Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > "KoRT is just going through a phase." Pfffft. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] [ Thread Views: 13488 | Total Posts: 155 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-04-02 03:48:10 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Well, folks, Spring is settling in and KoRT is aching in the sides. Again inquired was KoRT's foreboding death, and this was met by blatant falsitudes to comfort those who still believe it will go on as it once did. I myself added kindling to that fire in pity.

Notice, friends, how Spring does not affect INTL. There is no correlation, I think. The banning of a select few forummers has also taken its toll, along with the IGod going kaput. It seems all the refugees from there made there way here, and we have gotten a few KoRT members to start posting here instead (Muzta, for one).

I also notice that in less than half the time I've been at KoRT, I already have more than half the posts here than I do there. I'm sure statistics are the same, if not worse for some of you. Ho-ho, that's just like saying *kicks KoRT in the nads*.

So, what do you think? KoRT going through a "phase"? Becoming the prey of changing times? Just lost its "something"?

Discussikus.

"That's all war is -the desire to project the penis into other people's affairs. You don't have to be an analyst to see the foreign recognition policy at work. It goes something like this- WHAT!? THEY HAVE BIGGER DICKS!? BOMB THEM!" George Carlin
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+186 / -18)
Reply 1 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 04:07:04 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I've never really posted there much. I probably have about 100 total posts.

However, I believe the place was generally much cooler over a year ago compared to how it is now.
yay...?
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 2 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 05:25:31 PM)

Message boards change as people come and go. KoRT is hardly close to death.
"In two hundred years the NRA will be reduced to a dusty handgun exhibit in the "Cause and Effect: The End Of Idiots in America" section of local museums. Yes, it's a long time to wait, but it will happen."
-Mary Dugger, in The History of Lesbian Hair
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 3 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 05:31:12 PM)

I just went there for the first time in like two weeks.
dufus

Ballkicks: (+24 / -7)
Reply 4 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 06:06:38 PM)

Notice how it went steeply downhill after I got banned?

Well, I had 5400-odd (I forget exactly, but I did know because I grabbed my own file as well) posts at HG, after over a year... and 1583 here after 35 days. Proportionately, I should have had around 16k.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 5 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 06:24:02 PM)

Yeah, I have around 2400 posts at HG.

Most of those posts are in forums other than Kort, though.
dufus

Reply 6 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 06:32:45 PM)

Most of mine were in OD/KoRT, maybe few hundred elsewhere, mainly in Strategy and whatever the technical forum's called. A lot of my posts were in the party threads.
Good OL MC

Ballkicks: (+66 / -15)
Reply 7 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 06:38:12 PM)

Quoted from Tyr:
Well, folks, Spring is settling in and KoRT is aching in the sides. Again inquired was KoRT's foreboding death, and this was met by blatant falsitudes to comfort those who still believe it will go on as it once did. I myself added kindling to that fire in pity.

Of course it won't be the same, that is what makes it interesting.

Quoted from Tyr:
Notice, friends, how Spring does not affect INTL.

Thats because the people who post here are the same people who would always post at KoRT anyway. INTL has a smaller fanbase, so of course there is a difference.

Quoted from Tyr:
So, what do you think? KoRT going through a "phase"? Becoming the prey of changing times? Just lost its "something"?

Its just evolving like it always has. The reason I never posted much at IGOD was because it was usually the same general content over and over. Same with SPSW. KoRT has it all. But I will admit, INTL seems to be the only spin-off of OD/KoRT that I will constantly visit.
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 8 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 07:42:37 PM)

I digress, MC. KoRT is very, very repetitive. It seems to have caught itsself in a system, to me. Less people contribute fewer posts, so people that go there don't respond. It's going to take a shitload of people at one time, and lots of interesting stuff, to kick KoRT back into action.

However, like you said, INTL has a smaller fanbase, and with that there is more interesting stuff per capita. You have more of a chance, out of oh, say, 10 posts to get something really kick-ass. In that respect, it will attract more and more people, and will constantly be visted, possibly round-clock.
"That's all war is -the desire to project the penis into other people's affairs. You don't have to be an analyst to see the foreign recognition policy at work. It goes something like this- WHAT!? THEY HAVE BIGGER DICKS!? BOMB THEM!" George Carlin
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 9 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 08:40:27 PM)

I would say that KoRT is very repetitive in cases where someone makes a post, and then like 5-10 more people make a post changing one word of the subject line.
yay...?
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Reply 10 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 08:47:27 PM)

Yeah... there isn't a whole lot of understanding at KoRT.

