Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Anybody else do theme parks? (confirmed "I am a manchild" thread) > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 538 | Total Posts: 22 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+572 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
(Originally posted on: 06-04-12 10:59:09 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So I admit that I'm kind of a theme park junkie. I bought annual passes to Disneyland and go there with my kids like once a week (man, the look on my 13 month old son's face when we go in the Tiki Room or It's A Small World are worth every penny).

This weekend I went to Six Flags Magic Mountain with my wife (no kids) and had a blast. I haven't done any serious roller-coastering for about 10 years (and before then I didn't have enough money to do it very often anyway) but the crazy fucking rides nowadays kick serious ass.

Went on X2 which the 6 flags brochure marked as "maximum thrills". Holy shit. The seats flip around independant of the track so there are times where you're going through a loop and the mother fucking seats hurl you in the opposite direction. It felt like I was hurtling through space at 76 miles per hour.

(I didn't take these videos. Mostly because fuck dropping my camera or phone on a theme park ride)

Also Tatsu, which is apparently the worlds longest, fastest, tallest "flying coaster". I assume "flying" references the fact that the seats hang from the track and then they tilt backwords before the ride starts which leaves you hanging horizontal looking at the ground. It starts off on the side of a big hill and then zooms around the park and it is awesome. I tell people it's like strapping on a jet pack.

(That fucking loop by the way)

Anyway, does anybody else like theme parks? Any good parks/rides in your area?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 12:00:05 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

flying coasters are sweet. I haven't been on a roller coaster since I was like 15 though MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 2 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 12:16:26 PM)

Never done a roller coaster. Best i've done is a log drop.

Was a wimp about it as a child, as an adult I never felt the need to get over it.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 3 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 02:11:10 PM)

Quoted from It Wasn't Me:
Never done a roller coaster. Best i've done is a log drop.

Was a wimp about it as a child, as an adult I never felt the need to get over it.

Dude, you need more peer pressure in your life.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 4 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 03:27:21 PM)

Peer pressure is definitely a key ingredient in doing roller coasters.

A couple weeks ago I was at Canada's Wonderland. The new coaster there is called the Leviathan. It's main thing is that it goes up 306 ft, drops you at an 80 degree angle, getting a speed of 92 mph.

The whole design of the coaster is to make you float out of your seat as much as possible. If you aren't holding on tightly, you spend most of the ride nearly floating. Especially the first drop...they say it's at an 80 degree angle but it feels like you're nearly going backwards. All in all....pretty fucking exhilarating/terrifying.

In general, I love fast rollercoasters, but I don't care a whole lot for big drops. I know you need the big drops to reach the highest velocities, but I kinda prefer the fast coasters with a bunch of turns so that the acceleration from changing directions gives the sensation of speed.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 5 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 05:03:03 PM)

I looooove the big drops so I may need to go check that one out.
D
Administrator

Reply 6 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 08:06:12 PM)

I shield myself from peer pressure with a false miserly/mature attitude. "I'm not going to waste money for the possibility of being frightened," etc. Also I don't have many friends who actually care about theme parks. Adventure avoided!
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 7 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 08:33:57 PM)

The only big amusement parks I've been to are Disneyworld and Canada's Wonderland. I was 14 at Disneyworld and enjoyed myself. I was pretty nerdy so I actually liked Epcot, but Universal Studios was my favourite. I should probably go to La Ronde but so far I haven't.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 8 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 09:01:48 PM)

Now that I'm on the west coast, I definitely need to go to Disney Land. Theme/amusement parks are the tits.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 9 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-05-12 03:30:39 PM)

Matterhorn's gonna be open again next week. I guess they replaced the cars and redid the track and stuff. I'm gonna take my daughter and see how she handles it.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 10 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-05-12 03:31:11 PM)

Peer pressure's the best when it comes from your parents.
Trofozoito
i post this tag for death INTL no matter ban

Do me, huggy bear!

Ballkicks: (+317 / -54)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 11 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-05-12 07:31:50 PM)

A few days ago I went to Universal´s Island of Adventure, and even tough I always think of myself as against "touristy" shit, I have to admit I enjoyed their rollercoasters, one is called "The Hulk" and the other "riding the dragon" or something.
Despair came knocking at my door
and I let her in.
For a while.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 12 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-06-12 09:37:28 AM)

Is that in Florida?

e: nvm googled it. The Hulk looks pretty rad.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 13 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-06-12 10:43:14 PM)

I don't usually bother with roller coasters, but when I do, they're wooden. That's the Hoosier Hurricane at Indiana Beach. My cousin and I, when we were young and twice as retarded as we are now, rode this 27 times in an afternoon. Until that summer I was scared shitless of all roller coasters.

I really don't bother with going to theme parks anymore. Aside from Indiana Beach every summer for a long time, I've only been to Disney World once, as a child, and Six Flags once when I was 13. The last time I went to a theme park I was still in Korea.

The new coasters just don't sit right with me. I'm just not a fan of going 150 feet up, upside down, with a large portion of my weight resting on my balls.
Too lazy to reply properly.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 14 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-07-12 08:57:14 AM)

I think I've been on all the ones in Florida, unless they were built in the last couple years. They aren't really very interesting to me, though; I kinda hate amusement parks.
this is where i write about alcohol these are restaurants i like
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 15 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-07-12 09:23:16 AM)

I envy you... for most of my life I seem to have problems with getting nauseous/carsick easily when I go on things like that. I've never been able to handle rides and have avoided them always. Seems pretty cool though!
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 16 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-07-12 01:20:24 PM)

Same as emtilt. Been to all the Florida theme parks, and the Busch Gardens/Sea World ones are my fav.

Manta at Sea World is awesome. You are laying on your stomach the entire time (held in by a harness system) so it feels like you are flying.

flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 17 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-08-12 03:34:10 AM)

We have no theme parks in Alaska. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
D
Administrator

Reply 18 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-08-12 06:10:51 AM)

Life is a theme park! The theme is frozen tundra.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 19 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-08-12 06:10:35 PM)

I guess that's true. There's mountain climbing, snowboarding, running from bears, and so much more!
D
Administrator

Reply 20 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-08-12 11:50:57 PM)

Scooping up elk manure.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 21 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-10-12 12:03:45 AM)

There are actually no Elk in Alaska. THE MORE YOU KNOW

Edit: I take that back. Apparently a small population of Elk was reintroduced in Alaska back in the 20s. But they're localized to a couple islands, though.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 22 of 22 (Originally posted on: 06-28-12 09:39:49 AM)

Went to Disney's California Adventure. They just opened up a new Cars Land and also redid the entrance area to be like Hollywood in the 20s. It's really well done though the lines were so long I didn't go on any of the new rides.

Fuck disneyland in the summer.

e: have some pics I stole from the internet:

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 538 | Total Posts: 22 ]