Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Sports Forum: Yea or Nay? v2.0 > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1811 | Total Posts: 38 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Do you feel INTL could use a sports forum?
This poll has expired.
Yea 17 votes, 53.125%
Nay 15 votes, 46.875%
Totals: 32 votes, 103.058%
Modify Poll
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-10-02 07:19:59 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Since it's been awhile since I made the last poll, I want to see how the newer members of the forum feel about the idea of creating a sports forum. I don't think ID is a very accepting place for sports discussion, just as it wouldn't be an accepting place for music discussion. Which is why there's a music forum. And I think it will not only provide plenty of discussion, but it will also bring new forumers here. And I'm sure it will at least get more action than The Gallery.

And if it's voted down again, I won't bring the issue up again.
This reply was last edited on 12-12-02 01:09:26 PM by flaming arrow.
Jesu▀
INTL Premium Member
Healing America by Beating People Up

It's "erroneous," you uptight fairy.

Ballkicks: (+137 / -34)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 1 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-10-02 01:08:47 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

what would be the point? We'd all just make fun of synchronized swimming.
As I often like to put it, honor means nothing to The Disturbed Llama Team. Principles mean nothing to them. All they cares about is how to change the course of history. It will not be easy to argue about their inclinations. Nevertheless, we must attempt to do exactly that, for the overriding reason that it has never satisfactorily proved its assertion that obscurity, evasiveness, incomprehensibility, indirectness, and ambiguity are marks of depth and brilliance.
uselessinformation
I wasted my fucking time earning this title

cutesy gonzo journalism reference

Ballkicks: (+368 / -31)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 2 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-10-02 01:30:10 PM)

I refuse to vote on the grounds that apathy is not a poll option.
We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.
-H.L. Mencken
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 3 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-10-02 01:58:24 PM)

I'd actually make some good use of a Sports Forum, but since I'm relatively new, I don't want to impose.
"Where Zen ends, ass-kicking begins."
asthetik
I SHOULD READ THE HALL OF REJECTS MORE OFTEN!

making jabs at each other is what the internet is for you fucking idiots. oh, and for stealing things.

Ballkicks: (+333 / -161)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 4 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-10-02 04:44:58 PM)

I voted yes, so I can rave about (soccer) football.
Melanie
Banned for having ideals.

I boned Sandamnit

Ballkicks: (+43 / -6)
Reply 5 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-10-02 05:25:44 PM)

Nay, once again. It's pointless.
Bat your eyes girl, be otherworldly
Good OL MC

Ballkicks: (+66 / -15)
Reply 6 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-10-02 05:40:47 PM)

I vote yes. I think a sports forum would do well here.
These days I'd trade sight for feeling
There are days my feeling's gone
Can't figure out whose life I'm living
I don't know right from wrong
Bon Jovi
Melanie

I boned Sandamnit

Reply 7 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-10-02 06:52:40 PM)

I think it would just be another forum with dead threads with like 3-6 posts in them. Sports threads would do better in ID because there aren't that many.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 8 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-10-02 07:22:53 PM)

Maybe one of the forums could create a sticky thread for sports-related discussion.
"Where Zen ends, ass-kicking begins."
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 9 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 02:36:39 AM)

Quote:
I think it would just be another forum with dead threads with like 3-6 posts in them. Sports threads would do better in ID because there aren't that many.

By your logic, we should just get rid of The Gallery, Theater of Sound and Geek's Corner because they don't get that much traffic.
FLAMING ARROW
| "People suck." - Andy Richter
| "Is man one of God's blunders? Or is God one of man's blunders?" - Friedrich Nietzsche
| "We are now entering Hell. Please keep your hands and elbows inside the car." - Daria
| "Don't worry. I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else." - Daria
| "I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
| "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin
| "Getting a free compliment is like finding a penny on the sidewalk. Extorting a compliment is like stealing a penny from that annoying blind kid." - Christopher Titus
drahnier
INTL VIP
:iceburn:

Ballkicks: (+886 / -232)
Reply 10 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 06:44:18 AM)

hell nay

Quote:
By your logic, we should just get rid of The Gallery, Theater of Sound and Geek's Corner because they don't get that much traffic.

exactly...

all those other forums are just annoying, they get like one reply every week...the threads would get more traffic if they were at ID and the discussion would be better...
vem bryr sig om hur nätterna far? jag bryr mig inte ett spår...
bara jag får ha mitt ansikte kvar, dolt i min älsklings hår
jag är en tvivelaktig figur, duger ej mycket till...bakom ett hörn står döden på lur, han tar mig när han vill
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 11 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 06:46:23 AM)

Alright, Drahnier. You go ahead and tell Stew, Ice, Boutitben, Woadraider, Emtilt and Danielle that you think their forums suck and they shouldn't be moderators anymore because their forums don't get enough traffic for you.
FLAMING ARROW
| "Is man one of God's blunders? Or is God one of man's blunders?" - Friedrich Nietzsche
| "We are now entering Hell. Please keep your hands and elbows inside the car." - Daria
| "Don't worry. I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else." - Daria
| "I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it." - George Carlin
| "I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood." - George Carlin
| "Getting a free compliment is like finding a penny on the sidewalk. Extorting a compliment is like stealing a penny from that annoying blind kid." - Christopher Titus
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 12 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 06:56:24 AM)

alright...

what is your point?
i dont care how many moderators those forums have, theyre still fucking useless

i guess we could make forums for stamp collecting, trainspotting, coin-collecting and discussing the foreign policies of nicaragua so everyone could be a moderator somewhere...but it doesnt seem like a good idea
jag är en tvivelaktig figur, duger ej mycket till...bakom ett hörn står döden på lur, han tar mig när han vill
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 13 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 07:03:37 AM)

My point was that your reason to not have a sports forum is stupid.

