Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > let me out. oh god, let me out > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 2408 | Total Posts: 52 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member
Unapologetic apostate approaching her apotheosis, how apropos

Ballkicks: (+130 / -4)
Reg. Date: Jun 2006
(Originally posted on: 02-08-10 02:20:22 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Really need out of Utah. My load this semester is ridiculously light and I have a car. I don't have classes on Fridays or Mondays, and I'd like to just take off and .. drive somewhere.

Bearing in mind that it can only be a 4ish day trip (for a really good idea I might be able to smudge that a bit), and that it's winter so driving very north could be a really bad idea, where should I go?

I have only one idea thusfar, and it's LA. (I have a brother there)

Anybody have any suggestions?
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Ballkicks: (+723 / -204)
Reg. Date: Jun 2002
Reply 1 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 02:25:36 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Missouri sucks.

Midwest sucks.

Go west.
I don't have a drinking problem.
I drink, I get drunk, I fall down.
No problem.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Ballkicks: (+611 / -49)
Reg. Date: Jul 2002
Reply 2 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 02:29:20 PM)

Visit me in Seattle.

Do ittttt.
HeavenGaymes hahaha gay mes

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 3 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 02:39:28 PM)

You live in Seattle? What do you do there?
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 4 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 02:40:16 PM)

engineer at Microsoft*

*corporate whore

*actual whore

"Being tackled is fun cause its like getting a great big hug from a strong guy. You get to lose yourself in his arms...It only hurts when they let go MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS" - Shady Milkman

"I'm not even sure if believe in abortions period...but man do I hate retards" - Dimitrios
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 5 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 02:46:28 PM)

Quoted from Socrateius:
Visit me in Seattle.

Do ittttt.

Would actually consider it. Seems quite north though and I'm not sure of the weather. Only a 12 and a half hour drive though.
Koalas have sharp claws but they are weak. They all small and fat and they be climing trees. I hope a storm just come while theyjust chilling up in the tree thinking they is hard and they're will all just fall off. They just break they neck and shit. When they fall they claws are going to fall off and they going to be crying like some little bitches.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 6 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 02:48:39 PM)

Quoted from just dandy:
Would actually consider it. Seems quite north though and I'm not sure of the weather. Only a 12 and a half hour drive though.

Hehe cool. Don't know about the route to Seattle, but Seattle itself (Pacific northwest in general) is decent weather, in the 50s. You (and any other INTLer) are welcome to crash.

Scruffy - The Janitor
Alcoholics Anonymous
While anarchy can often turn a humdrum weekend into something unforgettable, eventually the mob must be kept from stealing the conch and killing Piggy.

Pimpin is just a haircut and a shave away!

Ballkicks: (+650 / -57)
Reg. Date: Jan 2003
Reply 7 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 02:52:57 PM)

Quoted from Jeezus:
Midwest sucks.
Hey, Madison WI is a pretty happenin' place....

*sigh*
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 8 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 03:01:24 PM)

Have you been to TN?
My Music Blog
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 9 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 03:02:55 PM)

I want to go to Seattle. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS
No problem.
Socrateius
Robobear 3000

homersexual

Reply 10 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 03:03:19 PM)

Quoted from Jeezus:
I want to go to Seattle. MAGUSMAGUSMAGUSMAGUS

go go go 14 14 go

just_dandy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 11 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 03:06:24 PM)

Quoted from Nickolati:
Have you been to TN?

Is that doable in 4 days?
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 12 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 03:11:06 PM)

If you go to Tennessee they have a life size replica of the ancient Parthenon.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
Nickolati
...moved to Idaho?

the cumstain that is left on the wall 11 years after the party has ended

Ballkicks: (+611 / -61)
Reg. Date: Dec 2003
Reply 13 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 03:17:33 PM)

Quoted from just dandy:
Quoted from Nickolati:
Have you been to TN?

Is that doable in 4 days?

Depends on how hardcore of a driver you are. I drove from LA to Nashville nonstop.  I was also doing blow off my dash though, so go figure. 

1 day driving, 2 days chillin, 1 day driving back would be my guess.

I'm extremely fucking busy these days though. I tried meeting up with Chimp, but that didn't work out. Assuming you wanted to chill with me you would have to let me waaay in advance so I could clear out some time.

