Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > What are your plans for the summer? > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 4493 | Total Posts: 70 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
(Originally posted on: 07-08-10 01:19:11 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Simple question... go!
My Music Blog
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-08-10 02:02:17 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I'm moving to Berlin at the end of July. I'm going to take a language course so I can get a student visa, with that I'll be able to work 20 hrs/wk which should be enough to make rent in Berlin.

Other than that I have some romantic ideas about starting an illegal taco cart in Gölitzer Park in Berlin because that would be a fun enterprise to undertake during the warm months and I think I could make a lot of money like that. But once it gets cold I'll have to find a real job I think.
webturbo
"This body is old but it's all that I got. When 900 you reach, look so good you will not!"

Soundgarden is actually one of my favorite bands ever.

Ballkicks: (+17 / -4)
Reg. Date: Oct 2007
Reply 2 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-08-10 02:35:38 PM)

Immediate plans are to finally get moved into our new home. We've been dealing with the whole frustrating process of selling/buying a house for the last few months.

We're under contract on a new house and hope to be moved in a couple of weeks at the most.

A week from today we are taking a short break from the proceedings to go to Amelia Island, Florida ... just outside Jacksonville ... to visit some friends and also celebrate my wife's birthday. Should be a blast. Our friends live on a creek that comes off of the ocean and this time of year manatees regularly cruise by their dock and play around it.

After that it's just settle into the house and try to beat the heat!
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"
Zippo
pooooooop

Leveling entire cities with her magnificient girl-cock

Ballkicks: (+1097 / -49)
Reg. Date: Nov 2002
Reply 3 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-08-10 03:07:49 PM)

Moving and furnishing/decorating the new place as well as starting a new job in the new location.

Seems a lot of us are moving this summer!
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 4 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-08-10 03:21:51 PM)

Sweating my balls off, primarily.

I've been playing ultimate frisbee biweekly, and I joined a beer league softball team. I'm getting pretty good at frisbee although I'm still limited by how fast I can run. I can hit the ball hard in softball but that's pretty much it. I'm moving at the end of August, but my current lease ends July 31 so I'll have to figure that out. Moving might be tough with no car but I don't own any furniture in Montreal.

Meanwhile I'll still be doing my master's research, which involves setting up our new lab, doing experiments with DNA, and working in the clean room (burning things with light and acid!) to make our devices. I also have a few pet projects I might or might not work on, and I'll keep on lifting weights.
"you look bigger on facebook"
-Amphy
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 5 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-08-10 05:45:35 PM)

Well, I should be looking for grants and for a place to live in England but instead I'm thinking about just saying to hell with all of it.

Also lots of medical tests.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 6 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-08-10 06:01:56 PM)

haha every time i see you mention frisbee ztolk i actually get excited. "hey if i ever go to Canada and ztolk is there we can play frisbee!!!!"

Going to live in England til April with lots of traveling and studying and fun times to be had! woo.
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 7 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-08-10 06:03:20 PM)

also trying to work out how I can do it and have enough money to come home via Japan and do a tour. Because Japan is like my ultimate place ever to want to go.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 8 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-08-10 07:08:12 PM)

It's so weird how in New Jersey, early July is the start of the summer while in South Carolina it's been summer for a month and a half already.

What am I doing? Working, basically. I'm hoping to have three of my friends visit over the summer, with the last (and best) friend and I taking a trip down to the beach. I actually have virtually nothing to look forward to this summer except my friends visiting and a trip to the gynocologist in early September. I might flip through a GRE book or two, but I'm not devoting my whole summer to studying.

& tubing.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat

Nickolati: when i was 17, fruit loops gave me a boner
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 9 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-08-10 07:11:20 PM)

The GRE isn't that bad. For the math part, just practice the problems and be careful not to make mistakes. It's nothing that a smart grade 11 student couldn't do. For the wordy part, you're probably good at that anyway but practice your obscure vocabulary. For the writing part, make them as long as possible.

5000!
-Amphy
Hasty Penguin
get in the box
People are a danger to society.

there is a guy who gets it on with three girls at once and they all have amazing unibrows

Ballkicks: (+1307 / -46)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 10 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-08-10 08:58:39 PM)

My summer is distinctly lacking in plans, which is possibly why this month filled up with surprising quickness.

