Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Who plans on/planned on/has/is going to college? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 2902 | Total Posts: 54 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
see title
This poll has expired.
I have graduated (specify degree/subject) 0 votes, 0%
I am enrolled (specify degree/subject) 15 votes, 36.585%
I hope/intend to (specify degree/subject) 20 votes, 48.78%
I dont intend to 2 votes, 4.878%
Im past 'college age' (19-30) -- IE never did 0 votes, 0%
I got kicked out (what did you do?) 1 vote, 2.439%
I dropped out 3 votes, 7.317%
Totals: 41 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-03-03 11:18:20 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

i hope to get more than a vote/yesno from everyone who bothers to reply. if you did go, what for, what do you hope to get from it? those who wanted but didnt, likewise.
those who didnt or didnt want to, i want to know why.

Those who are still in HS or lower, why do you expect to go, what you do want to go for and what do you hope for/anticipate post HS/college time.

those who wanted to or planned to and didnt, the same questions, why did you and what is going on for you now?

and those who havent or dont plan to... see above.

i personaly never planned on going to college, the only reason i went for a year and a half is becasue my parents were willing to pay for it. i learned a lot about art in school, though im sure ill never apply any or at best most of it to any job i have. i dropped out because i didnt feel i belonged there, to be honest dealing with school worsened my depression immensely. since then ive become more numb to the world as a whole, but ive also been living a more comfortable and mentaly 'healthly' life than when i was enrolled. i think it has to do with the fact that i never intended or wanted to go, but was more or less convinced into it by everyone else in my life.
This reply was last edited on 02-04-03 04:56:23 PM by NNY.
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Ballkicks: (+192 / -66)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 1 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-03-03 11:24:12 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

There needs to be another category for "I started but left and haven't finished although I intend to, eventually."

I'm a couple of credits short of a botany degree, although I haven't had the time, money, or motivation to go back. I'm sure sometime in the future I will, though.
"Give me the luxuries of life and I can do without some of the necessities."
-Evelyn Waugh

Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 2 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-03-03 11:24:30 PM)

I've got all of my applications out, and by late April I should know where I'm going (if I get in). I hope to go to MWC or BC, and if I'm still up for it, I'll most likely transfer to UVA for my second year (they have a cognitive science major, which is what I wish to pursue atm).

www.virgina.edu/~cogsci <-- My major of choice.

I'm also seriously thinking of English/writing, because I'd love to be an author, even as a side job. If I don't major in cognitive science, then I hope to study psychology. After graduating, I want to go Turkmenistan (that'll most likely change due to certain circumstances) and teach English through the Peace Corps. Then I hope to go to grad school (possibly, who knows), and then I'm thinking of teaching in 3rd/2nd world countries until I either move to the higher levels of the profession, or something else. I want to help people, really. I guess. But I want to write, too.
It is said the Devil has all the best tunes.
This is broadly true. But Heaven has the best choreographers.

Witty Tirade (9:57:12 PM): Where I come from, the South, we have a thing called honour.
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:41 PM): Does it involve lynching niggers?
ExtraKryspi346 (9:57:58 PM): Because that's all you southern folk can do right

Ballkicks: (+0 / -0)
Reg. Date: Dec 1969
Reply 3 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-03-03 11:27:04 PM)

I am in MATC for massausage theripy. I know I spelled that wrong. Any who I only went because people told me that if I didn't go to collage I wouldn't make it any where in life.
28:06:42:12

"Always forward NEVER Straight."
blacksun

dooooooooood I'm like soooooo high

Ballkicks: (+74 / -90)
Reply 4 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-03-03 11:45:21 PM)

I plan to go, I guess, but I have no idea what I'll be doing. I'm a sophomore in highschool.

So like, could I get some of that massive sausage therapy?
Skye
INTL Premium Member
Droog Queen

I love Skye

Ballkicks: (+781 / -120)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 5 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-03-03 11:54:36 PM)

Massive sausage therapy...sensual and tasty.

Well, I'm a freshman in college...it's not a big deal, really. Depending on where you go and how seriously you take the workload, college can be extremely easy or extremely difficult. But it is an experience because it's like total freedom.
...whatever. *confused*
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 6 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 12:13:52 AM)

I am currently in University studying in the subjects of History (Anthropology, History-General, History-Ancient), Writing, Forensics and several classes of University Physics, and Biology. I plan to go into several medieval history classes next year, as well as pursuing other ambitions. Personally, I enjoy gaining different perspectives on knowledge. However, around late 2004/Early 2005 I intend to move elsewhere to finish my studying. That is it basically. I've been in University for nearly 3 years.

