Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Places you've been in the USA map > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4779 | Total Posts: 63 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 07-18-12 10:02:18 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Stumbled upon this website and thought it was neat..

They also have one for Canada. Fill one out and post it here. Maybe there is one for countries too somewhere.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 1 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-18-12 11:59:56 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm awesome. (doesn't include cities I've had flight connections/layovers, of course)
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
D
Administrator

Reply 2 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-19-12 07:00:59 AM)

yeah i forgot to mention that you shouldn't include that stuff because it's super lame. Also, when were you in PA/Jersey/Delaware? no way kevin bacon was not in footloose thats a fact
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 3 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-19-12 10:08:22 AM)

Also didn't include layovers or whatever. Though Utah and New Jersey were drive through states.
This reply was last edited on 07-19-12 10:25:51 AM by Trash Mod.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 4 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-19-12 01:06:26 PM)

includes a couple drive through states
D
Administrator

Reply 5 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-19-12 02:06:18 PM)

I also included drive through states, for the record. The cheapest of the ones I included will have to be West Virginia and Minnesota. I drove through the narrowest piece of WV on my way south, so I didn't even drive through it so much as I leaped over its little pan handle. And Minnesota I only drove into to say that i'd been there (I was staying in a city in Wisconsin which was right on the border).
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 6 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-19-12 02:55:37 PM)

It's okay, nobody is going to blame you for not stopping in West Virginia.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 7 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-19-12 03:06:28 PM)

Okay, so lets add some content to this thread. What was your favorite state to visit? Favorite food? Least favorite? What are some stories about the places you visited?

My personal favorite was New Orleans (also the best food). I loved how common street performers are there. I visited pre Katrina so it might be a different place now but it was so vibrant there. I pretty much spent my entire visit in the French Quarter and the culture is so on the surface (especially compared to California), It was pretty rad.

Hawaii was okay. I visited pretty quickly after my Dad passed away and I was depressed as hell. Hawaii kind of sucks when you're depressed because most of the cool stuff there takes effort to do but I kind of just wanted to lay around the hotel and watch TV.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 8 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-19-12 04:55:14 PM)

If we're counting drive-through states I'm counting all 3 miles I spent in New Jersey. 3 long, torturous miles.

I find tat there's generally good food everywhere, you just have to look for it. But I grew up in east central Illinois so I'm going to have to say Monicals' Pizza. They're a chain and their thin crust is great, but the salad dressing is amazing. There's no beating it.
Too lazy to reply properly.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 9 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-19-12 05:33:32 PM)

Worst State: Georgia, fuck Georgia

Best City: Burlington-Portland, because me and hipsters see eye to eye on exactly one thing

Biggest Surprise: Dallas was not a giant pile of shit

Additional Comments: I only drove through about 5 miles of Delaware, and I've only been in LAX
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
D
Administrator

Reply 10 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-19-12 06:43:11 PM)

Reposting mine to add additional comments.

Home State: Pennsylvania. I've spent almost all my time in the south-eastern corner. I (used to) go west a lot to visit people at college, but the furthest trips only went to State college which is right in the center. This is a wide state. I've only been to Pittsburgh once, and I was driving through. I stopped to take a piss. I was shocked at what a cool city it was, I had spent most of my life assuming it was a craphole.

Favorite State: Arizona. Maybe not "favorite" state, but it was probably my favorite trip. I loved how different it was from everything I was used to. The dry heat reminded me a bit of Greece, but different still as Greece is no desert. I fell in love with cactuses and desert plant life, I loved the gardens. The grand canyon was amazing and the drive there offered a lot of cool scenery that I was yet completely unfamiliar with. I stayed in Phoenix which felt like a completely artificial city but was still cool for a trip. My enjoyment may also have been influenced that I didn't pay for the tickets or the hotel, and the hotel I got to stay in was really damned fancy. This gave me cash to spend on fancy meals (which I could have been reimbursed for but felt guilty), so it'll also have to win best food on that alone. I also tasted a delicious beer (8th street ale?) which I'd love it if I could get it here.

Honorable mentions: The Carolinas. Took two trips to stay and party in Clemson (SC), which were surprisingly fun. Also spent a week in the Outer Banks (NC) which was beautiful and and a great time.

No comment: New Jersey and Delaware. So comfortable with these two states that they almost fit into "home state" category. Had some great times in both, but nothing much to say.

