Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Rodents +You = Stories to Tell! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 2730 | Total Posts: 66 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-18-02 05:06:25 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Well, in this rat-infested, shithole of America, there's always at least ONE rodent story to tell, wether it happened to you, your Pa, or your Grandma!

Four off the top of my head:

One time there was a Coke bottle full of radiator water that sat out all winter in our garage, and when we were doing some cleaning we found a dead mouse floating in it. It was pretty neat, considering the size of the mouse in relation to the opening, and all.

And once when I was in our darkroom looking for some photographic paper, I found a dead mouse floating in the humidifier water... semi-decomposed, but mostly still intact... looking at it was pretty neat.

Once (supposedly)a field mouse ran right next to me as I slept. The cat was chasing it all around the house, and, as it was a sweltering summer, I had my door open. As my mom was chasing the cat and therefore the mouse, she saw it.

Once my cat chased a mouse under my computer, and the fucking thing was chewing at the wires... so I almost stuck it with a yardstick, put it in a grocery bag, and flung it into the woods...

You guys have rodent stories, right? Cuz if you don't I'll just feel really bad about living in a rodent-infested rural area.
"That's all war is -the desire to project the penis into other people's affairs. You don't have to be an analyst to see the foreign recognition policy at work. It goes something like this- WHAT!? THEY HAVE BIGGER DICKS!? BOMB THEM!" George Carlin
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 1 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 05:11:39 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

in the house of a friend of mine there used to be mice runnin around. they'd run up the walls, dunno why or how actually, but they did. we made it our hobby to try to smash mice as they were runnin up the wall. to see who could smash a mouse the highest up the wall

when my friend punched a hole through the wall, the landlord forbade us to persue our hobby further though...
I've got: Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 2 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 05:22:58 PM)

Whenever I walk home from my bus stop I always see mangled corpses of rats I peoples laws and driveways. Some without heads, some without legs and some without any organs at all. It lookes like a battlefield of corpses sometimes.

I think that they are killed by foxes and family pets but I am not sure.
The Devonians will prevail over all...and you will be our first example..
dufus

Ballkicks: (+24 / -7)
Reply 3 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 05:52:14 PM)

When I was six there was a dead mouse on the floor I found. That's about it for them.
In class a couple of years ago we had pet rats, too. Then they both died, one from cancer and one because someone threw it off the balcony (14m high, onto concrete). Then we got new ones. And once we had chickens.
Wow.
Gwahir the Windlord

Ballkicks: (+4 / -9)
Reply 4 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 05:55:56 PM)

Hehe... Do I have a lot. Ok, we used to live in this dump of a house with rats. We spread poison for them, that was not supposed to kill them until they drank, thus forcing them to die outside. Well, in the gap between the floor of the kitchen and the roof of the basement, they found water somohow, and died. The smell was horrendous.

But beat this one... My uncle once found a rat in his kitchen(it was the same old house 20 years earlier, he was just staying there also till he found a better one), threw stuff at it, and it took refuge imder the cloths dryer, and would not come out. There was no way for it to escape, though, as the dryer was in a corner of the house. Rather than take apart the dryer and risk getting bit or having it escape while he was screwing, or somthing, he turned on the dryer. Crunch. A thin stream of blood trickeled out from behind it. :p
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 5 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 06:14:27 PM)

My cat kills mice and leaves their disemboweled carcasses all over the house. If I'm lucky, I find them before they start to rot.
The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation, only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+186 / -18)
Reply 6 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 07:51:46 PM)

Hmm... I don't think I've ever found any type of rodent or anything inside my house, so I guess that title is not true in all circumstances.

However, I used to have a cat, and she would often catch and kill mice and we'd find them in our yard sometimes. Not fun.
Look how cool I am!
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 7 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 08:16:44 PM)

One time I was moving a bookcase and found a complete adult mouse skeleton and several baby skeletons. Like, a family died there and I didn't notice. Oddly, it didn't smell.

I ended up sucking them up in the vacuum cleaner.
The position being taken is not to be mistaken for attempted education or righteous accusation, only a description, just an observation of the pitiful condition of our degeneration.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 8 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 08:22:21 PM)

That's a pretty impressive vaccumn cleaner... I don't think mine could do that. In fact I know that it couldn't.
Look how cool I am!
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 9 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 08:22:30 PM)

Oh... you should have sent a picture to the INQUIRER and subtitled it "SUPER-INTELLEGENT MICE THAT READ" or something.
"That's all war is -the desire to project the penis into other people's affairs. You don't have to be an analyst to see the foreign recognition policy at work. It goes something like this- WHAT!? THEY HAVE BIGGER DICKS!? BOMB THEM!" George Carlin
dufus

Reply 10 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 08:34:09 PM)

Read to DEATH. That sounds better. Death makes anything better.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 11 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 08:36:23 PM)

Wow. But death is so unfortunate, you asshole, you.

Damn you dufus, the terminology "lesbian shit" is bothering me.
dufus

Reply 12 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 08:42:59 PM)

Just holding the record, shit lesbian asshole.
But it's mouse death... caused by reading. They were smart enough to read, and smart enough to die... you could say, they were too smart for their own good.
Kyrie
INTL Alumni
No more blue tomorrows.

Eleison

Ballkicks: (+79 / -9)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 13 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 08:48:59 PM)

I was at my friend's house a while back sitting on a grubby old couch in his basement. His sister was beside me, and she just suddenly jumped up and screamed (causing me to jump up too, wondering what exactly was up). Apparently she'd just seen a mouse crawl into a hole in the couch beside her. It was a bit unsettling.

We're not a big mouse or rat area here, but there's a lot of squirrels.
« souviens-toi que le temps est un joueur avide
qui gagne sans tricher, à tout coup ! c'est la loi. »
-- charles baudelaire (spleen et idéal, LXXXV)
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 14 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 08:49:18 PM)

I hate rats
The Devonians will prevail over all...and you will be our first example..
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 15 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 08:59:49 PM)

Squirrels are the fucking bane of society. They should all be killed in some sort of genocide campaign.
dufus

Reply 16 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 09:04:16 PM)

My mother's horribly scared by squirrels. Once, when we were eating in some park near Baker St, there were hundreds of them clustering around. One jumped onto the back of the seat and she jumped up so fast... I can't think of a good simile, just imagine really fast.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 17 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 09:06:56 PM)

What kind of productive things have squirrels ever done? EVER? All they do is eat nuts and climb trees.
Look how cool I am!
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 18 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 09:09:41 PM)

Climbing trees is very productive.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 19 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 09:12:21 PM)

You lie very badly.
Look how cool I am!
dufus

Reply 20 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 09:12:56 PM)

If you run out of food in the winter you can go steal their nut store. That's productive.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 21 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 09:16:52 PM)

They don't even defecate, so as to my knowledge.

I mean, tell ME when you've seen squirrel shit.
dufus

Reply 22 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 09:29:55 PM)

12:16 GMT 26 September 1999. There you go.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 23 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 09:52:02 PM)

I think you're probably lying in a clever attempt to drive me mad.
dufus

Reply 24 of 66 (Originally posted on: 05-18-02 09:57:36 PM)

Well, should it drive you mad, that'd be an added bonus effect. But if it doesn't, I'm fine with that too. I'm flexible.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2730 | Total Posts: 66 ]