Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Eurotips > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 993 | Total Posts: 25 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 07-20-12 08:46:07 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So my ladyfriend and I got $400 each in free airline tickets from US Airways last year for giving up our tickets on an overbooked flight. Now the time is running out for us to actually take advantage of it, so we figured we'd take a trip this thanksgiving. But to where? Anywhere! We're thinking somewhere in Europe right now. I'm trying to avoid Germany Austria Switzerland Italy and Greece because I want to see a new place.

Any thoughts? Where would you go if you could go anywhere in the world?
This reply was last edited on 07-20-12 12:20:57 PM by D.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 1 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-21-12 08:09:55 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN

also I know you said avoid Italy, but I don't know if you went to the south. Southern Italy is the fuckin best
D
Administrator

Reply 2 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-21-12 08:33:07 AM)

I actually haven't been to the south. Why do you recommend Spain/southern italy so much?
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 3 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-21-12 10:02:13 AM)

I've always wanted to go here:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Dubrovnik

Also Spain. For sure.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 4 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-21-12 12:51:33 PM)

Spain and Southern Italy are great for a lot of similar reasons. Great weather, amazing food, and above all an open culture where you can just approach anyone and have a conversation. Within like 2 hours of getting into Naples, we had made like four friends from there we met in the square and just spent the whole time we were there drinking and hanging out with them.

Naples is really great, it was the first really awesome city I've been to that tourism has more or less left alone. It's not expensive and the weirdest thing is that the restaurants you read about on the internet or in lonely planet or whatever aren't total tourist traps, they really are the same restaurants that people in that city go to.

And the chicks are so hot
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 5 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-21-12 07:41:09 PM)

Even though it'll be fairly cold during Thanksgiving, I recommend Iceland. It's off-season so things are relatively cheap compared to during the high season, and you'll probably get to see plenty of northern lights. Flights run about $550 out of Boston.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 6 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-22-12 11:17:34 AM)

Quoted from loudpack masterchef:
SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN SPAIN

also I know you said avoid Italy, but I don't know if you went to the south. Southern Italy is the fuckin best

Seconded on Spain or Southern Italy, especially Spain. Sevilla and Granada are the tits. Awesome food, super cool cities, everyone's friendly.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 7 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-22-12 12:38:36 PM)

Southern Anywhere
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 8 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-22-12 04:14:49 PM)

Southern My Crotch

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 9 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-24-12 02:42:25 AM)

Please come to Spain, we need all the foreign money we can get.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
D
Administrator

Reply 10 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-24-12 10:29:11 AM)

Thanks for the all the tips guys! At the moment we're thinking of Madrid->train->Barcelona->plane->Paris->train->London (or maybe reverse order) and possibly skipping Barcelona. 10 days total.

I guess i'll be brushing up on my spanish rather than my german.
This reply was last edited on 07-24-12 10:41:37 AM by D.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 11 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-24-12 10:41:32 AM)

Quoted from It Wasn't Me:
Thanks for the all the tips guys! At the moment we're thinking of Madrid->train->Barcelona->plane->Paris->train->London (or maybe reverse order) and possibly skipping Barcelona. 10 days total

I expect Sukkit+Dimi hanging out photos from when you go to Madrid.

D
Administrator

Reply 12 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-24-12 11:07:33 AM)

I'm only going so that I can give him some sweet sweet foreign money.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 13 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-24-12 12:40:58 PM)

Cool. Please spend lots.

Hey Soccy, remember when they played Chop Suey at that pub? Good times.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 14 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-24-12 12:41:37 PM)

Please, just buy land. Lots and lots of land. tia.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 15 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-24-12 12:43:02 PM)

I forgot: you shouldn't skip Barcelona. Objectively, it's a much more interesting city than Madrid, even though it doesn't have me.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 16 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-24-12 12:54:03 PM)

Quoted from Sukkit:
Cool. Please spend lots.

Hey Soccy, remember when they played Chop Suey at that pub? Good times.

Haha, that was a good night. You've got rad friends.

Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 17 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-29-12 05:57:36 AM)

I don't know if this is too late, but depending on when and how many you are, you guys can probably crash at my place here if you felt inclined at all to come to berlin
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 18 of 25 (Originally posted on: 07-29-12 05:57:50 AM)

It's not really like the rest of Germany
D
Administrator

Reply 19 of 25 (Originally posted on: 08-07-12 01:30:59 PM)

So we bought our tickets to arrive in london and depart from madrid.. The idea at the moment remains London -train> Paris -flight> Barcelona -train> Madrid. Thanks for the offer ice but it looks like we won't be swinging by your way.

Sukkit maybe you help me out here - I want to do a sleeper train from Barcelona to Madrid so that we can save ourselves a night in a hotel and cut down on wasted travel time... but for all the people who talk about it, I can't seem to find a place to book such tickets anywhere. Do they not do this anymore? I tried renfe and a couple other sites and I can't figure it out.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 20 of 25 (Originally posted on: 08-07-12 05:39:19 PM)

Ice I'm plannin on doing a Euro trip next summer with my homeboy, and if you're still rocking Berlin I'd love to take you up on that offer if it stands.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 21 of 25 (Originally posted on: 08-08-12 01:30:26 AM)

Quoted from It Wasn't Me:
Sukkit maybe you help me out here - I want to do a sleeper train from Barcelona to Madrid so that we can save ourselves a night in a hotel and cut down on wasted travel time... but for all the people who talk about it, I can't seem to find a place to book such tickets anywhere. Do they not do this anymore? I tried renfe and a couple other sites and I can't figure it out.

I will check their sites for you but I'm not sure this is a thing for normal routes.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 22 of 25 (Originally posted on: 08-08-12 02:03:27 AM)

K apparently there's this sleeper train called Estrella, which everybody describes as "third-world train" but hey. I just did a random check for November 8th and found a Estrella train from Madrid to Barcelona which departs at 10:20 pm and arrives at 7:21 am

http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/larga_distancia/productos/estrella.html
Quote:
Berths

Compartments for 6 people with 3 berths on each side.

The compartments have an extension ladder to climb up to the top berths, a luggage area, compartment door with inner safety lock, individual light for each person, rack for personal belongings, lighting control panel and air conditioning.

They are sold as: compartments for ladies, gentlemen or mixed, when tickets are purchased individually.

A full compartment can also be booked, which includes a discount.

That's for 56,60 right now.

Personally I'd say it's hardly worth it. Might as well take a lowcost plane and sleep in a hostal when you get there.
D
Administrator

Reply 23 of 25 (Originally posted on: 08-08-12 07:43:07 AM)

Thanks for checking it out for me. Unfortunately I couldn't find one going to Madrid from Barcelona. I guess we'll just do the regular high speed train and knock the journey out in 3 hours. It's funny but that's actually the most expensive step as far as I can tell right now, the train from london to paris is much cheaper and the plane from Paris to Barcelona is much much cheaper.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 24 of 25 (Originally posted on: 08-08-12 10:31:58 AM)

Quoted from weird niggle:
Ice I'm plannin on doing a Euro trip next summer with my homeboy, and if you're still rocking Berlin I'd love to take you up on that offer if it stands.
Yeah I mean get in touch with me, I think I'll still be here
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 993 | Total Posts: 25 ]