Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Why do women not respect thier own power? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2497 | Total Posts: 48 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Stoffel
stoffel sucks; 3ms owns + is returning for round 2 lightening round bioch

Ballkicks: (+126 / -74)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
(Originally posted on: 01-12-03 04:24:04 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I had this conversation with my aunt about women and the kinds of power they hold over men. They hold such an increadibly sway over men, and while there are women out there that understand that power, there are way too many that think it is a game and end up hurting alot of people. I wish some of them would come to thier sences. They have that power so they can get the type of guy that is right for them, but so many of them use it as a toy to completely crush guys, to make them jealouse, and to start fights among them.
"85% of smokers said that New Years day was a good time to quit smoking. None of them will, but they still think it would be a good time to quit."
Melanie
Banned for having ideals.

I boned Sandamnit

Ballkicks: (+43 / -6)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 1 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-12-03 04:32:33 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I don't know what to tell you, Stoffel. Girls are bad for your health. You should stay away from them. Brad was right when he said they need a good beating. Especially girls like that. i'm a serial-killer :)
Bat your eyes girl, be otherworldly
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 2 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-12-03 04:37:02 PM)

doesn't this work the other way around as well?
I stared in God's eyes. He blinked.

There is not a single shred of evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Stoffel
stoffel sucks; 3ms owns + is returning for round 2 lightening round bioch

Ballkicks: (+126 / -74)
Reply 3 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-12-03 04:39:11 PM)

I personally dont think guys hold the same power of girls as the other way around.
"85% of smokers said that New Years day was a good time to quit smoking. None of them will, but they still think it would be a good time to quit."
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-12-03 05:04:26 PM)

i could think of a few cases where it is the other way around. such as vash, thats why he gets away with being such a slut.
fucked-up (fktp)
adj. Vulgar Slang

Completely messed up or mishandled; botched.
Badly damaged or injured.
Exceedingly drunk or intoxicated.
Stormraider
User is currently banned until further notice.

im gay

Reply 5 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-12-03 06:11:29 PM)

Depends on their age. Between say 15 and 19 a whole damn load of them are to naive to see half the things around them, so they don't exploit that power then. Once they get in their 20's, I like to believe most don't feel they need that power anymore.
Stormraider- 73.275% of your daily dose of Cynical Jackass!!
Outspoken, Opinionated, Empassioned and Shameless.
"It's kinda ironic because I'm not a virgin.."-Globethrasher...yes, Globethrasher.
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Ballkicks: (+192 / -66)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 6 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-12-03 07:47:01 PM)

I think we only have as much power as the other person gives us.

I went to get my car insured. I had a suspended license at the time, and the registration was out of date. I used a lot of hairspray, wore a white minidress with high heels and no underwear, blood-red lipstick, and teased my hair up like a slut. All I did was saunter in, lean over the counter, and ask how the manager could help me. The upshot? The manager of the insurance office agreed to take a starter check (the kind they give you on a new account, where you have to write in your name and address in the corner) and to allow me to post-date it nearly two weeks. There was never the promise of any "favors" being exchanged. The whole operation took less than fifteen minutes, and I was down the road with my new insurance card, laughing my ass off at the suckers of the world who made it so easy.

Yeah, it was a sleazy thing to do, and I wouldn't stoop to doing it again, but if a man's going to be a fool and abandon all good business sense just because a slutty-looking blonde smiles and purrs, "Oh, thank you, you've just saved my life!" it's his shortcoming, not mine.

In real daily life, though, in relationships and among people you know, I don't think there's anything funny about causing someone pain and madness, especially if you supposedly love him or care about him. Or her.
"Give me the luxuries of life and I can do without some of the necessities."
-Evelyn Waugh

This reply was last edited on 01-12-03 07:57:14 PM by Mojo.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 7 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-12-03 08:06:18 PM)

Quote:
but if a man's going to be a fool and abandon all good business sense just because a slutty-looking blonde smiles and purrs, "Oh, thank you, you've just saved my life!" it's his shortcoming, not mine.

