Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > An open letter to everyone I have ever known... > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 ] [ Thread Views: 1464 | Total Posts: 28 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
(Originally posted on: 02-23-10 06:21:58 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

You guys are a bunch of cynical assholes, but recently I mailed everyone important to my life a letter. Say what you will, but here it is. Take it at face value.

Quoted from An open letter to everyone I have ever known...:

Let me start of by saying that everything is going to be okay.

The universe can be a cruel, cruel bitch. I know that the economy is bad and it is getting more difficult by the day to keep your pantry stocked. Time is more valuable than money, and when we have the time to get out of the house, we often lack the funds to do so. I know that your job stresses you out from time to time, and has never once properly reimbursed you for your time. I know that your significant other does little things that piss you off on a regular basis, and your feet probably hurt right now. The quest for knowledge often slaps you in the face, and people rarely give back .01% of the energy that you invest into them. Also, your problems are SO much more important than everyone else’s woes. Believe me, I understand. Take a moment to breathe. I’m quite serious. Close your eyes and inhale until you are about to burst. Slowly exhale, and then open your eyes.

You are beautiful/handsome. You probably don’t hear that as often as you should, but it doesn’t make it any less true. There is no one on this planet remotely similar to you. Your thoughts and actions are your own, and no one else can wear your favorite shirt the way you do.

You are important to someone. If you are sitting there pondering who that could person could be, I can think of one off the top of my head – me. In a roundabout way, you have helped shape me into who I am – and for that I cannot thank you enough. Even if our interactions were limited to a scuffle in a parking lot, you challenged my thoughts and made think about something from a different angle. Small things add up to great things when you consider the big picture. No matter what you do in life, you are contributing to the well being of others. Fast food employee or a doctor, your actions can directly affect someone’s day. Take things seriously and act accordingly.

Take the time to appreciate the small things in life. Our life expectancy is around 80 years with our current level of medical technology. Compare that to your great- great grandfather who used morphine to cure the common cold. (In retrospect, maybe they were on the right track.) Regardless, stop thinking about things in terms of months, days, years, etc. How many more striking full moons will you get to experience in your lifetime? Assuming that they are all beautiful and attention grabbing, you will have the opportunity to see about 960 of them. How many have you let go already? Makes every moment seems a little more valuable doesn’t it?

In closing I have only a few things to say.

1.Smile more. It really is contagious. Even if you are on the warpath your smile will have a physiological effect on the people around you. You are much more likely to hear something positive if you project positivity to the world.

2.Quit shaking hands and start hugging people. You will understand when you start doing it.

3.There two types of situations you can be presented with in life. Things that you are able to directly influence, and things that you cannot directly influence. If your energy investment can change the situation at hand, it is worth beating your head into a wall over. If all of your efforts are in vain, why waste the energy? Sometimes its better to cut your losses and get on with your life.

I love you all,

Nick

Even Jimmy and Stoffel <3  
My Music Blog
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 1 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-23-10 08:26:17 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

i'm a serial-killer :)

ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 2 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-23-10 08:28:53 PM)

you too, Nick <3
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
"where is my mind."
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

gotta get that VICTORY ROYALE #gamer #memes #LoL

Ballkicks: (+1782 / -130)
Reply 3 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-23-10 09:47:53 PM)

you're not gonna kill yourself are you
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 4 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-23-10 09:59:47 PM)

Nope. I promise.
My Music Blog
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 5 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-24-10 07:18:19 AM)

Yeah, given all the suicide prevention training I've had in the last two years, I'm pretty sure I'm supposed to drag you to the chaplains office and if you won't go I have to go tell the first sergeant.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 6 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-24-10 07:50:25 AM)

Nah man.

Everyone I know has been on edge lately. It's part of the reason that I have been so down lately. Everyone I interact with has this doom and gloom outlook on life right now. I go to them to get cheered up, and they literally just start pouring on the negativity. I pretty much wrote this hoping that they would get the hint and stop being self loathing douchebags.
My Music Blog
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 7 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-24-10 08:17:25 AM)

The sweet tone of that letter just took a sour turn. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

I was feeling so good too
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 8 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-24-10 12:19:24 PM)

Is this a chain mail or something?
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Ballkicks: (+1266 / -281)
Reply 9 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-24-10 03:54:06 PM)

I'm still not joining your cult, Nick.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 10 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-24-10 05:01:44 PM)

My cult is the coolest cult on the planet Phil. I almost have as many as Scientology. You also cannot join unless you are a young impressionable white woman, so I am afraid that even if you wanted to it wouldn't really work out.
My Music Blog
Muzta
Lord of the Dance
Negative Association was the name of my hot tub

Ballkicks: (+140 / -19)
Reg. Date: Apr 2002
Reply 11 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-24-10 06:05:58 PM)

Quoted from Thornicate:
My cult is the coolest cult on the planet Phil. I almost have as many as Scientology. You also cannot join unless you are a young impressionable white woman, so I am afraid that even if you wanted to it wouldn't really work out.

I can wear a whig
"Nice guys finish last, then we sleep in" - Duk's Sig
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
Reply 12 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-24-10 06:52:10 PM)

Quoted from Thornicate:

sup
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat

Nickolati: when i was 17, fruit loops gave me a boner
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 13 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-24-10 06:54:20 PM)

Quoted from Thornicate:
Nah man.

Everyone I know has been on edge lately. It's part of the reason that I have been so down lately. Everyone I interact with has this doom and gloom outlook on life right now. I go to them to get cheered up, and they literally just start pouring on the negativity. I pretty much wrote this hoping that they would get the hint and stop being self loathing douchebags.

And you were telling us something about being pessimistic assholes?
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 14 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-25-10 10:02:42 AM)

Quoted from Muzta:
Quoted from Thornicate:

I can wear a whig

You can't wear a member of a defunct political party which ceased operating in 1856, idiot!

HISTORICAL ICE BURN
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 15 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-25-10 12:55:36 PM)

He can if he exhumes the body and makes a mask.
My Music Blog
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 16 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-25-10 02:36:38 PM)

Quoted from WHITE POWDER!1:
Quoted from Thornicate:
Nah man.

And you were telling us something about being pessimistic assholes?

I said that with love, bro.
My Music Blog
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 17 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-25-10 05:18:58 PM)

Quoted from Thornicate:
He can if he exhumes the body and makes a mask.

Dude, after over 100 years there will be no flesh left to make a mask. Especially given the primitive body preservation techniques used in that era.

MORTUARY SCIENCE ICE BURN
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 18 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-25-10 11:45:07 PM)

those aren't ice burns stop abusing my smiley you piece of shit
Guy Tuttle and Ass
Global Moderator

Reply 19 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-25-10 11:45:20 PM)

motherfucker
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

Reply 20 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-26-10 03:46:19 PM)

Quoted from take it sleazy:
motherfucker

Want me to ban him? I will bro. I got your back.
My Music Blog
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 21 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-27-10 07:34:46 AM)

Quote:
motherfucker

:icebrun:
It is company policy not to release this information.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 22 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-27-10 07:51:34 AM)

Icebrun sounds like something a Danish person shits out.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 23 of 28 (Originally posted on: 02-27-10 12:32:05 PM)

hehe. It's what they call a coffee maker at ikea.
It is company policy not to release this information.
flaming arrow
INTL Premium Member

old time judge suck cock

Reply 24 of 28 (Originally posted on: 03-02-10 02:47:45 PM)

Quoted from take it sleazy:
those aren't ice burns stop abusing my smiley you piece of shit

I was using it sarcastically you piece of shit.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1464 | Total Posts: 28 ]