Username [Register?]: | Password [Lost Password?]: Save Password?
Bottom of Page
INTL v5.0 > Discussion Forums > The "Song A Day" Thread Forum > So it's the new year > Viewing Thread
Also Here: 1 guest. Moderated by: D drahnier
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] [ Thread Views: 1738 | Total Posts: 53 ]
Rate This Thread: Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
Amphytrite
Hard for Drah

I don't really even like hearing about it or reading about it

Ballkicks: (+1869 / -83)
Reg. Date: Apr 2004
(Originally posted on: 12-31-09 08:44:19 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Typical new year thread!
Did you do anything good for NYE? Any resolutions?
I spent the night dry heaving and thinking my stomach was eating itself. I love being sick. Resolutions seem pretty pointless to me because I never keep them and I feel like the beginning of another year isn't a brilliant reason to resolve to do something.

Happy new year assholes.
Spiff: amphytrite, the anti-tart

Purple: Amphy, scratch my neckfat

Nickolati: when i was 17, fruit loops gave me a boner
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Some plants even masturbate into their own vaginas in order to reproduce.

Ballkicks: (+918 / -56)
Reg. Date: Sep 2001
Reply 1 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 09:48:21 PM)
Edit Post | Edit History | Send PM | Change Title | Reply w/Quote | Report Post | Ignore | Show All Posts

Stayed in and worked on finally typing up some of my research notes for a project I'm working on at school. About to go watch some documentaries and make some hot cocoa.

I really don't like New Years Eve all that much.
atlas sighed (at me)
User is currently banned until further notice.

Reply 2 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 10:39:11 PM)

You're a boring shut-in

I had the privilege of messing around with a drunk girl whilst texting a sober girl trying to get into her pants and ending up with the sober girl getting pissed off and the drunk girl landing face-first into a toilet. My friend got drunk, too, and told me he was glad I came down and apologized for having to be the DD while I am just mad that I didn't get ANY FUCKING PUSSY at all this entire fucking year. Fuck my life.
A witty saying proves nothing - Voltaire
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 3 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 10:49:46 PM)

Great story!
This reply was last edited on 12-31-09 11:41:43 PM by Air Bud.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 4 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 10:52:45 PM)

The truth hurts, you lonely repressed geek. I was like you once, in fact I probably still am at heart, but I think I've realized that life is far to valuable to whistle away thinking ill of everything and not trying to enjoy some parts of it.

Edit: I doubt the last tidbit considering your initial story. But that's just me.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 5 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 10:54:02 PM)

Hahaha. Awww, poor guy. Is the Navy not working out the way you wanted?
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 6 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 10:54:48 PM)

Lol, when did I say that? Have you been spiking your cocoa big guy?
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 7 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 10:56:06 PM)

My cocoa was pretty good too, and Planet Earth looks pretty fantastic on my projector, in my apartment, that I pay for.
This reply was last edited on 12-31-09 11:42:30 PM by Air Bud.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 8 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 10:59:17 PM)

Hehe, you keep rocking that domination gig man; more power to ya wearing the gimp mask. I won't knock it.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 9 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 11:00:27 PM)

Poor little guy. A year is a really long time.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 10 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 11:04:41 PM)

You're a special guy.

Infact, I thought wrong of you as a person, so as a present, I'll leave you with this Sandman:

Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 11 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 11:07:18 PM)

Poor, poor little guy.
Sunn O)))
INTL Alumni
14 year RP master

Zan-beef

Ballkicks: (+761 / -127)
Reg. Date: Mar 2002
Reply 12 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 11:07:30 PM)

Guys, this is what Sandy and Viss do for shits and giggles on New Years Eve.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 13 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 11:08:03 PM)

I tell ya, it's why I keep coming back to intl!
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 14 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 11:25:34 PM)

Not going to lie, I enjoy antagonism in both directions.

