Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Linux Corner: computers for something other than windows? WHAT > Simcity 4 > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 3735 | Total Posts: 22 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-05-02 05:07:19 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

For those interested in the Simcity series of game, what do you anticipate (if you do at all) about this next game in the series?

What would you like to see in it?
Any problems with it so far?
Would you buy it when it comes out?

Personally, I anticipate that this game will be good, and hope they add atleast some of the ideas from the fans in the game. Espicially dealing with Transportation and Micromanagement. Personally, as well, I would like to see the signs feature from Simcity 2000, brought back in this game of the series.
Sources of Screenshots below:
Gamespot Article

Screenshots 1

Screenshots 2

_Sunny

Random Google Search:
"Come enjoy a Vacation on Sunshine."

Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Ballkicks: (+145 / -473)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 1 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-05-02 07:03:09 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

It looks great (me being a big sim city fan) I could tell you the reasons why sim city 3 wasn't great was because of not enough commercial veratiy and nothing to do after you reach a certain point in the game. With the new one you can clearly see they added a whole bunch on new pictures and even some realistic qualitys (the lava from volcaino flows down hill instead of just out from the center.)
SALLY OWNED FA!!!!!! -Wheezy

More books by Ferret.
Child molesting: So easy even a priest can do it.
Rolando
Topo Gigio

Ballkicks: (+26 / -25)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 2 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-05-02 07:15:18 PM)

The game looks great, i have SIMCITY3000 and it rocks but after a while it gets boring. It's the same all the time and my city was broke as hell.
Magus

Benze and I should have a sad-off

Ballkicks: (+77 / -47)
Reply 3 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-05-02 07:34:02 PM)

It looks great so far. I'm sure am going to consider buying it when it comes out.

Finally, you can build bridges over canyons! It also finally looks fully-3D. But looks aren't everything...

Let's hope they don't end up cutting all of the features out in the end... Like the day and night system that was promised so long ago.
*is Greek, nonetheless*
Salamando
The Reel RS Krew
RULE BREAKER!

LOL karma palindrome

Ballkicks: (+145 / -473)
Reg. Date: May 2003
Reply 4 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-05-02 09:30:38 PM)

And they cut out hydroelectric dams which was horrible.
SALLY OWNED FA!!!!!! -Wheezy

More books by Ferret.
Child molesting: So easy even a priest can do it.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 5 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-05-02 10:50:45 PM)

Wow, that looks damn good.

I can't wait!
dufus

Ballkicks: (+24 / -7)
Reply 6 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-05-02 11:48:20 PM)

I'll probably get it... but I tend not to play them much after the first few days of getting them. This looks like it might be different, though.
Rolando
Topo Gigio

Ballkicks: (+26 / -25)
Reply 7 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-06-02 10:56:13 AM)

Quote:
Any problems with it so far?

Nop, the images are great and so far i can't talk about problems because i just have seen pics and reviews.

Quote:
Would you buy it when it comes out?

Yep, but maybe i won't play it too often.
Ho-fucking-Ray!
MurphGuitar

Ballkicks: (+33 / -11)
Reply 8 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-06-02 07:56:08 PM)

I'm looking forward to trying this one. I had the Simcity 3000 demo but it annoyed me that the isometric view was too far up. Now with graphics always improving you can see further down to the street.
Defy me at your peril.

AKA Sir William of Pork
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 9 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-06-02 09:04:06 PM)

Personally, I found that after a certain ammount of time playing the game, Simcity 3000 just got very boring and inactive. I hope Simcity 4 doesen't turn out this way.

Another feature I'd like to see come back is the flooding from Simcity 2000. Although it was interesting to watch...You often have to wonder why other people like to inflict disasters onto the city they've been working on for so long.

As well, There is something lacking in the disasters of Space Junk and UFO in Simcity 3000 which makes the game seems very childish, when it is meant for all ages.

Another thing, going along with micromanagement I would like to see many more abilities of controlling your city, and also many more options of buildings. Maybe even some more zones.

In this next installment, it would be enjoyable to have a more realistic tone to the game, in my opinion.

_Sunny
Random Google Search:
"Come enjoy a Vacation on Sunshine."

neo222
AM I ANNOYING YET?

Ballkicks: (+9 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 10 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-08-02 02:14:29 PM)

I will probabbly get it. I hope it is good and has a bit more replayabilty than the oher ones. LIke you can unlock extra things
Warning this sig contians spoilers to The Two Towers:

"Where is horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blown? They have passed like rain in the mountains, like wind in the meddows."

