Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > The Linkery > "aww cute" to "holy shit!!!" > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Ztolk
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1395 | Total Posts: 15 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
(Originally posted on: 04-19-11 02:58:45 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

&feature=player_embedded
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 15 (Originally posted on: 04-19-11 06:54:57 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

That was horrible. You could title this video "the difference between dogs and cats" though.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 2 of 15 (Originally posted on: 04-19-11 07:15:29 PM)

You mean, the cat provokes the mother, and the dog is innocently hanging out nearby, totally unaware that he's about to get stomped out? Or do you mean that the deer mistakenly sees the dog as the threat, while it's the cat that is the one trying to claim ownership of her calf?

Maybe you mean the way the dog takes a beating while the cat escapes unharmed...To which I will say this: I read the news article linked on the main youtube page for this video, and apparently the dog in the video was hit by a car a few years before. In the accident, the dog broke his hips making him unable to run, suffered hearing loss, and lost one of his fucking eyes. The dog had no awareness of the threat the deer posed mainly because he was physically unable too, and had done nothing to provoke the attack other than "looking vaguely like a wolf".

Yea, he got stomped out. What did he do to deserve it? Oh yea, it's the CAT that was the one pissing around with the deer's calf. I know you're a cat person so you blindly see the cat as being the superior creature in this, but clearly the cat was the one who fucked over a wounded dog.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 3 of 15 (Originally posted on: 04-19-11 08:18:15 PM)

What the fuck did doggie do?
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 4 of 15 (Originally posted on: 04-19-11 08:39:09 PM)

stomped for lookin like a wolf
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 5 of 15 (Originally posted on: 04-19-11 09:26:54 PM)

Quoted from too busy bitchin':
You mean, the cat provokes the mother, and the dog is innocently hanging out nearby, totally unaware that he's about to get stomped out? Or do you mean that the deer mistakenly sees the dog as the threat, while it's the cat that is the one trying to claim ownership of her calf?

Maybe you mean the way the dog takes a beating while the cat escapes unharmed...To which I will say this: I read the news article linked on the main youtube page for this video, and apparently the dog in the video was hit by a car a few years before. In the accident, the dog broke his hips making him unable to run, suffered hearing loss, and lost one of his fucking eyes. The dog had no awareness of the threat the deer posed mainly because he was physically unable too, and had done nothing to provoke the attack other than "looking vaguely like a wolf".

Yea, he got stomped out. What did he do to deserve it? Oh yea, it's the CAT that was the one pissing around with the deer's calf. I know you're a cat person so you blindly see the cat as being the superior creature in this, but clearly the cat was the one who fucked over a wounded dog.
Pretty sure he meant that the dog just laid there and took it, while the cat hauled ass as soon as the deer attacked. Of course, I'm going to go ahead and guess that FA didn't read the article attached to this video, so he was likely unaware of the dog being half-blind and deaf, having, literally, no idea what the fuck hit him.

I know that the dog was just an innocent bystander and I definitely feel bad for the poor guy, but I really think his owners are irresponsible douchebags. For one, if you own a half-blind and deaf dog, you don't let him wander around the neighborhood unattended, so I'm guessing that the woman screaming "STAR" was the owner. That said, what the hell was she thinking to allow him to just wander around with a fucking mother deer and calf hanging around? Due to the way the video was edited, the deer was clearly hanging around the neighborhood long enough for her to gather the dog up and get him/her out of harm's way. Further, apparently this town has had a ton of pets injured by deer, so she's a fucking idiot for not IMMEDIATELY getting her dog inside as soon as the deer showed up, or oh, I don't know, not letting him out if there's a fucking deer hanging around.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 6 of 15 (Originally posted on: 04-19-11 11:24:50 PM)

Deer aren't exactly known for being roving bullies. Once while walking through a trail, I came upon a clearing that was packed with deer. Male, female, children (as far as I could tell, i'm not expert).. It was frightening. One strong buck could probably kick my ass if it wanted, 100 deer could pound me to dust. But they didn't. They calmly went about their business as I shit my pants and tiptoed through the clearing.

In any case, I see shit 10 times more gruesome than this on Animal Planet at any given moment. Wasn't exactly as horrified as so many people seem to be.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 7 of 15 (Originally posted on: 04-19-11 11:51:16 PM)

I think it's more the fact that this happened in the middle of a suburb that is most shocking to people. Of course, watching a lion eat a gazelle is gonna be more gruesome, but that rarely happens at your doorstep. Most people live in a world divorced from the brutality of nature, so when it comes to their front yard, it's quite a rude awakening. Not to mention the fact that most people view deer though a Disney lens, so it's shocking to see a deer do something like this, especially toward an animal that is so easily identified with from a human perspective. As for deer not attacking humans, it has a lot to do with the fact that humans haven't been stalking and pouncing on deer, viciously ripping off their flesh for thousands of years, so they tend to view humans as relatively benign.

