Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > 16,000 > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] [ Thread Views: 1822 | Total Posts: 116 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 07-20-15 10:06:37 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

This is my 16,000th post. That's incredible.

In order to make this post not so self-serving and spammy, let's all talk about INTL and her long, amazing history.

Who would've thought we'd all be here 14-odd years later?

Everybody share their first visit/post to INTL and what their thoughts were.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 1 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 12:49:42 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

When I first joined, you guys thought I was HG Zen. That was funny.

I still don't know how I found this place to begin with.

But that made me choose my current online name, which I've used and had ever since. Everywhere. Also, you made me travel the world on my own, I've met some of you. And then some. You've made me improve my English tremendously, and gave me insight in the cultural differences between people growing up all over the world.

My first thoughts were in the range of "that's funny, let's make an account"

Edit: I was probably drunk though, so, less coherent I guess.
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 2 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 05:49:40 AM)

A few days before you returned I noticed I was approaching the top spot for most posts at INTL and I thought "shit, FA better get back here soon" so good job.
balls
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 3 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 09:20:32 AM)

I forget who I was talking to, possibly Izzy, and I was complaining that OD was boring at the time and he mentioned that "everyone" was on Sandy's forum. So, that's how I got the link.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 4 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 11:38:42 AM)

My first post was something stupid about Guantanamo.

I joined INTL because Unmotivated told me about a forum with fewer rules than Spank. Spank was my wife, but I needed a little side action at the time because our home life was stressful.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
D
Administrator

Reply 5 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 01:47:29 PM)

Quote:
Everybody share their first visit/post to INTL and what their thoughts were.

Oh oops, I didn't see this.

I came here first when Sandy invited me on IM. I wasn't part of the first wave of invites so I was slightly offended but also just happy to have been invited at all. No idea what my first post was, probably something in the style of the party-thread about kixing someone in the nads.

My first thoughts were that this place was sleek as hell and was where all my friends who got banned from OD were now posting after IGod closed down.
balls
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 6 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 01:54:15 PM)

INTL was mentioned with some frequency at KoRT and it was pretty clear it was much better so I figured I'd sign up and see how that went. I found it quite intimidating at the time.

I still do, come to think of it.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
D
Administrator

Reply 7 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 02:03:11 PM)

Wish you didn't. You're one of the few people who make OD enjoyable now, it would be cool if you posted here more.
balls
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 8 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 03:26:23 PM)

I don't recall my first visit exactly but I found this place in 2004 or so when I saw Sunny, BA and Surt visited here and I figured it would be pretty funny.

I was right but it was also very cliquey and intimidating and I really didn't post anything for a while because I didn't really want to get yelled at over the internet for accidentally breaking an arbitrary rule like "Don't post hi i'm new threads". There were kind of a lot of arbitrary rules back then.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 9 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 04:13:49 PM)

i was posting at emps forum and then some kind of internet revolution happened i guess
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 10 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 04:14:18 PM)

i vaguely remember sandamnit leading people away to salvation like he was fucking moses or whatever
D
Administrator

Reply 11 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 04:59:39 PM)

Didn't Emp close IGod down for some reason? I thought Sandamnit launched INTL after IGod went down.

Also I just remembered INTL's name before it had a name: Yeah Yeah Whatever. (I think)
balls
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 12 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 05:19:28 PM)

FA invited me here after we became random deadjournal friends (literally, I think I was clicking on the random journal button).
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 13 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 05:21:08 PM)

Yeah Yeah Whatever was Sandy's working title.

And I think he was working on INTL while IGod was still up. I think I was splitting my time between OD and IGod and I was regularly talking to Sandy on IM about the new forum he was making, and I was one of the first people who came over. My name (Flaming Arrow XI) was in reference to the number of times I'd been banned from HG, a naming trend I believe I started when I was at IGod.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 14 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 05:54:53 PM)

Quoted from CANTSTANDYA:
Wish you didn't. You're one of the few people who make OD enjoyable now, it would be cool if you posted here more.

OD...now...people post there?
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 15 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 05:55:23 PM)

I was as shocked as you were.
D
Administrator

Reply 16 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 06:16:21 PM)

It's more active than here.
balls
D
Administrator

Reply 17 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 06:16:33 PM)

Granted, not that much more active.
balls
Snook
INTL Premium Member

enlightening 6 year olds on the horrors of war

Ballkicks: (+247 / -65)
Reg. Date: Jun 2003
Reply 18 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 06:28:27 PM)

I think I first came here in late 2002/early 2003. Came for the alternative to HG, stayed for what I don't know.

I don't even know why I keep coming back here every now and then.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 19 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 06:38:19 PM)

Quoted from CANTSTANDYA:

I post there. There's a few people who are cool who don't post here, a few people who are cool who do post here, an unintentionally funny french ex-pat who is currently still attempting some form of colonialism in Africa, and a whole bunch of tools who are easy to make fun of.

It's fun
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 20 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 06:39:16 PM)

Quoted from Snook:
I think I first came here in late 2002/early 2003. Came for the alternative to HG, stayed for what I don't know.

I don't even know why I keep coming back here every now and then.

You should post here more often. i'm a serial-killer :)
D
Administrator

Reply 21 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 06:44:24 PM)

Quoted from Timeless Art of Seduction:
Quoted from CANTSTANDYA:

I post there. There's a few people who are cool who don't post here, a few people who are cool who do post here, an unintentionally funny french ex-pat who is currently still attempting some form of colonialism in Africa, and a whole bunch of tools who are easy to make fun of.

It's fun

That's a really good summary.
balls
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 22 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 06:54:55 PM)

Quoted from 2-14-06:

We don't need Wal Mart, but, as the author suggests otherwise, we need stores like Wal-Mart.

In America, we live in times where our standard of living dwarfs that of most every other society on the planet; indeed, the poorest members of our society live a better life then roughly 2/3 of the planet. And because of that, we absolutely must keep prices as low as we possibly can or our inflation in this country would rise and the annual GDP growth would shrink from 3.5% to below 1% and the average standard of living would subsequently drop as well due to the now substantially higher prices from those 'Mom & Pop' shops who can't offer products at the prices we have grown up around since the late 60's.

Wal-Mart, along with every other bargain giant, fills this need, and provides cheap consumer goods for 'daily life' at a prices which doesn't substantially subtract from us buying other things from higher-tier stores like auto dealerships, clothing boutiques, electronic stores, et cetera. Though people like to demonize Wal-Mart for what it does to its mainly poor employees, we must grow-up and realize that our lovely and comfortable middle-class lives are not a product of our industriousness or intelligence, but because of the phenomenon that is bargain superstores and their iconographic head, Wal-Mart.

QFT
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 23 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 07:13:12 PM)

i used to post at HG's subforum the library. i enjoyed arguing there because the key figures (like 5 people) were all old-school liberals with a peculiar strain of fascist tendencies. after i was banned (for critiquing their moderation policies), i went to intl to debate liberals there and their absurd belief systems. unfortunately, as the last 9 years have shown, they aren't particularly militant about them and I don't think many of them seriously believe most of it themselves

now i don't post anywhere seriously
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
D
Administrator

Reply 24 of 116 (Originally posted on: 07-21-15 07:20:31 PM)

Even vissario recognizes that the library is full of fascists.
balls
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1822 | Total Posts: 116 ]