Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > New Rap Music (feat. New York, Detroit, Florida) > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 2637 | Total Posts: 37 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 02-11-12 10:35:07 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

It's been a while since I did a thread like this. But this is stuff I've enjoyed that came out in the last six months or so. I hope someone reads it.

A$AP Rocky - Peso

Don't be sleeping on the ASAP crew, they have some good stuff. It's from Harlem but sounds real syrupy-southern. He's already signed to a major label so you maybe have heard of this already. This is perfect music for getting blunted. If you haven't heard it, check it out (nicko I'm looking at you)

Spaceghostpurrp - Low Motherfuckin Key
though their spelling tendencies seem designed to frustrate google searches for them, this song is super chill and i could jam on it all day. From Florida

Mr Muthafuckin Exquire - huzzah
A drunk driving balad. From brooklyn.

~~~~DETROIT SIDETRACK~~~~~

Chavis Chandler - Hands High

Outta Detroit, reminds me of Kanye. Really good production. He raps really nice even if he tends to name drop his crew a lot which makes it sound kinda amateur.

Danny Brown - Scrap or Die

So even though dude dresses super weird, he can definitely rap hella good. It's hard to listen to his solo songs but he kills as a guest star on a track. He has a really good cameo one on Himanshu's new tape (see below). This song is about stealing scrap metal from abandoned houses and has a sleazy bay area feel when he says "color of doo-doo"

