Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > lazy ass weeknight meals > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2906 | Total Posts: 27 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-22-15 04:29:05 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

talking about real lazy meals here. This is less than an hour of cooking, bonus if you just use shit that you already have in the pantry

my favorite one is probably putanesca, it's pasta with anchovy sauce. That puts a lot of people off of it, but anchovies are actually delicious and melt into the sauce and just make it very tasty and savory so listen up

you need:

olive oil obviously
onion/garlic/shallots/some combination of those
dried chili or chili flakes
anchovies
canned tomatoes (crushed/chopped/whole, it don't matter)
pasta (I prefer spaghetti for this sauce but who cares really, we're trying to get fed here)
capers
olives (optional, but seriously you don't have olives son??)
parsley (also optional)

add the oil to the pan and heat it up, add a couple anchovies. i add about one or two per person, depends how much you like anchovy flavor. if you don't like them, just add one per person who's gonna eat it, you won't taste the fishiness of them then. cook them and they should basically dissolve in the oil, don't burn them. sweat your alliums in the fishy oil, add chili flakes and some black pepper if you feel like it. cook that down for a bit until it smells good and add the tomato and crank it. throw in your capers and olives. hopefully you've boiled some water by now, so dump some salt in that (a LOT, most people don't add enough salt to pasta water. a tablespoon of salt is about right depending on what kind of salt you're using) and throw in your pasta. Subtract one minute from the pasta cooking time. scoop out a bit of pasta water before you drain it and save it, then drain the undercooked pasta and add it to the sauce and let it cook in there, use the reserved pasta water if it's too thick, and let it finish cooking in there. stir in the parsley if you're using it and serve that shit, then eat it and go watch TV cuz it's a weeknight and you're beat as shit.

what's your weeknight recipe? I have some more I can post later too
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 1 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-22-15 05:51:40 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I usually make a giant pot of pasta on the weekends then eat it throughout the week. The sauce consists of a sauteed onion and a pepper, with some ground meat or chopped up sausage, and a can of crushed tomato. Then either a can of creamy soup or some actual cream.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 2 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-22-15 06:42:22 PM)

What I do now is this: buy a bag of frozen chicken breasts and cook one on the george forman grill. It takes like 10 or 15 minutes to cook all the way through and then I put it on a hamburger bun with bbq sauce and a tomato. It's pretty good.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 3 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-25-15 06:47:03 PM)

Super lazy "sushi" bowl:

Make some white rice in the rice cooker.
Dish it into a bowl and add seasoned rice vinegar, rice seasoning/furikake (mix that contains seaweed, dried shrimp or other dried fish bits, sesame seeds, dried yolk powder), sriracha mayo, and teriyaki sauce. Eat with chopsticks.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 4 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-25-15 09:34:02 PM)

Ice your lazy meal needs a lot of words to describe it.

My lazy meal is: find anything hanging around that looks like it tastes good, put it in a pan (or in hot water, depends on the thing) and heat it, mix it all together. add salt.
balls
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 5 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-25-15 10:34:54 PM)

yeah sorry i didnt realize i was talking to a bunch of animals
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 6 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-26-15 04:49:25 AM)

Buy a whole bunch of oily, salty curry pastes from your local, authentic Indian grocery store.
On a Sunday, chop and cook all available vegetables/meat/legumes into the sauce on medium heat.
Also make rice.
Put curry and rice into storage containers, re-heat and eat later.
bradism.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 7 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-26-15 10:20:11 PM)

Quoted from ice wolverine:
yeah sorry i didnt realize i was talking to a bunch of animals

I never got to be a bachelor and now I am and it rules
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 8 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-26-15 10:20:46 PM)

Update: just ate a bunch of pineapple rings out of a can for dinner. I used a fork but drank the juice out directly from the can.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 9 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-26-15 10:53:27 PM)

You've arrived. Welcome. Sit back, toss your shoes into the shoe-ish area and relax. I hope you like sweatpants. Of course you do.
balls
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 10 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-27-15 01:51:55 PM)

Pasta and sauce is the non-lazy lazy dinner for me.

Lazy dinners are just depressing condiments slapped on bread/toast and cereal, maybe some boiled eggs or an omelette and maybe a bowl of chopped fruit if I'm not feeling lazy. Just fruit, uncut, if I am.

I really should learn to cook simple meals. I'm pretty sure some good stuff can be made in like 20 minutes.
how is this for a quote
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 11 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-27-15 03:00:48 PM)

There are a lot of good and simple pasta sauces that can be made in the same amount of time it takes to boil water and make pasta in it. This is another one I make pretty frequently

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/amatriciana/
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 12 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-28-15 06:07:43 PM)

Made this again tonight.

http://www.kingshawaiian.com/recipes/hawaiian-ham--swiss-slider/

It is really easy and delicious and requires very little actual cooking. Can be made with any lunch meat (I didn't have ham today so I used sliced turkey and still came out great) and mild cheese. I put the dijon butter sauce inside the sandwich instead of on top and it comes out waaaaay better.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 13 of 27 (Originally posted on: 02-28-15 09:36:12 PM)

yessssss

there's a kings bakery in LA and you can get hamburgers and stuff there on fresh baked kings hamburger buns and stuff.

e: apparently they also make french motherfucking toast and now I have to go there for breakfast.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 14 of 27 (Originally posted on: 03-02-15 11:27:20 AM)

Lazy dinners for one are too easy, what if you get a date and want to impress them with your cooking? You want some decent food that's presentable and delicious and your mom will be impressed? and also easy to make?

