Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Attention Deficit Disorder (A.D.D.) > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 4302 | Total Posts: 46 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
(Originally posted on: 04-11-03 10:36:17 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Does anyone here other than me have A.D.D.? If anyone hasn't heard of this before, this is a physical condition in the brain carried by 1/20 of the world that makes it harder to concentrate and makes it easier to get side-tracked.

So what do people take for this and how does it affect your lives? I sometimes take ritilain if I have an exam or a lot of work to catch up on. I don't take it a lot though as it makes me lose my appetite and sometimes makes me irritable. When I don't take it though, I get nothing done usually.
Marijuana is living proof that big things do come in small packages.

Drink water from your own cistern, flowing water from your own well. (The Book of Proverbs 5:15)
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 11:16:35 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I have ADD, but I don't take meds for it.

I was talking about it to my friend, and I don't pay attention in ANY of my classes. The only one I occasionally pay attention in is AP History, and usually not.

Like, I'll go through the day without hearing a single word one of my teachers have said.
Joanie gave me Noel to hold while she ate her eggs. What an ungainly package: incessant squirming, foul discharges from every orifice, and you have to hold up his drooping head or it will fall right off. They should pass these things around in high-school health class, if they really want to scare kids into using protection.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 2 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 11:37:08 AM)

My friend who used to live with me has A.D.D. If, or maybe it was it's hyperactive cousin, but he was God-Awful annoying if he didn't take his medicine. I think he had something else wrong with him, too. Maybe all the drugs in his system, but he would never stay on task or remember anything. In short, I don't have it, but I know what it's like living with someone who does.

I'm not saying either or you are that bad, because I doubt your complete idiots, but this kid *shudder*....
This Space for Rent

Melanie
Banned for having ideals.

I boned Sandamnit

Ballkicks: (+43 / -6)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 3 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 01:19:24 PM)

My brother has A.D.H.D. (just throw some hyperactivity into the usual A.D.D.) and O.D.D. (Oppositional Defiance Disorder). And on top of all that he's an asshole. Well he was all his life up until recently, anyway. He's changed as of late, but god, he was a fucking demon most of his life.
crazy is all right.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reply 4 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 01:30:11 PM)

I have ADHD. While I don't doubt that is a valid chemical imabalance in the brain, I also think that it is extremely over diagnosed, like depression. Many kids that get "diagnosed" with it, are in fact not afflicted with it, but merely being normal for a kid, in my opinion. I have extensive experience with this subject and I think that it's all about money, just like every fucking thing else in the USA.
"The bite of conscience, like the bite of a dog into stone, is a stupidity."
Spazz
The DA: Dumbledore's Army
Didn't donate $500 dollars to INTL!

got way too much shit when she was here

Ballkicks: (+141 / -122)
Reply 5 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 01:34:54 PM)

Quoted from greenidentity:
I have ADHD. While I don't doubt that is a valid chemical imabalance in the brain, I also think that it is extremely over diagnosed, like depression. Many kids that get "diagnosed" with it, are in fact not afflicted with it, but merely being normal for a kid, in my opinion. I have extensive experience with this subject and I think that it's all about money, just like every fucking thing else in the USA.
I am in the same bote as Katii here. Cept they at first said it was A.D.D. That fucked my middle school grades over quite well.
Now you will receive us. We do not ask for your poor or your hungry. We do not want your tired and sick. It is your corrupt we claim. It is your evil that will be saught by us. With every breath we shall hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill, do not rape, to not steal. These are principles, which every man of every faith can embrace. These are not polite suggestions, these are codes of behavior and those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost. There are varying degrees of evil. We urge you lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over into true corruption, into our domain. But if you do you, one day you will look behind you and you will see we three, and on that day, you will reap it. And we will send you to whatever god you wish.
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 6 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 04:22:46 PM)

mel, what the hell is O.D.D.? i mean, seriously, "defiance disorder"? sounds like being a teenager to me.
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Reply 7 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 04:45:39 PM)

I was diagnosed at the age of 8, and at the time it was mostly because of the hyperactivity (I had A.D.H.D. as a child). Apparently I sat still once I started to take the ritilain. Ever since I've matured, ritilain helps me to concentrate.