When people have a forum to discuss a certain topic, they feel more motivated to discuss that topic. Notice there were very few music, computer and art-related threads before the forums were made. Then those forums filled up quite fast. It would also bring more people here.

Quote:
i guess we could make forums for stamp collecting, trainspotting, coin-collecting and discussing the foreign policies of nicaragua so everyone could be a moderator somewhere...but it doesnt seem like a good idea

Somehow I don't think stamp collecting, coin collecting, trainspotting, and the foreign policies of Nicaragua are as quite as popular as sports. Maybe if, say, coin collecting was a televised event in several countries, than maybe we would have a reason to make a forum for it.
FLAMING ARROW
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 14 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 09:26:46 AM)

well, thats because people are fucking stupid...
why wouldnt they make those threads in ID instead of TOS?

if there is no music forum and you feel like making a thread about music, you make it in ID...

also, the music thread tag is useless when we have a music forum...
think of the tag!
Stoffel
stoffel sucks; 3ms owns + is returning for round 2 lightening round bioch

Ballkicks: (+126 / -74)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 15 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 10:26:28 AM)

I agree with Drah on this. I see no point in having more pointless forums that dont get any traffic. I hardly even venture into Seriouse Discussions, much less the other three subforums.

If you would like, I will private message the mods of those forums and tell them that I think thier forums are pointless and should be done away with.
"85% of smokers said that New Years day was a good time to quit smoking. None of them will, but they still think it would be a good time to quit."
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 16 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 10:42:16 AM)

Quote:
I hardly even venture into Seriouse Discussions, much less the other three subforums.

Oh dear God, let's all do what you and Drah think. You and Drah don't visit those forums, let's shut them the hell down.
FLAMING ARROW
Tyr

I cybered with Kayte

Ballkicks: (+479 / -130)
Reply 17 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 11:48:35 AM)

I like to watch, participate, and follow sports at a national and local level. Personally, I like to talk about sports. They are a great passtime, whether you're watching or engaging. Of course, given the demographics, it wouldn't really be useful. When I've tried to make a sports-related thread in the past, the results were less than respectable. Although you do bring a valid point in that it has the possibility to attract new members, we have to consider the risks we run. The possibility of attracting 12-year old ESPN gurus is sort of demuring.

Your call, FA.
"...Try. Try. Try some more. Look how much you're failing." -Wheezy

[[/w]I think, therefore I make bullshit philosophic generalizations.[w]]
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 18 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 12:21:48 PM)

Risks? What risks? The forum might not do so good? That's a big risk.

Quote:
The possibility of attracting 12-year old ESPN gurus is sort of demuring.

We risk attracting 12 year olds every time someone says "sex" or "breasts" or anything else that would get a Google hit. So let's not let people say those words, okay?

In the end, the good outweighs the bad.
FLAMING ARROW
drahnier
INTL VIP

Reply 19 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 12:30:58 PM)

Quote:
Oh dear God, let's all do what you and Drah think

fuck him, lets just do what i think

Ballkicks: (+0 / -0)
Reg. Date: Dec 1969
Reply 20 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 03:23:34 PM)

Quoted from Zippo279:
Maybe one of the forums could create a sticky thread for sports-related discussion.
I like that idea. I personally like talkig sports. It dosn't have to be about scores or that it could be ranting about how much the cow boys suck
I don't know if up is up or if it is down, could you help me figure it out?
Melanie

I boned Sandamnit

Reply 21 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 03:39:32 PM)

Too many sticky threads at one time tend to get annoying.

*This is kind of out there, but maybe there should be some kind of "Specialty Forum" with threads designated for sports, music, writing, computers/games, and other related discussions. Maybe it would have separate threads for Sports:Football, :Soccer, :Basketball, mm i wanna suck ur cock lolthers... and even high school/college. The more popular the topic is, the more threads it would have. I think that could be more popular than all the separate forums. The forum would be set up to where you can't make new threads, but there would be a thread set aside for suggesting new topics, and the moderators would decide if it warrants a new specialty thread. Just a suggestion... Don't flip out, FA. LOL IM SUCH A FAG!!
Sixten Sparre
╔pater la bourgeoisie

wears neckerchiefs

Ballkicks: (+1184 / -307)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 22 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 04:48:19 PM)

YES YES OH GOD YES!

it's a good idea.........
PR
INTL Alumni
oh

Bassists never get no love, man.

Ballkicks: (+486 / -101)
Reply 23 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 07:55:54 PM)

Melanie - I have no idea what that means.

A subforum with individual threads for each topic?
Where can I turn for comfort? Where do the cold days end?
Where has the sunshine gone? Where do our two hearts blend?
Where has love gone and hidden? Where must I go to find?
The more I shun romance, the more love is defined.
Melanie

I boned Sandamnit

Reply 24 of 38 (Originally posted on: 12-11-02 08:37:17 PM)

Yeah, basically. After thinking about it, it's kind of unrealistic this far into INTL's lifetime. Too many threads in those forums to deal with their "replacement." They could all be shoved into the depths of ID, though. Whatever, just an idea.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1811 | Total Posts: 38 ]