Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > why do people...... > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4165 | Total Posts: 61 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Actions Menu: | Lock | Unlock | Sticky | Unsticky | Hide | Unhide | Delete Thread

Ballkicks: (+0 / -0)
Reg. Date: Dec 1969
(Originally posted on: 02-04-03 01:49:53 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Why do people base intellengence on how you write, or, how you word things, or even on what you know for that matter. I have no clue what I am talking about when it comes to math and science, but when it comes to buliding a wall or fixing parts to a car I am great at it. I can do money handeling quicker than alot of people. I was reading at a collage level in 6th grade. I got an above average score on the ACT (24). I don't know how I can not be calasified as smart but I got into a conversation with Joel that sparked this thought. Just because I couldn't spell well and I failed at math and science I was put in special ed. Labled as a dumbass in school. I don't think that that is right.

(If this confuses the hell out of you it might I am drunk off my ass and talking out of it too.)
28:06:42:12

"Always forward NEVER Straight."

Reply 1 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 01:52:07 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Perhaps your lack of brain cells is attributed to the fact that every night you appear to be "drunk".

Reply 2 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 01:57:55 AM)

Oh
And...
intellegence = intelligence
handeling = handling
alot = a lot
collage = college
calasified = classified
labled = labelled

But I think that the reason people "base intelligence on what you know" is because how much knowledge you contain is a good reflection of intelligence. The more you know, the more you are able to learn.
This reply was last edited on 02-04-03 02:30:31 AM by .

Reply 3 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:07:27 AM)

"what you know" was in referance to do you know Math compaired to being able to raise a kid.

Tonto_johnlee
U HAVE BEEN REDIRECTED TO THA LOGOUT SCRIPT ROFLOL

INTL resident asperger syndrome guy

Ballkicks: (+67 / -170)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 4 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:17:02 AM)

You are confusing intelligence with common sense and being able to survive in the real world. What you mean is that most people think being able to take tests well means that you're smart.
CLICK HERE OR CLICK HERE, OR IF YOU'RE TOO SCARED, THEN CLICK HERE.
For each point of positive karma I get, I get eight points of negative karma.
Official King of Suck, as announced by Flaming Arrow at KOTRT.
Matthew 9:12-13 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 5 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:26:02 AM)

[00:58] kb11657: i also dont believe i ever called you stupid.
fucked-up (fktp)
adj. Vulgar Slang

Completely messed up or mishandled; botched.
Badly damaged or injured.
Exceedingly drunk or intoxicated.
the winged cock
they don't! thank god

Ballkicks: (+82 / -54)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 6 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:29:15 AM)

there are brain smarts (good)

and there are school smarts (fucked in the ear)
The Winged Cock
"Grabs hold and won't let go. It's brilliant!"
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 7 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:30:20 AM)

In this, the Interweb Society, spelling is the only way we can judge you. When you spell like a moron, you get treated like one. It's that simple.
"It feels like I'm getting more famouser every day." - Avril Lavigne

Reply 8 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:31:30 AM)

Quoted from NNY:
[00:58] kb11657: i also dont believe i ever called you stupid.
I didn't say you did now did I?

Reply 9 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:33:43 AM)

but you see I am trying to point out that you have to look past the damn spelling and see the point of what the person is trying to say. My little sister can't spell worth shit. (she is 5) but her writing I luv u gets the point across don't it?

NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 10 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:40:29 AM)

you cited the discussion between you and i as the reasoning for this rant/thread and thus either you or i caused this percetion of unintelligence, and if i think it was you making you feel stupid you wouldnt have posted this, as you cant verily rant against yourself.
fucked-up (fktp)
adj. Vulgar Slang

Completely messed up or mishandled; botched.
Badly damaged or injured.
Exceedingly drunk or intoxicated.

Reply 11 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:46:11 AM)

our conversation reminded me of a coversation I had with a teacher about how schools label kids, not about me being stupid.

the winged cock
they don't! thank god

Ballkicks: (+82 / -54)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 12 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:48:39 AM)

people who go back over there posts and check for spelling and shit have got serious lifestyle problems
The Winged Cock
"Grabs hold and won't let go. It's brilliant!"

Reply 13 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 03:10:41 AM)

Quoted from the winged cock:
people who go back over there posts and check for spelling and shit have got serious lifestyle problems
it is their not there.

Melanie
Banned for having ideals.

I boned Sandamnit

Ballkicks: (+43 / -6)
Reply 14 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 03:19:30 AM)

Quoted from nny420:
but you see I am trying to point out that you have to look past the damn spelling and see the point of what the person is trying to say.
That's where grammar comes in. U can type lyke dis but if u dont use propor grammer and allot of runnon sentinces and por puntcuation than i cant understand wut ur sayin u no?
crazy is all right.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 15 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 04:30:48 AM)

Quote:
but you see I am trying to point out that you have to look past the damn spelling and see the point of what the person is trying to say. My little sister can't spell worth shit. (she is 5) but her writing I luv u gets the point across don't it?