And Vervet, I was also thinking of the Boston College a while ago.i'm a serial-killer :)
*Swigs some 409*

This reply was last edited on 02-04-03 12:19:36 AM by Sunn O))).
Tonto_johnlee
U HAVE BEEN REDIRECTED TO THA LOGOUT SCRIPT ROFLOL

INTL resident asperger syndrome guy

Ballkicks: (+67 / -170)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 7 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 12:28:51 AM)

I hope I can go to college/university and get a degree in one or more of the following:
Advanced Mathematics
Something to do with business
Computer Programming/Computer Science

Edit: Btw, I was eating my lunch when I posted this, and the forum told me "Don't Post With Your Mouth Full. Jackass" Weird...
CLICK HERE OR CLICK HERE, OR IF YOU'RE TOO SCARED, THEN CLICK HERE.
For each point of positive karma I get, I get eight points of negative karma.
Official King of Suck, as announced by Flaming Arrow at KOTRT.
Matthew 9:12-13 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
MBS

Ballkicks: (+130 / -100)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 8 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 12:54:14 AM)

I go to a community two year college out on the middle of nowhere Georgia. Right now my major is undecided but I may very well switch over to Criminal Investigation.

Reply 9 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 01:24:21 AM)

Right now I am at Acadia University, in my first year, studying English.
Pascal
The Alpha Nerd

I love you, but why must you love the law?

Ballkicks: (+419 / -41)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 10 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 01:24:26 AM)

Probably going to go into biology. I went to college because you are supposed to. I'm not crazy about the college part, but I hate work even more so...
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reply 11 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 01:29:42 AM)

I plan on going to college, and currently plan on majoring in theoretical physics.
I put this in here to fill up space in my forum sig because I am too self-concious to put anyone else's quotes down for fear of retribution and my incredibly low self-esteem, which contributes to me not thinking of any ideas for fear of them and my alias as a forum personality being shunned. I will attempt to write something clever and witty in an attempt to gain recognition in an internet forum full of people I will never meet merely to satisfy my insatiable appetite for being accepted as both a source of quality humor and as a person in general. I accept that I will ultimately fail and leave the forum, only to put my awkward teenage years behind me and grow up to be a loving and responsible father and husband until I turn 38 and am fired from my job, find out my wife is having an affair with a convicted child molester who she helped escape from prison, and I will let my car idle in the garage, slowly filling it with carbon monoxide and freeing me from my hellish prison on earth.

Reply 12 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 01:40:11 AM)

Quoted from Nova:
Right now I am at Acadia University, in my first year, studying English.
I wanted to study that but my LD got in the way. I love writing so much.
28:06:42:12

"Always forward NEVER Straight."
Pascal
The Alpha Nerd

I love you, but why must you love the law?

Ballkicks: (+419 / -41)
Reply 13 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:41:47 AM)

Oh right, my mom is a massage therapist.
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 14 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 02:49:29 AM)

college isnt work?
fucked-up (fktp)
adj. Vulgar Slang

Completely messed up or mishandled; botched.
Badly damaged or injured.
Exceedingly drunk or intoxicated.
Melanie
Banned for having ideals.

I boned Sandamnit

Ballkicks: (+43 / -6)
Reply 15 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 03:41:39 AM)

I'm a freshman at LSU, and I'm a mass comm. (journalism) major. That's definitely going to change, though.

Right now I'm going to look at:
speech patholgy
geology
photography
journalism

I've never been interested in earth sciences (or any science at all), but I've taken two physical geography & geology courses and I really like them. I don't know what the hell I'd do with a degree in that, so speech pathlogy is at the top of the list.
crazy is all right.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reply 16 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 07:06:59 AM)

I plan on going to University of Waterloo, major in either Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics.
"If stupidity was a bannable offense there would be no forum populace." -PR
"Some bitch told me that video games were violent. So then I pressed 3, got out my shotgun, and blew her fucking head off." -Ztolk
"Experience has taught me that if she's a woman, she needs a beating." -Baggy_Brad
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Ballkicks: (+192 / -66)
Reply 17 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 07:44:34 AM)

Quoted from Melanie:

I've never been interested in earth sciences (or any science at all), but I've taken two physical geography & geology courses and I really like them. I don't know what the hell I'd do with a degree in that, so speech pathlogy is at the top of the list.

