Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Bitching Battleground Redux > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3348 | Total Posts: 61 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Vissario
jerks off to
Can't tell if reincarnated Red Chimp or just Troll

Ballkicks: (+3 / -487612)
Reg. Date: Jun 2012
(Originally posted on: 08-22-12 08:01:08 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

It's a real shame you guys took away my favorite forum! Yeah, you all should know what to do here, and since I've been having an especially fine navy day, I'll lead off:

I fucking HATE being in the navy. Sometimes my anger for it is like a boiling pot of water that occasionally simmers over and scolds everything nearby. I hate the ridiculous 24, 30, 38+ hour days that evolve from round-the-clock evolutions and general ass-hatery that the command takes upon itself to uphold. I hate the equipment breaking down and the mindless watches that I stand for 7 hour periods of time. I hate the sneaking suspicion I have that my hair is receding from the stress of dealing with this place. Most of all, I hate the constant complaining and pettiness that envelops this place; and even worse, I hate it most when I become a part of it.

If you ever meet a teenager you don't like, make sure you recommend with a straight-face that he should join the military, or better yet, the Navy!

Please, join the carnival and let the bitchfest commence.
Fluctuat nec mergitur
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-22-12 08:31:50 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

School season is about to start which means i'll no longer have the campus (relatively speaking) to myself. Which means i'll have to share the parking lot and the noisy hallways with the crowds of undergrads. I think I have some hermetic tendencies because I love peace and quiet and seclusion. I love being on campus in the summer.

On the plus side, this is a fairly expensive private school which I guess is what accounts for it being filled with gorgeous, well dressed white women. And some preppy well dressed ethnic ladies too. I can't complain on that front. Unfortunately not many of them spend much time in the engineering building, which is worth bitching about I guess.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 2 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-22-12 09:20:41 AM)

Let's see, where to start...

One of the cats I grew up with probably has cancer. My mother is having back surgery in a few days. And the HDD on my laptop died. Been kinda stressed out lately.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 3 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-22-12 03:58:00 PM)

I can't really complain about anything besides traffic and the bar. School starts monday, kinda wish I had more than three weeks off between semesters. Uh, my garage is a mess and I'm too lazy to clean it right now. Oh, and I'm tired of hearing about the election. Hooray.

Quoted from Red_Banana:
general ass-hatery

I too, hate general ass. It's so bland, common, prevalent. Eccentric ass, now that's nothing to hate.
Too lazy to reply properly.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 4 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-22-12 04:03:49 PM)

I just bought a $23000 car and I'm pretty sure it has some electrical issues the dealer was hiding from me, and they're being shady as shit about getting them fixed. To top it off, there's no lemon laws for used vehicles in Missouri, so now I get to worry about that until I can talk to them again tomorrow and then flex my "be a dick" muscles when they try and fuck me again. Gonna bring my 3 year old in with a milkshake and a big greasy burger, then let her sit in their showroom cars and eat and do whatever she wants.
"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame the gays than let orphans have families."
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 5 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-22-12 06:44:13 PM)

Quoted from Tonto Goldstein:
I just bought a $23000 car and I'm pretty sure it has some electrical issues the dealer was hiding from me, and they're being shady as shit about getting them fixed. To top it off, there's no lemon laws for used vehicles in Missouri, so now I get to worry about that until I can talk to them again tomorrow and then flex my "be a dick" muscles when they try and fuck me again. Gonna bring my 3 year old in with a milkshake and a big greasy burger, then let her sit in their showroom cars and eat and do whatever she wants.

Be sure to go when she's extra cranky!
Vissario
jerks off to

Reply 6 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-22-12 07:43:52 PM)

they're being shady as shit about getting them fixed. To top it off, there's no lemon laws for used vehicles in Missouri,

Caveat emptor!