That's what I learnt a few years ago, now I'm all like "No, no you can't borrow my pen... Slut."
I'm a Bloody Aussie!
Equal Second Place: Best Avatar in the Annual Bi-Monthly Stanknogger Memorial Awards

I wish that after a hard day of work I could just get to my house, walk into my lounge room and find my wife already beaten... The Hackey Central Times
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reply 8 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-12-03 08:07:48 PM)

Haha, that's hilarious Mojo.
What really bugs me is all the girls I see at school that don't even realize that they look so good or how that affects guys, so they wear tight clothes and short dresses and low tops and go bending around all over. I had a really good looking girl's ass about 2 inches from my face when she bent over and got her jeans pulled all tight over it. They don't know what kind of power they have when they do that.
*fumes*
Quoted from Baggy_Brad:
Quote:
but if a man's going to be a fool and abandon all good business sense just because a slutty-looking blonde smiles and purrs, "Oh, thank you, you've just saved my life!" it's his shortcoming, not mine.

That's what I learnt a few years ago, now I'm all like "No, no you can't borrow my pen... Slut."

I've never had a bad experience, but I don't really give into such manipulation. I think I've shocked a couple girls (that understand their power) that have asked me for things when I don't help them.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Ballkicks: (+192 / -66)
Reply 9 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-12-03 08:13:12 PM)

Wow. That must be a really good pen!

It does irritate the shit out of me when women (or men) use sex as a first resort. Especially online in a room where people can't see you, can only read what you type. In one of the old rooms I used to visit, we had a cyberslut like that. When the conversation started getting too far over her head, she'd type (her name) :starts to hula-hoop slowly or :licks the ice cream spoon or some stupid shit like that to bring the attention back to how sexy she was. I don't see that as empowerment at all; in fact, quite the opposite. It seemed pretty pathetic, to me, that she didn't feel confident enough in her knowledge or intelligence to participate as an equal, and had to rely upon her tits to feel special and accepted. Then she would come online and whine about how all her bosses hit on her at her new job and how all the women in the office were mean and hated her so much that they made her workday miserable. So much for power.
"Give me the luxuries of life and I can do without some of the necessities."
-Evelyn Waugh

This reply was last edited on 01-12-03 08:25:01 PM by Mojo.
Pascal
The Alpha Nerd

I love you, but why must you love the law?

Ballkicks: (+419 / -41)
Reply 10 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-13-03 02:17:47 PM)

I'm curious, but why would the no underwear bit help if you didn't drop your drawers? I am not knowledgeable in such things.
Lovely Insanity

Insane Love

Ballkicks: (+126 / -35)
Reply 11 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-13-03 03:10:13 PM)

I think it works both ways. For instance, this weekend, my friend Cassie and I got a subscription to Rolling Stone because a college boy flirted with us and told us we were cute. Right after he left, it dawned on me why we agreed to this idiotic boy and his $60 subscriptions, and I hunted him down and got my money back. I also got him kicked out of the mall, where he was doing his thing.

Yes, it was a stupid and insecure thing to do, but it happened, and I learned from it.
There's no place like home...
Gordy

Ballkicks: (+8 / -2)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 12 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-13-03 03:34:07 PM)

There are seldom cases where it is the guy who has this power. From the words of Chris Rock, all throughout a girls life she has been gettin offered dick. It's kinda like, oh,let me get the door for you, "would you like some dick with that." Men don't get these kind of offers often. So when we do we take it. That is where we go wrong. If we would turn a girl down every now and then, that power would no longer exist.
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reply 13 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-13-03 03:51:53 PM)

Yes, but you see the tradeoff has been that men have ruled the earth for the past 3 millenia.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reply 14 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-13-03 04:11:24 PM)

My old girlfriend and I used this 'power' extensively, if we needed something from a bank for instance, we would check out the person helping us first. If it was a man, she'd do the talking and charm him up. If it was a woman, I'd do the talking and charm her up.

You can really tell the difference in how far the person is willing to go to help you if they like you or are attracted to you.
I stared in God's eyes. He blinked.

There is not a single shred of evidence to support the notion that life is serious.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 15 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-13-03 05:33:59 PM)

Quoted from Gordy:
That is where we go wrong. If we would turn a girl down every now and then, that power would no longer exist.