Drink water from your own cistern, flowing water from your own well. (The Book of Proverbs 5:15)
Spazz

Reply 8 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 05:45:46 PM)

Quoted from Coca-Cola:
I was diagnosed at the age of 8, and at the time it was mostly because of the hyperactivity (I had A.D.H.D. as a child). Apparently I sat still once I started to take the ritilain. Ever since I've matured, ritilain helps me to concentrate.
I will never go back on the fucking drugs. I hated what they did to me.
Chire

Ballkicks: (+27 / -15)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 9 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 06:08:26 PM)

Quoted from Spazz:
Quoted from Coca-Cola:

i take mine for other reasons (zoloft) and they dont do anything bad to me.
Spazz

Reply 10 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 07:12:02 PM)

Quoted from Chire:
Quoted from Spazz:
Quoted from Coca-Cola:

i take mine for other reasons (zoloft) and they dont do anything bad to me.
DRUGS ARE BAD!
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 11 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 08:33:00 PM)

I've never been diagnosed with it, but I wouldn't be surprised if I had it.
It is said the Devil has all the best tunes.
This is broadly true. But Heaven has the best choreographers.

Witty Tirade (9:57:12 PM): Where I come from, the South, we have a thing called honour.
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:41 PM): Does it involve lynching niggers?
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:58 PM): Because that's all you southern folk can do right
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

And I tip my hat to YOU, Swiss.

Ballkicks: (+205 / -13)
Reply 12 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 08:35:10 PM)

Attention defecit? I could never have that.

(I know what ADD is...)
"Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven." - Milton
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reply 13 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 11:03:54 PM)

Funny how they say you "grow out of" ADHD. Like, maybe in the first place you were just going through shit that NORMAL kids go through, but they have to slap a label on it and make it a big deal to make $$. I have "matured" out of my "ADHD" but I still ge tthe drugs. They fuck me up, so I take them for enjoyment and nothing else. Thank you doctors and pharmeceutical companies!!!
"The bite of conscience, like the bite of a dog into stone, is a stupidity."
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 14 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-11-03 11:45:56 PM)

Quoted from greenidentity:
I have "matured" out of my "ADHD" but I still ge tthe drugs. They fuck me up, so I take them for enjoyment and nothing else. Thank you doctors and pharmeceutical companies!!!

god bless them, every one.
when i turned 14 i started to smoke pot and i thought it fixed all my problums well it ended up kicking me out of three schools and since my last offance involved the cops i now have to explain to my mom and dad why they nned to take off work to attend court with me. about the time i was kicked out of a last chance school i had to give up weed and i went crazy and i tried to kill myself. so i ask you what problums did pot take care of?

smoking is sooooo stupid why would anyone do it?!?!? i mean the only thing it does to u is ruin your life!!!! So remember kids... "What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right." and remember HUGS NOT DRUGS!!!!!
Melanie
Banned for having ideals.

I boned Sandamnit

Ballkicks: (+43 / -6)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 15 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-12-03 01:34:45 AM)

Quoted from mirthalac:
mel, what the hell is O.D.D.? i mean, seriously, "defiance disorder"? sounds like being a teenager to me.
It's pretty much where you don't do something even though you want to, just do defy someone or something. I don't know if that made sense. Let me think of some examples.

Say he's in one of his "off" moods and my family is going out to eat. No matter how much he wants to go with us, he will say no and be angry with himself.

It was more obvious when he was little, and there are definitely more extreme examples of this behavior with my brother, but I can't think of any right now.

My mom can put it better:

"Extreme defiance toward a person of authority, especially their guardians. They will defy to no end, even if it's not in their best interests." And she also adds that it's not anything to do with being a teenager, my brother showed these signs as soon as he was old enough to show attitude.
crazy is all right.
PopRocks

I can buck my hips and suck neck while pinned under 250 lbs of man; I had him do me doggy style so we could both watch "When Harry Met Sally"