Having read the blog posted by the owners of the dog, in addition to the comments left by other people, I'm pretty convinced that the owners of the dog are completely irresponsible morons.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 8 of 15 (Originally posted on: 04-20-11 06:26:49 AM)

Are deer in towns a common sighting for people who don't live in big cities?
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Shadowe

I kinda want to see that up someone's ass

Ballkicks: (+90 / -84)
Reg. Date: Dec 2004
Reply 9 of 15 (Originally posted on: 04-20-11 05:08:19 PM)

Pretty much any kind of larger wild animal sighting isn't very uncommon for anyone living somewhere near a functional natural ecosystem, you've got to be fairly well insulated by developed areas on all sides in order to keep larger animals out. Even where I am right near Orlando I still see the occasional bigger critter.

Shocks the hell out of people when one of the more or less tame mallards gets slammed out of nowhere by a bird of prey.
Hanlon's Razor: Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 10 of 15 (Originally posted on: 04-20-11 05:29:23 PM)

Yea Ztolk, pretty much anything north of Barrie would be very prone to this sort of thing. And even further South....I know there are places around McMaster where occasional Deer sighting is not out of the ordinary. It's not quite commonplace in Hamilton, but it can happen. Any city located along the Green Belt of Ontario would expect this to happen occasionally, and that pattern would increase significantly the further North you go. Hell, Detroit is well-known for having a fair amount of deer population within the city-core, although that's because of urban blight.

My Dad once lived in a small town in (now) Nunavut territory, and they have a similar problem...only with fucking POLAR BEARS. The only difference is, when a Polar Bear wanders into town, they don't bother trying to shoo it away. Instead, they call up homes and tell people to stay the fuck inside. Polar Bears are way to deadly to try to control. My Dad always says that up there, Humans aren't the top of the food-chain, the Polar Bear is.

But back on topic, I'd agree with you Sandamnit that it's probably their fault for not keeping better tabs on their dog. I'm sure you read the blog/article, and they say that "Star" was very docile and very well liked by the neighborhood, perhaps trying to justify not having him on a leash. I wouldn't really accept that, myself. The deer can only be blamed for acting on it's natural survival instincts, which the dog certainly lacks (both for being domesticated, and being injured).

The cat kinda prompted the situation, but likely aggravating the deer and triggering it's survival instincts. Yea it's kinda cute to see it nuzzling up against the baby deer (is that called a fawn?), but to the adult that's definitely a gamebreaker.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 11 of 15 (Originally posted on: 04-29-11 01:15:58 AM)

I didn't read the article or know any background on the dog. My comment was just on what I saw in the video: cat running, dog not. I didn't know the dog was crippled. That's fucking horrible.
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 12 of 15 (Originally posted on: 05-03-11 10:21:26 PM)

I searched until I saw the blog you guys are referring to and it was only when I found out that both the dog and the cat were ok that I didn't feel sick. Probably didn't help that I'm laying here with my cat nuzzled up on my chest.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 13 of 15 (Originally posted on: 05-04-11 09:23:09 PM)

It's funny how no sympathy ever goes to the doe and fawn. The fawn was clearly too weak to be wondering around on it's own, and the doe was extremely protective after recognizing a foreign scent on it's child (the cat's scent). It recognized the dog as a the biggest threat, and reacted as any mother would if they had the power....stomp that shit out.

The cat's arrogance is really what bugs me the most about this video. After it sees a weakened fawn, it reacts in a way that I can only see in two ways: 1) ownership over the animal and looking to express it's dominance, or 2) carnivorous and ultimately intending to execute. I tend to think it's #1 because it doesn't appear to be hostile to the fawn at all, but only becomes hostile when challenged by the fawn's mother (and legitimate "owner", of sorts). Either way, the cat's arrogance is what caused the reaction by the doe and ultimately caused the dog to pounded out.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 14 of 15 (Originally posted on: 05-05-11 02:47:26 AM)

While you're defending the doe for behaving naturally, you're attacking the cat for doing the same? The doe was being a doe, the cat was being a cat.

Also, I don't think you can ascribe a human behavior like arrogance to an animal. Arrogance requires pride and I don't believe a cat is capable of such a feeling.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+573 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 15 of 15 (Originally posted on: 05-06-11 07:09:31 AM)

Quote:
Arrogance requires pride and I don't believe a cat is capable of such a feeling.

Bullshit. Every cat I've ever met has been an arrogant asshole.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1395 | Total Posts: 15 ]