Soccer twice a week with some guys from RIM and some math/computer guys from high school Tuesday and Friday nights respectively. On the Friday night games, we go back and play video games after, like proper nerds, and it is a good time.

Teach some kids' workshops, volunteer at the jazz festival, work with kids at the Windsor Fringe Festival and do a couple of open mic nights at a local theatre space.

Then back to trying to find regularly paying work, the second round of job interviewing happens on the 29th for sure, and waiting to hear back from other places. Then go to the hospital some, get my full driver's license finally (test is booked for next month), probably my first-aid certificate or whatever it is, sign up for the public health plan so I have reduced prices for insulin come September, get my passport done, write a whole bunch, read a whole bunch, listen to loads of music, do a bunch of volunteer work, contact a bunch of places to perform a narrative piece in 2011/2012 (already started), organize a working schedule for another show, join in some play development, create a 15-minute solo piece, and also get in good shape and possibly even work out. Also have the first draft of a play written by the end of August. And I want to learn to beatbox a bunch of songs.

And probably some other things. I am pretty confident I will get around to almost all of that, and probably start losing out around the beatboxing.
how is this for a quote
Coca-Cola
INTL Premium Member

MY WIG-WAM WOKS!

Ballkicks: (+503 / -183)
Reg. Date: Feb 2003
Reply 11 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-09-10 08:50:52 AM)

Chillin' back - not working a lot of hours, so spending a lot of time on the beach. Throwing in some camping and drinking.

Hitting up some local events like Seafest - an annual event in my town where you get drunk and go down to the wharf for music and fireworks, and there's a giant yardsale, a fish feast, and a parade the next day. Later in the Summer's the "Exhibition", a carnival that comes to town. Also going to a kick-ass music festival called Evolve that I go to every year. All the while, will be playing the sax in a local jazz band for random events throughout the Summer.

At the end of the Summer, will be moving to Halifax to go back to school - yay!

Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 12 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-09-10 09:05:38 AM)

There's a name I haven't seen in a while.
-Amphy
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 13 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-09-10 07:30:30 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
For the wordy part, you're probably good at that anyway but practice your obscure vocabulary.

Thank you darling but I doubt I'm taking the GRE anytime soon. I lack the conviction and money to go to grad school.

I am however working on my quarterlife program and good news, we're tentatively going live in September! dance dance revolution
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat

Nickolati: when i was 17, fruit loops gave me a boner
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 14 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-09-10 07:39:15 PM)

Dude, they PAY you to go to grad school.
-Amphy
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 15 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-09-10 07:43:35 PM)

They don't pay everyone, Ztolk. Most people aren't as lucky as the physical science folks.

And add one more to moving. I move to Boulder, CO in around two weeks.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 16 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-10-10 09:20:16 AM)

Swigging cheap beer in Colonial Beach, VA.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 17 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-14-10 04:57:13 AM)

Chill. Go hiking. Get my druid to level 80.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 18 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-15-10 12:24:21 PM)

Quoted from House:

I always wanted to play a druid.
My Music Blog
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 19 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-15-10 01:34:00 PM)

everyone has to have dreams
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 20 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-15-10 11:37:10 PM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
Quoted from House:

You should've. It's fun being able to play any role I want.
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 21 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-16-10 03:54:22 AM)

Quoted from House:
Quoted from Nickolati:
Quoted from House:

You should've. It's fun being able to play any role I want.

That's why I always enjoyed a shaman between level 40 and level 55
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 22 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-16-10 06:54:51 AM)

Also leveling a druid. Slowly when I'm really bored.

I went on vacation two weeks ago, so the rest of the summer is work. Oh, and I might go floating on the river one weekend, and I'm trying to make it down to Springfield to go drink some beer. (I really am, Richard.)

Mostly lots of working, maybe looking for a new place to live a little closer to town.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 23 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-16-10 07:08:01 AM)

Did you move in with that woman and child yet?
-Amphy
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 24 of 70 (Originally posted on: 07-16-10 09:11:23 AM)

No plans really.

Business: Working on my research project for the rest of the summer.
Pleasure: Season tickets to the Philadelphia Union. Hangin' out with usual people, meeting new random people. Close friend's wedding is coming up in a couple weekends and we plan on partying damn hard for that.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 4493 | Total Posts: 70 ]