I'm now doing that to an almost stupid extent. People are starting to wonder if I'm gay but that just makes me more wanted. You know it.
I'm a Bloody Aussie!
Equal Second Place: Best Avatar in the Annual Bi-Monthly Stanknogger Memorial Awards

I wish that after a hard day of work I could just get to my house, walk into my lounge room and find my wife already beaten... The Hackey Central Times
Melanie
Banned for having ideals.

I boned Sandamnit

Ballkicks: (+43 / -6)
Reply 16 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-13-03 06:01:30 PM)

Quoted from FMP:
What really bugs me is all the girls I see at school that don't even realize that they look so good or how that affects guys, so they wear tight clothes and short dresses and low tops and go bending around all over.
Oh, they realize it alright. That's why they do it.

I never dressed good for school. I knew I had wrestling practice right after so I didn't bother. For the last two years we had uniforms, so it didn't matter. In college, I usually wear what I slept in.

I use my "power" when I need to, though.

I had just gotten the license plate for my car, and I went to Auto Zone to get the bolts or whatever for it. I just twirled my hair and hung on all his words and smiled and he did put it on for me and I didn't pay for anything.

Him: "So, you go to LSU? You on the dance team or something?"
Me: Nah.. *giggle*
Him: "Yeah, this isn't what I always do. I have a race car at home."
Me: "Really?! That's awesome. I love race cars." *bites little finger, smiles*

And so on... Yeah, I know it's sad. My dad told me to try to get them to put it on for me because they do that sometimes, but he didn't think I'd get it free. He thought it was funny. The guy gave me an LSU plate frame and everything.
Bat your eyes girl, be otherworldly
dr_evil

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+13 / -15)
Reply 17 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-14-03 01:58:10 AM)

Quoted from Mingan:
doesn't this work the other way around as well?

only if you're good in the sack, and they sleep with you, then you can pull strings
blaming guns for mass shootings is like blaming spoons for rosie o'donell being fat.
Gordy

Ballkicks: (+8 / -2)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 18 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-14-03 08:09:30 PM)

Brad we need more men like you. Men that can hold their ground. If more of us did the same, the world would be a better place. I know that I give in alot of the times, but I try to hold back and sometimes it works.
"I'm a 28-year-old man, I should be able to eat a chicken sandwich if I want to."
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 19 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-14-03 08:24:49 PM)

Quote:
Brad we need more men like you

I agree with you, I don't know how many of the others would.
I'm a Bloody Aussie!

Kyrie
INTL Alumni
No more blue tomorrows.

Eleison

Ballkicks: (+79 / -9)
Reply 20 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-14-03 08:40:03 PM)

I tend to be completely oblivious to my using that sort of power. I know I do it, because my friends let me know, but I don't think it's something I have direct control over. I'm not saying I'm irresistably sexy or anything, mind, it's just that some of us are really poor at guessing how any given person is going to react to us. In situations in which I've hurt people, it wasn't a "game" I intended to play.

I guess one could conclude that lots of women have self-esteem issues, and just underestimate the impact they have on people.

Oh, and yes, the world does need more guys like Brad. I can't respect anyone who falls slobbering at women's feet like a sex-crazed loser.
TURN THIS COMPUTER OFF. It's not getting you any closer.
Mr Bounce

Ballkicks: (+95 / -37)
Reply 21 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-17-03 07:24:09 AM)

Brad, you seem like a nice hunk of man. Maybe we can *leans over* work something out? *smiles seductively*
izzy: fuck you
Soccy: after my nap
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Reply 22 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-17-03 01:26:11 PM)

Quote:
Brad, you seem like a nice hunk of man. Maybe we can *leans over* work something out? *smiles seductively*

UPPERCUT!
I'm a Bloody Aussie!

Mr Bounce

Ballkicks: (+95 / -37)
Reply 23 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-18-03 03:12:55 AM)

OW!

Quote:
UPPERCUT!

Heh. That reminded me of "ARROWED!"
izzy: fuck you
Soccy: after my nap
Nail bunny
Silver Bullet Brigade
foom!

Ballkicks: (+68 / -19)
Reply 24 of 48 (Originally posted on: 01-18-03 09:07:55 PM)

Yes all the power women hold over men but still lots of people regard us as inferior, are prejudiced toward us, are violent towards us, and control us. Oooo, so much power.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2497 | Total Posts: 48 ]