Worst state: Indiana. Fucking Indiana, man. It was just a drive-through state, but I couldn't wait to get the hell out of it. All the east coast states are pretty densely populated in comparison, even the southern ones when I thought I was "in the middle of nowhere." I had no idea what that meant until I drove through Indiana. And Gary looked like the worst place in the world. I'm sure the state has many redeeming qualities, but I drove through none of them.

Worst drivers: Virginia.
This reply was last edited on 07-19-12 08:14:16 PM by D.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 11 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-19-12 11:22:37 PM)

Also, DC, since that wasn't listed but is a neat city.

I'm from Florida, now live in Colorado.

Worst state: Kansas. No contest. Never go there.

Favorite: Louisiana or Colorado.

I couldn't pick best food - I'm a pretty big foodie and have stuff I love everywhere. Hawaii might be the worst, though. It's very hard to break through the touristy facade. There's a couple gems, but, for the most part, it's bland touristy stuff everywhere.

Hawaii is the worst in many ways and the best in many ways. It's been tourist-ified to hell which can be really obnoxious. But when you manage to escape that, it's hard to deny how beautiful the location and geography are. Hiking on Kauai is totally amazing, but god is all the touristy shit annoying. I swear if anyone ever says mahalo to me again, I will punch them.
this is where i write about alcohol these are restaurants i like
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like

This reply was last edited on 07-19-12 11:29:37 PM by emtilt.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 12 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-20-12 08:48:25 AM)

Quoted from Muzta:

Worst State: Georgia, fuck Georgia

You're not lying. Georgia makes Mississippi look pleasant, sometimes. I've written off ever visiting Florida again, so I won't be travelling in Georgia again for the rest of my life. I'd rather spend 3 more miles in New Jersey.
Too lazy to reply properly.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 13 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-20-12 10:48:39 AM)

Favorite Province: British Columbia (home province). Easily the most beautiful province (if you enjoy mountains and forests).

Worst Province: Manitoba. It was just boring to me, even though I was visiting friends there. Not much to see.

Favorite City: Halifax. Most fun I've had recently; it has a great night life full of drinking and singing maritime tunes.

Worst City: Honestly, a toss-up between Edmonton and Calgary. Both cities have wealth and good people, but not much to do.

Next May I am hoping to do this trip to go to MDF:

Favorite State: California. In particular, I really became fond of San Diego.

Worst State: Montana. It just reminds me of Alberta. Also Idaho. There's a shit ton of religious bigots there.

Favorite City: San Diego. Good climate; good people; great beaches.

Worst City: Spokane. It's passable.
This reply was last edited on 07-20-12 11:01:31 AM by Sunn O))).
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 14 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-20-12 11:31:18 AM)

Did you spend any time in other beach cities aside from San Diego?
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 15 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-20-12 06:11:24 PM)

Favorite States: Utah, New Hampshire, Vermont

I've included all that states I've actually been to, including drivethrough states: South Carolina, West Virginia, Alabama, Montana; mostly because I have no intention on ever returning to any of these states with exception of Montana, mostly because of Glacier.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 16 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-21-12 05:04:09 AM)

Suck my dick

bradism.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 17 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-21-12 08:31:06 PM)

Sunny's the only one who's been to Alaska. Shame on you guys.

I won't bother doing this because I've only been to Washington, Oregon, and California.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 18 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-22-12 09:23:08 AM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:

Favorite States: Utah, New Hampshire, Vermont

Two of the three states in the Tri-State area?
You anti Maine son of a bitch
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 19 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-22-12 11:12:35 AM)

Quoted from It Wasn't Me:
yeah i forgot to mention that you shouldn't include that stuff because it's super lame. Also, when were you in PA/Jersey/Delaware? no way kevin bacon was not in footloose thats a fact

Jersey was Princeton's admit weekend in 2005. PA and Delaware were drive-throughs. A number of states there I've driven through rather than actually spent time. Done quite a lot of cross-country driving. The drive-throughs are: PA, Delaware, Ohio, Indiana, TN, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Arizona, Oregon.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 20 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-22-12 04:23:46 PM)

I've been to Texas, Florida, and pretty much all the states that touch Ontario or Quebec. The map of that isn't too interesting.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 21 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-22-12 05:38:32 PM)

Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 22 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-22-12 07:57:31 PM)

What do you have against the West.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
D
Administrator

Reply 23 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-22-12 08:41:23 PM)

More like, what do you have against Indiana/Michigan?
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 24 of 63 (Originally posted on: 07-22-12 09:56:47 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
What do you have against the West.

Quoted from It Wasn't Me:
More like, what do you have against Indiana/Michigan?

Everything.
Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4779 | Total Posts: 63 ]