That reminds me, fuck Europe. I lost a wagon full of money earlier this year on some ETFs I had which were invested in that god-forsaken continent.
Fluctuat nec mergitur
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reply 7 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-23-12 06:13:26 AM)

It sounds like they're gonna fix them, but I'm already tired of dealing with them. Probably won't buy from that dealership again, if I even buy a car again within the next 5 years.
"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame the gays than let orphans have families."
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 8 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-24-12 05:37:52 AM)

My cat meows really loudly in the middle of the night and wakes me up.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 9 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-24-12 11:12:06 AM)

My son suddenly decided to wake up every day an hour earlier for no real reason.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 10 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-26-12 12:05:31 PM)

My coffee maker apparently bit the dust today. My goddamn appliances are on a roll.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 11 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-26-12 12:09:46 PM)

So sorry man. I'd be a mess in the mornings without mine.
-ice
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 12 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-26-12 12:22:26 PM)

Thankfully I still have my french press. Otherwise people would have died.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Reply 13 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-26-12 12:50:30 PM)

Class starts tomorrow and I'm almost out of weed.

It sounds like they're gonna fix them, but I'm already tired of dealing with them. Probably won't buy from that dealership again, if I even buy a car again within the next 5 years.

Fucking shady dealers. I filed a BBB complaint against the one I bought a car from most recently for false advertisement. That was a bigger headache than it should have been. Took two months, but I got what I wanted out of the situation. Shitty thing is that dealer is the only one in town for my car, so to keep the warranty I have to have my services done there.

Thankfully the service department doesn't suck, and they washed the car after my most recent oil change.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 14 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-26-12 09:48:28 PM)

not so short story: at the end of june my mom smashed her head on the side of our pumphouse and a month later got totally lost and ended up pulled over by the cops at 3:30am in knoxville, 4 hours from where we live, and was completely disoriented and driving 80mph on random country roads. throughout the day she had gotten three speeding tickets in three different states and had been driving 110mph most of the time. doctors at the er in knoxville did tests and everything came back clear but when she got home two days later (my dad went and got her; she was supposed to drive home herself but once she got on the road she started driving like a maniac so my parents left one car in asheville and my friend and i got it later that week) she didn't know who my dad, her horse or i were or what the house we live in looks like so we took her to the ER, where we waited for her to be admitted for 8 hours. i spent most of my time lying on the floor outside of the exam room alternately trying to read a book my friend brought me and crying, especially after one nurse had the gall to say the words "early dementia". she was finally admitted around 3:30am and she was there for two days; thursday night (this all started on monday) she called me and sounded normal (she had no affect in her voice when she didn't recognize us) and i started bawling on the phone like a baby. the neurologist had them do every test in the book (x-ray, MRI, CT, ultrasound, PET, EEG, urine, blood, psychological, etc) and nothing came back positive. the doctor believes based on the head hitting and ensuing symptoms (cases of us all failing to connect the dots) that she has post concussion syndrome. she can't drive or go anywhere alone and she is very sensitive to light and sound, and she has had an on and off headache since this happened in june.

she's getting better but still has moments of forgetfulness and slight disorientation but both subside if she either jogs her own memory or someone else does it for her. she was terribly mean to my father throughout the memory loss and thereafter; only in the last couple of weeks has she begun to acknowledge how much he's done and tolerated while all this happened (he's been pretty much running the farm part of where we live and taking care of mom while i work, do schoolwork and do handle most of the domestic duties like cooking and laundry). she's starting to do gardening and some of the lighter farm work (feeding the horses, tending to vegetables, etc) but she gets worn out easily, a side effect of the meds she's on. she has an appt with the neurologist tomorrow so hopefully he'll tell us how she can start to move forward...she was supposed to have cataract surgery right before all this happened, and my dad thinks her sensitivity to light is partly because of the cataracts. there's just a lot of life that she has to get caught up on--medical stuff, social stuff, farm stuff, house stuff. and my dad too. pcs does however have an almost complete recovery rate though (like 98% or something lovely like that) so it's just a matter of time, but my mom gets frustrated by the amount of things she can't do or remember.

also classes started a week ago and the bookstore still hasn't sent my books but i guess the shit with my mom takes precedence over not having some books about information.
Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 15 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-27-12 05:52:25 AM)

Sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully it's just a temporary thing and she gets better.
-ice
greenidentity
Disco naps and liquorice Snaps.

It is time for some fine fine wine.....or box wine it's all good man

Ballkicks: (+603 / -81)
Reply 16 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-27-12 12:26:53 PM)

Really sorry to hear that, Amphy. That's gotta be tough to see someone you love change so drastically.

