Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > I got hit by a truck. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1785 | Total Posts: 26 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 11-24-10 01:05:11 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I was walking down to the gas station by my house, crossing at the crosswalk (with the light) at a four-way intersection and got hit by a truck! I had just crossed both southbound lanes and was in the left-hand northbound lane when a truck that was turning into that lane plowed right into me and tossed me a couple feet.

I noticed him at the last second and was able to brace for it, sort of. I took the brunt of the impact on my right arm, right knee, and right hip, and when I landed I landed on my left knee. I immediately got up and hobbled myself out of the street and then collapsed by a light post. The guy pulled into the parking lot of the gas station, thankfully, and got out to check on me. "Are you alright??" "Well, no." He called the cops, and so did someone inside the gas station because I had apparently yelled "OH SHIT" so loud when I got hit that they heard me inside from about 75 yards away.

The cops were there within a minute and a half and started taking down our information. Medics came a couple minutes later to check me out. No serious injuries, just some bruising and scraping. I declined an ambulance ride and didn't go to the hospital. If the truck had been any bigger, I probably would've just gotten plowed over. If it had been a car I would easily have a broken leg or something. Plus the guy's truck had a bump bar which depressed with the impact (I'm assuming) so I was hit with it instead of the front end of his truck.

All in all I've got a nice scrape on my right elbow and right knee, my right hip is a little swollen, my left knee is slightly swollen as well, and all the muscles on my right side are tense and sore like I just got done with a very one-sided workout. I feel alright, surprisingly, even though it's hours later and the adrenaline has worn off. I've had worse bicycle accidents, to be honest. I'm just glad I don't have to work in the morning because I'm sure I'll feel worse.
Mingan
INTL Alumni
Mmm Skyscraper I Love You

Why are we having this wedding? because Abraham Lincoln, of course!

Ballkicks: (+637 / -48)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 1 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-24-10 01:49:29 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

no ninja truck-leap reflexes? MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS must have been a letdown

did the guy offer to get you a drink or something? id feel horrible if I hit someone, and would want to make it up
Wireless Muppet, of Strings and Ribbonwax
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 2 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-24-10 02:44:56 AM)

No, I was pretty disappointed in myself because I usually have good reflexes. I was distracted by the sight of one of those new DVD rental vending machines across the street outside the gas station. It was all lit up and bright red and it distracted me just long enough. I caught movement in my periphery at the last second giving me just enough time to brace and not just get slammed.

Oh hey, one of those DVD rental things. And it's outside, haven't seen one outdoors bef- what's tha-
OH SHIT

I never expected to get run down in a fucking crosswalk. Of course it's one of the few times I'm never super vigilant about crossing the street.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 3 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-24-10 04:04:24 AM)

When I read the thread title I totally thought Ztolk would have been the one to make this thread
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 4 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-24-10 06:02:44 AM)

My dad's fiancee's nephew was supposed to move here from South Africa and do his last semester of highschool then apply to Canadian universities so he could get the hell out of South Africa. But like a month ago he was riding a motorcycle and got hit by a truck as it was pulling a right turn, and like broke his pelvis and a lung and lost his gallbladder. So, could have been worse.
"you look bigger on facebook"
-Amphy
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 5 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-24-10 06:14:44 AM)

I thought it was a late thread by t.
"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame the gays than let orphans have families."
Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 6 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-24-10 06:30:59 AM)

If Ztolk made this thread it would probably be titled "A truck got hit by me".

Glad you're alright Phil, but for whatever reason the thought of you yelling "OH SHIT" and bouncing off a truck is a funny image. I'm sure it would be considerably less funny if you'd been seriously injured, but the fact that you got that yell off makes me giggle.
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 7 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-24-10 08:59:57 AM)

I hear chicks dig scars.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 8 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-24-10 10:23:47 AM)

Well, I have a 13-inch scar in my back, so there's that.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 9 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-24-10 02:15:58 PM)

Ouch. What kind of truck?
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 10 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-24-10 03:15:06 PM)

was it a Hemi
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 11 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-24-10 08:51:08 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Ouch. What kind of truck?

Late-70s pickup.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 12 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-25-10 02:39:06 AM)

oh damn! wow that could have been a lot worse I guess. I was imagining a new truck with big plastic bumper
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 13 of 26 (Originally posted on: 11-25-10 11:51:09 PM)

That would've been worse, actually, because the newer trucks are taller and would've knocked me under the truck instead of bouncing me off. Plus this guy's truck had a bump bar which probably depressed with impact.
INTL Janitorial Services
Administrator

honestly i probably have Crohn's disease and should see a doctor

Ballkicks: (+360 / -80)
Reg. Date: Dec 2001
Reply 14 of 26 (Originally posted on: 12-05-10 01:23:03 PM)

Shit, I should've been going faster
FUCK. YOU. VISSARIO.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 15 of 26 (Originally posted on: 12-05-10 03:20:16 PM)

Very funny, TPC, but we all know you never leave the house.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 16 of 26 (Originally posted on: 12-31-10 09:50:01 PM)

Insurance settled: $346 to cover the medical bills, $1500 for me.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 17 of 26 (Originally posted on: 01-01-11 12:37:43 AM)

Don't spend it all in one place.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 18 of 26 (Originally posted on: 01-01-11 11:12:16 PM)

Oh, I won't. I need to have a professional come out to check my furnace, then I need to buy some furniture, and then I need to pay off my debt to Wells Fargo. I might have enough left over to buy a 360.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 19 of 26 (Originally posted on: 01-14-11 08:31:22 AM)

Why you got to pay for your own furnace? Your landlord should cover that. unless... you own your house?
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Ballkicks: (+845 / -114)
Reg. Date: Jun 2004
Reply 20 of 26 (Originally posted on: 01-14-11 05:30:01 PM)

Quoted from a traffic cone:

So your advice is to get hit by a truck? Done.
Sex
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 21 of 26 (Originally posted on: 01-14-11 05:44:39 PM)

Make sure it's going slow enough that the medical bills are only 346 bucks.
"ztolk it seems like all you do is watch videos of muscular people vomiting"
-ice
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 22 of 26 (Originally posted on: 01-14-11 06:00:42 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
Make sure it's going slow enough that the medical bills are only 346 bucks.

I know he didn't suffer any real injuries, but even when you suspect something is wrong with you, you end up spending more than that just be told you're fine.
Sex
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 23 of 26 (Originally posted on: 01-14-11 09:28:56 PM)

Quoted from ich bien berliner:
Why you got to pay for your own furnace? Your landlord should cover that. unless... you own your house?

I moved out of my shitty apartment and am renting out the other half of my mom's duplex because she needs help with her mortgage. Cue "LOL U LIV WIT UR MOM" jokes.

Quoted from Smokey:

So your advice is to get hit by a truck? Done.

As long as you're in the crosswalk and have the light, yes. So my advice is to spend about 8 hours a day crossing the street with the light.
Smokey
INTL Premium Member
fuck this title

funkle smokey

Reply 24 of 26 (Originally posted on: 01-14-11 10:16:55 PM)

Cue "LOL U LIV WIT UR MOM" jokes.

I don't know if I'd worry about that here.
Sex
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1785 | Total Posts: 26 ]