Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > Help me make important life choices and I'll think better of you > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 3790 | Total Posts: 44 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
(Originally posted on: 03-30-10 02:07:23 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

So I'm quite sick of Madrid, I hate my job, most of my uni friends are now abroad or will be next year and things are kind of stale with my hometown friends because we always do the same old shit, and therefore I've decided I need to find me a master's degree for next year.

Now, I've searched through the postgraduate and graduate (the terminology varies from one side of the pond to another) programmes of basically all universities in the UK, Ireland and Canada, and I've found some tasty stuff, but I have no idea where to start looking as far as American universities are concerned. There's so many of them, and there seems to be little in the way of a uniform system, which I guess is great for the liberty of the individual states but it's not all that hot for me.

So, where do you guys go to look for this kind of stuff? Do you have to rely on friends, relatives and professors telling you about legendary graduate programmes, or is there a better way?

Also, recommend me universities, colleges or whatever, I guess. I want to do something like audiovisual translation, or, failing that, maybe literary translation. You know, something cool like that.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 1 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-30-10 02:19:03 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

http://www.usnews.com/sections/education/index.html

Many many many different rankings for US schools
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 2 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-30-10 02:27:27 PM)

Come to Villanova, we'll have lunch. Or maybe we can even be roommates and bitch about eachother in BB.

Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 3 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-30-10 02:29:58 PM)

Quoted from Uncle Jesse:
Come to Villanova, we'll have lunch. Or maybe we can even be roommates and bitch about eachother in BB.

shut the fuck up stamos

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 4 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 05:37:48 AM)

That's great, Soccy. Thanks!

Dimi, I checked Villanova and they don't have anything that interests me aside from you. Plus it looks preppy or something?
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 5 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 06:56:26 AM)

Quoted from Little Michelle:
Plus it looks preppy or something?

Fight Fight Fight Fight
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 6 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 08:26:53 AM)

Canada. It's for people who want to study in the US but absolutely hate it.
"you look bigger on facebook"
-Amphy
D
Administrator

Reply 7 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 10:14:21 AM)

Quote:
Plus it looks preppy or something?

yes my school is terrible MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

There will be no fight, as I have 0 school spirit or pride in my alma matter.

atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 8 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 10:44:05 AM)

Join the French Foreign Legion and become a man.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
emtilt

the cow of horses

Ballkicks: (+486 / -41)
Reply 9 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 01:51:45 PM)

While you guys are at it, someone tell me if I should go to University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Texas-Austin, University of Colorado-Boulder, or University of Virginia for my astronomy PhD.

Or possibly University of Hawaii. I'm at the very top of their wait list at the moment.
this is my music i hope you like it
this is music i listen to these are movies i like these are books i like
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 10 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 02:12:50 PM)

Quoted from emtilt:
While you guys are at it, someone tell me if I should go to University of Wisconsin-Madison, University of Texas-Austin, University of Colorado-Boulder, or University of Virginia for my astronomy PhD.

Or possibly University of Hawaii. I'm at the very top of their wait list at the moment.

I know nothing about astronomy programs, but UT Austin and UVA are fucking awesome (fun) schools.

Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 11 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 03:37:32 PM)

I wouldn't choose Hawaii. It doesn't sound serious. Makes me think of Dennis Nedry.

Hey Ztolk, I looked at the list of McGill's programmes to no avail. It doesn't matter though, I wouldn't want to live in Montreal because I would feel bad unless I learned French.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 12 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 03:50:02 PM)

Hawaii has a cool observatory right? Living in Hawaii would be cool as shit. Austin is a great town too.

Sukkit basically just stick to within 100 miles of an ocean (gulf of mexico doesn't count) and you'll probably be OK.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 13 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 04:03:33 PM)

I'm not sure, I don't like beaches and all that. Probably not going to look for anything in California.

(Mostly because I'd prefer to be in the East Coast or the Midwest to allow some form of communication with the people I'll be leaving behind)
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 14 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 04:33:59 PM)

What Canadian schools did you look at?
-Amphy
D
Administrator

Reply 15 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 06:26:50 PM)

I'm not sure, I don't like beaches and all that. Probably not going to look for anything in California.

(Mostly because I'd prefer to be in the East Coast or the Midwest to allow some form of communication with the people I'll be leaving behind)

I don't think the 'within 100 miles of an ocean' comment was about having fun at the beach.

Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 16 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 07:09:25 PM)

Yeah it has nothing to do with climate
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 17 of 44 (Originally posted on: 03-31-10 07:09:45 PM)

Also who doesn't like the beach?!
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 18 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-01-10 04:27:01 AM)

Oh, so you mean where the liberals are. My bad. Sometimes I forget.

And what have beaches ever done for me?
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 19 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-01-10 07:11:53 AM)

They've given me hours of idyllic childhood memories.
It is company policy not to release this information.
D
Administrator

Reply 20 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-01-10 11:48:11 AM)

Oh, so you mean where the liberals are. My bad. Sometimes I forget.

And what have beaches ever done for me?

I don't think it has to be about liberals, population in general tends to settle along the coasts. There is a lot of empty space between the Atlantic and Pacific. Of course any major city is going to have lots of people around, but it's going to be a long drive to the next city.

http://www.census.gov/geo/www/mapGallery/images/2k_night.jpg

And beaches are awesome, seriously dude?

Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 21 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-01-10 12:10:54 PM)

Spaniard answer my question.
-Amphy
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 22 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-01-10 12:41:55 PM)

Quoted from A.C. Slater:
Spaniard answer my question.

the spaniard

Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Reply 23 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-01-10 01:06:54 PM)

Another Spaniard

Canadian, I wikipedia'd "List of Canadian universities" and checked the websites for all of them, yes even the ones in Nova Scotia.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 24 of 44 (Originally posted on: 04-01-10 01:09:33 PM)

Are there any in particular that you're looking at? I know a few Italians in Montreal studying translation, but not at McGill. There are like seven universities here.
-Amphy
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 3790 | Total Posts: 44 ]