Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Closure > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1774 | Total Posts: 49 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 06-02-12 05:03:44 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

How many people visit this site once or twice a month, see there's been less than a post a day since their last visit, and then leave again?

How can we achieve INTL closure? Do we all have to meet up again and cover up the death of a hooker? Is there perhaps one or two male forummers who haven't slept with Melanie that just need to get it over with? If you could cash out your karma and never visit again, can you say that you wouldn't? Honestly, is anyone's life better now than it was in INTL's 2002-2004 prime? If it is, it's probably you that's keeping the spirit of INTL alive.

Why does this website still exist?
bradism.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 1 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-02-12 06:19:03 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Quoted from Baggy_Brad:

Why does this website still exist?

Because it can? Someone (or a few) foots the bill for the server.

I check this forum about once a month now. For a while there I didn't have a computer or was too busy with real life shit. I mainly drop in for nostalgic purposes, see who's still around and active, maybe make a post.

We're all grown up, busy, and some of us hate facebook, so as long as the forum stays up we'll keep coming back here when time allows.
Too lazy to reply properly.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 2 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-02-12 08:26:07 AM)

I'm here a couple times a day at least because it's on my bookmarks and I click on my bookmarks when i'm bored. I don't lose anything from it because it's just time I would have spent on reddit or some other website anyway.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. It seems like your mad at us for continuing to exist. It's not like we're clinging to a dream; I come here for the same reason I always came here. It's a bummer that it's not as active as it used to be, but i'm not here to pretend like it is and miss the glory days. I'm here to see if anyone said anything that I can read and comment on.
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 3 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-02-12 08:59:46 AM)

Oh Dimi, I'm not mad at all. If there's anything I feel it's regret. I miss the days of posting on INTL with its former members. Now everytime I visit I feel like the pain of it's decline is only exacerbated by it's continuing presence.

I'm not thrilled by the idea of killing all connections with posters I spent years of my life collaborating with. I only want to know, how do we end this on our own terms? How do we go out with our heads held high? I don't want us to end up like the senior citizen, arriving at the same duck pond each day with our bag of crusts, having no comprehension that all the fowl flew south for winter many months ago.

I can tell there's no coming back for this once proud community. I just want to know if there's a way we can go out with a bang instead of a whimper.
bradism.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+361 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 4 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-02-12 03:53:23 PM)

Quoted from Wandering Idiot:

Hi

A few months ago INTL was invaded by a bunch of Russian spammers who had uploaded scripts to exploit the existing PHP scripts. For a while I thought the forum was unsalvagable but after working on it for a few days I managed to salvage it, upgrade the server to the most recent release of PHP5.4, pay the bill for another year and then left it running.

If you're wondering what's going to happen to the forums, I have no idea.
FUCK. YOU. VISSARIO.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 5 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-02-12 04:50:11 PM)

Yea, I've got no problem with letting this die out slowly. It's entertaining for now, don't see any reason to stop the entertainment just because it's on a decline.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 6 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-02-12 08:24:10 PM)

INTL is like your really old relative who everybody knows is gonna die soon, they just don't talk about it.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 7 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-02-12 08:54:03 PM)

Meh, I'll keep checking in while it's still around. We all have each other on facebook and there's reddit.com/r/intl which can take its place.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 8 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-03-12 02:17:47 AM)

As long as the lord and saviour Jesus Christ is our sponsor we will live on forever.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 9 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-03-12 08:06:23 AM)

i read this thread but almost didnt reply to it. i am part of the problem
D
Administrator

Reply 10 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-03-12 10:07:12 AM)

Thank god they bailed out chevy
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 11 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-03-12 11:54:23 AM)

One of these days I'd like to finish up that FAQ... perhaps once I have a more stable foothold on life.

I'm grateful for TPC for taking this over, and keeping this running. I don't keep in touch as much as I would like, but it's nice knowing this place still exists and that a thread like this can get at least 11 posts from some of the same old regular users.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 12 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-03-12 06:27:09 PM)

Will we ever find out if Sunny is a man or a woman?
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 13 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 10:09:42 AM)

I am the face of INTL's slow decline into oblivion. (Also, imagine a TS Eliot reference in this post).
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 14 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 03:11:23 PM)

I don't check it much, maybe once a week. I suppose if there were more things being posted then I'd come by more often, but I'm as much to blame as anybody since I never really contribute anything significant.

I share one of Brad's sentiments, mainly "I'm not thrilled by the idea of killing all connections with posters I spent years of my life collaborating with." I don't necessarily think we need to "kill" it or anything though. It doesn't really hurt anybody by staying open (as long as TPC is willing to pick up the tab for it).
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 15 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 07:58:16 PM)

Quoted from ThePerfectCrock:
Quoted from Wandering Idiot:

Russian spammers, managed to salvage it, upgrade the server to the most recent release of PHP5.4, pay the bill for another year and then left it running.

I remember that whole bit. That's hardly an effective excuse for why I come and go for so long, but it was an added deterrent for some time. Also, fuck chevy.

I do appreciate this place still being around, so thanks for paying up to keep it up.
Too lazy to reply properly.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 16 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-04-12 09:56:48 PM)

Quoted from arcanebrain:
Will we ever find out if Sunny is a man or a woman?

~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Vissario
jerks off to
Can't tell if reincarnated Red Chimp or just Troll

Ballkicks: (+3 / -487612)
Reg. Date: Jun 2012
Reply 17 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-15-12 08:42:21 PM)

I was absent for 3 months and you fags deleted my password. I don't know why I come back here. At first it was funny to interject in the middle of the orgy of circle-jerking that went on before, now it's the same tired "oldies" who only want to talk about how self-absorbing their own life is.

That's boring. That's why people don't show up. It's not unlike writing to an on-line diary about your day and just hoping that someone has something gratifying to say about it.

Pretty much, this place is FB without all the traffic.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 18 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-15-12 11:30:52 PM)

Jimmy?
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
D
Administrator

Reply 19 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-16-12 12:12:10 AM)

one banana two banana red banana blue banana
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 20 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-16-12 01:55:56 AM)

red fish blue fish
Vissario
jerks off to
Can't tell if reincarnated Red Chimp or just Troll

Ballkicks: (+3 / -487612)
Reg. Date: Jun 2012
Reply 21 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-16-12 03:28:05 AM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Jimmy?

fags, i'll be dropping in now and then, or maybe I won't...who gives a shit. if you figure out who I am and give me a new password, make sure they send me an e-mail
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 22 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-16-12 08:41:25 AM)

you're not really selling me here
Angus

D'oh!

Ballkicks: (+621 / -84)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 23 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-16-12 05:34:02 PM)

Time to start the Revolution.

(I would seriously join the Revolution just to have people to talk to)
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 24 of 49 (Originally posted on: 06-17-12 03:09:35 AM)

I don't think we need any closure. For years now, INTL has simply been that place where you go every now and then to check on some buddies you've known since forever. At this point, getting a new, big userbase would destroy it, since the only thing keeping 90% of us here is the familiar faces.

INTL isn't going to make it big now, and that's perfectly fine.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1774 | Total Posts: 49 ]