Ballkicks: (+233 / -15)
Reply 16 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-12-03 06:43:17 AM)

my little brother's 11 and he's had a.d.h.d. his whole life. it is not a normal kid behavior. it may have been overdiagnosed at times, but my brother's is very severe. it doesn't help that he's dyslexic and his developemeent is 2 years slow anyway either. he's the sweetest little boy in the world, but he's always had all this energy (he gets up by at least 7am every morning) and had a really hard time directing it at anything, and because of his learning disability he would always get extremely frustrated. he can't take ritalin because it is a stimulant and he has a "tick" (he blinks a lot, and is nervous) and the ritalin would probably make that worse. the medication he is on now is amazing, he's much calmer, and is finally able to challenge some of that energy into sports and math and art and video games. i think medication is an extremely good thing, for people who need it. if i have a.d.d., it is acute, and at this stage in my life i've developed enough coping mechanisms to sorta get by. i was never hyperactive as a kid, and i was always quiet and eager to please around adults, so nobody questioned my inability to do work or sit still for any extended period of time until high school, and i'm not gonna pay somebody to test me and then tell me it's too late for medication to help much (as it might even counter-act the coping mechanisms), but after my first year of college i'm starting to seriously consider looking into it.
"we all drink from the same cup."
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Reply 17 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-12-03 10:46:09 AM)

Quoted from PopRocks:
he can't take ritalin because it is a stimulant and he has a "tick" (he blinks a lot, and is nervous) and the ritalin would probably make that worse.

I'll have nervous ticks like that from time to time, and when I'm on the ritilain it will get worse and I will get frustrated easier. Sometimes if I have a lot of work to do, it will also cause enormous amounts of sexual tension (of course masturbation feels really good at this point, but the problem is that I will also be obsessed over sex at this time).
Quoted from PopRocks:
and i'm not gonna pay somebody to test me and then tell me it's too late for medication to help much

In my opinion, it's never too late to be diagnosed. This isn't just something that childen have, it lasts for a lifetime.

ExtraKryspi
I WHINE ABOUT ASININE SHIT
i like your style kryspi

Ballkicks: (+117 / -63)
Reply 18 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-12-03 11:10:44 AM)

I was misdiagnosed with ADHD.

I don't have chemical imbalances; I'm just fucking crazy.
e io etterna duro
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reply 19 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-12-03 11:59:56 AM)

Holy shit.

Doesn't anyone else like ExtraKrypsi as much as I do?
Moribus antiquis res stat Romana virisque[/w]
[w]Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Yogi
INTL Premium Member
The Hero of Canton

check out my color filters

Ballkicks: (+129 / -58)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 20 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-12-03 02:32:54 PM)

I do not have American Dream Denial
[size=9]Guns don't kill people. Americans kill people[/size]
rofflemayo

Ballkicks: (+2 / -3)
Reply 21 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-12-03 04:18:41 PM)

I supposedly have ADD, then I refused to stop going to the psyciatrist after he repeatdly tried to perscribe them for me.

I wasnt about to let my mom waste her money on some crackpot who doesnt know what the hell he's talking about AND some pills which would change my normal flow of life.

...but I still dont understand how they think that I, someone who can sit in front of a game for hours on end, has ADD. Hmm..
OMGOMGOMG ROFLMAO!!1111one
the winged cock
they don't! thank god

Ballkicks: (+82 / -54)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 22 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-13-03 09:48:12 PM)

I don't have any of that shit...

Its kind of weird how many of you have A.D.D. I have only met one person in my entire life with it.
The Winged Cock
Sunbathing on the shores of a nightmare
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Reply 23 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-13-03 11:41:58 PM)

Quoted from the winged cock:
I don't have any of that shit...

Its kind of weird how many of you have A.D.D. I have only met one person in my entire life with it.

Chances are statistically that 1/20 people you know have A.D.D., it's just not that obvious and not everyone is diagnosed.

Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 24 of 46 (Originally posted on: 04-13-03 11:50:44 PM)

Quoted from Tyr:
Holy shit.

Doesn't anyone else like ExtraKrypsi as much as I do?

Yes. He's my favorite (online) cousin. The craziness he speaks of runs in the family.
It is said the Devil has all the best tunes.
This is broadly true. But Heaven has the best choreographers.

Witty Tirade (9:57:12 PM): Where I come from, the South, we have a thing called honour.
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:41 PM): Does it involve lynching niggers?
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:58 PM): Because that's all you southern folk can do right
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4302 | Total Posts: 46 ]