Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Health & Beauty: chances are you possess neither of these > Soup Thread > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: Amphytrite
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 3013 | Total Posts: 23 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 10-03-10 09:07:04 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Hey, y'all like soup? It's fall and it's time to eat some soup!

here is a soup i came up with recently:

Curried Roasted Pumpkin Soup

pumpkin
sweet potato
carrot
garlic
diced fresh ginger
onion
sour cream / creme frache
stock (veg or chicken)
turmeric
cumin
paprika
cayenne pepper
parsley (fresh)
toasted sesame seeds for garnish

peel & roughly chop pumpkin, sweet potato, and carrot, cut onion into quarters, peel garlic. toss all of those in salt and olive oil and put in the oven at like 350 for an hour or so, until everything is nicely roasted and you get some good browning

add roasted garlic and ginger to food processor with some stock and blend into a paste. i like a lot of ginger.

add a 1tsp cumin, 1 tsp paprika, 2 tsp cayenne, 4 tsp turmeric, salt, pepper and blend all that shit up, a stick blender is really nice here. add stock as needed, it should be fairly thick but still nice and smooth. garnish with toasted sesame, chopped parsley and a lil bit of sour cream.

another optional thing to do would be to carmelize the onions on the stovetop while the other vegetables roasted, and then add the carmelized onions as garnish at the end.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 1 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-07-10 07:27:04 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I call this soup Bomb-Ass Lentils

aight so either get some canned lentils for for extra cheapness get some dried (red or green) lentils. prepare them how it says on the pack, it's not hard but maybe if you have dried ones it takes a bit more time.

sweat some onions / shallots / garlic in olive oil. chopped carrots can go in here too. after a couple minutes when everything is getting translucent, add some paprika, cayenne, cumin, black pepper, perhaps coriander seed. some ground ginger would be good here too probably. add lentils and cook for like an hour or until you get the consistency you're looking for, if you're using dried ones use some chicken/veg stock.

after you put it in the bowl splash a lil balsamic vinegar. the garnishes really make the meal here. i like to put in some fresh arugula. also good is some mixed sweet pickles, like this:

this one is stupid easy to make, but if you serve it with some nice crusty bread and the right garnishes it's delicious and looks hella pro. it's also cheap as fuck, you should be able to make like 6 servings for around 3 or 4 bucks at most
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 2 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-07-10 10:44:00 AM)

I don't have the recipe on hand but I LOVE going back to my roots with some potato soup. Especially around this time of year. I should really call my mom to get that recipe again...
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 3 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-07-10 11:02:27 AM)

i like making soup cuz it's like fuck it, yeah i'll throw a leek in there. Turnip? why the fuck not? now I'll hit this shit with my stick blender until it's smooth like lotion
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 4 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-07-10 03:05:11 PM)

I make a pretty good cabbage/vegetarian soup. It's pretty much just sweat up some garlic, onions, celery and carrots in the bottom of a big pot and then add a ton of vegetable broth, a can of crushed tomatoes and a can of tomato paste let that simmer for a bit and then add a half a head of chopped cabbage, some zucchini or summer squash, mushrooms and whatever the fuck else I have in the vegetable drawer.

It's pretty good and you can eat if for a week. It's fantastic with like, shredded smoked cheddar in it (smokey cheeses work really well with this soup).
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 5 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-08-10 02:12:23 AM)

This sounds awesome and perfect for this time of year. Can I use your recipe at work?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 6 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-08-10 02:15:13 AM)

hells yeah dude! and let me know how it goes
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 7 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-09-10 02:41:04 AM)

I brought it up with one of the chefs and they already have a recipe that's very similar. Curried Roasted Pumpkin & Squash.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 8 of 23 (Originally posted on: 10-09-10 04:22:21 AM)

yeah that makes sense. I made it once with butternut squash, it was basically the same and honestly butternut squashes are wayyyyyyy easier to peel, etc, so really I would have recommended that except for the season
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 9 of 23 (Originally posted on: 12-14-10 11:24:59 AM)

made leek and potato soup. it's easy just put leeks + potatoes + salt in a pot and boil it, and then blend it up with yr stick blender and add some cream. let that boy cook
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 10 of 23 (Originally posted on: 12-14-10 12:54:53 PM)

Anyone ever try making soup with radishes? I harvested my radishes over the weekend and need something to do with them all.
Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 11 of 23 (Originally posted on: 12-15-10 05:09:37 PM)

Quoted from dewey deciman:
Anyone ever try making soup with radishes? I harvested my radishes over the weekend and need something to do with them all.

