Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > slam down > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4092 | Total Posts: 53 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
(Originally posted on: 03-18-11 07:28:23 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

This has been on the news at the news at the moment in Australia. Whilst taking out my aggression towards some bitches I live with via tearing apart someone's face book argument in defense of the bully, I thought it might be interesting to post on everyone's favourite forum. I don't know how long it will stay up for considering youtube keeps taking the video down.

I think the bully got what he deserved, and whilst I can appreciate that the bully could have had his neck broken or worse, I still think it was a just punishment. I also disagree in that the kid being bullied was the one who got suspended over the incident. The bully's mum was shocked and said 'in some ways he did deserve what he got'. I actually feel really sorry for her, because she seems disgusting by his behavior but more distraught at the internet popularity it's getting.

Not quite the same, but I remember when I was in highschool calling a girl who had decided to start picking on me an anorexic bitch via saying to my friend "Sarah, you know what? I'm so glad you're not an anorexic bitch" while we were all standing around in a group waiting for a teacher. Funnily enough she left me alone after that, and even tried in some ways to suck up to me later in the year.
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 1 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-18-11 08:04:06 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

This is how I felt after watching that:

&feature=related
“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, vermögen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darüber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 2 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-18-11 08:06:55 PM)

so in Australia, the bullies are literally half the of their "victims". interesting.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 3 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-18-11 09:45:27 PM)

So this is really only a problem because it happened at school. If it had happened out on the street, the parents would just discipline their kids and that would be that. I had a terrible temper until I was ten, and it used to be a neighbourhood game to make fun of the tall kid until he went crazy and chased you down. As a bonus, you sometimes got to fight that kid if he caught up to you. It was good exercise, and he couldn't hit that hard, although if he caught you, you usually got pinned and took a few shots to the face before he went inside in tears. I was only ever bullied outside of school, and it's a good thing, too, because it's a sure thing that teachers don't (and usually can't, without some sort of absurd penalty) do anything about it.

My parents were always sure to point out that no matter what the other kids had said, being violent was worse and didn't solve anything. They also mostly laughed at how upset I got until the day I took a garden spade out of the garage before commencing pursuit across the field next door. Then they apparently considered getting me some therapy, but I became extremely patient out of nowhere when I was ten, so that was the end of that.

Also, I got suspended for getting kicked in the balls in grade eight. It was considered "involvement in a fight". That was idiotic and I did a week and a half's worth of homework in my afternoon off and spent the next day relaxing and playing games on the computer.

So I guess my opinion is that violence is dumb and doesn't solve anything, but I'm glad the kid stuck up for himself when he was getting punched. Any one of those other kids could have stepped in and told that little dude to cut it out. They're entirely complicit in this, and they need to be taught to interfere when something obviously wrong is happening. It really does make a difference to have someone else step in and defend you, and let you know that someone sympathizes with you, even if the bullying doesn't stop. The few times I was able to help out someone being made fun of, or quite literally attacked in gym class, it usually resulted in a new friend, and more often than not, a notable change in confidence for that person as well.

So that's some of my life shoehorned into an opinion on this news story.
how is this for a quote
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-18-11 11:55:55 PM)

Kid had it coming.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 5 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-19-11 09:59:46 AM)

"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
Reply 6 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-19-11 11:16:17 AM)

Never got bullied. Never really bullied (there was one kid in elementary school and one in junior high, but they both had it coming).

In high school, we had 2,000 people so even the weird kids had a big enough group to hang out with. Wasn't a whole lot of bullying going on since everybody had multiple friends.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 7 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-19-11 11:34:03 AM)

They removed the video does anyone have another link?
IF0
Administrator

Reply 8 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-19-11 12:18:45 PM)

Apparently YouTube has been removing them as quickly as possible because they involve minors and violence, which is against their ToS.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 9 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-19-11 01:00:22 PM)

Minors and Violence sounds like a band name
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 10 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-19-11 01:46:56 PM)

That's bullshit; there are tons of minor violence videos on youtube.

"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
neon

Reply 11 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-19-11 06:19:31 PM)

If you type in 'casey' and 'bully' then you'll usually find a link.

&feature=related

Actually it's getting harder to find them. Go to 1:10 to see it
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 12 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-19-11 08:58:05 PM)

chick in purple is a babe
Agon
Vodka and Lip Gloss
INTL Best Dressed List

when i finish my cut in a few months i'll show you my shiny new abs.

Ballkicks: (+322 / -63)
Reg. Date: Jul 2004
Reply 13 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-19-11 09:54:02 PM)

Thanks for your contribution to this discussion ice. omg yah rite fag lol
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 14 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-20-11 03:35:25 AM)

That wasn't justified, it's clearly a case of excessive force. That kid could have punched the bully in the face at any time and that would have been the end of it.

