Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > It's just a little thread; you've probably never heard of it (musicchat) > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 524 | Total Posts: 14 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
(Originally posted on: 04-12-12 09:15:42 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So we've got like four hip hop threads and a heavy metal thread but they're all sinking fast. I figured we should have a general music chat thread instead. What are you guys listening to? What are you excited about? Go to any concerts lately?

Anyway, I don't really do concerts anymore what with the kids but I do listen to a metric ton of music. I'm keeping my tend of pretend indy bands (nothing too pretentious!) and rock because I'm turning into an old fogy fast. Anyway, I recently made a realization that I love girl bands and given my love of punk rock that goes back a ways, it was only a matter of time before I became obsessed with Riot Grrrl. Anyway, have some Sleater-Kinney:

And some fucking Bikini Kill:

And a new one thats not punk but kicks ass:

Anyway, what are you guys into right now?
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-12-12 09:41:09 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I had a pretty depressed stretch of time a few years ago, and in that time basically all music made me sad. Though i'm happy as a clam now, my caring about music never really returned. Basically I only listen to podcasts/audiobooks in the car, and usually nothing while at work or at home. For these reasons my posts probably won't be very hip since I haven't been at all "in the scene" in a long time.

Most recently I've been listening to a little bit of The Black Keys, who I've known about forever (saw them live in '07-'08) but never got an album or anything. Finally did, and they're pretty awesome. Between them and any band Jack White is in, I don't know of any other current rock bands who do rock music right.

&ob=av2e

Also I checked out John Lennon's solo stuff for the first time which I listened to for a while. Pretty good.

As well as Paul Simon's solo stuff which I had also never checked out exclusively. Also pretty good.

Past few days i've been listening to some Regina Spektor albums I downloaded forever ago at the suggestion of a friend, but never listened to much because her music is pretty girly.

Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 2 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-12-12 09:45:39 AM)

Quote:
As well as Paul Simon's solo stuff which I had also never checked out exclusively. Also pretty good.

I'm a huge fan of Graceland. Vampire Weekend reminds me a lot of it actually (and is sort of recent, though I could never be accused of being "hip"):

Quote:
Regina Spektor

I'm with you. I like her music but my wife likes it a lot more. Another one I (and aparently everyone else) love right now:

D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 3 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-12-12 09:52:21 AM)

The second song reminds me of Guster. From the other room I thought it was them.

edit: Also yea you're right, the first band does remind me of Paul Simon.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 4 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-12-12 01:42:24 PM)

Pretty much the only two bands I get excited to see live are Andrew Jackson Jihad and World Inferno Friendship Society.

Other than that, I've been listening to a lot of M83, Cults, Health, and random stuff from the 80s.

Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 5 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-12-12 01:54:18 PM)

&feature=related
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 6 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-12-12 01:57:17 PM)

Never stop listening to:

Brand New

The Blood Brothers

Brad Paisley

&ob=av2e

You'll note that I only listen to artists that start with a B.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 7 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-12-12 03:07:28 PM)

I've been listening to a whole lot of Mediæval Bæbes, despite their silly name and their wonky Middle English:

And also to Angelina Carberry, my favourite banjoist:

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Pretty much the only two bands I get excited to see live are Andrew Jackson Jihad and World Inferno Friendship Society.

Listen to this man, folks.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 8 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-12-12 03:16:17 PM)

Oh yeah, whoever uploaded that Angelina Carberry song got the title wrong. It's actually "The Brown Coffin" and "Paddy Lynn's Delight". But INTL won't let me edit my post, presumably because Dimi broke it.

Weird, I can edit your posts just fine
-Dimi
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
This reply was last edited on 04-12-12 03:44:34 PM by D.
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 9 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-12-12 11:11:32 PM)

Despite going to ~4 per week in Florida, I stopped going to shows when I moved to Boulder. It's too expensive here to go that often. As a result, I don't keep up with new new hip tunes quite as well.

And here's my favorite banjoist:

this is where i write about alcohol these are restaurants i like
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like

This reply was last edited on 04-12-12 11:20:10 PM by emtilt.
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 10 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-15-12 09:07:44 PM)

To keep up with the banjo theme, here's Steve Martin and Tony Trischka (on Ellen) picking a damn fine tune.

Cowboy Mouth. I'm forever hooked on fucking Cowboy Mouth. This is a little mash-up they've been playing for the past few years. They should have a new studio album out soon (their 8th or 9th, I think).

Other than that, I've been sticking to the Black Crowes, Ben Folds, Coheed and Cambria, Drive-By Truckers, Wheatus, and a plethora of shit at least 10 years old. Oh, and the Grateful Dead. Love the fuckin Dead.

I hit old man music syndrome early as fuck. Can't even listen to Alt Nation on Sirius anymore as it's all shit. I got rid of Sirius years ago as it's shit. Went and bought a new car a month and change ago and it came with 3 months free. I will not be renewing.
Too lazy to reply properly.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 11 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-16-12 10:57:27 PM)

emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 12 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-27-12 11:57:04 PM)

This was one of my favorite songs back in high school.

Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 13 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-28-12 09:14:15 PM)

hell yeah emtilt, that was their best song. same here
emtilt

the cow of horses

Reply 14 of 14 (Originally posted on: 04-28-12 11:10:22 PM)

And here's one of my favorite songs from long before high school.

Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 524 | Total Posts: 14 ]