Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Should I? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1321 | Total Posts: 19 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Spazz
The DA: Dumbledore's Army
Didn't donate $500 dollars to INTL!

got way too much shit when she was here

Ballkicks: (+141 / -122)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
(Originally posted on: 02-23-03 12:26:50 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I am finishing up this class at MATC and I will prolly pass it with a B. I was thinking of re-applying at Edgewood and try to become a writer or play wright. What do you guys think?

Oh and before you even comment on the bad spelling I must tell you I am NNY420/Xanadu. It has been said and done that I suck at spelling.
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teaming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
Defunkt

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+23 / -6)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 1 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 12:36:05 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I don't really know you, but why would you ever want to be a writer if you spell bad and know it? Especially when you don't care enough about your poor spelling to get a browser based spell checker or anything...

[edit] Yeah it looks like I'm trying to make fun of you here, but I'm not. I just am wondering why you would want to be a writer if you obviously lack a passion for the written language. [/edit]
"Some people just need killing." - Solid Snake
http://www.uselessstatic.com
Spazz

Reply 2 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 12:38:30 AM)

Quoted from Defunkt:
I don't really know you, but why would you ever want to be a writer if you spell bad and know it? Especially when you don't care enough about your poor spelling to get a browser based spell checker or anything...
I like writing out stories. Making things up. Yeah I spell bad but I realy just love making up stories and putting them on paper for others to read. This goes back to my thread about content v Spelling and grammer.
And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee. Power hath decended forth from thy hand so our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. And we shall flow a river forth to thee and teaming with souls shall it ever be. E Nomini Patri, E fili, E Spiritu Sancti.
the winged cock
they don't! thank god

Ballkicks: (+82 / -54)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 3 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 03:05:27 AM)

you definitely should

the more literature the better
The Winged Cock
"Grabs hold and won't let go. It's brilliant!"
Spazz

Reply 4 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 10:46:26 AM)

yeah I was talking to a old english teacher of mine and he told me that I should go for it. I am passing this course so I will have somthing to fall back on if it dosn't work out. I jsut don't know. I might put a couple of my shot, short stories here and see what you guys think.
Stoffel
stoffel sucks; 3ms owns + is returning for round 2 lightening round bioch

Ballkicks: (+126 / -74)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 5 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 11:12:30 AM)

You should write sex stories. Incest sex stories, about mother and daughter. That would be fucking cool. I would buy your books.
*smacks stoffel's ass*- Melanie
Spazz

Reply 6 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 11:26:31 AM)

I have written a few "romance" stories butI like mystery and sci fi alot better. The "romance" stories just end up me writing out parts of my life but changing the names.
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Ballkicks: (+192 / -66)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 7 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 01:22:33 PM)

You're never going to believe this, but yes, I think you should. Grammar and spelling can be learned, along with clarity and communication. You've got raw talent, but in order to convey your stories, you'll need some work.

I am wholeheartedly in favor of your taking as many classes as you need to meld your love for storytelling with the skills it will take you to engage your readers.

100% serious,
Mojo
"Give me the luxuries of life and I can do without some of the necessities."
-Evelyn Waugh

MBS

Ballkicks: (+130 / -100)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 8 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 01:35:59 PM)

Spazz I recommend that you do something that you like.
Defunkt

LBH was here.

Reply 9 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 02:22:33 PM)

"I write erotic sex stories for children. They're wildly unpopular."

That is all.
"Way to fail, man. Way to fail." - Tyr
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 10 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 02:39:45 PM)

Do you have to have a degree to write stories?
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 11 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 03:11:32 PM)

Quote:
I was thinking of re-applying at Edgewood and try to become a writer or play wright. What do you guys think?

Go for it. Your spelling and grammar has improved dramatically since you started going here, and that's only a month or so.

Do what you'll be happy doing.
There was only one road back to L.A. US Interstate 15, just a flat-out high speed burn through Baker and Barstow and Berdoo, then on to the Hollywood Freeway straight into frantic oblivion: safety, obscurity. Just another freak in the Freak Kingdom. We'd gone in search of the American Dream. It had been a lame fuck around, a waste of time. My heart was filled with joy. I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger: a man on the move, and just sick enough to be totally confident.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reply 12 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 04:06:09 PM)

Go for it. Grammar and spelling can be learned in school; the quality and creativity of one's writing cannot. Plus, that's why we have spell-check and editors-- to help us correct insignificant writing mistakes.
Mike: Where's my cup?
Charlie: I threw it away.
Mike: Which way?
Spazz

Reply 13 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-23-03 05:52:56 PM)

thanks all. Yeah i guess I will. If I need help tho you are the ones I will be coming to. Say I actually get writers block or somthing. lol. I might just come to you all for sugestions and shit on how the story is coming along.
blacksun

dooooooooood I'm like soooooo high

Ballkicks: (+74 / -90)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 14 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-24-03 05:39:44 PM)

Quoted from Defunkt:

That is all.

I've heard that somewhere before, but I don't know where. TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
blaming guns for mass shootings is like blaming spoons food for rosie o'donell being fat.
Defunkt

LBH was here.

Reply 15 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-25-03 09:34:59 PM)

Quoted from blacksun:
Quoted from Defunkt:

That is all.

I've heard that somewhere before, but I don't know where. TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
It was on Friends.

I like that show. Don't make fun of me. Please.
"I am a "special" kid." - Spazz
"Way to fail, man. Way to fail." - Tyr
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 16 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-25-03 09:49:25 PM)

I don't think you should. Why? Because everyone says that you should. Besides, you'll simply turn this adversity into motivation to succeed. Good luck! (You'll need it)
I'm a Bloody Aussie!

It's not the raping that makes feel guilty, it's the uncomfortable silence afterwards... The Hackey Central Times
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 17 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-25-03 10:02:00 PM)

I don't get you really. You aren't spelling so bad now here, but in other threads you spell so badly it's laughable. Like Mojo said spelling can be learned, but you have to be willing to learn ya know? But you seem to have learned, so why did you spell so horribly before? Or did you already get a browser based spellcheck heh.

I don't know how good of a writer you are but if you have any kind of story telling talent go for it. Spelling wont even matter to much my father is an author of 2 novels and his spelling is just as bad as my little brothers, but he takes the time to spell check constantly knowing that he spells bad, things like that have eleminated the NEED for proper spelling heh. So it shouldn't matter that you arent a great speller. If you are a good writer, that's a different story.
"...and that's the kind of person I am, opinionated and moronic!"
The Whistling Phantom

Ballkicks: (+6 / -2)
Reply 18 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-25-03 10:16:28 PM)

Do what you want, but stay within the bounds of reality. I would definitly not depend on a career as a writer unless some unbiased professionals have said that you show promise.

But there is nothing wrong with minoring in it, or just taking a lot of classes having to do with it and do it as a hobby.
Spazz

Reply 19 of 19 (Originally posted on: 02-26-03 01:28:41 AM)

Alot of the english teachers at my school said that I have talent I even won a contest. I dunno I will try it I can always become a bum on the street. I am good at that..... I think, never tried it before.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1321 | Total Posts: 19 ]