Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Zombie Apocalypse! Build your underground base! > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1862 | Total Posts: 35 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
(Originally posted on: 04-28-10 06:56:10 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 1 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 07:20:28 AM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Start her off with a nice bathroom/barbeque.
"you look bigger on facebook"
-Amphy
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 2 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 09:34:37 AM)

The one turret is shooting a little too close for comfort I think

flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 3 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 10:45:55 AM)

D
Administrator

Reply 4 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 10:53:08 AM)

Assuming that since this is a cross sectional drawing, the side of the base facing us is somehow guarded as well - the opposite side of that is still alarmingly unguarded in all your bases.

Also, your food and water are getting hot.

Also, where does your escape tunnel lead? If your super well guarded base is infiltrated, what makes you think you know of any other territories that are more well protected? If you do know of such a place, why don't you live there instead?

flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 5 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 10:59:06 AM)

Quote:
Assuming that since this is a cross sectional drawing, the side of the base facing us is somehow guarded as well - the opposite side of that is still alarmingly unguarded in all your bases.

More adamantium.

Quote:
Also, your food and water are getting hot.

Adamantium.

Quote:
Also, where does your escape tunnel lead?

D
Administrator

Reply 6 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 11:50:46 AM)

Quote:
More adamantium.

Your picture shows nothing but a clear blue sky, no adamantium.

Quote:
Adamantium

Adamantium does not transfer heat?

Quote:
picture

Neither end of your base has internal defense systems. So if they make it into one end, they should be able to follow you into the other end uninhibited. Also, having two bases means you can actively guard only one at a time meaning the zombies could infiltrate one end and use your escape tunnel as a road to your fresh human brains.

Of course perhaps you find your automatic defense systems suitable enough that this is not a concern - in which case i'd consider renaming your tunnels. If you're not really worried about infiltration on either end, they aren't really escape tunnels so much as they are access tunnels.

I suggest some internal defense systems, notably within the escape tunnels themselves. Perhaps a heavy duty sealed door on either end, and one in the midway point coupled with a controlled explosion plan.

edit: What is your energy source?

edit2: don't trip on the computer wire

edit3: I just got creeped out by the mirror image of the word "bed"

Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 7 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 12:00:44 PM)

bэd
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 8 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 12:03:00 PM)

Mine wasn't complete. I figured people would add to it.

Adamantium is a superconductor and thus does not transfer heat.
-Amphy
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 9 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 12:26:29 PM)

Quoted from Dimi:
Quote:
More adamantium.

Your picture shows nothing but a clear blue sky, no adamantium.

Quote:
Adamantium

Adamantium does not transfer heat?

Quote:
picture

Neither end of your base has internal defense systems. So if they make it into one end, they should be able to follow you into the other end uninhibited. Also, having two bases means you can actively guard only one at a time meaning the zombies could infiltrate one end and use your escape tunnel as a road to your fresh human brains.

Of course perhaps you find your automatic defense systems suitable enough that this is not a concern - in which case i'd consider renaming your tunnels. If you're not really worried about infiltration on either end, they aren't really escape tunnels so much as they are access tunnels.

I suggest some internal defense systems, notably within the escape tunnels themselves. Perhaps a heavy duty sealed door on either end, and one in the midway point coupled with a controlled explosion plan.

edit: What is your energy source?

edit2: don't trip on the computer wire

edit3: I just got creeped out by the mirror image of the word "bed"

thats a lot of words

fuck
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 10 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 12:55:17 PM)

there

D
Administrator

Reply 11 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 01:17:19 PM)

Is that a corrosive acid? I hope you're careful to be sure it doesn't compromise the structural integrity of the bunker. Do you have a plan for replacing/draining the acid after a zombie attack?

Are fiber optic cables really neccessary, all they seem to be doing is networking your two computers.

The magic floating cameras: are they integrated with your weapon systems or any alarm? Do you actively fight off the zombies or just monitor the battle?

Ztolk: I can't find any information about adamantium being a superconductor. Also, I don't know much about the thermal transfer properties of a superconductor, but I assume they aren't perfect insulators but i'll overlook that. Do they resist radiant heat? In a long term setup like this, that would be an issue too.

flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 12 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 01:22:50 PM)

i give up

youre an asshole
D
Administrator

Reply 13 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 01:36:49 PM)

Just trying to help you build a better bunker bro

Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 14 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 01:41:11 PM)

Isn't adamantium like unobtainium in that it has whatever properties you want?

