Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > My neighbors are stealing my cable... > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 2303 | Total Posts: 58 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Ballkicks: (+171 / -76)
Reg. Date: May 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-18-02 08:05:14 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

They moved in a month ago, saw them install their own cable. I didn't care much, figuring it was some digital self-install thing. Since then, my cable internet and cable television has been acting strange as soon as they get home. The internet service can slow down from my usual 250 kbps to around 3-4kbps. It often quits completly. So, I climbed the cable pole outside, and after much observation, they are splitting my cable. I talked to them about it, and they basically said, "Yeah, we are, and fuck you."

My cable provider has been contacted, and I will enjoy watching them scramble to take down what they've installed.

www.cabletheft.com is god.
Idiot-boy: Bringing you the most goddamn annoying garbage possible since the dawn of time!
Eloquently Dislexic

Ballkicks: (+10 / -2)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 1 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-18-02 08:09:56 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I can't wait to see what your anti social, criminal neighbors do to you.
BrandNewCar

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+11 / -5)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 2 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-18-02 08:10:07 PM)

Whats there IP address, the specs of their computer and the specs of your computer?
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-18-02 08:18:01 PM)

Jesus Christ. People today. Take pictures of what they installed. No, seriously. Do it right now.
FLAMING ARROW
| "People suck." - Andy Richter
| "Is man one of God's blunders? Or is God one of man's blunders?" - Friedrich Nietzsche
| "We are now entering Hell. Please keep your hands and elbows inside the car." - Daria
| "Don't worry. I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else." - Daria
| "I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
| "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin
| "Getting a free compliment is like finding a penny on the sidewalk. Extorting a compliment is like stealing a penny from that annoying blind kid." - Christopher Titus
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Reply 4 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-18-02 08:25:59 PM)

Quote:

I'll probably end up in a dumpster with a bullet through my head.

Quote:
Whats there IP address, the specs of their computer and the specs of your computer?

Don't have IP, though we have about the same setup:

- 1 ghz Pentium 3

...etc.

Quote:
Take pictures of what they installed. No, seriously. Do it right now.

I'll try, but don't expect anything.

Basically, they're running their cable through mine, and I end up paying for them.
Idiot-boy: Bringing you the most goddamn annoying garbage possible since the dawn of time!
BrandNewCar

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+11 / -5)
Reply 5 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-18-02 08:45:15 PM)

Take pictures of it, like FA said. Then even better, if you've got a video recorder, tape them rushing up to get it off the top of cable pole.

Btw, ISP's don't deal with things like this very well, I once experience TCP/IP session hijacking on an old computer my dad ran, luckily I found out how to stop that from happening, if your in the U.S go to the police, there are special computer divisions at most stations as far as I know. If your going to speak to your ISP and or the police, make sure you don't scramble the signal, take some screenshots of your connection speed at the times of the day they change, and what times of day the family get back home,etc.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Ballkicks: (+875 / -84)
Reply 6 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-18-02 09:33:18 PM)

Quoted from Idiot-boy:
Quote:

I'll probably end up in a dumpster with a bullet through my head.

How boring. If you're going to die at least get creative people to help you out.
I dream of the bear. Once again, it shambles out of the forest. Once again, it lumbers towards me. But this time, although I am wet with fear, my fear has a different quality, and I realize that either I do not expect the encounter will kill me or I don't mind the thought of dying quite as much as I once did.
Again the bear bends over me. But instead of licking me, it opens its jaws over my face, so wide that my whole head is inside its mouth and I am looking down the dark tunnel of its throat. I feel its teeth meet through my neck, and I know it has bitten off my head. But when it lifts its mouth from my empty shoulders, I can see the world as well as ever - in fact, things have a lucidity I had never before imagined, and I think, What an effort it was to have to lug my head around with me for so long.
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Reply 7 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-18-02 09:38:49 PM)

Quote:
How boring. If you're going to die at least get creative people to help you out.

Fine. Do you have any sugestions? Maybe I could tell them to my neighbors before they make me dead in whatever way they chose.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Reply 8 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-18-02 09:51:58 PM)

Quoted from Idiot-boy:
Quote:

Fine. Do you have any sugestions? Maybe I could tell them to my neighbors before they make me dead in whatever way they chose.

Ergh, I meant to say: "If you're going to get murdered, at least have creative people do it". Sorry, my mind is completely off right now.
I dream of the bear. Once again, it shambles out of the forest. Once again, it lumbers towards me. But this time, although I am wet with fear, my fear has a different quality, and I realize that either I do not expect the encounter will kill me or I don't mind the thought of dying quite as much as I once did.
Again the bear bends over me. But instead of licking me, it opens its jaws over my face, so wide that my whole head is inside its mouth and I am looking down the dark tunnel of its throat. I feel its teeth meet through my neck, and I know it has bitten off my head. But when it lifts its mouth from my empty shoulders, I can see the world as well as ever - in fact, things have a lucidity I had never before imagined, and I think, What an effort it was to have to lug my head around with me for so long.
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Reply 9 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-18-02 09:58:00 PM)

Quote:
Ergh, I meant to say: "If you're going to get murdered, at least have creative people do it". Sorry, my mind is completely off right now.