Glad you had safe New Years, vissario. I'm truly disappointed that you didn't get laid. It's upsetting, I know. I've been there, done that. Don't forget, I was also in the military and went through similar experiences. Now, however, I'm 28-years old, I've done the whole crazy, drunken NYE bullshit and have found that it's utterly useless. Instead, I actually find that being a "boring shut-in" as you so delicately put it, is actually more worthwhile and meaningful. I spend my time with the people who's company I enjoy and cherish, doing things that I both enjoy and excel at. I would have gone to a friends house tonight for a small party she was having, but to be honest, the roads are terrible and she lives about 30 miles away, so I didn't want to deal with possible drunk drivers on the road. So, if you want to be critical of me for not sharing your enthusiasm for going out to bars and chatting up drunk girls, so be it. As I said, I've been in your shoes and frankly, it's a waste of time, despite being fun at first; however, after a while, you get to a point where you're merely convincing yourself it's still fun, even though you really know it's no longer so.
Ztolk
INTL Premium Member
Rawr.

definitely threw the blue lego

Ballkicks: (+838 / -47)
Reply 15 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 11:27:25 PM)

Got druuuunk. Had a retardedly expensive meal with my friend and then went to my dad's house where I drank enough to tolerate his partner and then drank some more. By near years everything was wonderfuly jolly. I'll read everyone else's posts when I sober up.
"I used the internet to get laid once. That is not a shining moment of pride for me. The worst thing? She evidently gave me chlamydia, which I evidently got cleared up."
-Wandering Idiot
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 16 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 11:34:18 PM)

Quoted from Sandamnit:
Not going to lie, I enjoy antagonism in both directions.

Glad you had safe New Years, vissario. I'm truly disappointed that you didn't get laid. It's upsetting, I know. I've been there, done that. Don't forget, I was also in the military and went through similar experiences. Now, however, I'm 28-years old, I've done the whole crazy, drunken NYE bullshit and have found that it's utterly useless. Instead, I actually find that being a "boring shut-in" as you so delicately put it, is actually more worthwhile and meaningful. I spend my time with the people who's company I enjoy and cherish, doing things that I both enjoy and excel at. I would have gone to a friends house tonight for a small party she was having, but to be honest, the roads are terrible and she lives about 30 miles away, so I didn't want to deal with possible drunk drivers on the road. So, if you want to be critical of me for not sharing your enthusiasm for going out to bars and chatting up drunk girls, so be it. As I said, I've been in your shoes and frankly, it's a waste of time, despite being fun at first; however, after a while, you get to a point where you're merely convincing yourself it's still fun, even though you really know it's no longer so.

Who said I'm upset? I'm just telling it how it is.

I agree fully it is boring the whole party scene. I played billiards and beer pong and wasn't exactly having the time of my life. It sucked. But it was a means to an end that didn't pay me any dividends. I wasn't out much money, just a bottle of Grey Goose for my old friend from high school and some Fosters for me to drink. Shit, I'd have bated myself off had I known that, but that is beside the point.

Happy new years, fuckers big grin
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 17 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 11:40:28 PM)

That's good then. I remember missing opportunities with girls for some reason or another when I would go out to bars when I was in the military. At the time, I would get pretty upset about things not panning out. It wasn't until later that I realized it was probably in my best interest that things didn't happen the way I would have liked them to. So, if you aren't upset, all the better.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 18 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 11:46:55 PM)

Most of the girls I've encountered in on base are not worth fucking because they will use it on a guy at one juncture or another. I wouldn't trust a navy chick as far as I could throw her. Did you guys have a buddy policy? I can't even get out base without getting questioned on where we are going and who is our "liberty buddy". It's a pain in the neck trying to do anything when you gotta play nanny on who is with you.