"There is nothing we can do. The quest will claim his life"
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 11 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-08-02 05:07:06 PM)

I hope it will still have cheats. I like the cheats for when I just wanna build a bigass city.

The money cheat in Simcity 3k sucked ass, though.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+361 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 12 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-12-02 08:41:00 PM)

You had to use a trainer for money in S3CK, FA.

One of the things I hope to *NOT* see SC4K do is to break out with a full-version Xpak, after a butt-load of people had already bought the game. It was like, 30 bucks for new disasters and some landscape changes. Although it'd be nice to build an actula replica of Cairo or whatever, it's fucking insane they expect me to spend 30 bucks for it.

SC4K would also be nice, if you could have some sort of The Sims integration with it. Not sure how it'd work, though.

The Sims Online is out this summer... are you guys ready?
dufus

Ballkicks: (+24 / -7)
Reply 13 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-12-02 11:26:23 PM)

I think he's talking about "call cousin vinnie", which certainly did suck.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+361 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 14 of 22 (Originally posted on: 05-13-02 12:34:24 AM)

Actually, it was ok... for the ten seconds it took me to read the little caption that popped up, and I was like, "What the fuck...?". Then it started to suck.

The trainer rocks. Too bad I haven't played the game in months.
The GigalonXP - 1398 mHz of INTL Browsing Power
AMD AthlonXP 1.4Ghz|ECS K7S5A|256MB PC133 SDRAM|Quantam Fireball 7200 20.5GB|Caviar 5400 6.4GB|Cendyne 24x16x40x|VooDoo 5 5500 64MB AGP|SB Live! Value|98SE, 2kPro, Man8.2 Triple Boot|Antec ATX w/ 300 watt PSU|
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Reply 15 of 22 (Originally posted on: 11-22-02 05:01:02 PM)

A bit of an Update, it seems like Simcity 4 will be released early next year, around January 2003. So far it looks pretty good.i'm a serial-killer :)

www.simcity.com

flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 16 of 22 (Originally posted on: 11-26-02 01:14:16 PM)

Quote:
SC4K would also be nice, if you could have some sort of The Sims integration with it. Not sure how it'd work, though.

Supposedly you can import your Sims and put them in the city. Then you can track their progress, see how they're doing, et cetera. That's pretty cool. And I also read that the weather effects in Simcity 4 are going to be simply badass. Build mountains next to ocean, and fog begins to form. And of course, the graphics look amazing.

Quote:
The Sims Online is out this summer... are you guys ready?

I'd get it, but I'm already getting Everquest. My mom has a "One MMORPG Per Household" rule. The only way I could get TSO is if I get a job and pay for it out of my own pocket.
I want to tell you a little about myself, so you'll know where I'm coming from. First off, I am 35 years old.. I am thrice divorced.. and I live in a van down by the river!
KoRnNick

Ballkicks: (+6 / -18)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 17 of 22 (Originally posted on: 11-30-02 10:59:27 PM)

I bought SimCity 3000 unlimited and I played that game non stop till for about a month but then i got bored with it. the game was just to easy for SimCity 4 if they could put some sort of online multiplayer game for it i would definitly buy it or if the game was alot more challenging then the lasts games
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reply 18 of 22 (Originally posted on: 12-01-02 05:13:32 AM)

I'm pondering whether or I want Star Wars: Galaxies or The Sims Online. If I can get a certain someone to get TSO I'll get that.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
blacksun

dooooooooood I'm like soooooo high

Ballkicks: (+74 / -90)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 19 of 22 (Originally posted on: 12-07-02 10:14:18 PM)

Is Simcity4 3d, or just really complex 2d? I couldn't really tell from the screenshots.
chico
LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+4 / -16)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 20 of 22 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 10:56:09 PM)

I am about 99% sure it is 3d. I want it soooo bad. *saves up teh monies*
NNY
Alcoholics Anonymous
Forum Drunkard

Staying in alone, with my cat.

Ballkicks: (+666 / -76)
Reply 21 of 22 (Originally posted on: 12-12-02 02:09:42 AM)

yeah, thats 3D.
Lately I've been feeling dead inside, Like my guts have dried up and died
But every night I water them back to life
When I fall down I'll fall apart, Trade in my bike for a shopping cart
and beg change from a world that needs some
But I'm so inebriated that I cannot see, Between the moon and you, lunacy is setting in
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reply 22 of 22 (Originally posted on: 12-15-02 12:03:44 AM)

Reading through the articles on the site, it seems to be 3D but with only one vantage point.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3735 | Total Posts: 22 ]