Oh, okay then, though my previous comment still stands as my neighbors aren't very creative.
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Reply 10 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-18-02 10:07:11 PM)

Then you should be able to thwart any homocidal attempts. i'm a serial-killer :)
Wally_008

Ballkicks: (+39 / -5)
Reply 11 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 01:04:43 AM)

Well, they were creative enough to steal your cable....just not creative enough to keep you from finding out.
Wally_008 ©
dr_evil

LBH was here.

Ballkicks: (+13 / -15)
Reply 12 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 03:36:40 AM)

ok, in australia, our power through the power points runs at 240v, im not sure what yours runs at, but cut there cable down, run it into your house, and attach it to a crudely made power power point -> cable plug, and turn the power switch on, i guarantee you they wont try it again for a while
blaming guns for mass shootings is like blaming spoons for rosie o'donell being fat.
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 13 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 05:39:21 AM)

Call their utilites company and tell them you're going on vacation and want the gas, heat, and water shut off while you're away. They usually don't bother to confirm who the caller is.

or write obscene messages in their lawn with weed killer.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 14 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 12:03:08 PM)

Quote:
I'll try, but don't expect anything.

Basically, they're running their cable through mine, and I end up paying for them.

No, take a picture. It's for the police. Trust me, just do it. A picture or two of what they put in will help you out immensely.
FLAMING ARROW
| "People suck." - Andy Richter
| "Is man one of God's blunders? Or is God one of man's blunders?" - Friedrich Nietzsche
| "We are now entering Hell. Please keep your hands and elbows inside the car." - Daria
| "Don't worry. I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else." - Daria
| "I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
| "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin
| "Getting a free compliment is like finding a penny on the sidewalk. Extorting a compliment is like stealing a penny from that annoying blind kid." - Christopher Titus
Kitabatake
Fishing with Firecrackers

2efficient4spacebar

Ballkicks: (+450 / -46)
Reply 15 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 12:25:24 PM)

Yes, FA is correct. Take a picture of it, so even if they do take it down, you have some physical evidence, which helps alot.
there's no revolution anymore.
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Reply 16 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 03:36:22 PM)

UPDATE: They took it down, but I've got two (rather shitty) pictures. The cable company checked it out and I showed them the pictures. They didn't say much, but took the pictures and said they'd call me later. We'll see what happens.
Pascal
The Alpha Nerd

I love you, but why must you love the law?

Ballkicks: (+419 / -41)
Reply 17 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 05:04:28 PM)

If they don't do anything, you will have no choice but to form a rag tag group of young vigilantes intent on taking down the corrupt police force and restoring justice and freedom to your hamlet.
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Reply 18 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 05:08:04 PM)

Quote:
If they don't do anything, you will have no choice but to form a rag tag group of young vigilantes intent on taking down the corrupt police force and restoring justice and freedom to your hamlet.

I tried that once. All I got out of it was an ass kicking and various restraining orders.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reply 19 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 06:00:48 PM)

Quote:
They didn't say much, but took the pictures and said they'd call me later. We'll see what happens.

Sounds like they don't care that much
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Reply 20 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 09:19:08 PM)

Quoted from Idiot-boy:
Quote:

I tried that once. All I got out of it was an ass kicking and various restraining orders.

That's because you didn't have the aid of Vervet and her army of monkeys.
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Reply 21 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 09:38:09 PM)

Quote:

Offering?
FISHMANPET

Fishmanpet, son of Manbearpig and Girlfishpet

Ballkicks: (+102 / -63)
Reply 22 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 09:39:53 PM)

This sounds exciting. I call the role of Donald Love.
the best thing about high school girls... every year im a little older, but every year they stay the same age. - NNY
Get the sand out of your vagina man. - Wild Bill
When Soccy talks about Star Trek, it's cute. For you, it just makes me picture you in an elaborate suit with a plastic "phaser" propositioning young girls at phaser-point. - Dani
What a bunch of idiots Andy. One day, you'll be their boss. - JamesMartigo
Vervet
Anti-wiki

Reply 23 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 10:23:24 PM)

Quoted from Idiot-boy:
Quote:

Offering?

What else?
IB
Stays True to His Name

I should die

Reply 24 of 58 (Originally posted on: 12-19-02 10:38:40 PM)

Okay, then. We have Donald Love, Me, and Vervet and her Monkey Army. Anyone else wish to join our rag-tag group of vigilantes?
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2303 | Total Posts: 58 ]