Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Pretension Palace: i don't like that band because you've heard of them > TV comedies that don't fucking suck ass > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] [ Thread Views: 10398 | Total Posts: 93 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
(Originally posted on: 03-10-11 01:23:45 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

If you are thinking about saying big bang theory or two and a half men you can fuck right off. fuck right off.

What are the funny shows out there, man? Past and present, I guess.

I like (in no particular order):
-It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
-Curb Your Enthusiasm
-The League
-Arrested Development
-Flight of the Conchords
-Dmetri Martin Show
-Jon Dore Show
-30 Rock
-Futurama&Simpsons
-Southpark
-King of the Hill

EDIT: added to the list
This reply was last edited on 03-10-11 05:33:29 PM by poop.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 1 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 03:05:47 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Modern Family
The Middle (it's either horrible or hilarious depending on your tastes)
Hot in Cleveland
30 Rock I guess

Can we count Daria? Because that show was fantastic.
Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 2 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 03:13:27 PM)

I used to really like watching Frasier, but there were some clunker episodes for sure. It's probably the only show with a laugh track other than Mr. Bean that I can stand to watch.

Corner Gas was a pretty decent series, too. The cast went on to make a couple of other shows, but neither is as good, from what I hear, and I haven't been bothered to watch much TV at all recently.

I know Community is pretty popular, and I've seen a couple of episodes that seemed like it was all right.
how is this for a quote
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 3 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 03:54:17 PM)

Quoted from Hasty Pumpkin:

Corner Gas was a pretty decent series, too. The cast went on to make a couple of other shows, but neither is as good, from what I hear, and I haven't been bothered to watch much TV at all recently.

I liked Corner Gas enough, but yea, the new Brent Butt shows are downright terrible.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 4 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 04:16:43 PM)

Futurama
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 5 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 05:11:24 PM)

There's not much to add to Tartarus's list. I think 30 Rock is quite good - it's very clever writing and very well cast. Community is spotty - there are episodes of brilliance and some that suck horribly.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 6 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 05:38:54 PM)

I added Futurama and 30 Rock to my list, along with South Park and King of the Hill. I kinda forgot about animated shows.

I watched a few episodes of Modern Family, but it didn't really keep me interested. It was decent, but it never really got me interested. I also felt that the main "dad" (not Ed O'Neil...the blond girl's husband) was just a direct rip-off of Michael Scott.

And about The Office.....It's way too late to just "let it die". It feels like a zombie that's died many years ago but is continually resurrected in attempt to eat our brains. Ricky Gervais has always been good about ending a show when the ideas stopped coming...but the USA Office just ran with mediocrity for way too long. I'm not even excited to see it end this coming season...because in my mind it died pretty much in Season 4 or 5.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 7 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 05:47:42 PM)

OH. Keeping Up Appearances.
Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
Hasty Penguin
get in the box

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Reply 8 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 05:52:22 PM)

I forgot animated shows, too. Some of my favourites are Spongebob Squarepants (yes, it's often less than great, but when it's good, it's hilarious), the old Pink Panther and Roger Ramjet cartoons, and also The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. The latter was funny to me for a wide variety of reasons, and really did have a couple of great episodes. There's a huge amount of meta humour and absurd wackiness that sold me on it. There are also a few crap episodes and a terrible holiday special. Overall it's still good, though.

edit:
Whose Line is it Anyway? is pretty solid, although a bunch of the episodes have rather dated references. Apparently a new show has started in the same vein? I heard it was pretty heavily scripted for an improv show, and Whose Line was already boxing the players in as it was.
how is this for a quote
This reply was last edited on 03-10-11 06:39:38 PM by Hasty Penguin.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 9 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 06:21:17 PM)

I'm gettin down on the Thursday night NBC line-up. The Office (US), Community, Parks & Rec, Outsourced, 30 Rock, etc.

I think Community and Outsourced are my current favorites, very refreshing cast in both.

Love Modern Family on abc (I think) and Shameless on Showtime with Will H. Macy is fucking hilarious.

Portlandia and Funny or Die Network are great new sketch shows in a Whitest Kids You Know sort of vein; Portlandia is kind of hipstery, ice might love it. FDN is pretty out there and ridiculous, maybe like a funny, R-rated version of MadTV.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 10 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 06:44:58 PM)

Interested in seeing H. Macy on a show...will look into Shameless.

Any of you guys like Human Giant? Aziz Ansari is awesome.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 11 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 08:50:55 PM)

Surprised only one person has mentioned Parks and Recreation. That show is utter brilliance!

The Ricky Gervais show has been pretty hilarious from the start.

The Onion News Network series has been pretty good so far, too.

Aside from that, I'd just like to reiterate The Office, Community, 30 Rock, Big Bang Theory, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Modern Family, and Futurama. Probably forgetting a few, but I'm limiting myself to shows currently on the air.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 12 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-11-11 12:19:48 AM)

Community
An Idiot Abroad
Outsourced can be funny, but the storyline is terrible. They need to stop trying to make sense and just focus on the funny bits.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 13 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-11-11 10:31:48 AM)

I'm a fan of community as well. It probably comes as no surprise that I'm a Joel McHale fan.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Reply 14 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-11-11 02:04:01 PM)

right, forgot about Always Sunny and Archer.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 15 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-11-11 10:37:59 PM)

Oh yeah, Archer is fantastic! The second season has been even better than the first.

If you like Archer, you should also check out Frisky Dingo, which was an Adult Swim show a few years back made by the same guys (Adam Reed) with the same kind of animation style, but without the big name voice actors. Basically, the main character, Sterling Archer, is loosely based on one of the most hilarious characters from Frisky Dingo, Xander Crews.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

Reply 16 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-13-11 11:44:28 PM)

that reminds me, I forgot to get some pickles.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 17 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-14-11 10:22:02 AM)

...for a party

wanna come?

there'll be pickles

if i get some
Hasty Penguin
get in the box

Reply 18 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-14-11 02:00:38 PM)

I forgot to mention these two, and I'm not sure I'd find them as funny now, but 'Allo 'Allo and The Vicar of Dibley had great casts and usually some funny lines, even if a lot of it was just catchphrases.
how is this for a quote
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 19 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-14-11 02:20:29 PM)

Parks & Rec has been killin it lately. Community usually has better writing but the characters are less likable. Modern Family has that colombian hottie and the fat gay dude and for that reason I always watch it
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 20 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-14-11 02:21:29 PM)

I watched a little bit of Outsourced but it seemed downright racist at times
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 21 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-15-11 02:24:02 PM)

Squidbillies
Buy me a drink. Buy me a drink. I'm better than you are but not as good as I think.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 22 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-16-11 01:46:18 PM)

Quote:
I watched a little bit of Outsourced but it seemed downright racist at times

Yeah this. There's a subset of people for whom "edgy" and "racist" share a line. Those people are racist.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 23 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-16-11 05:11:12 PM)

Pushing Daisies & Dead Like Me
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 24 of 93 (Originally posted on: 03-16-11 08:41:05 PM)

Those are both fantastic shows. Too bad it's TV policy to cancel every Brian Fuller show the second season in.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 4 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 10398 | Total Posts: 93 ]