Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Threatening Suicide. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3924 | Total Posts: 43 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Actions Menu: | Lock | Unlock | Sticky | Unsticky | Hide | Unhide | Delete Thread

Ballkicks: (+0 / -0)
Reg. Date: Dec 1969
(Originally posted on: 04-06-03 06:59:52 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I am putting this in RS since there are more people in here and I want help now, however, please treat it as a serious topic and it can be moved to ID after I have resolved the issue.

My female friend is one of those girls who thinks they are the hottest thing since sliced bread. She considers herself to be really hot, and perfect etc.

Today I took her down a notch or two because she was being really bitchy to me so I sent her the comments you people made in the RATE MY FEMALE FRIEND and now she wrote a lot of really horrible poetry and basically told me at the end goodbye and that she was killing herself.
I tried contacting her to no avail, Daniel is gone to the person in charge at her building to tell her so it is being resolved that way.

I feel so horrible and I don't know what to do. It is likely she is bluffing but still, I cannot make myself stop feeling like shit and I don't know what to do.
"well im not gonna type anykore since i dont wantto make aniidot oym msyself" - Nova

Reply 1 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 07:05:20 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I am going to go try and find her. I will be back soon.
Fuck.
Fuck. Fuck.

I hope this is some twisted sick fucking joke.

Bye.
"well im not gonna type anykore since i dont wantto make aniidot oym msyself" - Nova
PopRocks

I can buck my hips and suck neck while pinned under 250 lbs of man; I had him do me doggy style so we could both watch "When Harry Met Sally"

Ballkicks: (+233 / -15)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 2 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 07:06:02 PM)

well i doubt she's actually gonna kill herself over that, but it was still a pretty inappropriate thing to do. i'm thinking, as she is your friend, you actually enjoy hanging out with her because of her personality, so if she lets you speak to her again, explain that when she's bitchy to you, that is the part of her personality you don't enjoy, and that it isn't important to you how hot she is, etc. write a really nice email praising the good aspects of her, the ones that make you actually like her as a person. it'd probly help to apologize too.
"we all drink from the same cup."
This reply was last edited on 04-06-03 07:58:16 PM by PopRocks.

Reply 3 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 07:16:56 PM)

Fecefactory, telling me on AIM that it'd be funny if my friend killed herself, isn't a good idea thanks.

Apparently they found her and she's at choir acting like nothing happened. They will talk to her when she gets back.

Quoted from Her last message:
You have received a message!
I am no longer talking to you, and no longer talking to anyone for the dead do not speak. They can only listen as they lie and decay. So this is our last momment together on earth. dear confused adam, I bid thee adieu

What the hell, this seems like her revenge or some sort of sick joke.
kham
you're a cigarette!

Bedwetter

Ballkicks: (+259 / -51)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 4 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 07:21:00 PM)

Is there something we can do to help?
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 5 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 07:24:39 PM)

Quite frankly, it's not our or your fault that she can't take simple physical critisism that she asked to be given.

I mean, jesus fuck, if you can't take that, what the hell?
I put this in here to fill up space in my forum sig because I am too self-concious to put anyone else's quotes down for fear of retribution and my incredibly low self-esteem, which contributes to me not thinking of any ideas for fear of them and my alias as a forum personality being shunned. I will attempt to write something clever and witty in an attempt to gain recognition in an internet forum full of people I will never meet merely to satisfy my insatiable appetite for being accepted as both a source of quality humor and as a person in general. I accept that I will ultimately fail and leave the forum, only to put my awkward teenage years behind me and grow up to be a loving and responsible father and husband until I turn 38 and am fired from my job, find out my wife is having an affair with a convicted child molester who she helped escape from prison, and I will let my car idle in the garage, slowly filling it with carbon monoxide and freeing me from my hellish prison on earth.

Reply 6 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 07:26:40 PM)

Quoted from Drunk Khan:
Is there something we can do to help?

Probably not. I don't know why I bothered to type it on here. I had no idea what to do. Fuck.

So what should I do?!

Soccy, I know it isn't our fault, but of course I will still be worried when a friend threatens suicide and disappears as the result of my actions.

This reply was last edited on 04-08-03 02:39:33 AM by .
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 07:28:48 PM)

INTERESTING NONETHELESS KILLED NOVA'S GIRLFRIEND! OMFG!
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Reply 8 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 07:29:34 PM)

Quoted from Mr Pixies:
INTERESTING NONETHELESS KILLED NOVA'S GIRLFRIEND! OMFG!

She didn't die, she's not my girlfriend.
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 9 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 07:44:40 PM)

what a flaming idiot. dude, in all honesty, *you* should shoot her for being such a fucking moron. threatening suicide as a means for revenge is not a kosher thing.
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW

Reply 10 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 07:47:29 PM)

Quoted from mirthalac:
what a flaming idiot. dude, in all honesty, *you* should shoot her for being such a fucking moron. threatening suicide as a means for revenge is not a kosher thing.

