Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Snaaaaaacks > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1940 | Total Posts: 31 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
(Originally posted on: 12-13-14 08:21:37 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I love food, especially snack foods. A lot of times I will forgo actual meals and just eat a series of snacks all day long (which is particularly convenient at work) or group together 1-2 snacks as a meal. Evidently not much has changed in the last ten years, considering I made the last thread on this subject.

Snacks I've been having lately

- salted edamame in the shell (feeds my oral fixation o-right )
- hummus and pita or carrots
- feta or greek yogurt and kalamata olives with pita (first snack ever)
- string cheese (sometimes I eat 3 of these a day)
- manzano bananas (or apple bananas, richer flavor and more nutritious than traditional bananas)
- this popcorn that I discovered a few weeks ago and I'm fucking terrified because it is limited edition
- sliced hard salami

What do y'all eat to get your snack on?
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 1 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 08:53:17 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Apples are good
I also eat string cheese it's good to have around with kids too
sometimes sliced lunch meat
hard boiled egg

uh... idk probably more I actually like big meals so snacking is something I don't do as much

EDIT: Oh I know, Beer. That counts.
Ma-Newer
League of Super Sluts

It all became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision Iíve ever made in my entire life has been wrong.

Ballkicks: (+1024 / -49)
Reg. Date: Sep 2003
Reply 2 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 08:58:37 AM)

I make microwave popcorn at least once a day.
Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 3 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 09:00:14 AM)

I never knew those bananas were called either manzano or apple bananas. I think supermarkets around here usually call them like finger bananas or fat baby bananas something like that. Manzano makes much sense. Are they cheap/comparable to normal bananas around you? Here they are always pretty expensive and of seemingly poorer quality. What is more nutritious about them compared to normal bananas?

As for snacks, I eat a lot of cheese. I think right now there is 6 or 7 varieties in my fridge. Generally, slice a few pieces to bring with me for the day. I do a lot of protein bars and cliff bars as well since I don't think I get enough protein without them. I typically have nuts or some trail mix in my bag. Currently, I have both almonds and a sunflowerseed-based trail mix I threw together. I was also able to purchase a large amount of honeycrisp apples a couple of months ago so I've been carrying those on me pretty frequently. I have a big soft spot for chocolate/sweets and buy 3-5$ bars once or twice a week I will nibble on here and there for pleasure inducement. In a list:

-cheese
-protein bars
-nuts
-trail mixes
-apples
-chocolate

...just clicked that popcorn link. sounds very enticing, i could see why you'd be terrified of that going away.
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 4 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 09:50:06 AM)

Quoted from Byronic Gyro:
I never knew those bananas were called either manzano or apple bananas. I think supermarkets around here usually call them like finger bananas or fat baby bananas something like that. Manzano makes much sense. Are they cheap/comparable to normal bananas around you? Here they are always pretty expensive and of seemingly poorer quality. What is more nutritious about them compared to normal bananas?

They are about $1.50ish per pound vs the $0.40 per pound for regular bananas. If I find them and they look good, I don't mind paying a little extra for something delicious. The trick with the manzano bananas is that you want them to get super ripe and brown before you eat them. If you try to eat them yellow or only slightly brown like you would a regular banana, you are going to have a bad time. The riper the better! I've heard they have more potassium, vitamin C, and fiber than a regular banana.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 5 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 10:07:02 AM)

Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 6 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 11:57:28 AM)

I actually made this thread hoping you'd post this because I totally forgot the name of those pretzels and wanted to try them.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 7 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 12:14:43 PM)

I don't snack too much because it just makes me hungry and inevitably leads to either eating a real meal, or eating the equivalent amount of snacks to equal a real meal.
balls
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 8 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 12:17:52 PM)

Quoted from Zippo:
- hummus and pita or carrots

This and Greek yogurt and kefir have been my go to snacks.

I stopped eating sweets for snacks, and haven't had chocolate, ice cream, candy or chips in a very long time. I associate them with the pain I felt when I had a severe tooth abscess, so the lasting memory of that makes me avoid them. And, I'm pretty happy about it. Carrots and hummus is fantastic!
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 9 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 12:58:24 PM)

Quoted from Zippo:
I actually made this thread hoping you'd post this because I totally forgot the name of those pretzels and wanted to try them.

The apex of human food engineering
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 10 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 12:58:25 PM)

dp
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 11 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 02:46:17 PM)

I eat a lot of hard boiled eggs. Someone healthy I can shove in my mouth so I don't end up inhaling a sack of chips. Fruit, too.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
D
Administrator

Reply 12 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-13-14 03:34:39 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Someone healthy I can shove in my mouth

balls
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 13 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 12:52:09 AM)

atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 14 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 01:37:19 AM)

that popcorn tastes like plastic
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 15 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 01:40:38 AM)

Delicious plastic.
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 16 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 05:54:58 AM)

Have you tried the aged white cheddar from Popcorn Indiana (comes in a red bag, on the same site I linked in the OP)? Waaaay better.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 17 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 06:07:17 AM)

I've only ever seen the Chicago Style flavor in huge bags at Costco. None in any of the regular stores up here. I'll keep my eye out, though.

I also love Pirate's Booty. Basically any crunchy snack with a white cheddar flavor.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 18 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 09:15:44 AM)

Sorry you didn't like my maple pretzels
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 19 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 11:56:28 AM)

It's not that I didn't like them, it's that they challenged my perception of what a pretzel and its subsequent flavor possibilities would taste like. It's growing on me!
Dong Kollector Jax
INTL Dick Twisters

[CEMETARY MAN (1994) SPOILERS]

Ballkicks: (+136 / -33)
Reg. Date: Feb 2009
Reply 20 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 01:50:57 PM)

How very appropriate.
goatsnacks
Administrators

"When I decide to brush (maybe once a week)" -Snook, INTL's #1 Scrub

Ballkicks: (+512 / -167)
Reg. Date: Feb 2004
Reply 21 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 01:55:34 PM)

I AM A NINJA!
D
Administrator

Reply 22 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 02:16:13 PM)

Last night we at the following: fresj bread, sliced cured meats, olive tapenade, brie and boursin cheeses, grapes. And whiskey.

Basically my dream team of snacks.
balls
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 23 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 02:29:09 PM)

Meanwhile, I'm stuck with these today:

<3 this diet
D
Administrator

Reply 24 of 31 (Originally posted on: 12-14-14 02:35:27 PM)

Sunny's first picture.
balls
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1940 | Total Posts: 31 ]