Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Do you care if people you know visit INTL? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1638 | Total Posts: 32 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-10-03 07:54:43 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I referred one of my friends her, I think she might start posting. Now I don't know if this was the best idea. I say somethings here that I don't know if I want people that actually know me to find out. Also seeing as how you all make fun of me and my name, I think they might start taking these things in to real life. I don't mind being the Resident Poop Expert (possible costume title) on here, but I don't know if that's how I want to known in real life.

So my question to you is, are you worried that someone you know might find INTL and figure out that it is you?
"Yeah and if your sister is your aunt and your mother marries your uncle, you'd be your own grandpa!"
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-10-03 07:57:31 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

unless i invite someone here then i either have reservations about having them here or dont imagine it would be something they would be into.
Some where inside my childhood I missed my heart die
It never stops, when my mama ask me will I change
I tell her yeah but it's clear I'll always be tha same
Until tha end of time
Please Lord forgive me for my life of sin

Ballkicks: (+0 / -0)
Reg. Date: Dec 1969
Reply 2 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-10-03 08:01:05 PM)

This place isn't that bad for it, but the last messageboard I was at I posted way too much information I didn't want people to see. If one of my friends stumbled upon this, I wouldn't worry too much. Although I did talk about some rather gross things such as shitting out blood, I am like that in real life too so I would just laugh it off. Plus my sister comes on here once in a while, (even though she's only ever posted once), so I am careful with what I say.
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 3 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-10-03 08:03:25 PM)

Yea, most of my friends would rank on me for being such a nerd.
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

And I tip my hat to YOU, Swiss.

Ballkicks: (+205 / -13)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 4 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-10-03 08:06:09 PM)

I come here for amusement value. If something amuses me here, I would love for one of my friends to see the amusement.

Sadly no-one I know personally and as a friend really knows about this place. Hmmm...
" You remind me of the babe
What babe?
The babe with the power
What power?
The power of the voodoo
Who do?
You do
Do what?
Remind me of the baby "
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 5 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-10-03 09:07:35 PM)

I don't know if I'd want people I know to also be using this. It's kind of like an alternate dimension, and my friends would suddenly become their evil twins.
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reply 6 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-10-03 09:08:35 PM)

I bring people here all the time.

They usually don't stay around long.
Where can I turn for comfort? Where do the cold days end?
Where has the sunshine gone? Where do our two hearts blend?
Where has love gone and hidden? Where must I go to find?
The more I shun romance, the more love is defined.
Amiodarone
INTL Premium Member

pronounces name 'ileu'

Ballkicks: (+126 / -46)
Reply 7 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-10-03 09:11:02 PM)

Quoted from ME:
Resident Poop Expert (possible costume title)
*coughs awkwardly*
"Yeah and if your sister is your aunt and your mother marries your uncle, you'd be your own grandpa!"
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 8 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-10-03 09:11:04 PM)

I'm Brad, here and in real life. Nothing changes so I have no problems.
I'm a Bloody Aussie!
Equal Second Place: Best Avatar in the Annual Bi-Monthly Stanknogger Memorial Awards

I laugh in the face of humour... The Hackey Central Times
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 9 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 12:21:20 AM)

I don't mind if BC comes here, but I doubt I'd want any of my other friends here. I don't enjoy mixing my different "lives"; there's real life, and online life (which in itself has many different facets).
It is said the Devil has all the best tunes.
This is broadly true. But Heaven has the best choreographers.

Witty Tirade (9:57:12 PM): Where I come from, the South, we have a thing called honour.
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:41 PM): Does it involve lynching niggers?
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:58 PM): Because that's all you southern folk can do right
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

Reply 10 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 06:53:38 AM)

Where's the difference in the way you are online and in 'RL', Verv?

Do you allow sides of your personality to shine through online that you'd not be as willing to expose in 'RL'? I know I'm as frank online as I am in my 'RL', but I'm also just as friendly and harsh when I want to be. If I make friends online, it will be as much as when I make friends with people here.

The only difference being that I can see more people face to face here than I can from the internet. The difference being Ice, who, on his world tour, stopped in Edinburgh for the morn before flying to the US. It was cool to meet someone from the net that I thought I'd never meet. But in a way, it was just the same as though I'd just not seen him for a while. He seemed a really friendly cool bloke when I met him:

http://forums.interestingnonetheless.com/uploaded/swiss/MeandIce.jpg
What babe?
The babe with the power
What power?
The power of the voodoo
Who do?
You do
Do what?
Remind me of the baby "
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 11 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 07:10:17 AM)

a few of my friends know about it and come here every now and again. I don't really care if they think different of me, I doubt they do actually.

also, meeting some of you people is on my to-do list.
I stared in God's eyes. He blinked.

There is not a single shred of evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 12 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 07:18:57 AM)

I wouldn't mind if some people I know come here. I've tried to convince some people to come here.

One guy I know occasionally reads here, but hasn't registered yet.
"If stupidity was a bannable offense there would be no forum populace." -PR
"Some bitch told me that video games were violent. So then I pressed 3, got out my shotgun, and blew her fucking head off." -Ztolk
"Experience has taught me that if she's a woman, she needs a beating." -Baggy_Brad
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reply 13 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 07:54:26 AM)

I wouldn't care even though I share a lot of extraneous personal information. What I type in here reflects who I am in real life so it wouldn't even matter.
"I dated a foreign exchange student in high school. She was attracted to me, and I was attracted to having sex."
Melanie
Banned for having ideals.

