Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > The awkward moment when you once again incorrectly predict the rapture > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 797 | Total Posts: 11 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
(Originally posted on: 05-21-11 03:42:55 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I only really heard about this two days ago, but according to my facebook feed everyone is aware (and continually trying to make joke's about the last thing their doing) of this guy's nutball prediction. I wasn't really sure how significant his prediction is in the US, I personally wouldn't have even known about it without facebook, but since my Australian and UK friends are mentioning it I was curious.

http://www.huliq.com/12079/how-will-howard-camping-spend-judgement-day-may-21st

I kind of feel bad for him, if he wans't suggesting 97% of us were about to enter into eternal damnation and all. I'm just surprised it's become such big news, when from what i've read his only really fame or notoriety is hosting a Christan radio show?

Oh well, there's always 2012.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 11 (Originally posted on: 05-21-11 05:14:44 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I've seen a lot about him on the interwebs; apparently his organisation is driving around North America advertising the fact. This is the same guy who wrote a book about how the world would end in 1994.

http://twitpic.com/4zpah8
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 2 of 11 (Originally posted on: 05-21-11 06:26:34 AM)

There was a wildcard that NO ONE saw coming.

Buy me a drink. Buy me a drink. I'm better than you are but not as good as I think.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1306 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 11 (Originally posted on: 05-22-11 08:09:49 AM)

That's amazing.

Also, even if you believe all the biblical text, Matthew 24:36 clearly states that no man will know the day. What's interesting to me is the number of people who are disappointed that it didn't happen. It speaks volumes about current morale levels (assuming some truth to every joke).
how is this for a quote
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 4 of 11 (Originally posted on: 05-22-11 08:20:25 PM)

Yea I don't know anybody personally that actually took it seriously and for that I am thankful. Nothing happened and I don't know anybody that talked about it with anything less than sarcasm and irony.

The thing that scares me is when people show sarcasm in talking about the Rapture prediction, only to justify it by saying the world will end in 2012 because of the Mayan "prediction" (which we all know is a very generous interpretation). It's kinda strange how people can dismiss an outrageous claim in regards to a religious apocalypse, yet maintain faith in an equally ridiculous "mayan" apocalypse.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 5 of 11 (Originally posted on: 05-22-11 08:24:13 PM)

Yeah the guy took out bilboards.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 6 of 11 (Originally posted on: 05-23-11 03:26:31 AM)

New York Magazine reports the story of Jeff, a Long Island firefighter, who ordered a pizza shortly before 5 p.m. on rush delivery, thinking he might not have time to eat it.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 7 of 11 (Originally posted on: 05-23-11 05:51:25 AM)

Quoted from too busy bitchin':

The thing that scares me is when people show sarcasm in talking about the Rapture prediction, only to justify it by saying the world will end in 2012 because of the Mayan "prediction" (which we all know is a very generous interpretation). It's kinda strange how people can dismiss an outrageous claim in regards to a religious apocalypse, yet maintain faith in an equally ridiculous "mayan" apocalypse.

On the other side, if you look at the vans and billboards that the 2011 people were sending out, they had a 2012 in a crossedout sign. It's funny how they think 2012 is totally ridiculous but 2011 makes perfect sense.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 8 of 11 (Originally posted on: 05-23-11 06:52:53 AM)

What's funny is that we give these people the time of day. What's scary is they have the money (donations) to make us pay attention.
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 9 of 11 (Originally posted on: 05-23-11 08:59:26 AM)

Quoted from too busy bitchin':

I can understand that, as the source's are different. I don't see how it scare's you as it's simple enough to see why someone might favor one over the other, depending on belief's.

I mean as far as it goes i'm pretty happy to be on the side that doesn't see the impending doom of the world coming from anything but our own actions, but it doesn't surprise me at all that their are people who believe otherwise.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 10 of 11 (Originally posted on: 05-24-11 02:48:04 AM)

I'm not sure people take the Mayan apocalypse seriously. It's just become a pop culture thing.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 11 of 11 (Originally posted on: 05-24-11 02:52:59 AM)

I just use it as a justification for having no ambition/future
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 797 | Total Posts: 11 ]