~~~~END DETROIT SIDETRACK~~~~~

Metro Zu - Sell Ma Hoe

Cool new hook-based chill stuff outta these weird dudes from Miami. They did some stuff with Spaceghostpurrp. It's funny when he says "first thing first, second thing first."

~~~SUPER COLLAB~~~

Himanshu - You Have to Ride the Wave feat Danny Brown, Mr Muthafuckin Exquire

Himanshu is the punjabi third of Das Racist who just put out a pretty good solo mixtape, and Danny Brown and Mr Exquire you've already read about on this list. Dope.

THANKS FOR LISTENING
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 1 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-12-12 06:00:32 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

yeah and also on the outside chance that someone listens to this music and wants it, I can find download links for all these mixtapes I think
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 2 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-12-12 07:59:39 PM)

The Himanshu track is pretty solid. I listened to a bunch of Das Racist's Relax, and couldn't really get into it, and a lot of it had to do with the production. This seems pretty good, though. Is the rest of the mixtape similar?

Danny Brown's XXX is definitely worth checking out, so I'll second that.

Mr. Muthafuckin eXquire's Lost in Translation was all right, but he released some other stuff recently that I wasn't too big on. Definitely the highlight from Lost in Translation is the Huzzah remix featuring a bunch of great guests with pretty solid verses all around:

And then El-P's "Drones Over BKLYN" released back in September as a preview for his upcoming album, which I am excited to hear:

how is this for a quote
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 3 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-13-12 02:03:54 AM)

The Heems mixtape is really long but pretty good, there are some pretty rad songs where he raps with some indian guys. like this:

I really really like Danny Brown as a featured artist but I haven't really been able to get into his solo stuff as much. Most of it is just too grating kinda.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 4 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-14-12 03:39:42 AM)

Spaceghostpurrp is one of the best amateur producers out there right now. check this shit, dayum

http://sortahuman.bandcamp.com/track/early-morning-feat-dizzy-d-jk-tha-rapper-prod-by-spaceghostpurrp
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 5 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-15-12 02:28:44 PM)

I am a fan of ASAP Rocky. He is going to be in New Orleans in a week or so. I am going to go see him.
Buy me a drink. Buy me a drink. I'm better than you are but not as good as I think.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 6 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-20-12 03:23:06 AM)

ALL OF THIS RAP sucks.

OLD SKOOL 4 LIFE
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 7 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-20-12 03:38:38 AM)

This is a thread for "new rap music" though
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 8 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-20-12 12:19:23 PM)

actually I'm gonna give you +k for that anyway because somehow you managed to post in this thread without saying anything racist
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 9 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-20-12 07:08:37 PM)

Vissario loves old school hip hop. It's finally 1990 in the suburbs.
Buy me a drink. Buy me a drink. I'm better than you are but not as good as I think.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 10 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-20-12 07:59:19 PM)

Quoted from loudpack masterchef:
actually I'm gonna give you +k for that anyway because somehow you managed to post in this thread without saying anything racist

I'm glad we can agree that bitches ain't shit.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Hasty Penguin
get in the box

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Reply 11 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-22-12 01:05:53 PM)

Not to continue the El-P only train, but this sounds pretty cool:
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/13122-big-beast-ft-bun-b-ti-and-trouble/
how is this for a quote
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 12 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-25-12 03:06:46 PM)

I really like this thread. It needs to keep going. I watched everything in here and I liked it. I am glad El-P is still going strong. I have liked him since Stepfather Factory.

I am really out of the loop on new music right now.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 13 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-25-12 03:12:24 PM)

&feature=related

This dude is like the white Ghostface.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reply 14 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-25-12 04:13:27 PM)

gotta love when somebodys holding down motown
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 15 of 37 (Originally posted on: 02-28-12 04:03:42 PM)

I keep waiting for El-P to blow up. He is such a good MC. He is almost permanently in the background like Devin the Dude and until a few years ago, Three Six Mafia.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 16 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-14-12 05:44:04 AM)

Hey Lil B you got any adopted cats today?

Uhh yeah bitch I got some
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 17 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-14-12 05:50:57 AM)

PS guys can you critique my playlist? I'm "djing" (i.e. sitting in front of virtual DJ for 2 hours with some headphones on) a speed dating night and this is my playlist so far. Any suggestions that might fit the general mood here?

Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 18 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-14-12 05:51:23 AM)

It's not in any particular order btw
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 19 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-14-12 12:35:03 PM)

Yo Ice I heard about Lil B on NPR of all places last night. Apparently academics are enamored with him for building up his social media "cult of personality".
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 20 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-14-12 01:50:37 PM)

everyone is enamored with him. they all want him to fuck their bitch
Hasty Penguin
get in the box

Reply 21 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-15-12 04:00:55 PM)

I've been listening to Tobacco a bit, and the music seems cool, but a lot of the songs sound kind of the same right now. I don't know. Might be of interest:

Also, enjoy a good remix from Fingathing (new album out... some time soon? Grand Central Records had some great stuff.):

Edit:
Also I forgot this:
http://premrockandwilliegreen.bandcamp.com/album/radio-dial-blockhead-remix

I don't know much about the original, but I've also been listening to Blockhead for a while (new album out also soonish), and he makes good beats.
how is this for a quote
This reply was last edited on 03-15-12 06:55:34 PM by Hasty Penguin.
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 22 of 37 (Originally posted on: 03-31-12 10:04:20 PM)

DrNick your playlist needs more Lil Boosie and Gucci Mane.

ICe have you heard Spaceghostpurp has been signed to 4AD if you can believe it. I know this isn't hip-hop but I feel this must be posted:

Joker ft. Newham Generals
Hasty Penguin
get in the box

Reply 23 of 37 (Originally posted on: 04-01-12 09:55:33 PM)

Here are a couple videos:

Plan B - ill Manors (The Prodigy Remix)

I like the production on the remix.

Also this:

A nearly 30-minute video is available and linked in the side. This shortened version has a couple of new tracks. The sound quality isn't the greatest, but it's all I can find right now. The first two minutes of the linked video I love. Cancer for Cure is going to be killer. If anyone knows some stuff that sounds similar to that first song, I'd love to hear it. I love how dark and angry it sounds.
how is this for a quote
Hasty Penguin
get in the box

Reply 24 of 37 (Originally posted on: 04-25-12 04:25:42 PM)

Pretty slick. Killer Mike and Despot are both nice. Not sure if they're better individually or together, but this is good.
how is this for a quote
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2637 | Total Posts: 37 ]