Anyway, superconductors are pretty much perfect heat insulators.
-Amphy
D
Administrator

Reply 15 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 02:10:35 PM)

Adamantium is specific (fictional) alloy, that is virtually indestructible. I think its properties are 'defined' and I couldn't find anything about conductivity. But since that aspect isn't defined I guess you can define it for yourself until marvel says otherwise.

Most superconductors are only superconductors in certain (low) temperature ranges. If they're perfect heat insulators, how do you make them not superconductors again? Or don't you? If you don't, thats pretty awesome.

Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 16 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 02:16:05 PM)

It drops but it doesn't drop to zero, and the change occurs when it goes from a regular to a superconducting state.
-Amphy
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 17 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 02:24:08 PM)

How are you going to get back into your base, assuming you need to get out to get food and water every now and then?
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 18 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 02:45:52 PM)

nice fucking retarded zombie base FA didn't you think about physics you dumbass asshole piece of shit fucker!!!!
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 19 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 03:10:27 PM)

I am going to blow your minds when I get home.

Also, I hope you realize that any zombies that get eaten by the flesh eating bugs are going to yield an army of flesh eating zombie beetles that will probably infiltrate your base and eat you in your sleep.
My Music Blog
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 20 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 04:10:39 PM)

id prolly just fight them all and just live normally knowwhatimsayin
D
Administrator

Reply 21 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 07:13:27 PM)

Quoted from Ztolk:
It drops but it doesn't drop to zero, and the change occurs when it goes from a regular to a superconducting state.

Right, but are you saying that once it reaches a superconducting state (lower temperature), no matter how much you heat it, it'll never become a regular conductive metal again?

Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 22 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 07:43:38 PM)

No.
-Amphy
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 23 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 08:09:06 PM)

Quote:
Is that a corrosive acid? I hope you're careful to be sure it doesn't compromise the structural integrity of the bunker. Do you have a plan for replacing/draining the acid after a zombie attack?

It's corrosive to flesh only. Doesn't affect steel, concrete, or anything like that.

Quote:
Are fiber optic cables really neccessary, all they seem to be doing is networking your two computers.

Post before was a joke. The service tunnel leads to a secluded island with a satellite relay. Internet, TV, communication, etc.

Quote:
The magic floating cameras: are they integrated with your weapon systems or any alarm? Do you actively fight off the zombies or just monitor the battle?

They allow me to monitor the amount of zombies outside, door security, etc. The RC flamethrower is also equipped with a camera.

Quote:
Ztolk: I can't find any information about adamantium being a superconductor. Also, I don't know much about the thermal transfer properties of a superconductor, but I assume they aren't perfect insulators but i'll overlook that. Do they resist radiant heat? In a long term setup like this, that would be an issue too.

It's a unique superconducting alloy of Adamantium I invented.

Quote:
Ordinarily a large electrical conductivity is accompanied by a large thermal conductivity, as in the case of copper, used in electrical wiring and cooking pans. However, the thermal conductivity of a pure superconductor is less in the superconducting state than in the normal state, and at very low temperatures approaches zero. Crudely speaking, the explanation for the association of infinite electrical conductivity with vanishing thermal conductivity is that the transport of heat requires the transport of disorder (entropy). The superconducting state is one of perfect order (zero entropy), and so there is no disorder to transport and therefore no thermal conductivity.

Quote:
How are you going to get back into your base, assuming you need to get out to get food and water every now and then?

Service tunnel to secluded island.

Quoted from Nickolati:
I am going to blow your minds when I get home.

Also, I hope you realize that any zombies that get eaten by the flesh eating bugs are going to yield an army of flesh eating zombie beetles that will probably infiltrate your base and eat you in your sleep.

The bugs have a built-in genetic self-destruct timer that activates 10 minutes after they're released from the trap.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 24 of 35 (Originally posted on: 04-28-10 08:33:13 PM)

FA you should use some kind of Sodium Hydroxide solution instead of acid.
-Amphy
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1862 | Total Posts: 35 ]