That has gotta be the gayest shit ever; I'm 21 and have done things on my own for the past 3 years and I am back to a curfew like in my parents house.
Air Bud
Internet Superstar

Reply 19 of 53 (Originally posted on: 12-31-09 11:58:20 PM)

It's all part of the trainee bullshit. It's pretty annoying. I went through six months of AIT after Basic Training, so I know all about how horrendously annoying and restricting it can be. I even turned 21 in AIT, right after Basic Training, so I hadn't earned any privileges to go out to drink that night in celebration. I had to be in my bunk by 9pm that night. Oh, and it was a Friday night. Anyway, things will improve once you get into a regular duty station. It becomes more like a normal job, life will improve.

And yes, we had a buddy policy, all the way through training and while I was in Korea and Iraq. Pretty much more than half of my four years in the military I had to deal with buddy system, buddy system, buddy system. Also, yeah, if you think the girls are bad right now, if you end up overseas, it only gets worse. In Korea, even the ugliest girls were a pretty hot commodity and they all knew it. The ugliest, fattest, most cross-eyed wench of a girl could easily bag a guy a week, if she so much as waddled into a club. What's almost worse are the civilian girls around small military towns. They are all raised around the military, know the ins and outs, and are pretty much predators. I know a few guys who got suckered into "relationships" that ended the day they decided they didn't want to spend $200+ a week on them in drinks and gifts and shit. A couple even got married, deployed, divorced, and ended up without a cent to their name when it was all said and done. I wish I could say that the girl aspect gets better, but it only gets more competitive, fucked up, and dangerous.
atlas sighed (at me)

Reply 20 of 53 (Originally posted on: 01-01-10 12:26:40 AM)

As MM1 would tell us to say when you hear the good news about the ball of shit rolling down the chain of command: Roger that.

At least my hand doesn't talk back or expect a drink or two.
D
Administrator

i didn't have the strength to get it all the way off

Ballkicks: (+1950 / -91)
Reply 21 of 53 (Originally posted on: 01-01-10 04:27:00 AM)

Went to a party with all my good friends. Was fun.

Pertti Susilainen
Head Priest

mr. sukkit

Ballkicks: (+924 / -57)
Reg. Date: Dec 2002
Reply 22 of 53 (Originally posted on: 01-01-10 05:40:54 AM)

I drank in a park, nearly froze to death, then played some football, then went to some pubs. I almost stayed home because I'm actually somewhat sick, but then I remembered how sad it was last time I didn't go out for New Year's.

As always, it turned out to be much more fun than expected.

As for resolutions, I don't have any. Last year's was being more gentlemanly and I actually succeeded, so I'm still a bit shocked.
Zippo: oh man you are a genius
neon

is going to post her bus stop here tomorrow, and we will love it.

Ballkicks: (+210 / -43)
Reg. Date: Apr 2005
Reply 23 of 53 (Originally posted on: 01-01-10 07:19:53 AM)

stayed in with a few friends, played game cube/ board games (i am cluedo QUEEN), drank wine, at 15 minutes to 12 decided to race to a hill that overlooks the city and watch fire works while drinking champagne and hoping the persons drive way we parked in wouldn't suddenly appear. it sounds boring, but it was by far one of the best NYE I've had.

this years resolutions consist of saving every penny, dime and nickle in order to somehow make it to japan/europe/Canada/America in the months between July and Feb.
poop
$$~~~Crips~~~$$
slooooooooooooots

i'd expect more sorcery in a place called mana pools

Ballkicks: (+731 / -71)
Reg. Date: May 2002
Reply 24 of 53 (Originally posted on: 01-01-10 07:53:41 AM)

I feel like given another half hour, sandy and viss would have made out

I went to a house party, got kinda drunk, talked sports with a bunch of guys most of the night and then came home and watched some curb your enthusiasm. now i'm waiting for the gf to wake up for some morning loving.

Happy new year, fellas.
Quick Reply
Page: [ 1 2 3 ] Reply to Thread | Create New Thread | Create New Poll | Convert To Poll | Subscribe To Thread
[ Thread Views: 1738 | Total Posts: 53 ]