*blames the ekonomik reccession*

Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 11 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 09:08:05 PM)

I hate to say this, but the HG forums no longer maintain my interests. The only reason I even go there is to revel in the infinite amount of banality that penetrates just about every single thread.

As much as I like Heavengames as an entity and some of the staff that makes the actual sites what it is, KoRT is beginning to lack intelligible content.

For example, I created a "In This Thread You Are A Newbie" thread and after two posts, it went to shit. I then made the "In This Thread You Are Your Exact Opposite" and after five posts, it went to shit, thereafter about 5 threads popped up which were merely rip-off threads of the ones I had previously made. It was quite a sad occurrence.

I remember a time when I would eagerly read every single post in every single thread, because the threads were entertaining and funny. Now, I can't fathom sitting and reading the entire content of a single thread there, because of the inane drivel that is contained within.

I guess the real question is whether it's always been that way and we have just grown up, or the other way around?
"Some people turn to drugs such as heroin or cocaine for their brain-wasting, body-killing, soul-destroying effects. Others turn to religion for its brain-wasting, body-killing, soul-destroying effects."
- Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka, Something Awful
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 12 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 09:40:55 PM)

I'm not sure, but you can only survive so many threads similar to "TPC's 1337 Blinking Mouse! :-D"
yay...?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 13 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 09:51:04 PM)

Quote:
I guess the real question is whether it's always been that way and we have just grown up, or the other way around?

Probably a little of both.
Guru

Ballkicks: (+66 / -21)
Reply 14 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 09:59:05 PM)

I used to vist both KoRT and The Library several times a day, but now I usually check each every other day or so. KoRT doesn't hold my interest as much as it used to, but it still has it's perks, like the stock market competition. As for the Library, I can hardly stand that place anymore. Save a few (thank you useless), almost every thread in there is about Israel/Palestine or how evil the United States is.
"The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas" - Carl Sagan
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 15 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 10:00:06 PM)

I see SPSW as a bigger and better version of the Library. Why go to the Library when you can go to SPSW?
yay...?
Magus

Benze and I should have a sad-off

Ballkicks: (+77 / -47)
Reply 16 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 10:00:51 PM)

I just don't have time right now to post regularly anywhere anymore... but in about 1 month, I will be able to.
*is Greek, nonetheless*
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 17 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 10:11:05 PM)

Quote:
I see SPSW as a bigger and better version of the Library. Why go to the Library when you can go to SPSW?

SPSW is REALLY slow on my computer. Like, 1 minute+ load times.

HG isn't all that fast, but it's faster than SPSW. Part of the reason I like INTL so much is because it's really fast.
wheezy
The Reel RS Krew
Lord Handsome

The next time you wanna call a coon a nigger, call that spearchucker a jungle bunny instead. I know, I know... nigger rolls off the tongue so easy, but there is a world of rarely used racial slurs that we need to start utilizing. White power!

Ballkicks: (+527 / -190)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 18 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 10:19:20 PM)

AOKH OD is a big pussy.
U CANT TRICK THE TRICKSTER

Moderator of the Proud Inside Discussions Forum.
boutitben
INTL Premium Member
Captain Naked Santa

LBH was here.

Reply 19 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 10:20:10 PM)

True, ice, SPSW is much slower than IN for me, but I have cable, so it's not bad enough to make me decide not to go there.
yay...?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 20 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 10:35:09 PM)

I go to SPSW, it's just that it takes so long to load pages it just isn't that enjoyable.
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reply 21 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 10:43:20 PM)

Get DSL, heathen.
Izzy[/w]
[w]Si anang tatay mo?
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reply 22 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 11:00:53 PM)

Quoted from Guru:
As for the Library, I can hardly stand that place anymore. Save a few (thank you useless), almost every thread in there is about Israel/Palestine or how evil the United States is.

I try my best. There should really be more threads there about genitals, I seem to have more to say in those threads than any others.
"In two hundred years the NRA will be reduced to a dusty handgun exhibit in the "Cause and Effect: The End Of Idiots in America" section of local museums. Yes, it's a long time to wait, but it will happen."
-Mary Dugger, in The History of Lesbian Hair
izzy

used to be really horrible

Ballkicks: (+359 / -99)
Reply 23 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 11:02:37 PM)

I've never really ever grown fond to threads about genitals.
Izzy[/w]
[w]Si anang tatay mo?
dufus

Reply 24 of 155 (Originally posted on: 05-04-02 11:09:44 PM)

Are you using 'threads' as some retro, 70s slang-type term?
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 13488 | Total Posts: 155 ]