Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > On Hatred -or- My real "problem" with INTL -or- Help? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1530 | Total Posts: 35 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-03-03 02:07:14 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

It's doesn't need to be stated that forum culture has, in the past half year, has largely inverted itsself. Anyone who has been around can tell you that. Instead of being a no-man's land, and being a place where only the fittest survive, it is a huge, comforting, love fest reminiscient of female empowerment groups.

Now, don't get me wrong. This is easily a zenith of inter forummer relationships that any of us have seen, even, I'll wager, Sunny or Phil. But the point is, nothing can stem from it. If everyone loves each other, nothing gets done. And if hate is concentrated, we drive away the only people we have to hate. The monster is hungry.

It used to be that if you indulged yourself personally, you would get your ass chewed up in a dazzling fashion. It was horrible and one-sided. But then we had Dani come along, and since she was such a vibrant, charismatic person (and to some, an incredibly good friend), it became alright to be yourself. Now, this isn't a way to attack her. In fact, it's awesome for her, because very few have the ability to change whole forums. But she let us all become ourselves, and being a person was acceptable finally. I fucked up by questioning that (rather stupidly and eradically), and that will stain me until the day I log off for that final time.

I don't know when we started making the shift to a 'Make Love not War' forum, but I'll bet there was a happy medium phase we had. Now it's gone, and the love is sickening. Not as much as the hatred, but close. Fuck, you can't even insult somebody without having to type "lol" or ";-)" after it.

Quoted from Joel:
you and your being obcessed with everyone not hating each other.

My problem was that I took most of the insults and accusations to heart. I was thirteen, and I barely am not anymore. But like Sunshine said, you most enjoy the environment you grew up in. And now that's all pretty much gone. If I'm bitter, that's why. There's no more wit, there's no more jabs. I used to think people were being serious when they insulted me; now I see it's just playful. A little too intense at times, maybe, but playful.

All I think is that the balance needs restoring. I don't want this to be a hate fest. But on the same token, I don't want it to be a love fest, either. The community and how it's gotten closer is incredible and it's something we'll all remember. However, I still think we need to let that bitter part of ourselves out regularly. Not to truly attack who someone is, just to give this place some more substance. It's going to suck being insulted; I went through well over a year of it, I would know, but if we don't do it, then huge things are going to happen that will affect everyone.

-Tyr
Moribus antiquis res stat Romana virisque[/w]
[w]Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reply 1 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 02:21:16 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

This will take a while to decipher.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 2 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 02:22:56 PM)

Damn you, Izzy.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 02:25:23 PM)

things have changed, true. it's the evolution of society, a group of people growing, changing. not the people them selves, but the populous as a whole.

I'd like to state that I'm still the same person, I didn't feel any different about posting as 'a person' before the change (about when dani arrived, yes) and that hasn't changed a bit. I've never been afraid to let myself show, and I never will be.

I agree that the funny has been slow, there isn't much witty jabbing anymore. I also agree that there is more niceness then I'd like, but that doesn't mean bringing back the bitterness is going to change that.

I like the flirting, as I like the jabbing. things change, nothing you can do about it except remaining who you are.
Quote:
huge things are going to happen that will affect everyone.
explain these huge things to me, please.
"you're just one of those stray children that wander into a home, start calling everything they see "mommy," and eventually become a member of the family, even though no one knows where you came from. Nevertheless, you're here and you've become a positive contributor to the community." - Sandamnit
Sixten Sparre
pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 4 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 02:26:57 PM)

Bla bla bla....bitching bitching bitching........
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Ballkicks: (+192 / -66)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 5 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 02:33:06 PM)

Look, Tyr, you're probably right about some of the changing, but things are different in that the site owner is getting ready to leave for a while. From my observation, he has been sort of recruiting people to take care of certain aspects in his periods of absence. I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel a sort of internal pressure---stemming wholly from myself---not to engage in the kind of "deep play" you're describing and in which you and I are currently participating in on and off the boards. In fact, I bit back responses because I truly don't want to hurt your feelings, because as you also describe, deep play can go too far.

And that sort of thing goes to affect change, as well.

As for the flirting, well. Guilty.
Marijn: Those final swaying moments,
where time draws its dying breath;

Let us kiss then

Eternity can run its course
in rapture everlasting.

This reply was last edited on 05-03-03 02:48:10 PM by Mojo.
izzy

Reply 6 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 02:43:22 PM)

Well, I was able to decipher the first paragraph, this is what he said, condensed to 40%. The bolded parts are translated peices of text that some of you might not understand.

Instead of being a no-man's land (A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN INSULT ANYONE WITHOUT GETTING SHIT) and being a place where only the fittest survive (IF U = DUMB, U = NOT INTLR), it is a huge, comforting, love fest (PLACE WHERE EVERYONE LOVES) reminiscent (SUGGESTIVE, REDOLENT, EVOCATIVE) of female empowerment (FEMALES CONTROLING INTL) groups.

