Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > My Grandmom Died > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1731 | Total Posts: 34 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Albannach
Bon is persistently retarded.

Ballkicks: (+15 / -5)
Reg. Date: Jan 2010
(Originally posted on: 03-01-10 07:37:12 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Yeah, it's sad, but that's what old ladies, do, yeah?

The funeral was saturday, and I have a lot to catch up on up here.

I'll post again soon.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 1 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-01-10 07:39:35 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

That sucks, I'm sorry for your loss MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat

Nickolati: when i was 17, fruit loops gave me a boner
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 2 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-01-10 08:51:06 PM)

I am sorry to hear that man. My grandma is getting close, and it kills me.
My Music Blog
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-02-10 07:25:20 PM)

Do you have any memories of her you'd like to share?
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 4 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-02-10 07:41:42 PM)

Quoted from help i'm a giraffe:
Do you have any memories of her you'd like to share?

My grandma is an old German bitch who won't be leaving me shit when she dies except for memories about her complaining about the Jews, blacks, and the Allies for being the bad guys in WWII. What a cunt.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
This reply was last edited on 03-05-10 01:53:35 PM by atlas sighed (at me).
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 5 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-02-10 08:36:50 PM)

No one asked you, vissario.

C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 6 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 06:38:47 AM)

My grandfather died when I was in basic training.

I'd just ran 4 miles out to the range in full battle rattle because I was missing ability group runs to set up the range. This was in week 4, so that still hurt, but it was doable. What sucked was getting smoked since 3am, then running out there. So, I'm resting under a shade tree, eating my MRE breakfast when they start firing, and I end up towards the end of the rotation.

Around noon, I start to move towards the firing line, because it's finally time for me to group and zero. Then I hear it "PVT [Chimp]! Get your battle buddy and report to the guard tower."

A buddy from second platoon was my firing coach at the time, which is utterly useless when you're first learning, but since that's how it was set up, that's where we were. I got up, dropped my magazine, cleared the weapon, got rodded off the range and started walking up the steps to the guard tower. I thought they'd found my contact lenses stashed in my locker or something.

So we do the dog and pony show of me knocking, asking to enter, standing at parade rest, blah blah. Nervous as shit. My drill sergeant, who at the point in my life, was the most nasty, meanest person I'd ever encountered, I mean, he fucking scared me, told me to sit down.

"You're grandfather's dead."

I couldn't even talk. Just a flood of memories and tears, unloading all the pent up frustration, sadness, and anger. I remembered all the good stuff with the man, him walking me up and down the driveway in Savannah when I was like 6, teaching me all about the religion that eventually drove him insane and killed him. The ridiculous stories, the card games, all of it.

And I couldn't do a fucking thing. Just helpless, angry and a little embarrassed to be crying in front of all these tough guys. After I pulled it together they told me I'd be leaving post the next day to go to the memorial service and started talking me through the process of getting him full military honors for his funeral. (We didn't do that, but it was nice to see they were human.)

It was the last time I've cried in my adult life, and only the second time in my life someone I was close to died. It's an absolutely terrible, no matter what your outlook is on life and beyond.

I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
Reply 7 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 06:47:08 AM)

My grandmother just had her 80th birthday and there was a gigantic shindig for it because they think it'll be her last birthday.

I couldn't go because I was ill and the last thing I wanted to do was infect her. She's bad enough off that it just feels like a waiting game. I sympathize. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 8 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 07:43:01 AM)

Quote:
It was the last time I've cried in my adult life, and only the second time in my life someone I was close to died. It's an absolutely terrible, no matter what your outlook is on life and beyond.

I cried at 21 when my dog died, and a few months later when we had to get rid of the other dog. I didn't cry the summer after when my great grandmother and then grandfather died. I feel like a bad person.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
jimmy
Selber Schuld, kein Mitleid

I am really bad at giving custom titles and, well, the internet in general tbqh

Ballkicks: (+506 / -233)
Reg. Date: Nov 2003
Reply 9 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 07:48:32 PM)

Quoted from Amphyskimmilk:
No one asked you, vissario.

Do we have to be solicited for posts now? No one asked you to reply, either.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 10 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 07:54:48 PM)

Well I asked Albannach a question then vissario replied like I was asking him a question.
-Wandering Idiot
jimmy

Reply 11 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 07:56:57 PM)

It's just asinine to condemn someone for posting an unsolicited reply on a forum. Without such replies, forums stagnate. No one asked for Chimp's story about his grandfather, either, but he wasn't chastised. Put aside your lovey dovey shit for a moment and admit that her comment was pretty stupid.
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

Reply 12 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 08:46:21 PM)

Again, Jimmy acts like he's the only one allowed to be a dick.

Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 13 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 09:47:42 PM)

Quoted from awkwardly touching my jimmy:
It's just asinine to condemn someone for posting an unsolicited reply on a forum. Without such replies, forums stagnate. No one asked for Chimp's story about his grandfather, either, but he wasn't chastised. Put aside your lovey dovey shit for a moment and admit that her comment was pretty stupid.
tell me more about internet forums jimmy
jimmy

Reply 14 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 09:49:08 PM)

Go find yourself in Budapest. It's ok that you're a bitch Amphy, just don't be a hairy bitch.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 15 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 09:55:48 PM)

go find yourself in wyoming
jimmy

Reply 16 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 10:05:33 PM)

I'm sorry (not really) that you're going through an identity crisis and feel useless. I'm sure running away to a be a tourist in a foreign country will illuminate your path in life. Also, I'm no longer in Wyoming, but don't feel the need to update random internet denizens of my current whereabouts. I'm sure living in a city where you have to worry about earthquakes and air quality makes you superior. omg yah rite fag lol
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 17 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 10:08:18 PM)

who worries about earthquakes, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 18 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 10:09:11 PM)

Congrats on getting out of Wyoming btw
jimmy

Reply 19 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 10:12:29 PM)

Ok, if that doesn't make your cut then add traffic, crime, unemployment and overcrowding to your list.
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 20 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 10:15:45 PM)

do you really like sit around worrying about an earthquake i mean come on
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 21 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-03-10 10:15:53 PM)

Two of my grandparents have died, both of them lived in Greece and I never got to know either of them too well. When they died I felt a lot for what my dad was going through (both were his parents), but not so much personally because I didn't get to know them too well, especially my grandmom.

I'm much closer to my other grandparents who i've been around all my life, and I really don't want to think about their mortality. Sometimes they say things to me like "I hope you get married soon so I can dance at your wedding." It's probably a good thing that they are comfortable with the idea of death, but it makes me sad to hear them talk about it so nonchalantly. I realized in the past couple years my grandmother is hilarious, and i'm sad that I never noticed before.

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, albannach. I hope you are feeling well through it, and i'm glad you're here posting now.

Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reply 22 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-04-10 01:47:35 AM)

and feel useless. I'm sure running away to a be a tourist in a foreign country will illuminate your path in life. Also, I'm no longer in Wyoming, but don't feel the need to update random internet denizens of my current whereabouts.

He's in Colorado now, guys.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 23 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-04-10 06:15:25 AM)

The difference is that vissario was being a dick and chimp wasn't.
-Wandering Idiot
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 24 of 34 (Originally posted on: 03-04-10 10:15:15 AM)

are cities really just too big and scary for poor lil jimmy?
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1731 | Total Posts: 34 ]