Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > So...let's talk about Mobile Shit. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1704 | Total Posts: 48 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-31-13 07:22:09 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Some where along the a way I began to obsess with Android and Google at large.

This has lead to me keep very close tabs on nearly every tech development and since I bored the shit out of everyone in real life now I'm going bore the shit out of you.

Here are a couple topics I'm going throw out there for suggestions
1. I can now type ridiculous shit into Google search and it will generate amazing results
Type "My Purchases" bam, list of everything I've bought with quick links to the shipping info

"My Events" boom, calendar agenga

Google has become a search engine of my life and that is amazing

2. I'm buying a used Galaxy Nexus to replace my POS Droid X

3. Don't ever buy a phone directly from a carrier store
Banana Hammock
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 1 of 48 (Originally posted on: 05-31-13 07:54:48 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

i have an iphone and love it and i bought it from the verizon store

Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 48 (Originally posted on: 05-31-13 08:40:04 PM)

I have a blackberry
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 3 of 48 (Originally posted on: 05-31-13 09:47:18 PM)

I have an old smartphone with verizon. Contract is up, i'm thinking about buying Galaxy S4 and using ting. Anyone use ting?
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 4 of 48 (Originally posted on: 05-31-13 10:07:01 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
I have a blackberry

ahahahahahahahahahaha.

I have a droid 4 because I hate typing on the god damn touchscreen. Unfortunately nobody makes the slide out keyboards anymore so I'm thinking about moving to a galaxy note so I can just use the stylus to write stuff.

Unfortunately, my wife has vowed to call me a huge dork with a giant flat phone if I get it so I'll probabaly just get an S4.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 5 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 12:28:37 AM)

I don't have a smart phone. I have a generic phone that makes calls and sends texts and does little else. It was free.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 6 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 06:06:05 AM)

Quoted from D_:
I have an old smartphone with verizon. Contract is up, i'm thinking about buying Galaxy S4 and using ting. Anyone use ting?

Ting sponsors some of the podcasts I listen too.
*cough* google podcasts *cough*
Assuming the hosts aren't dirt bags then they're pretty high on it.

I don't think they subsidize phones so the 650$ for an S4 might be a bit pricy

Quote:

I have a droid 4 because I hate typing on the god damn touchscreen. Unfortunately nobody makes the slide out keyboards anymore so I'm thinking about moving to a galaxy note so I can just use the stylus to write stuff.

Ironically you may need to get a black berry.
I know a couple people that have Notes and they pretty much love them, although that could be an automatic defense mechanism. If your willing to carry something ginormous around you could try the Cheap Table as an ultra cheap phone experiment.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/01/05/an-experiment-my-life-with-a-nexus-7-as-my-phone/

Also the note 3 is supposed to come out in a month or two.

Quote:

I don't have a smart phone. I have a generic phone that makes calls and sends texts and does little else. It was free.

Go buy a nexus 4 and sign up for straight talk at wal-mart
Banana Hammock
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 7 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 07:48:07 AM)

Quoted from @notoriousDONG:
Quoted from Ztolk:
I have a blackberry

ahahahahahahahahahaha.

Unfortunately, my wife has vowed to call me a huge dork with a giant flat phone if I get it so I'll probabaly just get an S4.

Oh if only there was another type of phone with a keyboard
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 8 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 08:03:11 AM)

What exactly do you hate about touch based interfaces?
Banana Hammock
D
Administrator

Reply 9 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 08:56:33 AM)

Quote:

Ting sponsors some of the podcasts I listen too.
*cough* google podcasts *cough*
Assuming the hosts aren't dirt bags then they're pretty high on it.

I don't think they subsidize phones so the 650$ for an S4 might be a bit pricy

Your googleness is scaring me.

But yeah, the initial cost for the phone will be tough, but from what I can tell i'll make that money up in the phone bill very quickly and in the period of a contract, save a shitload of money. Seems like the only downside is taking that initial hit.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 10 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 09:44:24 AM)

This is really just the tip of my google iceburg

I would also give serious thought to the HTC One as well, is reviewing very well and HTC packed slightly less bull shit into it so it runs faster.
Banana Hammock
D
Administrator

Reply 11 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 09:47:00 AM)

Yea? I really don't know much about phones, but since I need a new one and S4 is just coming out and it's got lots of hype, I was just gonna get it basically for those reasons. HTC one is comparably good?
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 12 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 09:53:34 AM)