Now, don't get me wrong. This is easily a zenith of inter forummer relationships that any of us have seen, even, I'll wager, Sunny or Phil. But the point is, nothing can stem from it. If everyone loves each other, nothing gets done. And if hate is concentrated (LIKE THE BOTTOM OF A GLASS OF ORANGE JUICE (ewww!)), we drive away the only people we have to hate (MORONS THAT ARE FUN TO INSULT). The monster (THE MONSTER IS INTL) is hungry (HUNGRY FOR HATE).

It used to be that if you indulged (SPOILED; ACTED LIKE YOURE THE BEST) yourself personally, you would get your ass chewed up (OWNED OR INSULTED) in a dazzling fashion (OWNED WITH STYLE). It was horrible and one-sided. But then we had Dani come along, and since she was such a vibrant, charismatic person (and to some, an incredibly good friend), it became alright to be yourself. Now, this isn't a way to attack her. In fact, it's awesome for her, because very few have the ability to change whole forums. But she let us all become ourselves, and being a person was acceptable finally. I fucked up by questioning that (rather stupidly and eradically), and that will stain me until the day I log off for that final time.

I don't know when we started making the shift to a 'Make Love not War' forum (HE DOESNT KNOW WHEN WE GRADUALLY STARTED TURNING TO A LOVE FORUM), but I'll bet there was a happy medium (WTF?) phase we had (ANOTHER INTL PHASE, LIKE THE PREVIOUS ONES). Now it's gone, and the love is sickening. Not as much as the hatred, but close. Fuck, you can't even insult somebody without having to type "lol" or ";-)" after it (YOU HAVE TO BE NICE OR YOULL COME OUT AS A BAD PERSON).
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 7 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 02:51:47 PM)

Izzy pretty muched summed it up in loud, bolded text.

Quote:
I bit back responses because I truly don't want to hurt your feelings, because as you also describe, deep play can go too far.

So you're saying just do what we do without the ;-)? No, that's not good enough.
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Reply 8 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 03:16:20 PM)

*goes back to original position behind the grassy knoll*

Hey! Whose bright idea was it to put a gift shop back here?

Let us kiss then

in rapture everlasting.

NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 9 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 03:20:21 PM)

yeah, it sure is a crying shame that we dont have a consistant flood of idiots to the forums, and that we've all become friends... or something. i can go around and post the address at all the forums for immature middle schoolers so they can come and bitch about their girl problems and talk about emo music if you think it would help.

[insert age old 'dont let the door hit you in the ass' comment]

also, if anyone ever gets around to handing out and pasting stickers or whatever (ive been paying half assed attention to that thread) im sure we will get more people who suck.
" there is a reason they call it dope, because u are a dope if u smoke it you are a dope, and you smell" -- 'Jimmy'

"kept said no, if stubborn then u may report to adult" -- 'Sappy'

"DRUGS R BAD U SHOUN'T DO THEM ONE DAY MY BEST FRIEND ASKED ME IF I WANTED TO GO DRINK ALCHOL I SAID NO THAT CAN SCREW UP YOUR LIFE AND AFTER THAT ME NEVER DID ANY THING WITH EACH OTHER THAT SUCKED WE WERE GREAT BUDS." -- 'SHEL'

"why do you think drugs are cool if it mite get you pragnet or get you killd it is esyr gest to not smoke or do drugs because it is gest a waist of your money and time that you coughd be hanging out with your freinds." -- 'ya so'

"when they ask, "You wanna hit?" Just say "Ya I wanna hit you because your so stupid for doing that." -- 'AJ'
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 10 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 03:46:20 PM)

Quote:
yeah, it sure is a crying shame that we dont have a consistant flood of idiots to the forums, and that we've all become friends... or something.

Don't patronize me. I already said the friendship was awesome. But you can't insult anyone anymore without it being a "OMG Y DO U HAET ME NOW!? :-( :-("
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Reply 11 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 03:56:15 PM)

Quoted from Tyr:
But you can't insult anyone anymore without it being a "OMG Y DO U HAET ME NOW!? :-( :-("

Tyr, I actually can't believe that you just typed that from the same hands that typed, not twenty hours ago, that you thought it would be best if we avoid each other from now on because I typed that I gave you a fucking Gameboy.

Just how much attention do you need?

Let us kiss then

in rapture everlasting.

Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 12 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 04:10:53 PM)

Quote:
Tyr, I actually can't believe that you just typed that from the same hands that typed, not twenty hours ago, that you thought it would be best if we avoid each other from now on because I typed that I gave you a fucking Gameboy.

Just how much attention do you need?

Izzy, can you please translate this?

And I didn't say from now on, I said for the time being. Christ.