I've been super stressed lately. My cat, Moon, started becoming really ill in February. She developed a tumor in her jaw, which was cancerous. Along with this, she had been dealing with renal failure for a number of years. After the tumor came on, she started really going downhill. This affected me particularly, because she required a lot of care. I had to start giving her fluids. She would drool and bleed from her mouth. Her tumor became pinball sized, and smelled foul. I had to feed her special canned food, which she ate heartily up until she died. Since her jaw was warped, she would get wet food all over her face and chest. I remember having to wash her at least 4 times a week. That was especially traumatic, being faced with her condition so up close. She began to lose nerve function on the side of her face where the tumor grew, and eventually became blind in that eye. I went over and over putting her to sleep. I made 3 appointments to do so, and cancelled them all. She still enjoyed many things, laying in the sun, eating, being petted, laying with me. She started limping and hobbling a bit (probably arthritis) but could still make it up and down the flight of stairs that went to my room. When I came home she would always meow, and limp out to greet me. I could not, in good conscience, let her go. I felt it had to be her decision, and that we would both know when it was time.

She lasted a week after I moved into my place. I found her in a bad state one morning in May, and took her in. I feel at peace with what happened, but am still sad from the loss. I'm sure some people may say "it's just a cat", but I knew her for 20 years. She originally belonged to my dad, and I took her when he passed away.

In addition to that, the guy I've been dating (for almost a year, although long distance) recently told me "oops sorry I don't wanna do what it takes to make this sort of thing manageable oh and also my ex-girlfriend/roommate means a lot to me as a friend, so I'm not going to ask her to move out anytime soon so you'll just have to deal with that." I realize he is immature, and I should be saying "hey, fuck you" but I feel worthless and pretty heartbroken, because I fell for him hard.

Recently, one of my friends died after the 4th of July, he had a seizure at home alone. An old high school buddy just died 2 weeks ago, and though we weren't really close, it is a shock. I'm trying hard not to internalize anything, but I completely suck at dealing with loss. I still get really sad about Joel..

To end on a good note, my ex-boyfriend (the 4.5 year ex) purposely left me in debt and fucked me over financially. So I took his ass into court, and he was court ordered to give me monthly payments. He got married recently, but I'm sure his wife will end up leaving him because he is an irresponsible shithead.
You make me sick
Because I adore you so.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+360 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 17 of 61 (Originally posted on: 08-27-12 04:59:26 PM)

Quoted from Wandering Idiot:
Class starts tomorrow and I'm almost out of weed.

Fucking shady dealers. I filed a BBB complaint against the one I bought a car from most recently for false advertisement. That was a bigger headache than it should have been. Took two months, but I got what I wanted out of the situation. Shitty thing is that dealer is the only one in town for my car, so to keep the warranty I have to have my services done there.

Thankfully the service department doesn't suck, and they washed the car after my most recent oil change.

I just assume everything I buy is broken and will need to be fixed. Service plan? No get the fuck away from my car you fucking wrench-monkey shit.
FUCK. YOU. VISSARIO.
Skizzles
INTL Premium Member
Okay, Okay! I take it back. Unfuck you!

I <3 you too.

Ballkicks: (+145 / -59)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 18 of 61 (Originally posted on: 09-03-12 09:43:20 AM)

I am studying for the LSAT and it fucking blows, the legal job market is shit anyway so I probably won't even get a job after law school if I even decide to go, because going to law school costs six figures. I'll probably be in debt for decades, but it's really my only option for education beyond a BA and actually being employable. Fuck this economy.

Oh yea and I leave this place for a few years and now my lounge is gone MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Reply 19 of 61 (Originally posted on: 09-03-12 10:58:56 PM)

Quoted from ThePerfectCrock:

I just assume everything I buy is broken and will need to be fixed. Service plan? No get the fuck away from my car you fucking wrench-monkey shit.