Agreed. However, I will wait to talk to her to see if it's just a joke or she is honestly upset to that level.

And there's a difference between threatening suicide, and saying goodbye forever to someone, disappearing offline, and then not answering your phone so that it looks as if you've killed yourself.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 11 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 07:54:39 PM)

Tell her she will get no where if she continues to act with such melodrama. Please, give her a taste of reality; we're mere dorks on an mere internet forum. We know nothing about who she is, or what she looks like when she isn't posing for a picture. If she kills herself over something as stupid as this, then some of the things we thought were true. The fact that she's doing this, even if it's a "sick joke", justifies some of the things said about her personality. That was inappropriate, sorry. Have someone talk sense into the girl; if you can't, have someone else do it for you.

Side note: most people who threaten suicide do it for attention. Thus, they have to live to RECEIVE this attention. She'll most likely never kill herself. I've been through a few suicide situations before. They're random and catch you by surprise. She's wallowing, so let her wallow until the whole "boo hoo" cycle is complete.
It is said the Devil has all the best tunes.
This is broadly true. But Heaven has the best choreographers.

Witty Tirade (9:57:12 PM): Where I come from, the South, we have a thing called honour.
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:41 PM): Does it involve lynching niggers?
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:58 PM): Because that's all you southern folk can do right

Reply 12 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 08:03:12 PM)

Quoted from Vervet:
Tell her she will get no where if she continues to act with such melodrama. Please, give her a taste of reality; we're mere dorks on an mere internet forum. We know nothing about who she is, or what she looks like when she isn't posing for a picture. If she kills herself over something as stupid as this, then some of the things we thought were true. The fact that she's doing this, even if it's a "sick joke", justifies some of the things said about her personality. That was inappropriate, sorry. Have someone talk sense into the girl; if you can't, have someone else do it for you.

Question: why did you ask us to rate her picture in the first place? Were there "alternate motives"?

Ok, I will give the full story.
She asked me what she got out of 10, and I said I didn't know since I know her too well. She said she really wants to know so I said I'd make an internet poll on some "random site" I found and she said not to, so I didn't. But then she asked if I had and I said no, (Cause I hadn't) and then she said I should.

So I did, but she thinks of herself as a 9 out of 10, and the results as we all saw were lower, so I lied and said that there wasn't really a poll.

The reason she took it so harshly is she is one of those people who inside have really low self confidence, and she relies on being told she looks good as her only source of confidence. She has that and the fact she is a good singer.

Her parents are the type that push her too hard etc etc, and basically she is just worried wayyyyy too much about what she looks like.

So we are good friends and I've always told her she's good looking, just because I don't want to be the one to snap her out of the fairy tale world she is living. (Even though I do find her to be attractive, but even if that wasn't the case I wouldn't tell her.)

Today she was insulting me so I was insulting her back. She always goes on about how hot she is and how the guys that she goes for are way below her standards.

So I got pissed at her and showed her the results, which I probably shouldn't have since I know how much looking good means to her. I don't understand why really, since I would rather be known as having a good personality than good looking.

But yeah, so Daniel went and got the person in charge of their building and they are going to talk to her when she gets back.
Either way, I am upset.

I would rather just soon forget about it, and make it known to her that I did not appreciate what she did. However, knowing her it will turn into a big deal with lots of people involved.

I can either just say fuck it, and stop being her friend, however I really value her friendship and I don't want that to happen. Plus she has a lot of shit on me, that she could easily tell a lot of people, which she would do since she is like that.

I could just forget about it.
What should I do?

This reply was last edited on 04-08-03 02:38:21 AM by .
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Reply 13 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 08:08:40 PM)

Thanks, Nova. I hope things can be worked out between the two of you. Now that you've told me that stuff, I know she's only doing it for attention. Typical teen depression decision.

Witty Tirade (9:57:12 PM): Where I come from, the South, we have a thing called honour.
Chire

Ballkicks: (+27 / -15)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 14 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 08:11:30 PM)

Quoted from Vervet:

Side note: most people who threaten suicide do it for attention. Thus, they have to live to RECEIVE this attention. She'll most likely never kill herself. I've been through a few suicide situations before. They're random and catch you by surprise. She's wallowing, so let her wallow until the whole "boo hoo" cycle is complete.

I was about to - i guess i wanted attention because i was afraid / ashamed to seek help for myself. I got my help and pills. Im good now... but dont just assume. From experience, its serious a lot.

Reply 15 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 08:12:55 PM)

Quoted from Vervet:
Thanks, Nova. I hope things can be worked out between the two of you. Now that you've told me that stuff, I know she's only doing it for attention. Typical teen depression decision.

I hope they work out as well.

This reply was last edited on 04-08-03 02:36:10 AM by .
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 16 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 08:17:03 PM)

So I'm quite pissed off at this situation. The thought that she was just looking for attention crossed my mind, but you just don't take chances.

