Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Site Comments > Archives > Archived Forums > Bitching Battleground: The God Damned TV Channel > but the frogurt is also cursed, that's bad. > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest.
Page: [ 1 ] [ Thread Views: 1260 | Total Posts: 19 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
(Originally posted on: 06-10-10 07:44:02 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Today was a mix of awesome and absolutely shit, but I am way too tired to do a long rant so I will just throw out the basics. I had a 'pre departure' session today at uni, which is basically just a meeting with all the outbound exchange students talking about last minute things. I managed to find out that 1, No matter how stinking horrible my GPA is this semester (and trust me, i've never had worse grades) that it won't affect my exchange, or my ability to increase the length of my exchange. Good . We also get $5000 from the government for going on on exchange, it eventually goes onto your students loan repayments but with Australia's wicked cool university payment scheme, it basically screams free money to me. Even though my exchange is only 3 months long I still get the $5000. Good . AND if i apply for an addition semester, which is another three months, i'm eligible to get another $5000, which will pay off the bank loan i'm taking out to travel Europe for a month an a half. Good . So then I hear you say, but neon, that sounds like a bunch of good stuff!! Indeed it is, but none of it makes up for the soul crushing experience I am to endure roughly 6 hours later.

So I leave the meeting, all motivated and excited. I rush to the library, determined to bust out the last essay! The last piece of written work between myself and leaving for overseas. I go to my favourite computer lab, and one of my friends is there! It is always nice to work along side a friend. I'm chugging away, writing opinions on the treaty of Versailles like you've never seen! I finally hit 2,500 words and i'm brimming with happiness at the draft that is essentially my finished essay. "by scott, most of my pals haven't even started!" I think to myself, perhaps a little too smugly. Having forgotten my USB I save the document, intending to email it to myself then recover it when I got home. So I save it. I also save my bibliography which I have on a separate word document. I close all the windows. Go to attach it. and only one document is there. The bibliography that i'd intended to save as 'essay2'. I freak the fuck out. I go through all the folders, and can't find it. I must have absent mindedly saved the bibliography over the file 'essay1', the actual essay. I scathe the internet for what I might do. Ever where tells me i'm fucked. I go up to the IT department, they've all gone home for the night. BAD as I slowly realise I won't be recovering the essay I begin to burst into tears as I log off my computer and walk to my car, continuing to cry and have sever road rage all the way home. I am SO mad! I'd made so much progress, and done such a good job, and there I was back to square 1.

too long;

NEON MANAGED TO DELETE THE ESSAY SHE WORKED ON AND FINISHED FOR 6 HOURS STRAIGHT.

It really wouldn't be such a big deal if exams didn't start next week, as in I was relying on every scrap of time to study for them. It's now 1am and i've half re-written it to some extent. From trying to clutch at all the points i'd made previously i've put together a clunky horrible half version of what i'd done.

What a fucking stupid thing to do.

MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-10-10 07:52:48 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

You took out a bank loan to travel in Europe? What kind of bank would approve that?

There's this website called Emotion Eric where this guy does faces of various emotions. This is the one for "Computer just ate my 20 page research paper"

http://www.emotioneric.com/computeratepaper.jpg
"you look bigger on facebook"
-Amphy
neon

Reply 2 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-10-10 08:01:12 AM)

The National Australia Bank, that's who!

They're called student deferral loans, and you can take one out for a variety of reasons(up to ten grand). They collect 10% interest a year but you don't have to start the payments until 4 months after you graduate (the presumption is you've done a degree that will earn you a job almost instantly learn u some stuff ok?? ) as long as you have a good financial backer, they don't ask too many questions. Mine is essentially under the pretense it's to help with my exchange, but i haven't had to formally write that anywhere. With the second government loan I should be able to pay the bank off just under a year of taking out the loan. The government loan goes onto your student loans, and student loans don't have to be paid until you begin earning a certain amount, and even then it works with the tax system so you don't notice the payments too badly.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 3 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-10-10 08:45:34 AM)

The toppings contain potassium benzoate.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 4 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-10-10 09:13:44 AM)

Came for the Simpsons reference.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 5 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-10-10 09:27:40 AM)

Stayed for the rant.
-Amphy
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 6 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-10-10 06:41:47 PM)

Man neon that blows. Here's a hug, sweetie ((((hug))))
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat

Nickolati: when i was 17, fruit loops gave me a boner
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 7 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-10-10 08:42:33 PM)

That's how girls introduce each other.
-Amphy
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 8 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-10-10 08:52:06 PM)

I hug new people all the time
neon

Reply 9 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-11-10 05:12:46 AM)

okay guys it's done alright.

"LAY OFFFF!!!!!! " - ztolk. WAH
neon

Reply 10 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-11-10 05:18:46 AM)

why hasn't mywork08 posted in my thread yet???
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 11 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-11-10 06:55:48 AM)

I did not use that many exclamation points.
-Amphy
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 12 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-19-10 03:34:52 AM)

i think frogurt sounds better than froyo. that's my post thanks for reading
neon

Reply 13 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-19-10 06:10:37 AM)

ice you always know just what to say.
neon

Reply 14 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-19-10 06:11:13 AM)

what are you even still doing in Budapest?
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 15 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-19-10 09:45:30 AM)

Traveling around a bit for now. I went to Vienna last week. I am going to start working part time for the Red Cross here in Budapest in the beginning of July
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 16 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-21-10 07:10:55 AM)

How was Vienna? I've considered going there next time I'm in the neighborhood (Europe).
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 17 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-21-10 08:12:13 AM)

Vienna was really nice, it's definitely a beautiful city and whatever. I've never seen such ostentatious displays of wealth. I didn't really do a ton of sightseeing though, I basically just did graffiti during the day and then went to bars at night, but I had a really good time and met some cool people.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

Reply 18 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-21-10 09:24:37 PM)

Quote:
I've never seen such ostentatious displays of wealth

Huh. They still doing that? You'd think they'd be bored of that by now.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 19 of 19 (Originally posted on: 06-22-10 05:40:25 AM)

I guess none of the really ostentatious things I saw were post-Habsburg so probably they are.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1260 | Total Posts: 19 ]