Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Apparently Osama bin Laden is dead > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4250 | Total Posts: 67 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 05-01-11 08:20:05 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Mission accomplished!
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 1 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-01-11 08:46:13 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

We can do whatever we set our minds to!
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 2 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-01-11 09:02:13 PM)

This means the budget is fixed, right?
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-01-11 09:16:41 PM)

I was watching Sunday night baseball (Mets at Phillies) when it happened, and the crowd found out via Blackberry's. They started chanting "USA! USA!". Oh america omg yah rite fag lol
Wandering Idiot
INTL Premium Member

Surely something dumber has come up since my apparent forgetfulness for STDs and doctor visits.

Ballkicks: (+257 / -16)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 4 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-01-11 10:02:38 PM)

I'm enjoying the fact that there is literally a crowd growing outside of the white house.

I wonder what kind of celebration sales we'll see from this? Budweiser 12 packs - $1 off 'OBL is dead' special'?
Too lazy to reply properly.
Acheron
INTL Premium Member
If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free.

is this guy acheron???????? hahaha acheron you big fag

Ballkicks: (+224 / -116)
Reg. Date: Mar 2004
Reply 5 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-01-11 11:48:36 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Mission accomplished!

8 Years to the day since that announcement.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 6 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 12:51:01 AM)

happy intl labor day yall. burn a cop car
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reply 7 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 02:59:50 AM)

Quoted from too busy bitchin':
I was watching Sunday night baseball (Mets at Phillies) when it happened, and the crowd found out via Blackberry's. They started chanting "USA! USA!". Oh america omg yah rite fag lol

Cheering against the guy who masterminded the bombing of your home country isn't isolated to America..
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 8 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 04:27:05 AM)

Quoted from some dude at another forum:
I could not be happier!! PP John Paul II has been beatified, and on the way to becoming an official saint, and Osama Bin Laden has been slaughtered! Go America! Go Catholicism! This is too frickin' good to even be true! American Catholic Pride Forever!

Hahaha.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 9 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 04:35:23 AM)

Good Symbolism
probably not tactically significant
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 10 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 05:17:22 AM)

Quoted from Scruffy - The Janitor:
This means the budget is fixed, right?

Also you can bring shampoo on planes now.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 11 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 08:32:04 AM)

How to warp this into a conspiracy theory... hmm.
Buy me a drink. Buy me a drink. I'm better than you are but not as good as I think.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reply 12 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 10:54:46 AM)

Quoted from Trouser Gravy:
Osama's been on ice (dead or captured (and now killed)) for years just to pop this little gem at a perfect time to quell the uprising of the republicans?

or, Obama sold America's soul to Pakistan in exchange for the info?

or, It's a trap! Osama isn't dead at all but playing for the same team - if everyone thinks he's dead, he'll have free reign to terrorize the american public into giving up more of their precious freedomz?
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 13 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 11:55:36 AM)

Yay, he's dead. Somehow that's actually a larger pain in the ass than before.
"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame the gays than let orphans have families."
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 14 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 12:19:54 PM)

Quoted from IF0:
Quoted from too busy bitchin':

Cheering against the guy who masterminded the bombing of your home country isn't isolated to America..

They weren't chanting against terrorism, they were chanting in support of a country that has found itself in the largest economic depression since the 1930's, and with pride of an assassination that took 10 fucking years and resulted in phenomenal loss of civilian and military lives on both sides.

USA! USA!
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 15 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 12:56:22 PM)

I think when the relatives of a murder victim witness the execution they don't open a champagne bottle. I don't know, it's a matter of class. We kill people because it has to be done, but throwing a party afterwards is a little too much. We should be beyond that.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 16 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 01:03:23 PM)

Yea, that.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 17 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 01:52:11 PM)

Quoted from Trouser Gravy:

The government will now set off a nuke in the States, blaming the detonation on Al Queda retaliating and also with terrorist satellites. They also blame the radiation Americans are currently discovering on their food as not a result of the incident in Japan, but terrorist attacks. That should be enough to work with.
how is this for a quote
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reply 18 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 04:28:57 PM)

I guess... to me, it is just arbitrary cheering and who really cares. If you want to read into a baseball crowd cheering, go for it.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 19 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 05:01:43 PM)

Apparently the whole thing was nearly blown by wikileaks and the information that lead to the killings was obtain from a prisoner held at gitmo

Hurray for extreme moral ambiguity
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/03/osama-bin-laden-abbottabad-hideout
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 20 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-02-11 05:05:10 PM)

It was a crowd of 59,000 civilians in one high-density location. In fact I'd be willing to bet that it was the largest communal gathering in all of America occurring at the moment the news broke. I wouldn't disregard their reaction as hogwash just because they are sports fans that likely had a few beers in them. I mean, wouldn't that describe over half the population at any given moment? I'm not writing any thesis about it, but I do think it epitomizes the reaction of general America to something fairly inconsequential as the death of one person. USA! USA! USA! It's not like Osama's death will yield any correlation to terrorist threats moving forward, but hey, USA!

As Sukkit mentioned, the real victims of the 9/11 attacks are the people that lost loved ones in the attack. I sincerely hope that they took the news with a quiet dignity that a small piece of justice has been served. I would also hope that they would have been more satisfied if bin Laden was captured alive and faced a global tribunal in a court of law for his actions.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 21 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-03-11 02:35:34 AM)

Tart's just mad that Canadians don't have anything to mindlessly cheer over other than vapid hockey games
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 22 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-03-11 06:41:49 AM)

The logistics of Osama having a global tribunal are insane. It never could have happened, at least not in a way that would satisfy people.

As far as Americans cheering, you're thinking about it wrong.

It's been a goal of this country to capture or kill bin Laden for 10 years. 10 years ago he attacked this country and created many more victims than you're allowing for. Yes, the people who lost loved ones are the biggest living victims, but because of his actions along with an overzealous administration, we've lost civil liberties, our sense of security, and we're still stuck in two bullshit wars. He was the catalyst. He set all this in motion. So yeah, I'm happy he's dead, I even toasted to it with my friends.

If you want to think of me as low class because I was celebrating something that was largely symbolic to our struggles living in this country, and especially being in the military in this country, then fuck it, think what you want. I'll just think of you as close-minded foreigners who haven't had 3000 people killed by a terrorist attack on your country's soil. People who haven't been that 15 year old in 1st period, waiting for the bell to ring, only to hear your principal come on the intercom and explain what just happened. People who didn't turn on the TV in time to see the first tower fall, skip their next class with the rest of their school to keep watching and watch the second tower fall.

You haven't had that moment. You haven't had the knowledge that the mastermind, the financer, and the all-around dick who made this happen has been playing hide-and-seek with your country for the last 10 years.

But you know what, fuck him. I'm glad he's dead, and I'd toast to it any day of the week.
"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame the gays than let orphans have families."
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 23 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-03-11 07:06:41 AM)

Hello, I'm from Madrid.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 24 of 67 (Originally posted on: 05-03-11 07:27:44 AM)

I'm aware. What was the effect of the 2004 bombings on your country's civil liberties and mindset? I'm not asking to be a dick, I genuinely want to know. My response was a little annoyed because I really don't like the kneejerk fap....fap........fapAmericafap....fap........fap I've been seeing in the past few days. I don't know what your country has been doing in searching for al Qaeda or any of that, I just know that from the experiences I have in this country, the reaction is understandable, if not a little odd.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4250 | Total Posts: 67 ]