Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > i'm an old person so I can do whatever the fuck I like > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1121 | Total Posts: 14 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
(Originally posted on: 06-29-10 08:10:09 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

I have no idea if I made a thread about this last time, but the gist of the last issue is that I live in a granny flat that's in the backyard of my grandparents property. I pay $110 a week rent, and buy all my own food ect. My grandparents feel that even though I pay rent, and am entitled to the same rights as every other tenant, they are still allowed to go into my LOCKED granny flat whenever they like.

Last holidays I was in a massive rush as I was running late for a plane, I had to rush out the door for a week with my room having clothes thrown around. Yes, that is not particularly neat of me, but it is MY room which I pay for. I returned to find almost all of my possession in a box. Not just things that were on the ground, but things I had displayed on my dressing table. Things I had on my bathroom sink such as face wipes. All my shoes which I keep NEATLY lined up, just underneath my bed so they don't all get messed up in a draw. All of it was in the box outside my door, with a horrible letter. I was beyond furious, I hadn't been that angry in quite some time. I ended up getting over it, because for the mean time living here is a good deal, and i'm leaving soon so it's pointless at this point to move out.

So I thought we'd made it clear to each other, to come in my room and inspect is FINE as long as they give me a day or so warning, so I can make sure it's spick and span. Now, i'm in the middle of studying for exams. I go spend the night at my boyfriends because they had friends over and I wanted to be somewhere quite. I come home, they've left to go to their other property that they live at half the week, and there's a note on the table. I think I should also note at this point the other week my grandpa fell off our roof, and almost died. He luckily only cracked a few ribs and bruised his face pretty bad, but since getting out of hospital he has been in a constant foul and angry mood. He is actually impossible to deal with right now. So I think, him being the angry asshole he is right now, decided that if my room wasn't immaculate that i'd get a good telling off. Once again, they've come into my room, without letting me know, while I was out somewhere else, then quickly left the next morning so I wouldn't see the note while they were still around.

I'm angry but I've learnt that does nothing. I've ripped up the note they left on the kitchen table, left it ripped up in the fruit bowl, printed out tenant privacy laws, left them where the note had been. I'm going to obviously clean my room because they have the attitude of "if it's not clean get out", but if they'd given me say a days notice it WOULD have been immaculate. What they consider messy is a couple of jumpers on the floor, having make up on the basin, and not having vacuumed the whole place once a week (i usually do it every 2 weeks) and that's about it. Oh and a used cup next to my lap top. I can't think of any real punishment except that smart ass reply, make sure my room is clean so they can't have a go at me, and ignoring them completely until I leave. Well, i'll ignore my grandpa, but not my grandma who is generally lovely. He has turned into an angry old grouch who'll have no one left that loves him if he's not careful, he's being truly horrible and this is one time too many that he's crossed the line. All i can also think of is to leave condoms in my 'clean' room in stacks all over the place. That should piss him off a bit more as well.

What a fucking asshole.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 14 (Originally posted on: 06-29-10 08:14:54 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

you're a slob Problem?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 2 of 14 (Originally posted on: 06-29-10 11:55:57 PM)

put a lock on the door? I guess it's probably too much work. Have you talked to your parents? Maybe they'd talk to them for you
neon

Reply 3 of 14 (Originally posted on: 06-30-10 01:34:13 AM)

There's a deadbolt on the door, I lock it every time I leave. They of course have extra keys to all the locks so just unlock and come in when I leave. My grandpa is impossible, if my mum (who he doesn't much like) even tried talking to him they'd end up in a massive fight and it'd achieve nothing. The best punishment is ignoring him, it'll annoy him most. He is impossible, it is his way or no way regarding everything. I put up with it all because moving a month before I leave would be a pain in the neck.

There is no option to this, he's been like this forever and nothing will change him. i can't wait to get out of here, and for him to have no control over me at all.

Another example of him being phycho learn u some stuff ok?? . One time he heard me tell my grandma that last semester I did one less topic because I was getting stressed out. He went ape shit, said me renting the granny flat was on the condition I was attending uni full time (ummm? no it wasn't?) and said if I wanted to be a lazy lay about like my mum, that's the way to do it. The guy is mental. I've put up with it for so long because I am getting an okay deal, the place is pretty nice, most of the week I have it to myself, it's on a direct bus route to the city and my uni, and one street away from my boyfriend. otherwise i'd have been out of here a long time ago.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 4 of 14 (Originally posted on: 06-30-10 03:10:06 AM)

oh, that sucks then. sorry your grandfather is lame
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 5 of 14 (Originally posted on: 06-30-10 04:07:13 AM)

Do you have access to his will? I AM A NINJA!
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 6 of 14 (Originally posted on: 07-04-10 05:18:07 PM)

What's a "granny flat"? Is that like a guest house?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 7 of 14 (Originally posted on: 07-04-10 06:34:41 PM)

you know. a granny unit
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 8 of 14 (Originally posted on: 07-04-10 06:46:02 PM)

Renting from family is always difficult. There's some overlap between what's legal and what liberties family members can take. I rented from my mom, and she occasionally came in without asking, but I raided her fridge all the time to make up for it.
"you look bigger on facebook"
-Amphy
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 9 of 14 (Originally posted on: 07-05-10 02:25:19 PM)

It is pretty simple: quit bitching or leave.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 10 of 14 (Originally posted on: 07-05-10 02:37:41 PM)

i don't know, her grandfather doesn't seem to be mad about her complaining
neon

Reply 11 of 14 (Originally posted on: 07-05-10 06:48:21 PM)

shut the fuck up vissario, i would leave if I wasn't going overseas in a month and have literally no other options.

In other news we had a massive fight were he said the sooner I leave the better, that i don't pay rent i pay a contribution (Fucking bullshit, if i was paying a 'contribution' i'd pay $25 a week, that's literally for electricity and crappy internet. what the hell else do i use? Bastard makes about $4000 a year of me if you take away electricity), his house and he doesn't have to give me any notice if he wants to come in, he'll do it whenever he wants, i'm being stupid to want privacy blah blah blah.

However, in classic grandpa fashion he's already trying to pretend nothing happened because he feels bad for being such a dick to me. I really want to stick it to him, by ignoring him completely, but basically i still need to use him for a bit. i need to keep all my stuff here while i go overseas and put my car at their other property, so i'm going to be 'polite cold'.

42 days and counting, I can not wait.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 12 of 14 (Originally posted on: 07-05-10 07:42:13 PM)

Have you signed a contract?
"you look bigger on facebook"
-Amphy
neon

Reply 13 of 14 (Originally posted on: 07-05-10 09:13:16 PM)

nope, if they made a lease then he'd have to pay tax for having someone rent.
neon

Reply 14 of 14 (Originally posted on: 07-05-10 09:14:06 PM)

(and i'd be able to get more student welfare money as well)

anyway, i'm just going to keep my head down for the next month til I leave.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1121 | Total Posts: 14 ]