I'm pretty uptight now, my stomache is in knots and I can't relax, plus I've lost an hour and a half of study time this evening.

I just hope that her SRA talks to her for a long time about this, and that the story doesn't get twisted around either. If it does, I'll be there to back up Adam.
Marijuana is living proof that big things do come in small packages.

Drink water from your own cistern, flowing water from your own well. (The Book of Proverbs 5:15)
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Reply 17 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 08:25:29 PM)

Quoted from Chire:
Quoted from Vervet:

I was about to - i guess i wanted attention because i was afraid / ashamed to seek help for myself. I got my help and pills. Im good now... but dont just assume. From experience, its serious a lot.

I was serious when I took 50 some pills a few years ago. But I didn't really want to do it. I needed the help, I WANTED the help, but I didn't want to die; I only thought I did. Help is attention too.

Quote:
I'd say it's more in the name of trying to play mind games with me, rather than for attention.

That's understandable. She'll be able to use it for sympathy, though. Just like help, sympathy is attention too. LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!

Calagorm

Dingleberries of Doom

Ballkicks: (+23 / -19)
Reply 18 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 08:37:02 PM)

Is she the type of girl that if someone talked to her or someone arround her that she would give the "Why the fuck are you speaking in my direction"look to?
If i had to choose between wearing mascara or being your friend. I would choose you... and i like mascara ~Dani~

Reply 19 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 08:40:02 PM)

Quoted from Calagorm:
Is she the type of girl that if someone talked to her or someone arround her that she would give the "Why the fuck are you speaking in my direction"look to?

No, not really.

This reply was last edited on 04-08-03 02:34:51 AM by .
Calagorm

Dingleberries of Doom

Ballkicks: (+23 / -19)
Reply 20 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 08:53:08 PM)

Ok heres what were going to do...your going to give me her SN or handle or whatever and im going to talk to her.
She will either be nice or dead by the end of the week.
If i had to choose between wearing mascara or being your friend. I would choose you... and i like mascara ~Dani~

Reply 21 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 09:01:55 PM)

Quoted from Calagorm:
Ok heres what were going to do...your going to give me her SN or handle or whatever and im going to talk to her.
She will either be nice or dead by the end of the week.

Nah it's ok dude, thanks though.

I prefer to keep real life and internet life seperate.

I don't want her knowing about this site and she would question why some random dude she didn't know knew the situation.

Either way, it would probably just cause more problems.
I will just keep her at an arm's length and avoid confrontation with her. Even though I really want to make up with her since I consider her a good friend.

This reply was last edited on 04-08-03 02:35:28 AM by .

Reply 22 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 09:19:07 PM)

Anyways, can this be moved to ID as it is no longer an emergency type situation where I needed people to see it.

Thanks.

EDIT - She is ignoring my ICQ messages of attempted apology. I think she is trying to make me think that over the night there is a chance she might kill herself, even though her SRA is watching her and there is nothing I really can do.

I am assuming she is bluffing but I don't like the looming feeling of not knowing what is happening.

This reply was last edited on 04-06-03 09:24:20 PM by .

Reply 23 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 09:27:58 PM)

Here is the poem she wrote before she said Goodbye.

Quote:
Bitter words my soul has lusted for
I know the truths that burn and tear
Black blood trickles and screams
Little girls with little dreams
the dreams I dreamt of happy days are long since past
here is bitter pain
alone and lost
the woes of anger that sounds of rage
my make thee laugh for your heart is cold and bear
I say adieu to you adam
for I tried and have found my match in words
words perhaps I know are true
so I'll take this ugly shell of mine whose soul is lost and dead
and I will seek solitude for I am meek and bruised
I have no pity
I remember truths of past ago
a skeleton was I, I was pure and innocent
and shall be again
I no nothing of love and nothing of trust for I have been told only lies
I ask nothing of you and I give nothing to you
ecept the words of a lost heart that shall beat it's last in words of sorrow

And her MSN Auto-away message is set on:
Quote:
To be an angel, with wings pure and white
To be able to soar to unknown heights
To live in a paradise

Fuck, I am worried still.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 24 of 43 (Originally posted on: 04-06-03 09:39:47 PM)

if she kills herself because someone said she isnt queen shit of fuck mountain you wont see any tears from me.
when i turned 14 i started to smoke pot and i thought it fixed all my problums well it ended up kicking me out of three schools and since my last offance involved the cops i now have to explain to my mom and dad why they nned to take off work to attend court with me. about the time i was kicked out of a last chance school i had to give up weed and i went crazy and i tried to kill myself. so i ask you what problums did pot take care of?

smoking is sooooo stupid why would anyone do it?!?!? i mean the only thing it does to u is ruin your life!!!! So remember kids... "What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right." and remember HUGS NOT DRUGS!!!!!
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3924 | Total Posts: 43 ]