HTC One is by all accounts excellent. It's reviewing above the S4 across ther interwebs ( lets say 8 stars vs. 9 stars)

They're very similar under the hood, HTC just has some mechanical advantages

HTC
Unibody Aluminum Shell
Front Facing Stereo Speakers
4 Mega Pixel low light camera

People generally don't love HTC's android skin, and Samsung loads theirs up with lots of ridiculous software options, but yeah very close either way.

basically Samsung markets the shit out of the S4
Banana Hammock
This reply was last edited on 06-01-13 10:17:42 AM by Muzta.
D
Administrator

Reply 13 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 10:05:11 AM)

hmmm yeah I just watched this

maybe I'll go with the HTC one after all.
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 14 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 03:06:24 PM)

I have an HTC Inspire. It freezes on me a lot. I am thinking it might be a battery problem because that is when I notice it freezing the most so I sprung for an extended battery to see if the problem resolves. So far so good.

Also I've damn near broken every case I've ever had for it (including the Otterbox Defender series) even though I *never* drop the damn thing so if anyone has any suggestions for a non-POS phone case, I'd love to hear it.

And I am a retard at texting on a touch screen. My personal dictionary is filled with gibberish.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 15 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 04:07:41 PM)

I can honestly not imagine how you broke a Otterbox defender case and not your phone
Banana Hammock
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 16 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 04:08:57 PM)

I have a Note 2, and it is awesome. Yeah, it looks huge, but it fits in my pocket, fits in my hand, and the screen lets me watch movies. Plus the SD card slot, and the stylus are just bonuses.
"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame the gays than let orphans have families."
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 17 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-01-13 11:40:50 PM)

Quoted from Muzta:

Quote:

Go buy a nexus 4 and sign up for straight talk at wal-mart

I wasn't complaining.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 18 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-02-13 05:23:16 AM)

I have a Blackberry I got for free (used) and I don't care if everyone says Blackberries are shit, it works for me. I prefer keyboards too.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 19 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-03-13 10:22:27 AM)

Quoted from Muzta:
What exactly do you hate about touch based interfaces?

I have fat fingers and I miss the feedback that comes with a real button (it slows down my typing considerably). I tried the "buzz everytime I punch something" option but that was really annoying, killed my battery, and still wasn't the same tactile feedback.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 20 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-03-13 10:23:06 AM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Quoted from @notoriousDONG:
Quoted from Ztolk:
I have a blackberry

ahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh if only there was another type of phone with a keyboard

But how will I play games and what happens when RIM goes out of business?
D
Administrator

Reply 21 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-30-13 09:07:06 AM)

ok fuck it my phone spent last night rebooting itself at random and waking us up with it's stupid DROID sound which is literally impossible to get rid of without rooting the phone and it's so fucked up for so many reasons that i'm finally ready to get a new one.

I wanna get HTC One and use Ting. You said earlier not to ever buy from a provider? Why not? I don't see it for cheaper anywhere else https://ting.com/devices/buy/htc-one

Help me Dyslexic? Fuck you.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+360 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 22 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-30-13 10:19:44 AM)

I have had an Optimus V since 2011. The thing has a removable/replaceable battery that makes it perfect for camping trips or long car trips where some fuckass is hogging the 12V.

Also I've dropped it like a million times, the cat pissed on it once and I carried it in my pocket during a rainstorm on a mountain hiking trip, it still works without any issues. The thing is indestructible. If only it were 4G, then I would never think about replacing it.
FUCK. YOU. VISSARIO.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 23 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-30-13 11:49:05 AM)

I have a Sony Xperia Ray and it's the most useless piece of junk
Muzta
Lord of the Dance

Reply 24 of 48 (Originally posted on: 06-30-13 01:00:38 PM)

Quoted from D_:
ok fuck it my phone spent last night rebooting itself at random and waking us up with it's stupid DROID sound which is literally impossible to get rid of without rooting the phone and it's so fucked up for so many reasons that i'm finally ready to get a new one.

I wanna get HTC One and use Ting. You said earlier not to ever buy from a provider? Why not? I don't see it for cheaper anywhere else https://ting.com/devices/buy/htc-one

Help me Dyslexic? Fuck you.

That price is great, I'm not sure if it's locked/unlocked so it may not be possible to take to any network (except probably Sprint, if for some reason you have a need to change carriers)

I was talking more about the subsidized contracts with carriers, 3rd party re-sellers almost always have lower prices (Amazon, Dell ect...)
Banana Hammock
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1704 | Total Posts: 48 ]