Nashville is a fun town though. Lots of fun bars and clubs, Little Athens park, several art galleries, live music every night, strip clubs, fantastic dining, etc.

Memphis is a little bit rougher, and there is less to do unless you just enjoy getting fucked up and trashed - going by what I know of you I would think you'd have more fun in Nashville. Especially if you are used to dealing with Mormons and stuff. Memphis would be culture shock.
My Music Blog
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 14 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 03:19:22 PM)

oregon trail

just_dandy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 15 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 03:26:15 PM)

So I'm heading to LA *this* weekend. Have made arrangements and everything all within the last five minutes. Still intend to take other trips though, so keep 'em coming.
C
Administrator

Level 90 Ginger

Reply 16 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 03:30:39 PM)

I'm sure I'll drive through again sometime, Nick. God only knows when though.
No problem.
Trash Mod
Administrator
I wish I were dead.

i'm nick and i'm too stupid to read so i make unnecessary posts

Ballkicks: (+574 / -34)
Reg. Date: Oct 2004
Reply 17 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 03:58:20 PM)

LAs alright. It's supposed to rain later this week though so don't expect it to be like the movies or anything.
It is company policy not to release this information.
ba
INTL Premium Member
Captain of the Cool Kids

and i said, a\re you a gay ass fucker who can't take a baseball up the ass you faggot???? and he said yes........

Ballkicks: (+456 / -62)
Reg. Date: Apr 2003
Reply 18 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 04:10:34 PM)

havin a birthday party on Sat, come to Richmond!

might have to drive fast though.
~British Agent
.___.
{O,o} O RLY?
/)__)
-"-"-
"where is my mind."
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 19 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 05:38:13 PM)

Eh, should be good anyway. I haven't seen my brother or my nieces and nephew who live there in a while, and they can see the ocean from three sides of their place. Apparently there are some nice tide pools.
This reply was last edited on 02-08-10 06:21:26 PM by just_dandy.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 20 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 05:49:05 PM)

Seattle is a pretty sweet city. Only spent a weekend there, but it was pretty awesome, even in the middle of winter.

I already knew Utah was pretty bad, but like, is there anything to do in Provo? I'm going to be spending a weekend at BYU in March for an undergraduate research conference and I'm pretty sure, after doing a bit of preliminary searching, it's going to be the worst weekend of my life.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

Reply 21 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 06:18:37 PM)

I fucking love tide pools. So many cool animals.
-Wandering Idiot
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 22 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 06:19:18 PM)

Utah's really not all that bad, to be honest. If you're into outdoorsy stuff there's an absolute ton of stuff to do. BYU might be pretty suffocating, but Provo canyon is actually incredibly beautiful. And then there's American Fork canyon, which is nearby. Utah's basically outdoor paradise and often really breathtaking. I just get really stir crazy and need to take a trip.

I don't know, what kind of things are you hoping to do? I don't really imagine you as being much for the clubbing scene and whatnot, and tbh, I know virtually nothing about that type of thing.

edit: if all else fails, you can mosey up to Logan and we can bitterly discuss politics. And webcomics.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 23 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 06:31:26 PM)

Yeah, not big on the club scene. I know there is an art museum on campus, according to Google Maps, which I'm pretty sure I'm going to check out, even though I have no idea what kind of art it has. I'm mostly looking for record stores, theatres (not Cinemark), maybe even a couple nice restaurants. I won't have a car, so I doubt I'm going to have much liberty to venture outside of campus or the immediate downtown area, so doubt I'll be able to do much sightseeing or adventuring.
just_dandy
INTL Premium Member

Reply 24 of 52 (Originally posted on: 02-08-10 06:44:05 PM)

Not to venture into creepy internet person territory or anything, but depending on the weekend in March, I may actually already be in the area for a friend's thing and could potentially show you around a bit, although I admit I'm not incredibly familiar with Provo. You could at least see some pretty canyons/take pictures if you like. (I think I remember that you're into photography?)

There's also a quite cool dinosaur museum that isn't too far. Hm. I'll have to ask some friends about restaurants and the like.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 2408 | Total Posts: 52 ]