Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Where were you on September 11th, 2001? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 599 | Total Posts: 9 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Simfish II

Ballkicks: (+7 / -0)
Reg. Date: Feb 2007
(Originally posted on: 09-09-11 09:57:27 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Where were you? What were you doing? How did you find out? What did you do as an immediate reaction? What were you thinking?
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 9 (Originally posted on: 09-09-11 11:51:20 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Study Hall, freshman year of high school. The principal came over the PA system and made an announcement that the world trade centers had been bombed. At the time I didn't know what the world trade center was and basically had no understanding of the context. After study hall I had gym, and talked to other people who were similarly oblivious. We acknowledged the wtf factor but also joked around that we would be next in a lighthearted way.

Every other class had their TV's on and were watching the news coverage. By the time I had a class with a TV in it, the teacher said "i'm sure you've been watching this all day in your other classes, so we're going to try and forget about it and go on with the material."

I got home still not knowing wtf, and then watched the news for like 2 days straight. I took a break to argue with a (particularly dumb) friend who didn't understand why I didn't think we shouldn't immediately flatten the entire middle east with nukes. I remember her main argument cited that footage they showed of Palestinians celebrating in the streets. "If they are celebrating people dying then they should all die too."
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 2 of 9 (Originally posted on: 09-10-11 04:07:09 PM)

I was in science class.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 3 of 9 (Originally posted on: 09-10-11 08:02:26 PM)

I was in bed watching the early-morning live broadcast of the Today show, about to fall asleep, when they broke in with reports that a plane hit one of the towers of the World Trade Center. I remember thinking "how the fuck do you manage to crash into the world trade center?" It reminded me of that story about the military plane that hit the Empire State Building, and as I thought about the probability of it being an accident, boom, the second plane hit. So then I woke my mom up and we watched the chaos.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 4 of 9 (Originally posted on: 09-10-11 08:27:39 PM)

In the afternoon the teacher said that we should wait until we have all the facts and avoid jumping to conclusions. Then 14 year old wiseass me said "I blame the middle east."
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Baggy_Brad
FIGJAM

Cool.

Ballkicks: (+1431 / -135)
Reply 5 of 9 (Originally posted on: 09-12-11 04:16:43 AM)

Up at 1am on a school night posting on the AoKH OT Forums!
bradism.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 6 of 9 (Originally posted on: 09-12-11 09:20:51 AM)

I was driving to work. A zany comedy morning show that I used to listen to was all somber and talking about a plane hitting the wtc. It was really pretty shocking.
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 7 of 9 (Originally posted on: 09-12-11 07:21:33 PM)

On the bus to school in grade 8, being told by some old guy on the bus who was a regular bus person. I also learned what the World Trade Center was on that day... We got to spend the entire morning watching shit about it on TV.

Yesterday I pretty much forgot what day it is. But whatever, I live in Canada
“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, vermögen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darüber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”
Yogi
INTL Premium Member
The Hero of Canton

check out my color filters

Ballkicks: (+129 / -58)
Reg. Date: Mar 2003
Reply 8 of 9 (Originally posted on: 09-13-11 03:19:24 AM)

Got home from school, turned on TV, special broadcast, either right before or right after the second plane hit.
The Big Deal
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 9 of 9 (Originally posted on: 09-23-11 03:37:17 AM)

zionist conspiracy
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 599 | Total Posts: 9 ]