Yeah, the bully had it coming but he's a kid, and kids are immature jerkasses. There's a reason why they're not legally responsible for the things they do.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
neon

Reply 15 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-20-11 04:33:28 AM)

A Current Affair is a really retarded show, but anyway.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 16 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-20-11 04:46:17 PM)

Quoted from Grott the Hoddle:
There's a reason why they're not legally responsible for the things they do.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh what? I'm pretty sure they are.
Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 17 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-20-11 05:47:27 PM)

I know your country is big on executing minors and mentally challenged people, but it's not the same everywhere. Sure, they're responsible in that they can be legally punished, but they're in a different legal cathegory for a reason.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 18 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-20-11 07:35:26 PM)

Quoted from Grott the Hoddle:
Sure, they're responsible in that they can be legally punished, but they're in a different legal category for a reason.

But they're still held responsible. Legally. In America and I would imagine in Australia too.
Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
IF0
Administrator

Reply 19 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-21-11 02:10:40 AM)

Yes, Sukkit, when a 17 year old arranges a group of people to torture an elderly woman to death, they may execute them.

Otherwise, the juvenile justice system is there to prevent children from becoming involved in a life of crime by demonstrating preventative/restorative measurements versus punishment. We could probably do for some more asinine national stereotypes though.

To respond to the first retarded comment you made, excessive force? That's assuming that that kid wasn't picked on every day, punched in the face by that same kid routinely, etc. When you're surrounded by a fucking circle of kids watching you get punched in the face WHILST RECORDING and just goading things on and not helping, any little faggot trying to show off by being a bully needs to be body-slammed. And hopefully he learns from it, or else I hope he gets body-slammed into something more sharp. There's a reason this kid has become an internet hero - a lot of these internet people were nerdy little shits in school that got picked on. I bet TPC would've loved to bodyslam some bitches. Makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than defending bullying.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 20 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-21-11 02:18:13 AM)

Quote:
Otherwise, the juvenile justice system is there to prevent children from becoming involved in a life of crime by demonstrating preventative/restorative measurements versus punishment.

hahahaha
IF0
Administrator

Reply 21 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-21-11 02:25:25 AM)

Quote:
The juvenile criminal justice system operates according to the premise that youth are fundamentally different than adults, both in terms of level of responsibility and potential for rehabilitation. The treatment and successful reintegration of youth into society are the primary goals of the juvenile justice system, along with overall public safety.

Quote:
The goal of the juvenile justice system is to deter juveniles from future illegal acts.

Quote:
The first juvenile court was established in 1899 in Chicago as a byproduct of the Progressive Era.Before this, anyone under the age of seventeen who committed a crime was placed in the same system as adults. However, by this time, social views had begun to change. With recent discoveries and research by psychologists, many started to see juveniles as youths who had simply lost their way, rather than as hardened criminals. It was believed that with proper structure and disciplinary guidelines instituted, a youth could be rehabilitated and become a productive member of society.

Quote:
The qualifications for what designates the focus of the juvenile justice system is to rehabilitate juveniles, rather than to imprison and punish them.

That's what it's there for... there are several stark differences to the adult criminal justice system (different terminology, incarceration periods, constant chances to redeem yourself or just not commit anymore crimes, counseling, confidentiality, etc.). If your homies continued to commit crimes, then yeah they probably got punished.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 22 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-21-11 02:51:19 AM)

First of all, the juvenile justice system is a joke. It's just a place to throw kids while you wait for them to be old enough to put in real jail. Secondly, Sukkit was clearly referring to the US's own unique (to developed democracies) tendency to try juveniles as adults.

also,
Quote:
The United Nations General Assembly adopted the Convention and opened it for signature on 20 November 1989 (the 30th anniversary of its Declaration of the Rights of the Child). It came into force on 2 September 1990, after it was ratified by the required number of nations. As of November 2009, 194 countries have ratified it, including every member of the United Nations except Somalia and the United States of America. Somalia's cabinet ministers have announced plans to ratify the treaty.

nice not-so-subtle racism there too btw
IF0
Administrator

Reply 23 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-21-11 02:58:13 AM)

Well obviously, it doesn't work as well as it optimistically would, like most all criminal justice systems . The public doesn't like to give more taxes to those worthless criminals, as it were.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 24 of 53 (Originally posted on: 03-21-11 04:36:02 AM)

Quote:
But they're still held responsible. Legally. In America and I would imagine in Australia too.

But they're still in a different legal cathegory because they're not held to be responsible the same way as adults, which was the point.
Quote:
To respond to the first retarded comment you made

And fuck you too!
Quote:
excessive force? That's assuming that that kid wasn't picked on every day, punched in the face by that same kid routinely, etc.

No, excessive force is excessive force because it was way above what was needed to deal with the situation. He was bigger and stronger than the bully, he destroyed him the moment he tried. He could have bitch-slapped him any time. Would he had been justified to carry a gun and shoot the bully in the face next time he attacked him? No? Why? Because excessive force.
Quote:
There's a reason this kid has become an internet hero - a lot of these internet people were nerdy little shits in school that got picked on.

Well, the internet is not a beacon of morality. There's a reason Anonymous have become internet heroes of sorts.

Honestly, your whole post seems to be based on an appeal to emotions, "well how'd you feel if it was you", subjective stuff, which is as far from legal and moral reasoning as possible, and yet you have the nerve to call my comments retarded.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4092 | Total Posts: 53 ]