I used to think like that but fuck it, after a while you have to realize a car is an appliance first and a hobby second. I bought a decent car with a long warranty that should last me through college and a few years of working. It's simple in design and assembly, and the engine compartment is huge so it's easy to monkey around in, but I don't have the time to fuck with waiting on parts and doing it myself. Fuck it, let the dealer take care of it under warranty. When that runs out I'll pass it on to my little brother and buy something else if I'm making decent money.
Vissario
jerks off to

Reply 20 of 61 (Originally posted on: 09-04-12 02:15:15 AM)

Quoted from Skizzles:
I am studying for the LSAT and it fucking blows, the legal job market is shit anyway so I probably won't even get a job after law school if I even decide to go, because going to law school costs six figures. I'll probably be in debt for decades, but it's really my only option for education beyond a BA and actually being employable. Fuck this economy.

Oh yea and I leave this place for a few years and now my lounge is gone MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

That makes sense: continue studying for a law degree, go further into the red, and pray for a job in a field which is in full retrenchment versus finishing with a BA and plying for a job wherever one can be found.
"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself." - A. A. Milne
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 21 of 61 (Originally posted on: 09-04-12 04:10:25 PM)

Quoted from Skizzles:

Yea sorry for the luck. I read an article recently about how going into law school is one of the biggest mistakes you can make nowadays. Being a lawyer as a career option in the mid-90's was too lucrative to be sustainable, and far too many kids were raised on the idea that being lawyer would instantly mean 6-figures. When the economy suffers, the law profession seems to be one that gets hit hard. The article I read said that unless you are attending Colombia, Harvard, or Yale law school, you'll be putting yourself in debt and will end up working as a mid-to-low-tier real estate agent for the rest of your life to pay off your debt. It's unfortunate that so many smart kids invested in the idea of being a Lawyer when the industry has taken such a steep turn downwards.

I'm not saying I'm any better. I chose to go into the sciences and I was fortunate enough that at the time the glamour was in Business and Law degrees. The difference between doing a MSc and an MBA was that my degree actually needed the kid's bad enough that they paid us to study. If they didn't give me a salary I would never have done my Master's, personally. I don't follow politics/economy all that closely, but I can sort of tell that the world is running out of room for the Business/Law/Poli-Sci majors. Too many smart kids end up becoming salesmen.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 22 of 61 (Originally posted on: 09-04-12 07:18:13 PM)

I think the last thing this world needs is more lawyers. And that's not a joke. There seems to be so fucking many of them. Hell, our country is run by lawyers. We could always use more scientists, though.
Vissario
jerks off to

Reply 23 of 61 (Originally posted on: 09-04-12 08:54:53 PM)

Quoted from arcanebrain:
I think the last thing this world needs is more lawyers. And that's not a joke. There seems to be so fucking many of them. Hell, our country is run by lawyers. We could always use more scientists, though.

According to the DoL, that is bunk too. America needs more plumbers, electricians, appliance repairmen/installers, and other "blue collar" workers to fill the ranks of boomers that are retiring. No one wants those jobs, though, because no parents wants their little Jimmy to have to sweat for a living and all the secondary school systems are in line with pumping up the demand for a college education.

The greatest scam of our generation is that you won't make a dime unless you have a degree from some college saying that you're educated to do nothing in particular. I know guys who work on welding rigs who make $80,000+ a year and the only post-secondary classroom instruction they got was a 10-month course on the fundamentals of operating a torch.
"A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself." - A. A. Milne
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 24 of 61 (Originally posted on: 09-04-12 09:06:01 PM)

Quoted from Red_Banana:
Quoted from arcanebrain:

According to the DoL, that is bunk too. America needs more plumbers, electricians, appliance repairmen/installers, and other "blue collar" workers to fill the ranks of boomers that are retiring. No one wants those jobs, though, because no parents wants their little Jimmy to have to sweat for a living and all the secondary school systems are in line with pumping up the demand for a college education.

The greatest scam of our generation is that you won't make a dime unless you have a degree from some college saying that you're educated to do nothing in particular. I know guys who work on welding rigs who make $80,000+ a year and the only post-secondary classroom instruction they got was a 10-month course on the fundamentals of operating a torch.

I can't tell if your agreeing with the post I made. Knowing you, you responded only to the last most post in the thread without understanding the context to which he replied to. Id rather give you the benefit of the doubt and think that you were adding the point I was attempting to make.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3348 | Total Posts: 61 ]