude is disease of dogs"
-Josef Stalin
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 12 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 09:04:03 PM)

The title of this thread keeps summoning images of two sumo wrestlers with the Canadian and American flags as their diapers....
But the U.S. is awesome, and it still has potential to become even better. Noting that some things this country does is fallible, but on the whole it's a great place to live.
When I look into your eyes, you help me realign, and show me just how to be myself inside...I'm in control of everything; it's taking time--but that's okay. I can bring you to my side...you're my blessing in disguise--you're mine; you're mine. You're my blessing in disguise; you help me realize just how and where I want to be years from now...
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 13 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 09:15:38 PM)

Quoted from peach:
And Fuck you anyone who said anything about dirty Canadians. I'm surprised Mirthalac said that. You can expect a hearty blow from my Canada box.

Most canadians I've met suck. The only ones I've met that don't suck have lived in the US most their lives. Aside from a few online people who I never got to know well enough to see their true suckage which Im sure was massive. They seem to be cooler online than off.

*Dani rules no matter what I say about lame ass canadians.* I can see this MSN bitch-out a mile away.
"most deffently" - Spazz
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 14 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 09:23:40 PM)

Quote:
Most canadians I've met suck. The only ones I've met that don't suck have lived in the US most their lives. Aside from a few online people who I never got to know well enough to see their true suckage which Im sure was massive. They seem to be cooler online than off.

I remember when you actually made amusing and intelligent comments.

If the crap like this I've seen is any indication, I was obviously sadly mistaken in my judgements.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
"Fight the war, fuck the norm. Now I got no patience;So sick of complacence. With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E. Mind of a revolutionary, so clear the lane" - RATM
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 15 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 09:25:16 PM)

It's funny how Smokey just passed judgement on a few million people based on the select few he was conversed with. Ridiculous, really.
"If stupidity was a bannable offense there would be no forum populace." -PR
"Some bitch told me that video games were violent. So then I pressed 3, got out my shotgun, and blew her fucking head off." -Ztolk
"Experience has taught me that if she's a woman, she needs a beating." -Baggy_Brad
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Reply 16 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 09:29:03 PM)

Says all the Canadians. C'mon, we've made sweeping comments about Americans a thousand times.
Smokey: A girl who doesn't like the taste of sperm aint no kind of girl at all *nods*
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 17 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 09:53:02 PM)

personally, i find both canadians and americans to be just as diverse and strange.

so, if someone was canadian, i wouldn't think of anything about it, because i don't really care. my english teacher was canadian, she was a bitch, but still, so were all my other american teachers. it pisses me off that people let one person from an entire group to represent an entire country.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 18 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 10:06:33 PM)

i lived with a canadian chick once... man! those canadians...
" there is a reason they call it dope, because u are a dope if u smoke it you are a dope, and you smell" -- 'Jimmy'

"kept said no, if stubborn then u may report to adult" -- 'Sappy'

"DRUGS R BAD U SHOUN'T DO THEM ONE DAY MY BEST FRIEND ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO GO DRINK ALCHOL I SAID NO THAT CAN SCREW UP YOUR LIFE AND AFTER THAT ME NEVER DID ANY THING WITH EACH OTHER THAT SUCKED WE WERE GREAT BUDS." -- 'SHEL'

"why do you think drugs are cool if it mite get you pragnet or get you killd it is esyr gest to not smoke or do drugs because it is gest a waist of your money and time that you coughd be hanging out with your freinds." -- 'ya so'

"when they ask, "You wanna hit?" Just say "Ya I wanna hit you because your so stupid for doing that." -- 'AJ'
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 19 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 10:07:37 PM)

Quoted from Tartarus:
It's funny how Smokey just passed judgement on a few million people based on the select few he was conversed with. Ridiculous, really.

Yeah, I knew I'd get heat for that.

But whatever, fuck em, Canada sucks and Dani's a whore. Go Celtics!
"most deffently" - Spazz
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Reply 20 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 10:11:17 PM)

Smokey grew up in New York, nuff said.
Smokey: A girl who doesn't like the taste of sperm aint no kind of girl at all *nods*
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 21 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 10:14:39 PM)

who remembers the part in the rules about needless flaming? k thanks.
" there is a reason they call it dope, because u are a dope if u smoke it you are a dope, and you smell" -- 'Jimmy'

"kept said no, if stubborn then u may report to adult" -- 'Sappy'

"DRUGS R BAD U SHOUN'T DO THEM ONE DAY MY BEST FRIEND ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO GO DRINK ALCHOL I SAID NO THAT CAN SCREW UP YOUR LIFE AND AFTER THAT ME NEVER DID ANY THING WITH EACH OTHER THAT SUCKED WE WERE GREAT BUDS." -- 'SHEL'

"why do you think drugs are cool if it mite get you pragnet or get you killd it is esyr gest to not smoke or do drugs because it is gest a waist of your money and time that you coughd be hanging out with your freinds." -- 'ya so'

"when they ask, "You wanna hit?" Just say "Ya I wanna hit you because your so stupid for doing that." -- 'AJ'
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 22 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 10:21:10 PM)

Quoted from peach:
Smokey grew up in New York, nuff said.

I love you.

It's true that most canadians I've met bore me. However that's just my experience and there you go. I don't hate canadians but It's really not my type of place. Also it's true that most of the canadians I've met online turned out to be cooler than the ones I've met in RL. So I mean hey, that's what I've seen.

Dani says:
It's not even a big deal.
Dani says:
The Americans I knew in Canada were pretty much all assholes.
Dani says:
That's like 95%
Smokey says:
yeah well all americans are assholes you guys are right about that much
Dani says:
But I lived by an air force base, so there were always americans there, but they were also in the military, so they were just arrogant pricks because of that, not because they were american
Smokey says:
no, really, we're all pricks

Quoted from Stormraider:
If the crap like this I've seen is any indication, I was obviously sadly mistaken in my judgements.

I don't know if it's any indication or not and I don't give a shit about your judgements.
"most deffently" - Spazz
Magus

Benze and I should have a sad-off

Ballkicks: (+77 / -47)
Reply 23 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 10:32:58 PM)

California is basically an improved Canada with more warmth. Fellow Californians I know generally hate Bush's policies, and the state is probably the most anit-Bush in the nation.

So, even though I've only seen Vancouver, Canada's nice. But, I really don't know which to vote for; the US could be much better if we had a good president, like some politician whose name escapes me who is a major candidate for the Democtatic ticket; he wants to try and adopt a health care plan similar to Canada's plan, and he wants to get rid of Bush's tax cuts for the rich to fund this. Not only that, but I heard he's also pushing for better education... unless, of course, Lieberman is already doing such a thing.
I'm busy with school all the time now...
peach
I get enamoured

Just call me "Mom"

Reply 24 of 65 (Originally posted on: 05-13-03 10:45:01 PM)

Quoted from Magus:
California is basically an improved Canada with more warmth.

Canada is not just a government/economic system.

Why would someone assume that it being cold here is a bad thing? Without the cold we wouldn't have such great resorts for skiing and snowboarding. We wouldn't have the adapted animals that we have, and we wouldn't have the vegetation that strives on our climate. Just because somewhere is warmer doesn't make it superior.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3372 | Total Posts: 65 ]