I boned Sandamnit

Ballkicks: (+43 / -6)
Reply 14 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 02:29:49 PM)

My ex-boyfriend came by here for a little while, and jimmy made sure that he brought up every bad thing I'd mentioned about him.

What a pal. i'm a serial-killer :)
crazy is all right.
Lovely Insanity

Insane Love

Ballkicks: (+126 / -35)
Reply 15 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 03:15:35 PM)

Quoted from PsychoRabbit:
I bring people here all the time.

They usually don't stay around long.
Same here, but I'm more worried that the people here will make fun of me because of the people I know in real life. I only brought Billy and Jordan here, people I know are cool.
There's no place like home...
dramamine
INTL Premium Member
<b>Eating Pussy Since 1995</b>

Travelling, swallowing,

Ballkicks: (+286 / -39)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
Reply 16 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 03:37:07 PM)

I wouldn't mind if my friends came here. I really don't have to think much about it because none of them use a computer so...

I brought one of my acquaintances here once (my ex-girlfriend's siser who I frequently saw online) and she didn't catch on to the INTL vibe very quickly. It took about 2 hours before she was gone from INTL and sending me shitty emails. I LOVE YOU GUYS!
I got the moves, baby
You got the motion
If we got together, we'd be causing a commotion

OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW
Indiana Posse O' Dykes wannabe
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 17 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 04:06:46 PM)

I would prefer if INTL remained secret.
My girlfriend rocks. She has shortcuts to my favourite sites, cookies that let me post without retyping my password, and she runs all my favourite games.
dramamine
INTL Premium Member
<b>Eating Pussy Since 1995</b>

Travelling, swallowing,

Ballkicks: (+286 / -39)
Reg. Date: Oct 2002
Reply 18 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 04:13:23 PM)

Yeah, we should bring back the Illuminati!
I got the moves, baby
You got the motion
If we got together, we'd be causing a commotion

OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW
Indiana Posse O' Dykes wannabe
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 19 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 04:21:08 PM)

I don't think any of my friends would join....they're not as computer-obsessed as I am.
...whatever. *confused*

We're an emotional sports-bra, us. -PsychoRabbit
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 20 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 04:31:01 PM)

I wouldn't want most of the people I know to come here. I think INTL would scare them.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 21 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-11-03 09:40:21 PM)

Quoted from swiss:
Where's the difference in the way you are online and in 'RL', Verv?

I'm actually the same, personality wise, methinks. The only difference is I'm probably more open online then in RL.
It is said the Devil has all the best tunes.
This is broadly true. But Heaven has the best choreographers.

Witty Tirade (9:57:12 PM): Where I come from, the South, we have a thing called honour.
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:41 PM): Does it involve lynching niggers?
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:58 PM): Because that's all you southern folk can do right
swiss
Alcoholics Anonymous

Reply 22 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-12-03 06:25:11 AM)

Yeah, I think that's about the same.

The only other problem with forums, that Mel and Dramamine brought up, is how your old posts are archived and that if someone you said bad things about on here came on to the board and read the archived posts of yours, then shit would start flying.

In summary, 'RL' doesn't have the same archival system and if someone says something about what you said in 'RL' to another in 'RL' there is no proof in the form of text.

Also, body gestures are something you don't get online, which brings me to your point Verv; about being more open. Perhaps those of us on here who are more open than in 'RL' are in part doing so because we would normally use gestures that we can't impart in a text based phrase.

Alternatively, perhaps the openess is just because we take it more casually here than in 'RL'. Do we? When someone gives bad karma, is that like a metaphorical punch in the face or just a chide?

When we say something as a joke, how can we impart the feeling without adding smilies and "lol's"?

I also talk a lot more in 'RL' than I do online because I usually have many things going on about the same time, such as guitar, music, other browsing, and flat mates. This means that usually I don't spend as much time employed in trying to get across a point like this. I do it in 'RL' though because it takes less time.

There are many differences between 'RL' and online. Perhaps we should consider them when we say we are not that different between each.

(Did I have to go and write a fucking essay on it, though?!?)
What babe?
The babe with the power
What power?
The power of the voodoo
Who do?
You do
Do what?
Remind me of the baby "
Melanie
Banned for having ideals.

I boned Sandamnit

Ballkicks: (+43 / -6)
Reply 23 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-12-03 12:30:10 PM)

Quote:
(Did I have to go and write a fucking essay on it, though?!?)
Hardly.

Swiss, I'd like you to meet Sunshine...
crazy is all right.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 24 of 32 (Originally posted on: 02-12-03 01:40:20 PM)

I prefer if INTL (and all my internet activity, in fact) remains secret. Even if I try to act the same here and in real life, in the end they are entirely different environments and that affects your conduct.
"Mortal men have always had three desires: the first, to live forever; the second, to fly like the birds; the third, to reach their own cocks with their mouths" - a friend.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1638 | Total Posts: 32 ]