Make some of Mingan's Orangy Chicken. Two easy steps. I swear to god if you can put together a piece of Lego from an instruction leaflet you can do this blindfolded.

First, you take a little sauce pan, and you make some sauce by adding the following;

- Sieve a bunch of orange juice (bout two thirds of a cup.) This starts the sauce.
- Grate like a half a teaspoon of zest from them oranges. Add it to the sauce.
- A tablespoon of honey. Add it to the sauce.
- Half a cup of chicken broth. Add it to the sauce.
- Some Mirin, or rice vinegar (tablespoon.) Add it to the sauce.
- Grate some garlic (1 clove) and ginger (thumb size piece.) Add it to the sauce.
- Lemon Juice (2 tablespoons.) You get the drift, add all these other things to the sauce too;
- Dash of Tabasco.
- Some black pepper.
- Some salt.
- Some chili flakes, maybe, if your balls aren't made of jelly
- Mix a teaspoon of corn starch with some water till it isn't lumpy no more, and add it too.

Boil that sauce, and let it simmer for a bit. bout five minutes? a bit.

Second, you brown some chicken breasts (upto 4 ish I guess) in a pan, and add them fuckers to an oven dish. Add some red onion rings, and some orange slices, and cover the lot with the sauce.

Put the oven dish in the oven. maybe 20 to 30 minutes at 175 degrees, or 350 Fahrenheit or whatever you use for temperature indication.

Take it out when its done. If it tastes too sweet, you added too much honey. if it tastes too spicy, you should have left off the chili flakes, if it doesn't taste like anything other than orange juice, you didn't use enough salt and pepper. if it tastes too salty, you used too much salt. pretty sure none of those things apply though, if you followed the instructions like a ten year old could have done.

Serve with some asparagus or legumes or broccoli or potatoes or whatever.
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 15 of 27 (Originally posted on: 03-06-15 03:15:47 PM)

Hashbrown casserole

1 bag of hashbrowns
2 cans of mushroom soup
1 cup of sour cream
3 table spoons of melt butter
pepper
2 cups of shredded cheese (marble, mozza, cheddar whatever you want)
diced onion
(add in diced ham or chicken)
mix in a bowl, put into a casserole dish and cook for 1 hours at 350. Om nom nom
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 16 of 27 (Originally posted on: 03-06-15 06:40:41 PM)

jeesus
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 17 of 27 (Originally posted on: 03-07-15 10:03:35 AM)

How the hell am I still fat and you can eat shit like that?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 18 of 27 (Originally posted on: 03-07-15 01:24:28 PM)

I think he's fat too
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 19 of 27 (Originally posted on: 03-07-15 07:32:52 PM)

I'm just saying if it doesn't make a difference then why am I even trying?
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 20 of 27 (Originally posted on: 03-08-15 09:22:18 AM)

Not commenting on anyone's fatness, but it's all calories in vs out. You can eat like total shit (or do so in small quantities) and balance it with working out/physical activity.
Mr Excitable
INTL Premium Member
My girlfriend is the Michelin Man

Ballkicks: (+514 / -60)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 21 of 27 (Originally posted on: 03-08-15 07:23:09 PM)

You can buy low fat items. I wouldnt suggest eating large amounts of hash brown casserole in one sitting.
Tackle 'em all. Let the referee sort it out later.
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 22 of 27 (Originally posted on: 03-11-15 09:55:57 AM)

Quoted from Zippo:
Not commenting on anyone's fatness, but it's all calories in vs out. You can eat like total shit (or do so in small quantities) and balance it with working out/physical activity.

If only it were that simple. I eat really healthy and work out, and I'm still fat. I realize that my bad habits caught up with me over time (and I like wine) but seriously, I have the routine of a really fit person and it makes very little difference in my actual weight. I'm betting I could lose weight if I did a juice fast or some similar nonesense, but fuck that.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 23 of 27 (Originally posted on: 03-11-15 10:39:58 AM)

I just did some research on juice fasts for an article, and yeah like you said they seem to be mostly nonsense. A lot of their touted benefits (quick weight loss, euphoria, deep sleep) are actually also symptoms of ketosis, which is a typical starvation response. I thought this article was interesting:

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/11/juice_cleanses_not_healthy_not_virtuous_just_expensive.html
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 24 of 27 (Originally posted on: 03-11-15 02:22:03 PM)

I haven't ever tried it, but I would be willing to try a 3 day fast just to see what it's like. I know someone who is doing a 30+ day one, and she seems to really like it. The main problem I have with it is the complete lack of fat, protein and fiber you get from juicing alone. I don't think there's a lot of harm in it short term though.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2906 | Total Posts: 27 ]