Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Poll: Your parents, married or divorced? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3087 | Total Posts: 43 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Parents married or divorced?
This poll has expired.
My parents are still in their original marriage. 38 votes, 70.37%
One or both of my parents had previous marriages before they married each other and had me. 4 votes, 7.407%
Both of my biological parents are divorced from each other, and one or both are married to other people now. 6 votes, 11.111%
My parents have never been married and I came this close to being named "Moonbeam" so I'm a little sensitive about it. 3 votes, 5.556%
Option added: parents divorced but neither are remarried. 3 votes, 5.556%
Totals: 54 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Ballkicks: (+192 / -66)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 01-04-03 04:02:09 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

My parents, while not all kissy-face, have been married for something close to 40 years, I guess. They always seem like a team and they rarely fight, although my dad has the naturally strong and assholish personality of a retired Navy officer. My mom is a pretty strong person, educated and going after her own goals, too. I wouldn't say there's much romantic love, but they both know they've got each other's backs. I guess I would call it a comfortable marriage.

What about yours? Do you think the number of times your parents have married or divorced bears any marks upon your own personality or sense of well-being, good or bad?
This reply was last edited on 01-04-03 08:16:00 PM by Mojo.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 1 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 04:05:00 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

My parents married like 26 years ago for the first and only time. I don't think it has left on me any mark, good or bad.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+186 / -18)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 04:19:48 PM)

They're in their original marriage, which started two years before they had me, and this last year was their 20th anniversary. I don't think I can ever remember them getting in much of a fight about anything at all [or either they do a damn great job of covering it up], so that has worked out well for me.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reply 3 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 04:28:30 PM)

Original marriage.

To each other, I mean.

And they don't fight. They're at their 20th anniversary, or something close to that.
Moribus antiquis res stat Romana virisque[/w]
[w]Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Lovely Insanity

Insane Love

Ballkicks: (+126 / -35)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 4 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 04:37:04 PM)

Change 'Moonbeam' to 'Sunshine or Bam-Bam' and you get moi.
A little old lady goes to the doctor and says, "I canít stop passing gas. Luckily, my farts donít smell and are always silent. As a matter of fact, Iíve farted twice since Iíve been here in your office, but you didnít even notice."

"I can help you," says the doc. "Take these pills and come back next week."

The next week, the lady returns. "Doctor," she says, "I donít know what you gave me, but now my farts reek."

The doctor says, "Good, we fixed your sinuses! Now letís work on your hearing."
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 5 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 04:39:07 PM)

Parents still together in first marriage. Their sort of anti-divorce.
My girlfriend rocks. She has shortcuts to my favourite sites, cookies that let me post without retyping my password, and she runs all my favourite games.
Melanie
Banned for having ideals.

I boned Sandamnit

Ballkicks: (+43 / -6)
Reply 6 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 04:48:57 PM)

My mom was my age when she got married (18) and my dad was 26. It's been 19 years and they are still married happily enough.

My mommy & daddy:

My little brother looks a lot like my dad.

Then there's me. We still don't know how I popped out with blond hair and blue eyes. I think I look like both of them.

Bat your eyes girl, be otherworldly
Mr Pixies
Scuba.

Ballkicks: (+490 / -96)
Reply 7 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 04:54:23 PM)

My parents have been married over 20 years, in their first marriage. They argue over money, and food, but that's about it.
VAGINIAN

I'm entertained, but I'd rather be enlightened.

Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 8 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 04:57:02 PM)

My parents are still happily married, though I don't understand how my mom can put up with my dad. He's the most annoying, tempermental person I know.
And this time will be bigger
And brighter than we knew it
So watch me fly, we all know I can do it...
Could I stop my hand from shaking?
Has there ever been a moment
With so much to live for?
Mojo
Velocity BITCH

Big Mamma Bitch

Ballkicks: (+192 / -66)
Reply 9 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 04:59:29 PM)

Wow, great pictures, thanks!!!
"Give me the luxuries of life and I can do without some of the necessities."
-Evelyn Waugh

Marcher
Background Forummers

I'm jealous of Jesus.

Ballkicks: (+344 / -47)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 10 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 04:59:50 PM)

My parents have been married for around 20 years, first marriage. I've never seen them yell or fight, ever.
Homestar Runner!
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 11 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 05:29:32 PM)

The poll results don't really surprise me. Most of the kids I know whose parents are divorced are pretty fucked up.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
Magus

Benze and I should have a sad-off

Ballkicks: (+77 / -47)
Reply 12 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 05:32:50 PM)

My parents are still married after around 20 years.
Well, well, well... Magus finally has free time to post!
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reply 13 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 05:36:43 PM)

Your parents marriage sounds similar to mine, Mojo.
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reply 14 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 05:44:33 PM)

My parents are both divorced, thought my mom had a previous marriage.