I don't even see how it's the same thing.
izzy

Reply 13 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 04:50:38 PM)

She's basically saying that she's surprised that you said that sarcastic remark after you stating that you two should stop talking to each other after she said that she gave you a gameboy.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 14 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 05:00:35 PM)

But I wasn't being sarcastic. You can't insult someone without them saying "WHY DO U HAET ME!?!?!?" That's the whole thing we're trying to change.
Jota

Just plain sucking in 87.54% of posts

Ballkicks: (+108 / -202)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 15 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 05:39:38 PM)

Even I have not been flamed that much lately. Not counting that thread I have heard about in the mod forum.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 16 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 05:41:14 PM)

My two cents:

When I first started posting here, I was a bit of a bitch, and some people commented on it, and after a few weeks, my bitchiness declined, and people commented on that, too. Perhaps it was because I actually got to know some of you on a more personal level, but I think that the "Make Love Not War" attitude that Tyr was talking about played a big part as well-- especially with the excess of "What Do I Think of You?" threads and other such forummer evaluations.

Extending some courtesy and forming friendships is perfectly fine, but compromising yourself for an opportunity to kiss-ass isn't. I'm probably guilty of the latter.
"Cat, you're an endless source of entertainment, but right now I'm requesting that you shut up." - Marq
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 17 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 06:04:40 PM)

Quote:
Not counting that thread I have heard about in the mod forum.

There is no such thread. That forum is used to administrate and moderate these forums effectively.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 18 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 06:20:31 PM)

Quoted from Jota:
Even I have not been flamed that much lately. Not counting that thread I have heard about in the mod forum.

Hey Jota, over here!!

This Space for Rent

Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 19 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 06:24:25 PM)

The fact that friendships are formed here should allow some insults to be exchanged in jest. It's almost getting too sheltered. A person can't even point out a thread is idiotic without catching shit for it.

*stops herself before she goes into an anecdote about a certain place she knows*
Stolen from Tyr to describe my plight:

I feel inadequate when I see you being very witty. What's your secret? Drugs? Surgery? Purgatory?
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 20 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 11:49:03 PM)

Quoted from Tyr:
But I wasn't being sarcastic. You can't insult someone without them saying "WHY DO U HAET ME!?!?!?" That's the whole thing we're trying to change.

Yes you can. I mean it is a noble cause but seems a little extreme. I haven't been here long, but I can understand your point. I'm not saying that the "WHY DO U HAET ME!?!?!?" thing doesn't happen because I've seen it, just not so often, and it's normally followed up by several comical posts giving different reasons. I know my eyes have only seen the post Dani/love INTL but I've never saw it as a utopia for the politically correct or anything of the like. Still, the change you speak of I have no problem with, I even encourage it (as little as that is worth) but I think trying to force this change will go over like a turd in a punch bowl.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 21 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-03-03 11:52:36 PM)

Since when was the law passed that you can't insult your friends?
The REAL Brad, according to the people:
"Nad rhymes with Brad....And they're both the same thing...hahahahahahaha!!" - Sarah | "UR A BIG FAG BRAD" - FA
"i don't think brad has a womb.." - Izzy | "yeah but you're BRAD. so ... yeah" - Mingan | "Brad, my hatred for you grows with each day" - Vervet
"i dont gte it but ithink it isnt vry nice ." - Si Nep | "Brad, your life must be a sad existance." - Stormraider
"You make me want to be a better man." - Danielle | "I'm not sure which Brad you are from KoRT, seriously. You ARE from KoRT, right?" - Soccy
"Liar." - Melanie | "you are filthy with disease." - The Winged Cock |"WHO ARE YOU?! STOP STALKING ME!!!" - Zuri
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reply 22 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-04-03 01:16:18 AM)

IF YOU WANT TO HATE ON SOMEONE, HATE ON ME, BECAUSE I DON'T FUCKING CARE WHAT YOU THINK AS LONG AS YOU'RE LAUGHING, ASSHAT.
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 23 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-04-03 08:23:50 AM)

Quoted from mirthalac:
IF YOU WANT TO HATE ON SOMEONE, HATE ON ME, BECAUSE I DON'T FUCKING CARE WHAT YOU THINK AS LONG AS YOU'RE LAUGHING, ASSHAT.

your insult formula is truely brilliant. I find myself using it often.
The true meaning of Alvistime is drinkin'. Drinkin' and revenge. Now drink with me deeply of the burbon scotch and rye until which time as we are fighting drunk. Then we shall find and beat the asses of the non-believers.

Why can't we not be sober? Just want to start this over. Why can't we drink forever? I just want to start this over.
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reply 24 of 35 (Originally posted on: 05-04-03 12:26:13 PM)

Arnok, i know it's brilliant. keep using it as frequently as you like, but if you share the formula with someone, please be sure to give me credit for it. i'm a serial-killer :)
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1530 | Total Posts: 35 ]