Is there not a fair amount of difference between someone who is 18 years old and has had schooling and a 5 year old who has had very little to no schooling whatsoever?

Quote:

I actually don't do that, unless it's a typo or a dyselexic fuckup. I usually catch those seconds after typing them, though. Yes, I do type this grandiose normally. I speak this way to. Odd, eh? Some say I'm histrionic, but I doubt it.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 16 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 04:32:04 AM)

Quote:
I actually don't do that, unless it's a typo or a dyselexic fuckup. I usually catch those seconds after typing them, though.

The utter irony..
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 17 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 05:21:14 AM)

i'd like to add that americans are stupid

lots of americans here and at HG seem to be worse at english grammar than i am
fuck off
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 18 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 06:44:00 AM)

Quote:
I'd like to add, if I may, that Americans are stupid. In my opinion, of course. Do not take me as if I am stating a fact.

Quite a bit of Americans here and at HG seem to be worse at English grammar than I am.

FIXED LLO>
"The rivers are full of crocodile nasties
and He who made kittens put snakes in the grass." - Jethro Tull, Bungle in the Jungle
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 19 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 06:53:35 AM)

Quote:

Your sister sounds like a moron
I'm a Bloody Aussie!
Equal Second Place: Best Avatar in the Annual Bi-Monthly Stanknogger Memorial Awards

I laugh in the face of humour... The Hackey Central Times
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reply 20 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 06:53:45 AM)

As FA said, this is the only way we can judge your intelligence, and while I don't think you're as dumb as you look, its hard to verify this short of actually meeting you.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 21 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 08:03:29 AM)

Quoted from anaemic royalty:
i'd like to add that americans are stupid

lots of americans here and at HG seem to be worse at english grammar than i am

That could be because English is your second language. Studying and developing a language in school is very different from learning it in "real life". For one, when you grow up with a language you pick up the mistakes your parents may have in their speech. Obviously, things get fixed in school, but I get the feeling that our educational systems aren't/haven't been as strict in teaching students their native language (or at least out of the six schools I've attended in my life, only one of them (the one I'm currently in) has taught me something other than the basics that I've remembered).
It is said the Devil has all the best tunes.
This is broadly true. But Heaven has the best choreographers.

Witty Tirade (9:57:12 PM): Where I come from, the South, we have a thing called honour.
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:41 PM): Does it involve lynching niggers?
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:58 PM): Because that's all you southern folk can do right
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 22 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 08:04:18 AM)

I think everyone is smart in thier own ways. Everyone has an area of strength that no one else has. In my opinion, intelligence can't always be calculated on education levels, # of books read and blah blah blah. I have a friend who can't read, but he's really good with cars and is a extremly talented guitar player. He can also problem solve better than I can anyday. He also can't spell very well, but if you get fucked with on the street, you'll want this guy to be on your side, no doubt about it. He's actually smarter than alot of people I know, and tougher too, mentally, and physically. Fuck the common understanding of intellect, I think it manifests itself best when it's unconventional.
Vodka cherry 7-Up
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 23 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 08:06:17 AM)

Do you mean something like this? If so, yeah, I agree.
It is said the Devil has all the best tunes.
This is broadly true. But Heaven has the best choreographers.

Witty Tirade (9:57:12 PM): Where I come from, the South, we have a thing called honour.
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:41 PM): Does it involve lynching niggers?
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:58 PM): Because that's all you southern folk can do right
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Ballkicks: (+192 / -66)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 24 of 61 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 08:43:21 AM)

I have to agree with Melanie, though. When you're expressing yourself in your private journal, you needn't concern yourself with how others perceive it. However, when you are attempting to communicate with others, I do feel you should try to make your thoughts presentable, even (dare I say) understandable.

Say you speak two different languages. When you walk into a room with people who only speak one, and proceed to ask where the bathroom is located in the language they do not speak, you are going to become frustrated very quickly with their lack of comprehension.

Spelling and grammar really aren't magical talents. In fact, the wonderful thing about them is that practically anyone can learn.

Most computers have spell check features, don't they? Failing that, there's www.dictionary.com or www.webster.com. There's always the old-fashioned way; I reach for my dictionary beside my keyboard almost as often as I reach for the mouse.

If you decided you were going to spend the day painting your loved one's room, you'd probably do a pretty good job of it. You wouldn't splash colors and drip brushes all over the furniture. Being careful is a way to convey that you care about him. Communicating with your friends is pretty important; why not take a moment to do it as well as you can?

I know you're intelligent, and pretty sweet, too, but when I see posts like that, I tend to think (of anyone, not just you), "For the love of Pete, have a little self-respect for what you are saying, if not for those who have to struggle through it!" That's a prejudice on my part, but there it is.
"Give me the luxuries of life and I can do without some of the necessities."
-Evelyn Waugh

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4165 | Total Posts: 61 ]