Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Iran's president calls out US > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 3481 | Total Posts: 72 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
(Originally posted on: 09-23-10 03:52:48 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

NY Times

What do you think about this crazy shit?

Our response: "Stop being antisemitic and hateful."
This reply was last edited on 09-23-10 06:07:41 PM by Nickolati.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 1 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-23-10 04:18:27 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Mahmoud needs to take a chill pill.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat

Nickolati: when i was 17, fruit loops gave me a boner
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-23-10 04:37:05 PM)

He's got nothing to stand on, especially with Iran's lack of women's rights.
"you look bigger on facebook"
-Amphy
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 3 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-23-10 05:13:41 PM)

He should visit that x chromosome thread
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 4 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-23-10 05:46:37 PM)

He's Iran's President Bush. He's always playing to the base.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 5 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-23-10 06:42:07 PM)

just so you guys know, being anti-israel is not being antisemetic. there is nothing inherently antisemetic about saying that Israel should not exist
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 6 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-23-10 07:08:37 PM)

He's called for it to be "wiped off the map" which basically means "kill every Jew inside."
-Amphy
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 7 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-23-10 09:45:18 PM)

Don't know why Obama won't. He's a much better speaker than Bush (assuming he isn't just fed all his lines) and could probably goad Ahmadenijad into some PC battles he won't win.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Bon

Village Idiot

Ballkicks: (+162 / -84)
Reg. Date: Sep 2002
Reply 8 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-23-10 09:48:52 PM)

He never called for Israel to be literally wiped off the map, that was a deliberate mistranslation of one of his speeches out of context, he really meant "'the current regime running the country known as 'Israel' should be removed and replaced with one called 'Palestine'", a statement many sane people would agree with I am sure.
“Was der Tod der Elf einmal bedeuten wird, vermögen heute nur wenige zu ahnen — noch weniger kann ich darüber schreiben. Wir stehen mitten in einer grossen Zeitenwende. Was wir alle durchmachen sind ihre Geburtswehen. Alles scheint negativ — und einmal wird dann doch Neues and Grosses geboren werden....”
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 9 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-23-10 10:31:03 PM)

I love that threats against Israel are seen as unfathomable, while the creation of Israel in an established state went off without a hitch. He's basically doing all this to curry favor in the Middle East by standing up to us.

Also, has anyone else noticed the ramped up rhetoric against Iran by the US? The administration is basically repeating the same stuff that was used to rouse anti-Iraq sentiment leading up to the war. Why are people falling for this again?

Rigged elections - check.
Weapons of mass destruction - check.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 10 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-24-10 03:16:54 AM)

death to israel / america
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 11 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-24-10 08:48:26 PM)

Quoted from jimmy:
Rigged elections - check.
Weapons of mass destruction - check.
Guilty of human rights violations (which we've systematically ignored for years) - check.
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 12 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-24-10 08:55:47 PM)

Ok, so why haven't we done anything about it yet? Is it really our job to clean it up?
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 13 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-24-10 11:26:51 PM)

Quote:
while the creation of Israel in an established state went off without a hitch

Which state?
-Amphy
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 14 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-25-10 02:19:23 AM)

Quoted from jimmy:
Ok, so why haven't we done anything about it yet? Is it really our job to clean it up?

I don't believe so. But people look to this country as some sort of world police because America has continually stepped in and inserted itself in foreign conflicts in an attempt to "do good" or "fight injustice/tyranny." While, in reality, the government merely acts out of self-interest and a desire to consolidate power in whatever region the trouble's in.

Quoted from Beta Wolf:
Quote:
while the creation of Israel in an established state went off without a hitch

Which state?

Palestine?
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 15 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-25-10 06:10:16 AM)

Wasn't an established state. It was part of the British Mandate and before that it was part of the Ottoman empire.
-Amphy
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 16 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-25-10 08:03:13 AM)

It was a district of the Ottoman empire referred to as "Palestine." It never had a chance to become a sovereign state. The Brits came in, took over, and fucked around with everything.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 17 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-25-10 08:14:31 AM)

So Israel wasn't created "in an established state."
-Amphy
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 18 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-25-10 08:32:46 AM)

Also, saying it "went off without a hitch" is a bit disengenuous, don't you think? I mean, we're kind of experiencing a giant never ending hitch right now as we speak.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 19 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-25-10 08:34:36 AM)

there was an established administrative entity there. It wasn't an independent state as such but It's not as if Israel expanded into an anarchic, ungoverned wilderness either.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 20 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-25-10 08:35:03 AM)

Quoted from Beta Wolf:
So Israel wasn't created "in an established state."

That's semantics. And an almost Vissario-ish response.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 21 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-25-10 08:37:43 AM)

Quoted from jimmy:
I was agreeing with you, dummy. We did the same thing with Iraq since the 1980's. We supported Saddam's regime both directly and indirectly, while ignoring his human's rights violations. When it was no longer in our best interest to do so, we paraded those violations in order to galvanize public opinion against them, justifying our inevitable use of force.

To answer your questions: we haven't done anything yet, because anyone can plainly see that would be suicide, given our existing military climate. Is it our job to clean it up? It's clearly not. The fact that we assume the role of "world police" is clearly a cover for pursuing our own interests. However, I will say that our government does a fantastic job of propagandizing those efforts as being altruistic and moral, when the reality of the situation is our actions are a result of nothing more than calculated self-interest. (edit: looks like I basically just restated what FA said in less words.)
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 22 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-25-10 08:40:04 AM)

"The means of defence against foreign danger, have been always the instruments of tyranny at home." - James Madison
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 23 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-25-10 11:12:56 AM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Quoted from jimmy:
I was agreeing with you, dummy. We did the same thing with Iraq since the 1980's. We supported Saddam's regime both directly and indirectly, while ignoring his human's rights violations. When it was no longer in our best interest to do so, we paraded those violations in order to galvanize public opinion against them, justifying our inevitable use of force.

To answer your questions: we haven't done anything yet, because anyone can plainly see that would be suicide, given our existing military climate. Is it our job to clean it up? It's clearly not. The fact that we assume the role of "world police" is clearly a cover for pursuing our own interests. However, I will say that our government does a fantastic job of propagandizing those efforts as being altruistic and moral, when the reality of the situation is our actions are a result of nothing more than calculated self-interest. (edit: looks like I basically just restated what FA said in less words.)

Haha... I typed up three paragraphs and then noticed FA got it in four lines.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 24 of 72 (Originally posted on: 09-26-10 10:10:05 AM)

FA have you applied to that college you were talking about yet.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3481 | Total Posts: 72 ]