Radishes are nature's anal beads.
Buy me a drink. Buy me a drink. I'm better than you are but not as good as I think.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 12 of 23 (Originally posted on: 12-15-10 07:04:41 PM)

Well that's helpful.
Nickolati: i would have gone to the doctor, because I am pussy trapped in a lumberjack's body
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 13 of 23 (Originally posted on: 12-16-10 01:18:48 AM)

They're really kind of nasty. I only eat them in salads, and that's in a very small quantity. They're a good source of vitamins, though.

We use radishes in the salads at work, and some of the new guys had thought they had spoiled because they smell bad. No, radishes just stink. Which is why we only put 3 or 4 slices on a salad.

I think the Chinese like to make soup out of radishes. Try googling?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 14 of 23 (Originally posted on: 12-17-10 06:41:27 AM)

i basically have only ever used radishes as a lil on the side bit for tacos
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 15 of 23 (Originally posted on: 01-14-11 05:36:39 AM)

another delicious soup. this one takes like less than 30 minutes too.

white bean KALE pork belly soup

white beans
diced pork belly
canned whole tomatoes
MOTHERFUCKIN KALE
white wine
onion
garlic
dried chilis / chili flakes
black pepper
oregano
bay leaves

cook up that pork belly and let all the fat melt. throw some olive oil in there too if you don't gaf about fat. sweat the onions and garlic in there with the spices. drain the beans, add them and fill the rest up with white wine & water. if you have time to let it cook you can add more wine, but you want to make sure the alcohol gets cooked out. drain/rinse tomatoes and add them. cut kale into ribbons and add the kale. cook until it's done.

pork belly is hella salty so be careful when adding salt or stock to this, which is why i suggested adding water instead of stock. if you don't live in a country where esoteric pork products are readily and affordably available in large quantities, use diced bacon instead i guess.

this was fucking great. the kale really made it, without the kale to break up the texture i think it would have been a bit boring, but the kale really took it to the next level. <3 kale\
roygrimes50
User is currently banned until further notice.

I AM SHIT

Reply 16 of 23 (Originally posted on: 03-12-11 02:53:52 AM)

FUCK OFF YOU GREEDY LITTLE PIECE OF SCUM. OF ALL THE WORLD'S MANY DEGENERATES, YOU ARE THE VERY MOST INCONSEQUENTIAL. YOU ARE THE DREG WHICH LIES STAGNANT AT THE BOTTOM OF HUMANITY'S SEWER.
User was banned for this post.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 17 of 23 (Originally posted on: 03-12-11 03:22:37 PM)

Kinda wanna know what was said here
"Remember, Jesus would rather constantly shame the gays than let orphans have families."
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 18 of 23 (Originally posted on: 03-12-11 03:49:44 PM)

It was just a random spam link. I thought it might be fun to overreact.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 19 of 23 (Originally posted on: 03-16-11 01:59:38 PM)

so was it?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 20 of 23 (Originally posted on: 03-16-11 08:52:50 PM)

lets just keep talkin about how great kale is
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 21 of 23 (Originally posted on: 03-16-11 08:53:09 PM)

probably you could use spinach too
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 22 of 23 (Originally posted on: 03-18-11 09:02:52 AM)

I made some dope ass stew to celebrate st. patty's day

pork (beef was too expensive!!)
onions
hella carrots
potatoes
bay leaves
black pepper
guinness extra stout
beef stock

brown the pork in a big soup pot. make sure you let it stick a lil bit to get all that fond in there. when it's mostly browned add onions and carrots and cook that until the onions are translucent. add potatoes, bay leaves, the beer and beef stock, and let it cook for like an hour. it ruled. i used some flour to thicken it up a bit at the end but what would have been really tyte would be to throw in a pigs food at the beginning and let all the gelatin in that thicken it up. it was good
Dio

rebel rebel

Ballkicks: (+105 / -50)
Reg. Date: Aug 2006
Reply 23 of 23 (Originally posted on: 04-10-11 04:43:12 PM)

I'm liking your soup styles, Ice. Keep it up, I'm taking note for when I actually have a kitchen next year.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3013 | Total Posts: 23 ]