A dear friend of mine is a geologist in Jacksonville, Florida. There are five Superdump sites in that area. She collects earth samples and soil-tests the areas around the military bases, then files plan reports for cleanup recommendations.

5 day workweeks, three in the field and two in her cushy office, plenty of pollution to keep working until she's old and grey, she's one of the few women in a sea of men, and she earns around $100,000 per year before taxes. That's what the hell ya do with a degree like that!
"Give me the luxuries of life and I can do without some of the necessities."
-Evelyn Waugh

Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 18 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 07:46:16 AM)

I am currently enrolled at UM. I am pursuing a dual major in chemistry and religious studies with a minor in biology. I am not quite sure where this will take me; once I have taken the more hardcore chem classes, I'll decide whether I want to go to medical school, pharmacy school, or even get a PhD in chemistry.

Melanie-- Speech pathology is a great major. Most schools have a six year program so that you can get your bachelors degree and your masters degree all in one shot. My cousin has chosen this field as her major. The course load isn't too difficult, but you would have to have a lot of patience to do this type of work.
"So I'm gone for two seconds, and now it's You-ami?" - Testiclees
BalsaWoodKeyboard
LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+65 / -19)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 19 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 08:01:40 AM)

I have applied to both St. John's College in Annapolis and University of Illinois at Champaign/Urbana. I expect to hear back from St. John's by Friday, and I think that is where I want to go right now. Its a really neat school...check it out: http://www.sjca.edu/main.html
Now, when clouds of Fate o'ercast
All my Present, and my Past,
Let my Future radiant shine
With sweet hopes of thee and thine.
-Edgar Allan Poe
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 20 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 09:00:03 AM)

I don't plan on going to college foe these reasons

1)I hate school environments

2)I am not about to be in debt the rest of my life while I still only make 9 dollars an hour, just waiting for the clout of my degree get me "somewhere"

3)I do just fine in my life now without ever having grduated high school or gone to college at all. I have a decent paying job, I have my own one bedroom apt., I have my own car, health insurance e.t.c. I pay for all my shit on my own, and have been for over 4 years now. At the same time, my sister who went through 4 years of college at a very nice school here in MN is currently a waitress. She lives in a studio apt. and has to always borrow $$ from my mom, all because she just got laid off from her job. (Not saying I am better than her at all, but it just proves to me even more that college doesn't always promise you a career, or happiness)

4)I don't expect to be rich and buy a house and all that shit. I just want to be happy and have a roof over my head and be able to provide for myself how I see fit.

I know people say that college is more about the experience. I can spend the same amount of $$ and have better experiences in different parts of the world traveling around different countries.

School has just never been for me.
Vodka cherry 7-Up
nimo

lvl 16 wizard, yo

Ballkicks: (+321 / -17)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 21 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 09:27:42 AM)

I'm going to Loyola University in Chicago next year... I can't make up my mind about a major, nothing seems to fit. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
www.uselessstatic.com
mirthalac
INTL Alumni
stan "the single pringle" templeton

Prettiest Red Beard this side of the Canadian Border

Ballkicks: (+301 / -42)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 22 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 10:39:21 AM)

see, you didn't give me *my* option: I enrolled, but got kicked out.
Bobby Crosby's
Home of mid-paced viking metal
OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE KREW
Stevo
The Monkey Pirate King

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+101 / -41)
Reply 23 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 12:18:50 PM)

I go to USC, and am majoring in history and economics.

I may transfer junior year - Boston College, Colgate, and Miami are likely candidates.

Balsa
St. John's is about 15 minutes from my house back home. It's a great college with a lot of really cool kids. Tons of drugs, too (but that's besides the point). The curriculum is awesome, too.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 24 of 54 (Originally posted on: 02-04-03 03:19:44 PM)

Plan on going, dont really know what I want to major in yet though.

"MY BUM IS ON THE MAN!" - Flaming Arrow
"I just think circumsized dicks look a whole lot better" - Flaming Arrow
Well Danielle, when you turned your back on our religion and basically questioned all of our values and practically insulted our whole sense of faith and our lifestyle, we were alright with that, we let that slide. THEN you came and said that you're attracted to women, we thought that was questionable, but we could get used to it. But the day that you have pornographic videos on your computer, YOU'RE FUCKING OUT. - Danielle's parents

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2902 | Total Posts: 54 ]