They always fought.. They broke up when I came back from a band trip in anaheim in 8th grade.

Wildfire Games | KoRT | INTL | SWGBH | AOMH
Fisher
INTL Premium Member
jhsdfi;loiha

Fishdick

Ballkicks: (+439 / -139)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 15 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 06:51:24 PM)

Quoted from Lovely Insanity:
Change 'Moonbeam' to 'Sunshine or Bam-Bam' and you get moi.

I know someone named Sunshine. It's just a name, she never gets made fun of or anything.

My parents have been married for 26 years, and although they arugue and bicker a lot, it's still a comfortable marriage.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+186 / -18)
Reply 16 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 07:04:24 PM)

Quoted from FISHMANPET:
The poll results don't really surprise me. Most of the kids I know whose parents are divorced are pretty fucked up.

I'm surprised since divorce rates are so high these days.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 17 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 07:58:17 PM)

Quoted from boutitben:
Quoted from FISHMANPET:

I'm surprised since divorce rates are so high these days.

Me too.
And this time will be bigger
And brighter than we knew it
So watch me fly, we all know I can do it...
Could I stop my hand from shaking?
Has there ever been a moment
With so much to live for?
blacksun

dooooooooood I'm like soooooo high

Ballkicks: (+74 / -90)
Reply 18 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 08:11:27 PM)

Divorced, neither one is remarried though. The poll doesn't have an option for that.
fdfzfdzfdzdzzdz
JamesMartigo
The Flying Dutchman

Ballkicks: (+118 / -35)
Reply 19 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 08:33:16 PM)

My parent married in '76, had me in '77, and got divorced in '78. Divorces weren't very common back then, in the place where I grew up. My father remarried a couple of years later, and had 2 more children. My mother never remarried. I expected the divorce count for this poll te be higher.
"the world says it is cool to be gay" - Yehoshua Ben Yisra'el
"Atheists believe in the God of Atheism" - Yehoshua Ben Yisra'el
"Sorry for my bad english." - PokeIzzySSBCW
Squareknight
I will never be independant

XX_mira_fan_Xx

Ballkicks: (+181 / -100)
Reply 20 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 09:01:01 PM)

Married, yet heading for divorce MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Other haunts:

http://halosrealm.host.sk/

http://dynamic3.gamespy.com/~wbc/IB/index.php?s=86435ca47ef558e6b2db9c4f226d9c36&
Lyle

My penis is huge

Ballkicks: (+243 / -48)
Reply 21 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 10:45:41 PM)

My parents have been married for around 25 years. It's a suprise that they havn't gotten a divorce because both of their parents got divorces, and, statistically, that is supposed to raise the chances of their getting a divorce by a LOT. But they don't argue a lot. Only when dad goes out and buys something expensive without telling mom. (Boat, laptop, motorcycle, power tools.)
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reply 22 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-04-03 11:03:22 PM)

I'm not surprised by the poll results because most of the kids I know who come from broken homes are the ones that are pretty fucked up. Sort of like Joel, except they're fucking idiots (no offense Joel). But they do tons of drugs and drink and have sex and basically don't give enough of a fuck about anything to be effective members of society. They're not the kind of people that would register at a place like INTL.

EDIT: Most of the kids in my school fit the above description, so maybe it's not the broken home that causes it.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 23 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-05-03 12:22:49 AM)

My parents never married. Lived together, but then my dad moved out. I haven't seen him in a long time..

*sigh*
Quotes by Drahnier
son of reinhard: my cock hurts again
son of reinhard: ive had semen in my mouth
son of reinhard: get these penises out of my face
son of reinhard: can i whine some more about how my penis hurts?
son of reinhard: save some of your juices in a jar and mail it to me
son of reinhard: also send me your used panties
son of reinhard: i make baloon animals with my cock
son of reinhard: i often want to have sex with little girls
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 24 of 43 (Originally posted on: 01-05-03 12:46:11 AM)

My mom was married once before she married my dad. She and my dad had been married for seven or eight years when he died in 1994.

My mom has a boyfriend now.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3087 | Total Posts: 43 ]