Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > The Arena: Bunch of dudes talking about balls > Fantasy Baseball 2011? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1683 | Total Posts: 11 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
IF0
Administrator

Hey, I was with Mary Magdalene last night....smell my finger lol

Ballkicks: (+621 / -173)
Reg. Date: Jul 2003
(Originally posted on: 03-05-11 07:28:57 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

People here seem to suck at keeping up with fantasy sports, but I figured I'd ask.

Maybe we should start an online D&D group or something, I bet you nerds will play then! (I would, actually)
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 1 of 11 (Originally posted on: 03-06-11 06:05:35 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I joined a random league last year, and managed to stick with it for the season. Although, on the other hand, I was in some hockey leagues for this season and I completely abandoned them. So I guess it's a toss-up.

I usually play all my leagues on Yahoo now, though.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 11 (Originally posted on: 03-06-11 10:17:54 AM)

To be honest I put so much energy into my other league that this one ends up being more of a hassle then anything else. I think it's best I don't play this year.
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reply 3 of 11 (Originally posted on: 03-07-11 05:25:53 PM)

I only ever play these to pick teams based on player names and themes, and score one or two odd wins if I'm lucky. I'm pretty certain some of my players didn't play more than five games a couple years ago.

However, if you're cool with that, I'm willing to submit another team based on players who have thick moustaches or tasteless tattoos.
how is this for a quote
GoC
causes drama in intl fantasy sports

Ballkicks: (+18 / -2)
Reg. Date: Aug 2003
Reply 4 of 11 (Originally posted on: 03-08-11 11:22:33 AM)

I'd play again if there were enough people still interested to make it worth it.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 5 of 11 (Originally posted on: 03-10-11 12:58:41 PM)

I don't mind having a league open to the public with some randoms to fill out an 8 or 10 person league. If we don't start one here then I'm likely just going to join a random one anyways, so might as well have a few of you guys along for the ride too.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 6 of 11 (Originally posted on: 03-14-11 03:30:52 AM)

I'll ride whatever you give me, Gregory.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 7 of 11 (Originally posted on: 03-29-11 02:19:29 PM)

No desire under last year's rules. If that changes, let me know.
IF0
Administrator

Reply 8 of 11 (Originally posted on: 03-29-11 02:57:06 PM)

They've changed every year, but it's irrelevant since we, uh, aren't.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 9 of 11 (Originally posted on: 04-03-11 07:05:53 PM)

I did end up joining a league on Yahoo. I'd be interested in joining another one, but only on Yahoo.

The league I'm in is a 6x6 category-ranking-score league. Jimmy, is that the league you're used to?
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 10 of 11 (Originally posted on: 04-13-11 06:28:28 PM)

I've always wanted to play D&D....
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

Reply 11 of 11 (Originally posted on: 04-13-11 07:15:18 PM)

I think thats supposed to be a joke?

6x6 meaning 6 hitting categories, and 6 pitching categories.

Btw, I've been in 1st or 2nd in my current 12-person-roto-league since the second game.

My roster:

C Russell Martin NYY
1B Pablo Sandoval SFG (1B/3B)
2B Ian Kinsler TEX
3B Ryan Zimmerman WAS
SS Alexei Ramirez CWS
OF Justin Upton ARI
OF Carlos Quenton CWS
OF Nick Markakis BAL
UTIL Alex Gordon KCR (3B/OF)
UTIL Yunel Escobar TOR
BN Aubrey Huff 1B/OF
BN Geovany Soto C
BN Kendry Morales 1B *DL*
BN Grady Sizemore OF *DL*

SP Roy Halladay
SP James Shields
RP Naftali Feliz
RP Brian Fuentes
P Matt Garza
P James Shields
P Kyle Drabek
P Dallas Braden
P Jeremy Guthrie
BN Dallas Braden
BN Aroldis Chapman
BN Brian Matusz *DL*
BN Andrew Bailey *DL*
BN Zack Greinke *DL*

No question why I'm winning, in my mind. I'm DOMINATING the offensive categories. I'm leading the league in R, HR, RBI, AVG, and OPS, and the only category I'm weak on is SB (which I'm pretty much conceding).

As for pitching, I'm considerably weaker, but I'm still top 3 in ERA and WHIP, as well as top 3 in L (as in, I have the 2nd least losses). I am decidedly weak in Wins, falling in last place. Alot of my guys have been pitching well and not getting no decisions (like Drabek, Guthrie, Braden). I'm strong in K's so I'm not worried if I don't compete in the Wins column, as long as I can maintain the low ERAs and WHIPs. The fact that Bailey and Greinke start the year injured hasn't helped.

Overall, my success so far has been largely due to good drafting, and the only significant Free Agent pickup I've made so far was Russell Martin, who I picked up before the season began. I had a feeling he would bounce back to his former self, and so far he has. Both of my catchers are High Risk/High Reward (Soto and Russell), but so far Russell has been rewarding me (Soto has been riding the pine until Martin cools off).

I adore my OF. Justin Upton (Locked), Nick Markakis (Locked). Carlos Quentin is one of the hottest players in baseball so far (even though he wasn't part of my plan). And I even have Grady Sizemore in the hopes for a bounceback season. I'm rocking hard in the OF.

I love my middle infield. 2B Kinsler was the guy I wanted from the beginning, and the SS tandem of Ramirez and Escobar is some hot latino fire. Both are doing very well so far.

I decided to go with Sandoval over the marquee names at 1B, because even though the Panda doesn't provide top-notch HR, I felt he would give me good AVG and OPS, and thats always valuable.

Ryan Zimmerman was sort of a force-draft situation, and I'm sort of looking to move him.

Pitching: Man you gotta love Halladay. He's fucking up the NL so hard. Once I get Greinke back I'll have my two legit aces in Halladay and Greinke, and a legit top-notch closer in Feliz. Pitching is not where I've concentrated my efforts though as a whole, so it's more the ratio stats in ERA and WHIP that I'm looking to win.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1683 | Total Posts: 11 ]