Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Vision Plan... Zippo Needs Glasses > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 671 | Total Posts: 10 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-28-13 06:00:36 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So I went to an opthamologist for the first time in 10 years to get my eyes checked because I need good vision for my job, and I am getting older than dirt. Turns out I need glasses to help ease the eye fatigue.

I've never ever worn glasses before (except for sunglasses, but obviously that doesn't count). Tell me some shit I need to know about wearing glasses -- tips and tricks?
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 1 of 10 (Originally posted on: 05-28-13 06:03:07 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

1. Get contacts if your near sighted

2. Go cheap or go durable either are acceptable

3. Do not get transition lens

4. They're rattle of a list of other options, some are handy, some are not. I don't remember which are which.
Banana Hammock
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 2 of 10 (Originally posted on: 05-28-13 06:16:54 PM)

I am far sighted and not really interested in the hassle of contacts... yet. I already bought the frames -- I decided to get designer frames because I look bad ass in them, my vision plan is awesome so I got them for a huge discount, and I probably won't get another pair for at least 5 years so I want something that will last. No transition lenses -- I don't need them for driving so my Oakleys will work just fine for outside. The only special thing I got was anti-reflective coating so I don't get glare from the computers at work. Did I do good?
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 3 of 10 (Originally posted on: 05-28-13 07:11:24 PM)

Welcome to the club, bb coal

You were wise not to get contacts, they're obnoxious. I do recommend getting a pair of backup glasses if you can because you never know...you can use a pair at work and a pair at home or something if you want, or just keep the spares as spares. & always use a case. Don't be one of those fuckers that just dumps their glasses in their bag and lets them get scratched. That's not cool, and the scratches will get annoying.
Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 10 (Originally posted on: 05-28-13 10:59:23 PM)

Quote:

You were wise not to get contacts, they're obnoxious.

They're kinda irrelevant to her since she is just far-sighted, but they're not obnoxious in general. They're essential for a lot of athletic activities and such if you are near-sighted. I wear glasses 95% of the time, but couldn't imagine not having contacts for the remainder of the activities.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 5 of 10 (Originally posted on: 05-28-13 11:15:36 PM)

I just went through this. Apparently I've been living with an astigmatism for a long time now and didn't realize it.

Anyway, you can get a lot of crazy options. I have anti glare and anti scratch. The anti scratch has saved my ass on numerous occasions when falling debris has hit me in the face.

The most annoying thing about glasses is cleaning them. I don't know how they get fingerprints on them when I haven't even touched them...
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 6 of 10 (Originally posted on: 05-29-13 11:40:53 AM)

Quoted from emtilt:
Quote:

You were wise not to get contacts, they're obnoxious.

They're kinda irrelevant to her since she is just far-sighted, but they're not obnoxious in general. They're essential for a lot of athletic activities and such if you are near-sighted. I wear glasses 95% of the time, but couldn't imagine not having contacts for the remainder of the activities.

I've never had a problem wearing glasses for riding or for curling, but I guess if you do a different type of activity contacts could be good.
Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+360 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 7 of 10 (Originally posted on: 05-29-13 01:17:04 PM)

You're not old, stop it
FUCK. YOU. VISSARIO.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 8 of 10 (Originally posted on: 05-29-13 03:20:14 PM)

I have an older, crappier spare pair to wear at home and while riding my bike, but I find normal glasses are far from ideal for the latter. Contacts + cycling sunglasses would be much better (prescription cycling sunglasses would be ideal, but also too expensive).
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Zippo
pooooooop

Reply 9 of 10 (Originally posted on: 05-29-13 07:49:14 PM)

Dude, I would rock the shit out of prescription goggles. I'm in the mindset that if I am going to be wearing glasses, I am totally going to wear those glasses IN YOUR FACE like the ultimate fashion statement.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 10 of 10 (Originally posted on: 05-30-13 12:01:22 AM)

Quoted from Amphytrite:
I've never had a problem wearing glasses for riding or for curling, but I guess if you do a different type of activity contacts could be good.

I've always used them for skiing, lacrosse, and biking (and baseball back in high school and college). Prescription goggles and glasses for these activities are prohibitively expensive, but regular glasses suck. I skied once with glasses under ski goggles and it was awful.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 671 | Total Posts: 10 ]